lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Pseudoscience of UFOs
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-07-2006, 04:37 AM   #41
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Paragraphs, friend. Paragraphs.

Quote:
But to assume that highly intelligent life that can travel seemingly insurmountable distances - which obviously means they have technology beyond anything we could achieve
I'm nitpicking here, but it's related to the topic, and it's interesting, so I'm game.

Maybe they created a temporary wormhole behind our Moon or something when arriving and leaving (if they existed, that is). It'd save a lot of travelling time, and we wouldn't see what goes on back there.


"It's possible!".

Quote:
(...) would come here not to announce themselves and make contact in any way, whether for peaceful purposes or invasion and conquest, but to abduct and anal probe people and turn cattle inside out, is totally ridiculous.
Technically, these creatures, despite looking like particularly undernourished humans and building flying space-ships that look very Earthly (I mean, look at those photographies, they look very human despite their alien shape), might have a totally different mentality than us, and thus is folly to us makes perfect sense to them.

But, of course, I'd assume that they'd make use of some sort of logic like we do.

Quote:
If they're so technologyically advanced to travel between star systems in a managable period of time, why would they make use of such primitive technology as they supposedly use to examine us, rather than some kind of super-advanced X-ray scanner or something? Why would their so-called "mental blocks" be so susceptible to simple hypnosis techniques?
Well, when Cortéz "discovered" the Aztecs, they had stone structures that amazed the Europeans. However, they had not yet invented the wheel.

Quote:
For centuries, different cultures have had different explanations for sleep paralysis. In a modern, techno-centric world where 98% of the public is likely aware of aliens and spaceships and such, the natural conclusion becomes "OMG! Aliens took me onto their spaceship and experimented on me!"
It's the modern version of the old tales of trolls kidnapping you from your home and taking you into their mountain halls - and related themes. It's just UFOs and saucers instead of trolls and caves, and anal-probes instead of whatever the trolls did to you.

Quote:
No more Zelda for you
There are aliens in Zelda?
()


Last edited by Dagobahn Eagle; 07-07-2006 at 07:08 AM.
Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2006, 01:29 AM   #42
DarkStarMojo
Junior Member
 
DarkStarMojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rockin' in the Free World
Posts: 366
Sorry 'bout the paragraphs. 'Twas late and I was just typing things as they came into my head.

Now, I suppose trying to make an intelligent post in a topic that is basically speculation and pretty ridiculous to begin with isn't a good idea. In that case I concede, but it is kinda fun to make up theories that fill in the holes, like filling in holes in the plot of a bad sci-fi movie.

Quote:
No more Zelda for you
Never played it. Sorry. The correct response would have been - "No more staying up 'til the crack of dawn after having too much soda, sugar, and pie for you."


Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Project lead, lead mapper
http://www.darkforces.jediknight.net
http://dfmod.blogspot.com
DarkStarMojo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #43
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Heres somthing interesting:
To the common citizen, we believe that what we see is 'Unidentified'. Why is it that when we ask the government, "Was there a UFO in the sky on the night of August 1, 2002?', and they say, "No. There was no UFO?. Well, it is very simple. They know what it is.

Therefore, they never lie. They are telling people the truth. There was no 'Unidentified Flying Object' in the air, for they know exactly what was in the air. It was something they could identify. This also includes unearthly objects. If we have been visited, the government knows who they are. Why? Because they meet them before.

Fast-forward...
Forty years after Roswell, you ask the government, "Was there a UFO crash?', and they say, "No.". Since they had twenty-years experience with the damn thing, they can now identify it. Therefore, they know what it is.

Get it?



R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2006, 07:29 AM   #44
MeleeMaster
Rookie
 
MeleeMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 158
*Goes To Area 51, breaks in, looks around, then gets attacked by ALIENS!*




Your auto-blocking is in vain! Only SP source code modification can allow you to block my desann-style attacks without being staggered now!
MeleeMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2006, 02:14 AM   #45
Mike Windu
Je suis l'agent du chaos.
 
Mike Windu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stars Hollow
Posts: 3,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion
There's a few on Earth who believe that we don't exist.
You know why they tell us we can't go past Pluto? because there's a wall there, man, and when we hit it we'll all wake up.

Don't even get me started with existentialism, it's so crazy and cool.

Nice av/sig btw.




That's the last time I buy anything just because it's furry!

Mike Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #46
Kurgan
Headhunter
 
Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: The Dawn of Time
Posts: 18,324
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleeMaster
*Goes To Area 51, breaks in, looks around, then gets attacked by ALIENS!*



http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?...A&game_id=6907

Sorry, couldn't resist.


Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)


"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2006, 03:09 PM   #47
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleeMaster
*Goes To Area 51, breaks in, looks around, then gets attacked by ALIENS!*


Yeah, maybe illegal aliens.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2006, 04:14 PM   #48
MeleeMaster
Rookie
 
MeleeMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 158
Note:The smiley is suppossed to be me and the big hand represents the alien.


Your auto-blocking is in vain! Only SP source code modification can allow you to block my desann-style attacks without being staggered now!
MeleeMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2006, 06:20 PM   #49
Nancy Allen``
Banned
 
Nancy Allen``'s Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,948
If there are aliens, and they were able to get here, how would such an advanced race capeable of intersteller travel be caught by us primitive humans? Or why hasn't anymore come looking for who was lost at Roswell or other alien landings and crashes?
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #50
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Quote:
If there are aliens, and they were able to get here, how would such an advanced race capeable of intersteller travel be caught by us primitive humans? Or why hasn't anymore come looking for who was lost at Roswell or other alien landings and crashes?
Right, I can see it now. Zion Centauri bombing Earth to the Hot Place for its two missing pilots. Woe be us.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #51
Nancy Allen``
Banned
 
Nancy Allen``'s Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,948
Exactly. That is not to deny the existence of aliens, but with all that technology would such an advanced race be captured by someone who considers ways to kill people the height of our advancement and the ship thje came here was lost by the others of their species?

Then again, we could be seen from what this alien race has seen that we are too primitive yet to have anything to do with them, or we are too dangerous and warlike or something, if you believe that sort of thing.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #52
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Lol...

Aliens - "Hello. We come in peace."



R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2006, 07:16 PM   #53
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
From the nutters that told us Noah's Ark was found last month, comes the news that UFOs are related to the Gospel of Christ. What a sad bunch.

Drake Equation, eh?

Most theoretical speculations about the existence of extraterrestrial life begins with the Drake Equation and the Principle of Mediocrity. The latter states, simply, that we are not special and, not being special, life such as ours must exist elsewhere in the universe.

The Drake Equation, however, is more complicated. Nearly every fundamentalist UFOist (the hardcore UFO proponent that pushes his beliefs in extraterrestrials with a religious fervor, ignoring prosaic explanations for even the most spurious UFO events and accepting with blind faith the testimony of fellow believers) uses the Drake Equation in his argument. (I've used the masculine pronoun in my description of UFO proponents twice in this paragraph because they are almost always male). Even middle ground UFO believers and skeptics refer to this equation as evidence of the probable existence of life in other parts of the universe.

But what doesn't get discussed is the fact that there are varied opinions as to the final outcome of the equation!

Let's start with the equation itself:



R* = the rate at which stars are formed in our galaxy per year

fp = the fraction of stars, once formed, that will have a planetary system

ne = the number of planets in each planetary system that will have an environment suitable for life

fl = the probability that life will develop on a suitable planet

fi = the probability that life will evolve to an intelligent state

fc = the probability that intelligent life will develop a culture capable of communication over interstellar distances

L= the time (in years) that such a culture will spend actually trying to communicate.

Drake himself viewed N as a moderate number: not too large; not too small. His argument was that communication might be possible for a moderate number of civilizations, but they would find colonization and travel expensive endeavors. Regardless of another planet's version of economic means, materials and resources would have to be expended to create ships/technology/energy to move from one place to the next.

But what the Drake Equation doesn't cover is travel to other worlds. L[/b], as noted above, refers to the time a capable civilization will spend trying to communicate. Wouldn't actually traveling to another planet of another solar system of, potentially, another galaxy be a whole different equation?

I have some other thoughts of the Drake Equation itself, but I'll hold off for now. This just struck me as an interesting topic since it has come up several times in several threads of late.

In fact, it might be interesting to discuss each of the factors of the Equation itself in a thread such as this. "The probability that life will develop" at all on a suitable planet is an interesting topic. What about the probability that a given culture of reasonable intelligence might endure the same fallible nature as humanity: competition among each other for prestige, power, etc. that leads to war? This, after all, would be an intuitive characteristic of natural selection/survival of the fittest. What about natural disasters such as volcanoes, asteroid impacts, and disease? Why wouldn't this need to be a subfactor for fi or fc?

In the Drake Equation, R* is often considered to be the best understood or easiest to deal with, since we have some solid data regarding the formation of new stars in the universe, how the coalesce from intergalactic clouds of hydrogen, helium, methane, ammonia, dust grains, etc.

We also know that only a fraction of these stars will be suitable for providing habitat for intelligent life or, in many cases, any life. The environment of the star itself has to be conducive for forming planets, these planets need to be within certain parameters of temperature and need to be in existence long enough to allow life to evolve, etc.

Life is certainly possible, even probable, in extreme environments, but conditions would need to have qualities of stability in order to allow intelligent life to evolve.

Current theories are that stars that have 1.4 times our own Sun's solar mass or more have a life cycle that is too short to produce viable planets. There is also an age qualification for stars, the older ones would have difficulty producing planets because of the lack of heavy metals produced in supernovae. These only eliminate about 1% of the stars from the equation to this point, but other factors have to be considered as well.

The proliferation of binary systems of stars eliminates more of the total due to continually shifting gravitational stresses, extreme temperature shifts, etc. that interfere with a stable planetary system forming. When we look at the Earth, the stability of the orbit, and the delicate nature of the zone we live it is unique. Otherwise we would note proliferations of life on other Solar worlds (not that it doesn't exist, but remember we're talking about civilizations not simply microbes). Apparently, at least half of the stars that aren't too old or too big belong to binary systems.

After including this as well as other factors, like stars that are too small, reside in regions of their galaxy that are deleterious to life -such as near the galactic core, and then R* goes from about 10 stars per year to much, much less. Shklovskii and Sagan (1966) estimated a rate of 10 stars per year, but Rood and Trefil came up with rates between 0.15 per year in the high range, and 0.005 per year in the low range -depending on what criteria was adhered to.

The vast majority of stars in the universe present very inhospitable environments to organisms if they have planets at all.

References:


Dole, S. (1970) Computer Simulation of the Formation of Planetary Systems. Icarus. Vol. 13, pp 494-508.
Hart, M. (1979). Habitable Zones About Main Sequence Stars. Icarus. Vol. 37, pp 351-357.
Rood, R., and Trefil, J. (1981). Are We Alone? The Possibility Of Extraterrestrial Civilizations. New York: Schribner's.
Shklovskii, J., and Sagan, C. (1966). Intelligent Life in the Universe. San Francisco: Holden-Day
That Drake Equation that scientist refer to for the number of possible alien civilizations, is so wrong that it is laughable.

The the correct possible equation will be a nonlinear differential equation with boundry conditions, because the dynamics of the galaxy is nonlinear.

A differential equation is require because the physical proceses of the galaxy is constantly changing and evolving.

Also nonlinear because the number of civilizations that have been around since the Milky Way's formation have probably have been increasing decreasing chaoticly.

The boundry conditions are require because duh; the galaxy size is finite ,the physical proceses are bound and the physical characteristics are finite.

The possible variables and physical aspects will be:the density matter in the galaxy,the number of possible chemical elements in the galaxy that we precevie as the possible markers for the formation of life or IT(intelligent life) life which is flaw logic since we have't even been no damn where in this galaxy to have unbias proof of what chemical compounds can form any kind
(not just including our definition of life) life anywhere in this supposed close universe.

Of course the rest of the variables to that pitiful Drake Equation will also be included.

I said unbias because we have gotten our knowlege the chemistry of life only form the planet Earth which is bias to the rest of the
galaxy at large.

The physical aspects will be the complicated dynamics of the galatic system, the number of blackholes, novas and other catastrophes that have occur since the Milky Way's formation; once again we can't possibly know that important data since we have't been no damn where yet.

So with all that said, the possible correct civilization equation can be form but
the values to variables will be missing and finish structure to the formula will remain incomplete until we get off of our scare, stupid, lazy asses and explore the rest of this galaxy.

Also not just keep on exploring the solar system that have not even finish yet ,which is ridicalous and pitiful.

So to every scientist out there who think that they know every f**king thing, remember that they have not even been no damn where in this galaxy to even have the confidence and with they having arrogance to form an equation that they can't even trust in the structure of or the quantity of variables.

Also another note I will like add to further ridicule the Drake Equation.

Why do the scientist at the SETI insitute keep believing that all possible extraterrestrials in the galaxy can only communicate with slow ass radio signals? That is bound by the speed of light.

I believe the answer to that question will be.

That by they having their arrogance (thinking they know every damn thing) to accept the fact that since physictists on this planet can't send signals faster then light then the rest of the galaxy is stupid as us.

So they got to used radio dishes to communicate like people at SETI desperately try to do.

So if we can't crack problems in physics then the rest of the galaxy must fail too.

Last edited by windu6; 08-14-2006 at 07:07 AM.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2006, 07:39 PM   #54
Nancy Allen``
Banned
 
Nancy Allen``'s Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodGR
Lol...

Aliens - "Hello. We come in peace."
How about, given how some aliens look, Aayla Secura would be a good example, but how about 'Take me to your...breeder!'
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2006, 08:21 PM   #55
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
I love this one:




"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2006, 04:00 PM   #56
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobahn Eagle
Paragraphs, friend. Paragraphs.




Technically, these creatures, despite looking like particularly undernourished humans and building flying space-ships that look very Earthly (I mean, look at those photographies, they look very human despite their alien shape), might have a totally different mentality than us, and thus is folly to us makes perfect sense to them.

But, of course, I'd assume that they'd make use of some sort of logic like we do.


()
How the hell do we on Earth know what aliens suppose to look like. They may look similar to human but that don't mean they evolve on Earth.
You are being bias, Dagobahn Eagle.
If you believe that?
Stop believing that bulls**t biologists tell people.
They don't know! Their knowlege of biology is bound to Earth.
They are being bias with their arrogance.
Those biologists think they know all the possible combinations of life can
evolve into in the Milky Way and rest of the universe.
By observing life here!
But they won't know nothing like that, until they explore the Milky Way or the rest the universe.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #57
Halo_92
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
......There's no evidence, only a bunch of nutbars claiming to be abducted and "probed" or Jethro claiming to see a "craft.".......
Halo_92 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #58
Nancy Allen``
Banned
 
Nancy Allen``'s Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,948
Is that what's called 'pulling an Atris'? Having a hissy fit when evidence that's contrary to what you believe is brought to light?
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2006, 05:02 PM   #59
Halo_92
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,068
Did windu6 make this thread?
Halo_92 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 04:10 AM   #60
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_92
Did windu6 make this thread?
No, I did'nt make this thread.
Some how somebody made it seem that I did.
I don't know how they did it.
But I am going to keep an open mind about the topic.
You have you opinions, I have mine.
Concerning the topic of UFOs!
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 04:25 AM   #61
Nancy Allen``
Banned
 
Nancy Allen``'s Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,948
Hmmm...

Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 04:43 AM   #62
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
Hmmm...

Ok! Nancy!
That post that you so gracefully copyed was actually started in the FOX News thread.
I did'nt start this, The Pseudoscience of UFOs thread.
If you don't still believe me.
Well, I tried !
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 04:47 AM   #63
Nancy Allen``
Banned
 
Nancy Allen``'s Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,948
You say so. But someone isn't saying what's right.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 08:11 AM   #64
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,256
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Sometimes SkinWalker splits up a thread where people started to argue about different topics for no appearent reason, so it'll be easier to follow for everyone. But usually he makes a notice so people don't get confused.

Hm.. this time he didn't. Is SkinWalker already a puppet of the alien alliance which is against the other alien alliance which is trying to take over the moon's dark side to hide from us? Is it save to talk openly in the Chambers? Is that my brain coming out of my nose? I that because of that purple ray of light going into my ear? -- Oh, nevermind, I think I just ejaculated. But why?


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 08:17 AM   #65
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Quote:
How the hell do we on Earth know what aliens suppose to look like.
I know what they're not supposed to look like.

Come on, how likely is it that something that's evolved totally independently from humans can look so similar to us?

Quote:
They may look similar to human but that don't mean they evolve on Earth.
Look at how different humans are from many other creatures on Earth. So not only will they have to be from the same planet, they'll also have to have miracoulously followed just about the just about identical evolutionary path, from generation to generation.

If I was the one inventing the Grays, I'd make them look like aliens, not anorexic humans after a bath in silver paint and a round with the Opti-Wonder Eye Enlarger 2000™.

Quote:
Stop believing that bulls**t biologists tell people.
What, that such coincidences are not likely?

Quote:
Those biologists think they know all the possible combinations of life can evolve into in the Milkyway and rest of the universe.
Please quote a biologist saying so.

Quote:
No, I did'nt make this thread.
Some how somebody made it seem that I did.
Moderators here often make posts into their own threads if they believe the posts have the potential to start a good discussion on their own.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 06:22 PM   #66
Writer
Not switching to DTV
 
Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: just past the pot o' gold
Posts: 7,439
Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
No, I did'nt make this thread.
Some how somebody made it seem that I did.
I don't know how they did it.
But I am going to keep an open mind about the topic.
You have you opinions, I have mine.
Concerning the topic of UFOs!


I find it interesting how you put forward your opinion which you claim to have taught yourself. Then, when others tear your opinion apart with logic, you go into a frantic rage, spouting information that sometimes doesn't have anything to do with the original topic. You repeatedly call us skeptics (which I don't mind terribly anymore as your opinion holds no worth to me). And finally, you say you won't bother with the thread any longer...


... and yet you always come back.


Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 07:23 PM   #67
Nancy Allen``
Banned
 
Nancy Allen``'s Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,948
Which is what prompted me to refer to him as 'pulling an Atris', as the Sith Lords character does much the same thing.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #68
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
Which is what prompted me to refer to him as 'pulling an Atris', as the Sith Lords character does much the same thing.
I am not being two-faced.
I did'nt create this thread,
If no one believe me then,
that is the end of it.
I came back to the thread because I am going to keep an open mind concerning
UFOs.
I have my doubt sometimes, but I am not going to give up on my belief.
The world's goverments are lying their asses off about UFOs, that's my opinion.
Ok!
When I was calling people skeptics, I was wrong.
I was not being fair to everybody who have their opinions on the topic.
I was being influence by my angry emotions.
But when I was calling people skeptics I refering to those in the world in general not the ones on the fourm.
If no one, that I have offended don't accept my reasons then, forget it.

Last edited by windu6; 09-29-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 09:08 PM   #69
Nancy Allen``
Banned
 
Nancy Allen``'s Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,948
So, going off when people present views that arn't the same as yours isn't being two faced? The other members might want to help me out here but I always thought it was.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 09:26 PM   #70
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
So, going off when people present views that arn't the same as yours isn't being two faced? The other members might want to help me out here but I always thought it was.
Well that's what wildjedi was inferring what I was doing.
Because I retracted my previous statement.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2006, 03:49 PM   #71
Writer
Not switching to DTV
 
Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: just past the pot o' gold
Posts: 7,439
Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
That is what you were doing.

I don't care about your intentions; I care about your words. Despite any intentions you may have, your words make you appear two-faced and easily set off into a rage.

And it's your words that people react to. We can't see your intentions, so when it looks like you're flying off and screaming about us being skeptics, that's exactly how we take it. We can't possibly know your intentions, so stop assuming we can and try to choose your words more carefully...


... unless of course you wrote exactly what you meant to say. Then, everything I inferred was true.


Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > The Pseudoscience of UFOs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.