lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Unable to move on certain maps!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-17-2006, 05:04 PM   #1
TronusNavigon
Rookie

Angry Unable to move on certain maps!

Help! I can't move on certain maps like Geonosian. Huge rocks or huge buildings block my path. Is this due to a patch? A mod? How can I fix this? I always have to auto-resolve battles on certain planets because I cannot traverse the terrain due to being blocked by the ultra tall sceneary. Help!

http://www.techwarrior.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=37025743
TronusNavigon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2006, 05:25 PM   #2
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

You should be able to move around the various terrain obstacles. Use your mini-map and follow the lighter colored terrain as it is traversable.

>>Moved to Tech Support

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
TronusNavigon
Rookie

Absolutely not.

For an example, I can't even play past the second level of the campaign -- FONDOR.

Now am I doing something wrong? I don't think so. Right when the planetary map starts, the buildings are so huge that it blocks the path and I can't even see turrets or anything. Basically my units have nowhere to go upon arrival.

The buildings are huge and they block the paths. THere's nothing I can do about this. I've modded this game to hell simply because I was never able to play the campaigns, nor can I play certain land maps. How **** is that? Maybe now you understand why I'm so cynical about this game and where my grumpiness comes from.

I've yet to find anything that would allow me to change the buildings in the XML files.

What - the - hell - is - the - deal - with - this - bug?

Why am I not able to move anywhere on Fondor or many other city type that has the HUGE buildings/rock spires blocking movement because they are oversized? Is anyone else having this problem?

Please... I don't want to be grumpy about this game anymore. I don't want to write scathing posts in forums ranting and raving. I just... really... wanna see what this campaign is all about.

I specifically am using Fondor land map as an example so that I may relate it to somebody else. (The second land objective of the Empire campaign).

Very frustrating.

http://www.techwarrior.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=37025743
TronusNavigon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #4
DarthMaulUK

could be a graphics issue? have you installed any mods? if so, remove them. Also, update your graphic card drivers.

DMUK

wind burn from the speed of dial up
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #5
zac naloen
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronusNavigon
Absolutely not.

For an example, I can't even play past the second level of the campaign -- FONDOR.

Now am I doing something wrong? I don't think so. Right when the planetary map starts, the buildings are so huge that it blocks the path and I can't even see turrets or anything. Basically my units have nowhere to go upon arrival.

The buildings are huge and they block the paths. THere's nothing I can do about this. I've modded this game to hell simply because I was never able to play the campaigns, nor can I play certain land maps. How **** is that? Maybe now you understand why I'm so cynical about this game and where my grumpiness comes from.

I've yet to find anything that would allow me to change the buildings in the XML files.

What - the - hell - is - the - deal - with - this - bug?

Why am I not able to move anywhere on Fondor or many other city type that has the HUGE buildings/rock spires blocking movement because they are oversized? Is anyone else having this problem?

Please... I don't want to be grumpy about this game anymore. I don't want to write scathing posts in forums ranting and raving. I just... really... wanna see what this campaign is all about.

I specifically am using Fondor land map as an example so that I may relate it to somebody else. (The second land objective of the Empire campaign).

Very frustrating.

Sounds like you've installed a mod that has rescaled the buildings.

Also you should never have multiple mods installed that can cause some weird problems.

Delete all of the mods you have installed (by deleting the XML, ART etc folders from the Data folder) and boot the game up with all the latest drivers for graphics cards etc.

zac naloen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #6
fhcninja
Lurker

was having the same problem, removed the realism mods and it works just fine..
fhcninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Tech Centre > Unable to move on certain maps!