lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars: Warriors of the Force
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-09-2006, 02:16 PM   #41
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"That's why I'm here." He said to Tari. He then turned towards Ty. "You'd best not be trying anything funny, or you're in for a world of pain, got that?"

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 02:22 PM   #42
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
"Calm down, soldier," said Tacit. "This guy isn't about to try anything," he continued, removing his beam sword from his belt. "Unless he wants to lose his.... fingers."
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #43
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
"You know what, Tacit?" Tari practically shouted, stepping closer to him. "I've had just about enough of you. You have no right to be ordering my father's soldiers and employees around, or to be attacking innocent people." with anger, she slapped his hand in an unexpected move, knocking his weapon to the ground. She then stuck a finger in his face, "You were ordered to protect me, which puts you under my control. And in case you really are as dense as you act, that means that you have to listen to my orders. And now, I'm ordering you to shut up, and stand down."

ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #44
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Tacit opened his hand, and his weapon shot back into his hand. He pushed her back gently, hooking his weapon back to his belt. "My apologies," he said, though not sounding entirely sincere. "... princess."
Old 04-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #45
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Her eyes lingered on the Jedia for a moment, still glaring at him, before moving back to the others. "I'm sorry, just so hard to find good help these days..."
She shook her head, and then glanced from Gashon to Ty. "So, what were you two planning on doing? We have to move on, so..."

Old 04-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #46
steven
^I'm with Genius^

Location: Doesn't matter. The question u should be asking is "where r u?"
Jack had a meating with the local sherif. There was a good sum of money involved and it ensured Jack would be out of town. He was to meet the sherif in his office, so that were he went. After talking with him, Jack agreed to go to the mountains and kill an animal that were causing trouble to hitchhikers. Jack set off right away

Make love, not toast.

Last edited by steven; 04-22-2006 at 03:58 PM.
steven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #47
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
He scoffed and spun around, crouching and connecting the power cables to the tires within a few minutes. He stood up and nodded. "Where ya' headed?"
Xbx_Inthusiast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 03:07 PM   #48
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"A small village, just north of the plains. If you're going to tag along, leave the bike behind - it's too easy to track."
Old 04-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #49
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
"And footprints aren't? These people have no idea what a tire track looks like.. i'll tag along." He said, hopping on his bike. "It's nothing.. Tari," he said, looking around then firing up the beast, pressing a button as the tires turned sideways and the bike started to hover. "Not repulsorlifts.. but air.. something I picked up."
Old 04-09-2006, 03:48 PM   #50
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"But how many people around here ride on of those?" asked Tacit. "No, leave it here. It's too memorable. We don't want anyone to be able to follow us."
Old 04-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #51
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Tari frowned grudgingly. "Tacit is right, for once. Besides, we wouldn't be able to keep up with you if we were on foot and you were on...that. If you want, I'm sure that you could store it in the Embassy."

Old 04-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #52
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"If you're coming, hurry it up. I want to make it out of the main city by nightfall," said Tacit. "I'll give you a hand. You two," he said, pointing to Tari and Katri. "Stay here. If either of you get hurt, my pay goes down."
Old 04-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #53
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
He sighed and switched it off, letting it stay there. He snatched his ridiculously large wrench and his knapsack and slipped them on as an attendee from the Embassy dragged it inside the building. He strutted up next to Tari, slinging an arm around her shoulders. "Shall we?" He said in his most charming voice- he was doing this to get Tacit angry, it seemed to be working.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:02 PM   #54
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

On any other normal occasion, Tari would have slapped Ty for even touching her. But seeing as he was a potential ally against Tacit, she smiled kindly at him, and slipped gently from beneath his arm. "Indeed we shall. That is, as long our control-freak friend doesn't have an objection to it."

Old 04-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #55
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Tacit glared at them for a moment. "I'm good. You sure there's nobody else you want to tie a leash to and drag along, princess?"
Old 04-09-2006, 10:22 PM   #56
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
Ty smirked and stood on his own. He glanced around, then to the soldier. "Him?" He poked a thumb in his direction.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #57
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Hey! It's nothing personal, it's just my job. I need a drink." Gashon said, leaving the group to go to a nearby cantina.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #58
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
He muttered the words 'drunk' before turning back to Tari and Tacit. "What're we waiting for?"
Old 04-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #59
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Now we're waiting for Tacit to point us in the right direction." Tari answered, cocking an eyebrow at him expectantly.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #60
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Tacit threw her a dirty look, the turned away from them and began walking towards the north end of town.
"There's a shop on the edge of town I want to stop at. I want to get you a real weapon, princess - that dagger won't be very useful against anything more than a yelt rat."
Old 04-10-2006, 09:35 PM   #61
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Whoa - wait a minute!" Tari said, "I can hardly use this thing, let alone anything bigger! Besides, I'm not supposed to fight, that's why you're here."

Old 04-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #62
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"I might not always be there to take a sword blade for you," he said seriously. "I want you to have something you can actually use to defend yourself should the need arise. It's just a precaution."
Old 04-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #63
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"But Katri is also here. Even if you would be gone, she's paid to stay by my side every minute of the day and night." though by this time, she saw that there was no swaying Tacit. "But fine, go ahead and waste your credits. See if I care."

Old 04-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #64
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"I'll also want to train you how to use both the dagger and what I have in mind for you properly. Something tells me of all the areas you've been edjucated in, hand to hand combat wasn't one of them. Katri can help me with that," he added, giving Katri suggestive look. "I want you to teach her whatever you can, got it?"
Old 04-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #65
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"This is so unlady-like." Tari murmured, more to herself than anyone else. "What would father think if he knew I was learning to fight like some common soldier?"

Old 04-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #66
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"He would be proud, I'm sure. You're father was a great soldier himself. The best of the Dalmonic Wars, if you ask me. I'm surprised he hasn't forced you to learn basic combat yet."
Old 04-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #67
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Katri smiled slightly. "He would not force her to do anything she didn't want to," she said quietly. "As for training, yes I can help with that."

She turned to Tari. "As much as I know you despise the idea, it is wise. I am paid to remain with you and that is what I'll do. But you ought to know how to defend yourself at least if there are more attackers than Tacit and I can effectively handle."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2006, 12:42 AM   #68
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
He glanced down at his ridiculously outdated and rusted 3 foot hammer hanging behind him on his belt as he walked. "Wow.. this thing needs.. " He looked to Tacit and grinned to himself, running up beside him and throwing an arm around his shoulders, practically hanging on him.

"Oh buddy ol' pal! How 'ya doing? How's your life? Anyway, let's get to the point.. I need a blade.. preferably a long, thick one with some weight.." He said, grinning from ear to ear. "What about it pal?"
Old 04-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #69
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"I'll see what I can do..." said Tacit. "But I'm not exactly loaded on cash. Not until I get her safely away," he jabbed a finger at Tari over his shoulder. "And bring her home when her father sends word."
Old 04-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #70
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Her has a name, you know." Tari said, her arms crossed again. "I'd like you to start using it."

Old 04-11-2006, 05:57 PM   #71
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
He smirked and backed up, keeping the pace with Tari. "Yeah.." He said, folding his arms behind his head. "A name.."
Old 04-12-2006, 05:07 PM   #72
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
The walk through the city was uneventful, other than a few drunks and a beggar. At the edge of town, a old shop with a battered sign had on display in it's windows a variety of swords, ranging from simple short swords to large, ornate broadswords. There was an assortment of other weapons, as well as several types of armour. Tacit opened the door, holding it open for the others.

Inside was quite, and felt oddly like an old library. An old man with a kind face stood behind the counter, shining a large shield behind the counter. Tacit walked up to the counter and cleared his throat.
"I need something for the girl," he said, indicating Tari. "Something easy to handle, but will keep her safe if I can't be there."
The old man studied Tari for a moment, then walked out from behind the counter. "I have a wide variety of smaller weapons over here..." he said, gesturing to the back wall. "I don't know how much weapons training she has..."
"None," said Tacit baldly. "But I plan on fixing that. I was hoping to get her a melee weapon - a blaster isn't going to do much, where we're going."
"Well, I have an assortment of swords to your left. Rapiers, short swords... I don't think she could handle anything larger than that, though."
"I doubt it," agreed Tacit, eyeing Tari. "Something light, I think. Iron, maybe. Nothing heavier than steel."
Old 04-12-2006, 05:17 PM   #73
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"I would preferably not handle a weapon at all." Tari murmured, looking around the shop with disdain. Why was Tacit so difficult?
Just then, something caught her eye. It was a longsword that was on display in the window. She moved past the otheres to its display, and wrapped her hand around the wire-bound hilt, lifting it down and resting the blade in her other palm. It was indeed heavier than she had thought, but the steel was flawless and glinting, the binding on the hilt smooth and comfortable. The jewel embedded in the pommel was an emerald, and the grip fit her well...or at least, with her limited knowlage, she thought it did. The crosshilt, also of steel, stretched straight across, the edges curving in both directions, forming two small spikes on each side. She gripped the hilt tighter, and swung it up. The movement was clumsy, and the blade nearly made contact with another display, but the weapon wasn't so heavy that she couldn't pick it up.
"How much for this?" she asked, scanning about and picking up the black and silver sheath for the weapon.

Old 04-12-2006, 05:32 PM   #74
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
The old man waled over to her, and took the sword from her. "Ah, a fine choice, madam," he said, smiling. He turned to Tacit. "She has good taste."
Tacit rolled his eyes. "How much?"
"I believe I could sell it to you for... perhaps 200 deths."
Tacit pulled a money pouch from his tunic. "200 it is," he said, emptying the pouch on the counter, gold and silver coins cascading across it.
The old man went behind the counter to count out the coins. Tacit turned to Tari. "There's an old tradition among... my 'people'," he said. "We name our weapons. Something meaningful to he... or she... who wields it. I don't know if you'll want to do that. Just something to think about."
Old 04-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #75
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Tari began to pull the belt of the sheath around her waist, but throught better of it and instead slung it around her shoulder.
"Why in the world would I want to participate in a Jedia tradition?" she asked increduously as she tried, and failed, to slide the sword into the sheath. "I don't even have a good one..." she murmured to herself as she tried a second time, this time successfully to sheath her new blade across her back.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:06 PM   #76
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"Just a thought," he said defensively. "No need to get all... Hrent-ish on me."
The old man looked up, having counted all the coins. "Thank you, sir. Pleasure doing business with you."
Tacit nodded, and proceeded to the door, holding it open for the others.

"Alright," he said, as they left the city limits. "There are a few things you should all know. We'll be going along the base of the Herpetlec mountains. That's the shortest way to the Hirtala forests, where we'll be hiding out until we hear word from your father." He turned to Tari. "It won't be a picnic. The mountains are home to some dangerous creatures. Al'hayat make their dens on the edge of the forest, at the base of the mountains. You'll want to start training with that new sword of yours as soon as possible."
Old 04-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #77
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Tari's face paled. "W-wait. Al'hayat? Please tell me you're joking!"

Old 04-12-2006, 06:28 PM   #78
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"No, I'm not," said Tacit darkly. He saw the terrified look on her face, and his features softened. "Look, don't worry about it. You'll be fine, as long as you stay close to me or Katri. Sleep as close to the fire as you can, and keep your swords nearby."
Old 04-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #79
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"As if that will do me any good." Tari murmured, a hand resting on the hilt of her dagger. She now found herself wishing that she knew how to use the small blade, at least.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:19 PM   #80
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
"GYAH!" He yelled, running after them, an extremely large buster sword flailing along behind him, the shopkeeper taking off after him, yelling obscenities. He tripped as the sword flung out forward, barely missing Tacit as it embedded itself in a tree, practically toppling it over.

'675 deths!' the shopkeeper yelled, tackling Ty. With his old age, it was suprising he was so athletic. Ty yelled out as he and the man tumbled head over heels along the ground. They skidded to a halt as he fought off the old man who was straddling his chest, throttling him. "Hel-!" Ty yelled before he was thrown aside then tackled to the ground again."THIEF!" The old man yelled.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Star Wars: Warriors of the Force