lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Forum Question
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-02-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
gswift

Forum Question

I hope this is the right place to post this question.

What is the purpose of the buddy list? I tried adding someone to my list, but I don't see any special reaction from the site. I was hoping to find a way to easily locate new posts by someone. (without opening thier profile and showing all posts)

Thank you in advance, and good work on the site. :-)

Gary Swift (aka gswift)
Lenexa, Kansas USA

You can try to monkey-proof your program, but you'll never monkey-proof the monkey.
gswift is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Well, it does a few things. For one thing, when ever one of your buddies is online, their name will have a "+" by it. It just makes them stand out a bit more in the big mess of names at the bottom of the page.

Its also good for PMs. all you have to do is click there name to send a PM, rather than having to type it out. (Sinse you have to spell the name exactly, this is quite handy, especially if your buddy has a hard to spell name.) EDIT: No, thats not true. I think it was like that in the old forum, though. At least you have the correct spelling of your buddies name on hand.

I think it can do a few other things, but to be honest, I never really use it. I only have something like 3 or 4 buddies.

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
gswift

So it's just the little + by the name at the bottom when they're online. Thanks guys, I wouldn't have noticed that right away. Maybe the buddy/block list page should offer an explanation. I don't remember seeing anything.

Another question: Will the block list hide posts and IM's from an individual? There's nobody I wan't to block right now, but you never know. Maybe that should be explained better on the buddy/block page as well.

Gary Swift (aka gswift)
Lenexa, Kansas USA

You can try to monkey-proof your program, but you'll never monkey-proof the monkey.

Last edited by gswift; 03-02-2006 at 06:56 PM.
gswift is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2006, 09:33 AM   #4
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lion54
Its also good for PMs. all you have to do is click there name to send a PM, rather than having to type it out. (Sinse you have to spell the name exactly, this is quite handy, especially if your buddy has a hard to spell name.) EDIT: No, thats not true. I think it was like that in the old forum, though. At least you have the correct spelling of your buddies name on hand.
You're close

When you open your buddy list (via the the Quick Links option at the top of the forum).. you'll see a list of all of your Buddies. You can click the checkboxes next to their name (max of 5 per PM) and then scroll to the bottom of the list and click the PM Users button.

Plus, the Buddy List will auto-refresh itself after a minute or so. It's pretty handy in those respects...

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EmpireAtWar.net > Feedback > Forum Question