lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [FIC] The Adventures of Jolee Bindo
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #481
Grey Master
Firecracker

One of the best Fan Fics I have read in all my life!!!
Grey Master is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 06:39 AM   #482
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Jae, since this Thread has been resurrected by Grey Master, I was wondering if the sequel is coming out this year, once you've done all the edits, etc. I'm a big fan of this Fic and I really want to read the sequel when it comes out, since I want to see what adventures Jae, Jolee and Talin have. I've read a possible plotline to it, but is there any working titles or haven't you got to that stage yet. Later today, when I'm not busy, I'll be reading this Fic again.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 10:14 AM   #483
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
@Master Demonius--generally LS.

@JM12--Hey, maybe if the World ends in 2013 it'll save me some college tuition.

Thanks Grey Master and Pottsie. I plan to do a sequel this year. I have a little more free time now that I don't have the other volunteer post to oversee, and I do have a sketchy plot. We found a hole in our garage roof so we're doing a lot of work on it this week while the weather's nice, and I think I'll try to tackle something this month in the outline department.

Chapter 19's nearly done in revision, chapter 20 revisions are giving me fits but finally starting to gel. Some chapters are easier to revise than others.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #484
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

I suppose some Chapters are harder to revise. I forget what you do to the Chapters Jae. Do you just add more to the Fic or what? I'm not sure. Well I'm looking foward to the sequel Jae and take as much time as you want on it. If there is anything I've learnt, don't let any of us rush you, like LucasArts rushed Obsidian. Thanks for answering my questions Jae and I hope the world doesn't end in 2013. I'll only be 20/21.

Edit: I feel proud that I was the first person to reply to this Fic when it was posted.

Last edited by Pottsie; 01-06-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #485
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsie
Do you just add more to the Fic or what? I'm not sure.
Basically. She also corrects the numerous errors I find (), and changes various things. They're worth reading, in my opinion. Some of the revised chapters are practically new ones, though they've all been improved.

Quote:
like LucasArts rushed Obsidian.
That game is every bit as complete as KotOR is, darn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 04:38 PM   #486
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Once TSLRP comes out, TSL will become even more complete. Personally, I prefer TSL, but Jolee in this Fic reminds me of KOTOR and how much I don't play it compared to TSL.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #487
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I did some minor revisions of chapters 1-13 when I posted them in the Archives. For 14 and on til I finish it off, Jiara's been beta-reading. She made some major suggestions about altering style and voice, and she also caught some content issues. Emperor Devon's made some substantial comments on the last few chapters I've been revising in order to make them better in content and more in keeping with current EU (and catches the idiot mistakes like having a comma where a period should be, etc.) I re-read both the chapters and the comments you've all made as I posted the chapters initially--some of the things you ask about or comment on also get incorporated. I find the major problems, revise the chapter, send it off to Jiara and Emperor Devon, and revise again from there. So in some respects, the stylistic changes alone have made the chapter substantially different, and all the help has been invaluable in making them better.

I've altered some of the content to a greater or lesser degree simply because when I wrote the chapters, I didn't have a complete sense of 'what happens next', and now I do. Some of the major things stay the same--the 'almost kiss' stays in chapter 20, the tornado chapter remained the tornado chapter, there will still be a battle with Miraxton, etc., so I'm not making wholesale story changes except near the end where I'll probably put the major lightsaber battle with Miraxton onto the ship and make it happen at the same time as the space battle.

Now that the story is done, it's easier to go back and clean up some of the story--taking out unnecessary mini-subplots that don't go anywhere, beefing up some of the major subplots, a little more character development of Miraxton (who I didn't know was the bad guy myself for quite some time as I wrote), make sure all the different story threads connect, that kind of thing. Sometimes it takes longer to revise them than to write them in the first place.

That's a long way of saying the major story content will stay the same, but some of the minor stuff will get cut, altered, or added to in order to better support the overall story. And Pottsie, I was very glad to have your comments as well as everyone else's.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Old 01-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #488
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Well, it's nice to know what you do when you edit the Chapters. And I think this Fic will win the best long Fic. I don't blame it. You've mixed Jolee and other KOTOR characters in greatly with new characters like Jae and Talin. Before this Fic was released, I remember having a character named Talin on TSL, but that's off-topic. I think this Fic is the perfect spin-off to KOTOR.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:54 AM   #489
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
An absolutely great fic Jae. I just read it all through [i've been reading for a while now, but only a chapter at a time, and i only just finished (But hey, remember what they say ... Great things take time ... or, something along those lines anyway )]
Jolee's portrayal is spot on Wonderfull work.

Off-topic: i remember reading somewhere, a few years back, that astronomers have discovered an asteroid heading straight for Earth, and it will hit in the year, 2013. So i guess your in luck Jae with that tuition, lol.

The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2007, 08:38 AM   #490
Jae Onasi

JediMaster12 gets the 2013 credit--she's the one who posted something about that. But yeah, it'll save me a bundle. Not that I'd care at that point, however.

Thanks for the compliment. It takes me awhile to get through some of the longer fics, too. I like to sit down and read them several chapters at a time when I can. It helps to see how the story flows.

Jolee's a lot of fun to write for. Sometimes I'll have a snippet of dialog cross my mind and I'll think "Oh, Jolee would love saying _that_."

Old 01-15-2007, 03:09 AM   #491
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Jae, I was just thinking about this Fic today and I wanted to ask you some questions.

1. What do you like about The Adventures of Jolee Bindo?

2. Who are your favourite and least favourite characters?

3. What are your favourite and least favourite parts of writing this Fic?

4. If you could change the title of the Fic, what would you change it to?

5. Any news on the sequel and are there any working titles?

Feel free to answer these and I'm still looking foward to the sequel. PS. I hope an asteroid doesn't hit the Earth.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #492
Bee Hoon
ngom ngom ngom

Forum Veteran Veteran Fan Fic Author LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
I finally finished everything! *phew* This is the one of the best fanfics I've ever read (barring depressing sad endings). I love the way you fleshed out Jae and Jolee... It's so funny when they start bantering, esp with Mik'oth!

The sun goes down and the sky reddens, pain grows sharp.
light dwindles. Then is evening
when jasmine flowers open, the deluded say.
But evening is the great brightening dawn
when crested cocks crow all through the tall city
and evening is the whole day
for those without their lovers

-Kuruntokai 234, translated by A.K. Ramanujan

[Fic] Shreds of a Dying Belief
Bee Hoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2007, 09:44 PM   #493
Jae Onasi

Thanks beehoon! Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Jae, I was just thinking about this Fic today and I wanted to ask you some questions.
I'll answer these below. Thanks for asking!

1. What do you like about The Adventures of Jolee Bindo?

A. The good guys win. I also like Jolee's and Mik'oth's quips and how Jae and Talin change over time.

2. Who are your favourite and least favourite characters?

I don't have a least favorite--all the characters are 'my babies' so to speak, though Jolee, Jae, Talin, and Mik'oth are my favs.

3. What are your favourite and least favourite parts of writing this Fic?

Least favorite--it took me much longer than I anticipated. I thought it'd be maybe 30 pages long and be at most 10-ish chapters. Also, I wish I'd done it in 3rd person instead of 1st--when you're a new writer, you think 1st person is easiest, but I discovered it's actually harder than 3rd. Favorite part of writing the story--making up the quips for Jolee and Mik'oth. There were a couple times I was on lunch break at work and I'd be typing something and laughing out loud. I think the staff probably thought I was going nuts.

4. If you could change the title of the Fic, what would you change it to?

I hadn't thought of that. I'm not sure that I'd change it.

5. Any news on the sequel and are there any working titles?

No more new news. In the last month we had to put a new roof on the garage and my dad had a stroke (very minor), so I've been pre-occupied with those things.

Quote:
Feel free to answer these and I'm still looking foward to the sequel.
Oh, believe me, the sequel's wanting to come out, so there will be one.
Thanks.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:39 AM   #494
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Thanks for answering my questions Jae. I laughed when I read about you on your lunch break, typing the "quips" between Jolee and Jae.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:11 PM   #495
Jae Onasi

Revision of chapter 19 is up. Revision of 20 is in the works and will be quite a bit different from the current version. Hopefully better, too.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #496
Jae Onasi

Revision of chapter 20 is done, and thanks to Emperor Devon and Jiara for all the help.

Old 02-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #497
Aurora Starfire
Veteran

Hi, Jae, I guess I'll join the throng of fans and say, "What a great fic!" This was one of the first fics I ever read, and it has given me a lot of laughs, and still does, whenever I re-read it.
Just one small thing I noticed when reading the latest update. The Ithorian planet is called "Ithor" not "Ithoria".
Thanks for sticking with it, and I'm eagerly awaiting any future revisions, and the afore-rumored sequel

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins---
but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Aurora Starfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2007, 08:53 AM   #498
reven0123
Rookie

this is exellent

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revanů and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." Darth Malak
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2007, 06:57 AM   #499
reven0123
Rookie

What a fic shame it had to end heres hoping you decide to continue it at some point.

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revanů and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." Darth Malak
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #500
Jae Onasi

Chapter 21 has been revised. I'm working on 22 and 23. I've revised the outline for AoJB 2 so I hope to get working on that sometime this summer. Revisions are taking me a lot longer than I ever anticipated. Hope you enjoy the changes.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #501
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Mentions of a sequel to this. The suspense is killing me. Anyway, good luck with the remained revisions and I'm looking foward to the day you finally mention that the sequel is being written. Once again, good luck.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #502
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsite
Mentions of a sequel to this. The suspense is killing me.
Grovel a little, and maaaaaaaaybe I'll let you have a peak at the plot outline...

Quote:
Old 05-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #503
Jae Onasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Grovel a little, and maaaaaaaaybe I'll let you have a peak at the plot outline...
Hahahahaha....no.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:23 AM   #504
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Hahahahaha....no.

Oh fine, but you know I can't resist teasing people over it. Hall's already been trying to bribe me.

Quote:
Old 05-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #505
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
<_< Meet me out back in 15 minutes, it'll be worth it.>_>

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 08:16 AM   #506
anakin34
Rookie

That story was bang'in I think your lying that could'nt have been your first fan fic
anakin34 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 08:45 AM   #507
Jae Onasi

It was my first indeed. Thank you very much.

It also helps that chapters 14 thru 21 have been revised heavily, so you didn't see the initial mistakes that I made all over the place in that part of the story, though I had a very good time making those mistakes and writing the whole story in general.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #508
spark91
Rookie

WOW that was a great fan-fic, i just started reading about a couple days ago and i just finished it today and i gotta say i havn't read this much in a long time and this is the first time i ever read any fan-fic. i loved those bindo jokes u put in there, they are priceless, i will be looking forward to the sequeal with great anticipation
spark91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2007, 02:23 AM   #509
Seamhainn
Forumite

Hello!

I don't want to sound rude but is there a file of the whole story?

Take care
Seamhainn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2007, 02:49 AM   #510
Jae Onasi

The FIN thread is here.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #511
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
O_o

So amazing! This is the best story ever. Jolee is now my favorite starwars character of all time. I haven't had the time to read it all, i've only begun to read the first chapter. If you haven't published this yet, you should! If you already have, then that's awesome! I haven't been able to read every post int his thread yet, so i don't know. all i've done is simply archived this story into Microsoft word so i can read it. if this isn't published yet- i promise i will never take credit for it. I'm not some guy who goes and plagerises such a masterpiece. i could never write as good as you! reading this has inspired me to amke my own story, to be set 4,000 years after what starwars episode 9 is supposed to be. hopefully, reading this, i might pick up a few bits of advice for myself upon writing a good story. You are absolutely the best writer ever. Upon only reading half of the first chapter, i can tellt hat this sotry is going to be awesome to read!
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 11:49 PM   #512
Jae Onasi

Chapter 22 revision is up. Hope you all enjoy it.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:55 AM   #513
jesusfreaks_90
Rookie

Hi I was wondering if you could host the file somewhere and give us a link to download it. Plz and Thank you.
jesusfreaks_90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2007, 10:26 PM   #514
Jae Onasi

I don't currently have it posted anywhere but here (and the Jedi Archives has the finished version with the story only--no comments) and at kotorfanmedia.com . It's complete on this site, and I'm up to chapter 23 on the kfm site. I don't have any plans to host it anywhere else at this time. Thanks for asking, though.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:04 PM   #515
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
That was the best fic I have EVER read!!!! I just have to say that I am speechless. Simply amazing!

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2008, 02:42 PM   #516
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
read

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > [FIC] The Adventures of Jolee Bindo