lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: what to do now?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-04-2006, 08:35 AM   #1
shortiebunny88
Lurker

Unhappy what to do now?

noooooo have just completed grimfandango nothing to do now but to wait for the new monkey island could be years though. any ideas what i can do?
shortiebunny88 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #2
Smon
Bizarro

Current Game: Payday 2
Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Ya could always do what I do when I'm waiting for a new game to come out, go down your local pawn shop and buy an old console you remember fondly, then buy like 5 or 6 games for it.

I'm done putting links in my signature because every time I do it just links to some old crap I've long since stopped updating.
Smon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
Here are games you should check out,

* Gabriel Knight 1-3
* Broken Sword 1-3 (4th coming out later this year)
* The Longest Journey
* other LA adventures (since you know MI, you're probably familiar with these already)
* Beneath a Steel Sky

Of course, other people will give you other recommendations. These are just my favourites.You can find people's thoughts on these games in threads like this and this and this. If you own a Nintendo DS, games like Phoenix Wright and Another Code/Trace Memory might be good choices. I quite liked them.

If you don't want another game, you could try getting into Grim Fandango fanfiction. We could always use another writer.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
And of course don't forget about Psychonauts (forum), which was created by (mostly) the same guys who brought you Grim Fandango after they left LucasArts. It's a platformer, but it inherits much of Tim Schafer's storytelling and humour mastery. Not a game for everyone, but it definitely falls under the "you love or hate it" it category for most.
Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 12:37 PM   #5
Scorpicus
Rookie

Location: Wallowing in mud... or chocolate. I can't tell... no, wait. Thats mud.
Contemplate the meaning of life.
Scorpicus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #6
I say, I say
Rookie

If you like Grim Fandango you'll probably enjoy the film Casablanca; it inspired the year Manny spent in Rubacava.

"Oh Manny, so cynical, what happened to you Manny, that caused you to lose your sense of hope, your love of life?"
"I died"

There's a Lift Underground

A Lift Underground- A Grim Fandango Appreciation Site
I say, I say is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #7
SteveBB
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrik
And of course don't forget about Psychonauts (forum), which was created by (mostly) the same guys who brought you Grim Fandango after they left LucasArts. It's a platformer, but it inherits much of Tim Schafer's storytelling and humour mastery. Not a game for everyone, but it definitely falls under the "you love or hate it" it category for most.
Yeah but the problem with this is, again, after you finish it you want the story to continue because you want to know what's next. Just like GF. Not that you shouldn't check out Psychonauts. It rocked. It WHISPERING ROCKed. lame
SteveBB is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #8
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I'd recommend finding some other adventure games...Syberia, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max. I'd actually say look for a game called "The Moment of Silence" a very underrated game. Good stuff. Also, the Sam and Max game series is coming out later this year, so that will be great too...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #9
B.A.T.
Rookie

Why not take Full Throttle for a spin its kinda short but its still awesome created by Tim Schafer same guy who made GF
B.A.T. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2006, 12:24 PM   #10
Nick Virago

I don't think a sequel to this game is a good idea, it would just ruin it. Besides, I can't think of a good reason for Manny to come back from the ninth underworld, and we can't have another Grim Fandango without Manny! ("Hijole")
Nick Virago is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Land of the Dead > what to do now?