lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: fin!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-24-2006, 02:40 AM   #1
Samuel Dravis

fin!

I just finished the game, and a couple of things that stand out were: the myst-like desolation feeling without being irritating like myst games; the music, which was rather good; and the voice acting was pretty good (like in all of the LEC adventures). I also really liked the cartoon cutscenes, those were sweet. I appreciated how the puzzles weren't so difficult to figure out that they detracted from the fun of exploring.

In all, I think it was not quite so fun as some other LEC adventures, because I like more dialogue, but it was a great game, and definitely a good buy for $2.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2006, 08:58 AM   #2
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
You're right about the feeling of desolation. It's really charming to just walk around the game world, listening to the music and the sound of your steps. This is definitely my fave LucasArts game after Grim Fandango.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
Flibbo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNaomi
You're right about the feeling of desolation. It's really charming to just walk around the game world, listening to the music and the sound of your steps. This is definitely my fave LucasArts game after Grim Fandango.
I'm re-re-re-re-re-re-replaying grim fandango at the moment. I adore that game.

I really liked the feeling of desolation in the game as well. A lot of games are made too easy by irritating npcs giving out huge amount of clue to puzzles or just having irritating npcs in general.
Flibbo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2006, 05:53 AM   #4
lord ignarn

The atmosphere is the best I have found in an adventure game lately, mainly by the great sound effects (the wind, the sea...). It actually feels like we are in other planet, and a very scary one!

"Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest. And like a forest it's easy to lose your way to get lost When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. This is the first and cardinal rule of combat. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself..."

Hattori Hanzo.
lord ignarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2006, 08:22 AM   #5
cocytan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord ignarn
...and a very scary one!
yeah, walking around all alone on the islands always creeped me out after a while... kudos to the composer.

Sphincternet.
http://01.hostrocket.com/

"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty."
cocytan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
Valkian
Loves Razputin.net!

Current Game: Snatcher
I would also like to remark the stunning artwork, not an easy thing to create such an amazing place out of just...rocks (mostly).

awesome stuff....

Valkian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > The Dig Museum > General > General Discussion > fin!