lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How do i make my custom skin be used by a bot???(JK3)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-01-2006, 05:33 AM   #1
Revan05
Rookie

Exclamation How do i make my custom skin be used by a bot???(JK3)

I've made custom skin out of the rosh model, but I want it to be able to be a bot, can anyone give a link to a tutorial or something plz?

Peace is a lie
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The force will set me free.
www.freewebs.com/revan05
Revan05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2006, 09:05 AM   #2
Ranius
Rookie

you may want to make a npc. i am not used to making bots, but considering that they have only some minor differences, it should basically be the same thing. also, there should be a tutorial within the botfiles folder.

anyway, if i assume a bot equals a npc, then you can make a yourmodel.txt document, specifying the bot's basic charachteristics and AI. there should be a cmd line put in wich specifies the bot's model. there you should put your custom model's name.. i'm not ure weather a path is needed or no. look at some examples. when you finish, rename or convert or save as or do whatever works, so that the yourmodel.txt file is in the end a yourmodel.jkb(jedi knight bot) file.

the bots are under:

gamedata/base/assets1/botfiles/*.jkb

the tutorial should be a bot(s).txt somewhere in their midst.
Ranius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > How do i make my custom skin be used by a bot???(JK3)