lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter DirectX Problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-19-2006, 04:08 AM   #1
darkfighter37
Lurker

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter DirectX Problem

I have installed X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter on my Windows 2000 Professional computer and the damn thing keeps asking me if I want to install DirectX. I have installed it and reinstalled it umpteen times and I am getting sick to death of it!!! Can anyone help?
darkfighter37 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Which service pack do you have installed? You can check My Computer Properties under the "General" tab if you don't know. If you don't have at least Service Pack 3, you might do well to download and install Service Pack 4, even just for the security fixes.

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2006, 04:00 AM   #3
darkfighter37
Lurker

I checked my Service pack, and it is Pack 4 already. Is there any other probable problem? (If it helps, I can't even play the game. Every time I click Play it comes up with the DirectX screen.)
darkfighter37 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I would suggest a post on the XWA Upgrade forums (look for the link in the left menu) in the "Soft/Hardware Problems" forum. I know someone has seen this problem, but I can't seem to find the solution on Google...I think at least Avenger One would know about it. It might have have something to do with the Application Compatibility Toolkit, but again, I didn't see anything on Google about this.

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > X-Wing Trilogy & X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter > X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter DirectX Problem