lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Changing katas with .sab files
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-20-2006, 11:00 PM   #1
Ledhead1232
Lurker

Changing katas with .sab files

Is there any way you can change the default kata moves to the kata used by debugmelee with .sab file?

If anybody knows anything about it I would be very thankful if you could help me out.

That way instead of doing a kata NPC's would do the melee throw attacks.
Ledhead1232 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
MeleeMaster
Rookie

I'm sorry but its not possible. If your wondering how the boss kyle can do the melee combos with his saber it's because he has special AI hard coded into the SP AI code which cannot be altered. I don't know why only that npc can use that AI but it's just special AI in the SP Game code, you can't get other NPCs to use it either, the AI entry in the code probably targets the entry in the npc file. The reason the SP Game code cannot be altered is becaused no SP SDK has been released. So even if you open up the .dlls you cannot recompile them so you cannot create a successful SP code modification. But if you know how to make NPCs you'll know that you can alter their AI to an extent. Sorry for a long paragraph.

Your auto-blocking is in vain! Only SP source code modification can allow you to block my desann-style attacks without being staggered now!
MeleeMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2006, 09:21 PM   #3
Ledhead1232
Lurker

Darn. Thanks for replying though.
Ledhead1232 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2006, 06:27 PM   #4
MeleeMaster
Rookie

Actually it might be possible to change katas because I made a new custom staff for myself for use in SP (it has tons of bonuses like parry and lock bonuses) and I don't know how or why but when I kata with it in SP my dude reaches out and stabs, its really cool, he basically does the same thing as he does on a roll stab except without rolling or crouching, I'll give you a screen if you want. Also, when I switched to medium style I could kick but I couldn't throw my saber.

Your auto-blocking is in vain! Only SP source code modification can allow you to block my desann-style attacks without being staggered now!
Old 08-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
katanamaru

Could you post your .sab file info here? I'd like to take a look at that.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
MeleeMaster
Rookie

I will, I can post a pic too if you want. Right now I'm on my downstairs comp though which isn't my gaming comp. I'll edit my post later with the .sab file later or if there's a new post in the topic I'll make a new post.

EDIT: Here's the .sab file:
dual_6
{
name "Jaden"
saberType SABER_STAFF
saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_dual_5/saber_dual_5.glm"
soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"
soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"
soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"
saberColor blue
numBlades 2
saberLength 38
saberStyle staff
maxChain -1
lockBonus 5
parryBonus 5
breakParryBonus 5
disarmBonus 6
throwable 0
singleBladeStyle medium
singleBladeThrowable 1
returnDamage 1
brokenSaber1 brokenstaff
brokenSaber2 brokenstaff
twoHanded 1
notInMP 1
}

Strangly whenever I use the dual_5 saber I can't kick but I can throe my saber in staff stance and as it throws the other blade will go off by itself.

Last edited by MeleeMaster; 08-08-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #7
katanamaru

Finally got back in, sorry for the delay. Looking at the file I can't see where it might mess up. I'm going to make it and try it myself to see if it does the same thing for me.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #8
MeleeMaster
Rookie

Well?

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Editing/Modding Requests > Changing katas with .sab files