lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 16 year old girl kills mother, posts about it on blogs and forums
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-05-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
Arreat
 
Arreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: tatooine
Posts: 817
16 year old girl kills mother, posts about it on blogs and forums

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/...86/detail.html

Quote:
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- Police took a 16-year-old girl into custody Friday night in the slaying of her mother, KMBC reported.

Officers were called to the 5600 block of West 125th Street at about 5:30 p.m. KMBC's Krista Klaus reported that the husband of Sue Zhang, 55, found her body. She had been stabbed to death.

"I'm shocked. She's such a nice little girl, her parents are nice. I don't know what happened," neighbor Barbara Jacobs said.
Thread about her on a forum she visited
Her MySpace
Her Xanga archives

A pic of her:


Pretty old I know, but still worth a read. Very tragic and shocking stuff...




Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

Last edited by Arreat; 08-05-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Arreat is offline   you may:
Old 08-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
jon_hill987
Senior Member
 
jon_hill987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gloucester (UK)
Posts: 1,989
Current Game: BRINK
Forum Veteran 
The MySpace has been deleted now.

I really don't know what to say...






jon_hill987 is offline   you may:
Old 08-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Unhappy

I think this is more of a Senate thread, but I don't know.

This is tragic - no other word for it. A really pretty, apparently really nice young girl with the whole life ahead of her doing something like this to an innocent woman?

Holy ****.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 08-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
narfblat
Forumite
 
narfblat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere else.
Posts: 693
Whoa, this is some crazy stuff. I hope nobody here is ever that messed up.

Edit: by the way, did you fix the news story link? It hadn't worked the first time I tried it.(I was even going to post a fixed link)


I support "No Child Left Standing"

I have Attention Surplus Disorder.
narfblat is offline   you may:
Old 08-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #5
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Unhappy

Quote:
Whoa, this is some crazy stuff. I hope nobody here is ever that messed up.
Me too. And I hope no one gets murdered, for that matter.

I actually feel really sorry for this girl. When I was hospitalized three years ago I met a teen boy, less than 18 years old, who had tried to hang this guy from a fire ladder because he owed him money. Thing is, I got to know him and he was just a normal, regular kid. You'd never know he'd tried to kill someone.

That being said, do I want people who attempt to or commit murder behind bars rather than back on the street? You're damned right I do.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 08-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #6
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today
 
Black Knight of Keno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 3,908
Roleplayer 
Oh hurrah! Another goddamn emo case...

It's a tragedy, yes, but it's so pathetic how kids nowadays all seem to be emo or something. Please, make it stop


"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may:
Old 08-05-2006, 07:11 PM   #7
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I can't help laughing at the fact that she posted about it in her LiveJournal/Xanga/MySpace blog.



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may:
Old 08-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #8
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Quote:
I can't help laughing at the fact that she posted about it in her LiveJournal/Xanga/MySpace blog.
And I find it tragic she considers it something to put on her blog. Meh.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 08-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #9
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness
 
ET Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Evil League of Evil
Posts: 9,405
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I left this thread in the swamp against my better judgement because I thought perhaps you lot were mature enough to discuss something as serious as this.

I was quite clearly mistaken. I seem to have forgotten that after I sent this to the Senate I wouldn't be able to edit the rest of the posts, so I guess it's on Skinwalker now.



ET Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 08-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #10
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Thanks, ET.

Anyways, this guy I met at the psychiatric hospital had that same attitude as I gather the girl had (I didn't find anything written by her after she killed her mom): No regret. Come to think of it, neither did the guy who killed a friend of a forummer here.

We asked him if he didn't think it was wrong to kill someone. He said, "but I'd have gotten my money then!"
This tech told him he'd have gone to jail for life, and again he said, incredously, "but I'd have gotten my money then!".

You have to have a pretty disturbed mind to think that way. I can understand it if you killed a rapist or murderer or something, but a person who owed you money? No, I just don't get it. But then again, I hope my mind stays sane so I never get it.

But again.. God, look at that picture of her (which should probably be taken down, even though none of us know her and she put it up herself). Just a regular, cute 16-year old. I keep finding myself looking into her eyes.

If only all murderers and murderers-to-be looked evil or wore Scream suits or something so we could recognize them on sight. The world would be so much safer...

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 01:12 AM   #11
Father Torque
Retro KFC
 
Father Torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Mercer Island,WA
Posts: 1,341
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Warrior
I left this thread in the swamp against my better judgement because I thought perhaps you lot were mature enough to discuss something as serious as this.

I was quite clearly mistaken. I seem to have forgotten that after I sent this to the Senate I wouldn't be able to edit the rest of the posts, so I guess it's on Skinwalker now.
Get over yourself ET. You seem like you are a cool guy and all and I respect you, but this post is just rediculous. This isn't a serious discussion. The girl, who we don't know, killed her mom, end of story. This doesn't require mature dialogue, just the accpetance (hopefully) that this girl is messed up and needs to serve time.

Hope I didn't take the intention of your post wrong.

Father Torque is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 02:51 AM   #12
Feanaro
Junior Member
 
Feanaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Batcave
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Torque
Get over yourself ET. You seem like you are a cool guy and all and I respect you, but this post is just rediculous. This isn't a serious discussion. The girl, who we don't know, killed her mom, end of story. This doesn't require mature dialogue, just the accpetance (hopefully) that this girl is messed up and needs to serve time.

Hope I didn't take the intention of your post wrong.
They're taking the opportunity to rip on emos and say nothing but awful things about her.(granted she should be punished to the fullest extent, but I feel sorry for her because she seems to have some serious issues) What is mature about spouting hate for a certain group of people? What is mature about this Quote?
Quote:
Well I killed my mom today, oh noes I gots blood on my Fagout boy t-shirt!
Something awful happens and instead of saying how awful that is, they take the opportunity to poke fun. There is nothing to laugh about. Nothing. A mother was killed by her daughter, what makes you think that it doesn't require serious dialog?

I know only a handful of emo kids, and not one of them would ever hurt a fly and are nothing of what these twats think they are. So many people on this forum just make fun of people and talk about about certain groups like they really know them. I admit, I was that way too. But you grow and learn and they seriously need to grow up.[/rant]


Feanaro is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 03:09 AM   #13
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness
 
ET Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Evil League of Evil
Posts: 9,405
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Torque
Get over yourself ET.
Yes, this is all about myself. It has nothing to do with the fact that this is a topic dealing with a SIXTEEN YEAR OLD girl who was SO mentally deranged that she was able to kill her own MOTHER and still post about it in an internet blog like nothing.

Never mind the fact that it deals with a woman whose life was brutally ended by her own child, but we're talking about a KID whose life was so messed up and her perception of reality was so skewed she could actually do something like that.

This is a tragedy on any front. Nobody here knows what it's like to actually have that kind of mental disorder, and it was treated like it was some kind of joke. It's nothing about this girl being "emo".

I was SHOCKED at the responses I read in this thread.

edit- and there are probably a few responses you didn't even get to read, they were so awful I deleted them before I even moved the thread.



ET Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 05:41 AM   #14
CapNColostomy
Custom User Title
 
CapNColostomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Across your face.
Posts: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Warrior
Yes, this is all about myself. It has nothing to do with the fact that this is a topic dealing with a SIXTEEN YEAR OLD girl who was SO mentally deranged that she was able to kill her own MOTHER and still post about it in an internet blog like nothing.

Never mind the fact that it deals with a woman whose life was brutally ended by her own child, but we're talking about a KID whose life was so messed up and her perception of reality was so skewed she could actually do something like that.

This is a tragedy on any front. Nobody here knows what it's like to actually have that kind of mental disorder, and it was treated like it was some kind of joke. It's nothing about this girl being "emo".

I was SHOCKED at the responses I read in this thread.

edit- and there are probably a few responses you didn't even get to read, they were so awful I deleted them before I even moved the thread.
Sooo...what sort of response were you looking for? Of course people made off colored comments. This sort of thing happens everyday, but usually people aren't stupid enough to try and make themselves look cool on myspace or other such sites by bragging about it afterwords. I'd say the responses the topic garnered were fitting, and certainly showed no sign of immaturity. Full of levity? Sure. Worthy of being chastised? Nah. But I guess that's why you're a moderator and I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanaro
They're taking the opportunity to rip on emos and say nothing but awful things about her.(granted she should be punished to the fullest extent, but I feel sorry for her because she seems to have some serious issues) What is mature about spouting hate for a certain group of people? What is mature about this Quote?
Well what sort of comments should people be making? Congratulatory ones? Sympathetic ones? **** her, and anyone that feels sorry for her. I hope she has that knife crammed in her ass right before she burns. PS. Piss on "emos". Oh no! People are saying bad things about a cold blooded murderer. What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanaro
Something awful happens and instead of saying how awful that is, they take the opportunity to poke fun. There is nothing to laugh about. Nothing. A mother was killed by her daughter, what makes you think that it doesn't require serious dialog?
Well wouldn't saying how aweful it is be a bit redundant? Obviously unless you're as ****ed in the head as this kid is, you'd find this aweful. However, if you can't see the humor in someone being dumb enough to promote something as perverse as this on a website, then...well I just don't know. I think it's defiantely ****ed up, yeah, but I see nothing wrong with finding humor in the folly of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanaro
I know only a handful of emo kids, and not one of them would ever hurt a fly and are nothing of what these twats think they are. So many people on this forum just make fun of people and talk about about certain groups like they really know them. I admit, I was that way too. But you grow and learn and they seriously need to grow up.[/rant]
How do you go from one breath taking the high ground on maturity, to calling people twats with the next? And what does making fun of "certain groups" have to do with the price of tea in China? You think people only said what they said because they thought she was emo? If she were ****ing into classical, or "Gangsta Rap" a whole new set of jokes might have been told, sure, but it would still be mockery. Twat indeed. The reason any fun was made, as far as I could tell was because she was a complete ****ing ninny. "Look at my page on myspace guys! I like totally hate my mom!" Dumb ****s abound.


CapNColostomy is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #15
St. Jimmy
Registered User
 
St. Jimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Streets of shame
Posts: 1,461
Everything about this is just sad...




The following tale of alien encounter is true and by true, I mean false. Its all lies. But they're entertaining lies, and in the end isn't that the real truth? The answer is no.
St. Jimmy is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 12:22 PM   #16
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Quote:
I'd say the responses the topic garnered were fitting, and certainly showed no sign of immaturity.
I beg to differ, and I'm with ET all the way. There are certain things you don't joke about. Yes, I'm taking the moral high ground by saying so, but I like the view from up there.

Quote:
**** her, and anyone that feels sorry for her.
Thank you (no offense taken, though, I know how you feel. It is a horrific thing to do).

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #17
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...
 
Spider AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Help, help, I'm stapled to my workstation.
Posts: 2,162
Quote:
Well what sort of comments should people be making? Congratulatory ones? Sympathetic ones? **** her, and anyone that feels sorry for her. I hope she has that knife crammed in her ass right before she burns. PS. Piss on "emos". Oh no! People are saying bad things about a cold blooded murderer. What to do?
Hmm. I believe that a mature person would be making comments about her psychological state. Perhaps a mature person would be making an effort to understand the psychology of such a person, so that they could recognise it in others... perhaps in friends or relatives.

A mature person would not be saying "Piss on emos". Because saying "piss on emos", as you did, would be immaturely lashing out at an entire fashion group, an entire social strata, for the actions of one deranged individual. If the girl was German, no doubt you would be typing things like "piss on germans". If you don't see anything wrong in saying such things, perhaps you need to engage in some self-analysis.

I have met foolish and self-absorbed gothy/emo types, and intelligent, pleasant gothy/emo types. Just as I have met honourable Germans, and rather silly immature Germans.

Quote:
Well wouldn't saying how aweful it is be a bit redundant? Obviously unless you're as ****ed in the head as this kid is, you'd find this aweful. However, if you can't see the humor in someone being dumb enough to promote something as perverse as this on a website, then...well I just don't know. I think it's defiantely ****ed up, yeah, but I see nothing wrong with finding humor in the folly of it.
This is the only correct thing you typed in your post. There is indeed a place for humour in the face of tragedy. Without humour and satire, we would turn into a bunch of hand-wringing old women, unable to maintain our morale or do anything constructive in life.

However, humour is one thing, but making abusive blanket statements about a large group of people is not humour, it's foolish.

Quote:
How do you go from one breath taking the high ground on maturity, to calling people twats with the next? And what does making fun of "certain groups" have to do with the price of tea in China? You think people only said what they said because they thought she was emo? If she were ****ing into classical, or "Gangsta Rap" a whole new set of jokes might have been told, sure, but it would still be mockery. Twat indeed. The reason any fun was made, as far as I could tell was because she was a complete ****ing ninny. "Look at my page on myspace guys! I like totally hate my mom!" Dumb ****s abound.
I believe Feanaro was making the (quite correct) point that the comments made above were not directed at this murderess. They were comments like "f**k all emos!!!1". Now that doesn't insult or lampoon this murdering girl, it merely insults all those who dress like her. Or all those who listen to the same music. You can't excuse that by any moral means.

And frankly, your attitude... It's juvenile. You swear and bluster. Be cool. Be logical.


[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #18
Father Torque
Retro KFC
 
Father Torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Mercer Island,WA
Posts: 1,341
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider AL
Hmm. I believe that a mature person would be making comments about her psychological state. Perhaps a mature person would be making an effort to understand the psychology of such a person, so that they could recognise it in others... perhaps in friends or relatives.
Let's be honest, trying to understand the psychology of this girl based on quotes from other people debating here and our sub-standard speculations will not help anyone. Let's have the people who are trained psycho-analyze her and then discuss the results. That would be the mature thing to do. As of right now all we really know is that a "nice and friendly" girl killed her mom. We know she most likely has problems but we don't know what kinds.

And I think all of us need to stop pretending that we realy care about "maturity" in this debate. We are just using it to try to make the people we disagree with have an obsolete point. If you really cared about being mature you wouldn't post a response to this thread because it's immature in the first place to speculate about other peoples private affairs.

Father Torque is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #19
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Quote:
And I think all of us need to stop pretending that we realy care about "maturity" in this debate. We are just using it to try to make the people we disagree with have an obsolete point. If you really cared about being mature you wouldn't post a response to this thread because it's immature in the first place to speculate about other peoples private affairs.
Here I disagree. I think you know very well that me and ET Warrior care about maturity. We may be "specualting about other people's private affairs", but we're not posting ridiculous statements about her choice of wearing panties instead of boxer shorts, her father's passion for NASCAR racing, or her aunt's love of pornography. I believe it's not immature to talk seriously about homicide, even if it took place inside a family's house.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #20
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...
 
Spider AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Help, help, I'm stapled to my workstation.
Posts: 2,162
Quote:
Let's be honest, trying to understand the psychology of this girl based on quotes from other people debating here and our sub-standard speculations will not help anyone. Let's have the people who are trained psycho-analyze her and then discuss the results.
By that logic, we should not discuss politics because we are not political analysts, we should not discuss science because we are not professional scientists, etcetera etcetera. Personally I've found several of the insights in the posts of Dagobahn Eagle rather enlightening already. He's not Freud, and he doesn't have to be. He has something to say on the topic. I want to read what people have to say on the topic.

Quote:
And I think all of us need to stop pretending that we realy care about "maturity" in this debate. We are just using it to try to make the people we disagree with have an obsolete point. If you really cared about being mature you wouldn't post a response to this thread because it's immature in the first place to speculate about other peoples private affairs.
That's nonsense. This is a news story. It's in the public domain, and to discuss it is not immature. You've completely missed the point IMO.


[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #21
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Crazy girl gets grounded, kills her mom, is dumb enough/such an attention whore that she posts about it in several of her blogs, she goes to jail. What's to analyze?



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #22
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today
 
Black Knight of Keno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 3,908
Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider AL
That's nonsense. This is a news story. It's in the public domain, and to discuss it is not immature. You've completely missed the point IMO.
But is not "news" just a shorter version of "speculate about other peoples private affairs"
It's the whole point of haing news! People want to know about other people and then talk crap about them behind their backs. That's how humans are. And don't try to deny it. IMHO, you have missed the point by far


"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 04:17 PM   #23
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Why the **** is she automatically crazy for killing her mother? Perhaps she's just a callous little bitch.

I'll never understand why people always have to cling to the hope that someone is simply crazy and it's not their own doing.

Lock her up, keep her locked up.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #24
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Sith
Why the **** is she automatically crazy for killing her mother? Perhaps she's just a callous little bitch.

I'll never understand why people always have to cling to the hope that someone is simply crazy and it's not their own doing.

Lock her up, keep her locked up.
She just looks crazy to me. Not necessarily crazy in the eyes of the law, but I don't think she's playing with a full deck.



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 04:43 PM   #25
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
0.o

i'm abit undecided as to what to think.


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may:
Old 08-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #26
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Al
Personally I've found several of the insights in the posts of Dagobahn Eagle rather enlightening already.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Al
He's not Freud, and he doesn't have to be.
Nor does he want to be, considering the exceedingly high suicide rates of Mr./Dr.(?) Freud's victims patients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Tepe
But is not "news" just a shorter version of "speculate about other peoples private affairs"? It's the whole point of haing news! People want to know about other people and then talk crap about them behind their backs. That's how humans are. And don't try to deny it. IMHO, you have missed the point by far
But there's a difference between tabloid news ("Tom Cruise has a new girlfriend! OMG!") and important news such as these (a homicide).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Sith
Why the **** is she automatically crazy for killing her mother? Perhaps she's just a callous little bitch. I'll never understand why people always have to cling to the hope that someone is simply crazy and it's not their own doing.
I just always thought you had to be crazy to kill someone. But then again, you don't have to be crazy to kill yourself, or crazy to kill someone in war (note that I'm not suggesting that killing an Iraqi soldier in Operation Desert Storm to free Kuwait is the same as murdering your mom).

I guess it's just that I never thought of it that way (call it ignorance) rather than that I was "clinging to the hope".


Last edited by Dagobahn Eagle; 08-06-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 08-07-2006, 03:45 AM   #27
Good Sir Knight
Junior Member
 
Good Sir Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
Posts: 285
What a downer Debby.
Good Sir Knight is offline   you may:
Old 08-07-2006, 06:40 AM   #28
CapNColostomy
Custom User Title
 
CapNColostomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Across your face.
Posts: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider AL
Hmm. I believe that a mature person would be making comments about her psychological state. Perhaps a mature person would be making an effort to understand the psychology of such a person, so that they could recognise it in others... perhaps in friends or relatives.
Really? So if we just tried to understand what led this idiot to do what she did, we could suddenly stop cold blooded murder in its tracks? Or at least be more tolerant and/or understanding of it? But only if we are mature and understanding, of course. Huzzah! Then and only then, would anyone be fit to comment on it, according to your infinite wisdom, yes? What makes you think your commentary is any more mature than anyone else's on the subject? Because it's YOUR commentary? Please. Why would it be any more mature to try and "understand" the act of murder than to condemn it or mock it, especially under these circumstances? Please stop trying to make your opinion synonomous with fact. I'll do the same. Thanks. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider AL
A mature person would not be saying "Piss on emos". Because saying "piss on emos", as you did, would be immaturely lashing out at an entire fashion group, an entire social strata, for the actions of one deranged individual. If the girl was German, no doubt you would be typing things like "piss on germans". If you don't see anything wrong in saying such things, perhaps you need to engage in some self-analysis.
Well if this young lady were instead a fan of "gangsta rap" music, and she shot up a whole house full of people in a drive-by-shooting, and I said "piss on "gangstas" no one would type/utter a word of argument. But you know some whiny (the definition of emo, btw) people personally, and that makes you an expert on what my opinion should be, so I'm the devil...Whatever, slick. It's also my fault you'd confuse a tongue in cheek comment with "I HATE GERMANS!" I reckon.

Is it more troubling to you that people noticed that she was "emo" or that it was commented upon? Either way=suck. My advice is, if you don't want to be talked about, don't give anyone anything to talk about. She was emo. Of course it's going to be mentioned. Don't be an idiot.

And so what if I did lash out at "an entire fashion group (which is laughable all by itself...I lashed out at a fashion group! OhnOesz!)? That's hardly comparable to being born in a country of which you have no choosing, and being mocked because of that. People aren't born emo. People, however, are born German. Nice try at an analogy. But an ultimate FAIL, still. But yeah, "no doubt" I'd say "piss on Germans". Doh.

PS. I hate No Doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider AL
I have met foolish and self-absorbed gothy/emo types, and intelligent, pleasant gothy/emo types. Just as I have met honourable Germans, and rather silly immature Germans.
Good for you. I'm not sure what that has to do with price of tea in China, but yay team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider AL
This is the only correct thing you typed in your post. There is indeed a place for humour in the face of tragedy. Without humour and satire, we would turn into a bunch of hand-wringing old women, unable to maintain our morale or do anything constructive in life.
You seem to have the idea that your ideas mean something to anyone other than you. They don't. Your opinion is yours. Mine is my own. Neither can possibly be "correct" or incorrect. We can disagree, and not be right or wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider AL
However, humour is one thing, but making abusive blanket statements about a large group of people is not humour, it's foolish.
This is The Senate. I'm sure I've seen you mock Americans and people of various religions on numerous occasions. If I'm wrong, dandy. Otherwise, please climb down from that fruity horse of yours. Also, please go ahead and take that second 'u' out of humor like the rest of the civilized world. Yeah, we get it, you all came up with the language. Whoopdeedoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider AL
I believe Feanaro was making the (quite correct) point that the comments made above were not directed at this murderess. They were comments like "f**k all emos!!!1". Now that doesn't insult or lampoon this murdering girl, it merely insults all those who dress like her. Or all those who listen to the same music. You can't excuse that by any moral means.
"quite correct" you say, once again, as if there's a right and a wrong here. Like you've proven anything, or somehow won. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with making light of this horrible situation, or mocking the social group the individual in question was invlolved with. What, you like emo people/music/clothes etc...so anyone who talks down on it is incorrect? *farts*

If you somehow equate talking bad about emo with racism, pissing on people because of where they were born, etc..."perhaps you need to engage in some self-analysis."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider AL
And frankly, your attitude... It's juvenile. You swear and bluster. Be cool. Be logical.
Well sir, if you want to make the argument personal, which I have not done until now (speaking of immature), I think you are snooty, sanctimonious, and kind of a well, I'm really making an effort not to swear in this post, so I'll leave it at that. You know, cool. Logical.

D*c*h*a*.



Last edited by CapNColostomy; 08-07-2006 at 07:13 AM.
CapNColostomy is offline   you may:
Old 08-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #29
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Quote:
Really? So if we just tried to understand what led this idiot to do what she did, we could suddenly stop cold blooded murder in its tracks?
Maybe we could stop a few of them, yes.

Quote:
Or at least be more tolerant and/or understanding of it? But only if we are mature and understanding, of course. Huzzah!
Understanding, yes. Understanding something never hurts. I don't recall anyone preaching "tolerance to murder", though.

Quote:
Then and only then, would anyone be fit to comment on it, according to your infinite wisdom, yes?
No. He said "perhaps".

Quote:
What makes you think your commentary is any more mature than anyone else's on the subject?
Well, for starters, he put thought into it instead of making it a silly joke or an attack on emos in general. Second off, he was serious.

Quote:
Well if this young lady were instead a fan of "gangsta rap" music, and she shot up a whole house full of people in a drive-by-shooting, and I said "piss on "gangstas" no one would type/utter a word of argument.
I know I would. And I don't see why you changed the analogy from "single homicide" to "shooting up a whole house"?

Quote:
You seem to have the idea that your ideas mean something to anyone other than you.
They do.

Quote:
This is The Senate. I'm sure I've seen you mock Americans and people of various religions on numerous occasions.
Yes, we've made some well-founded arguments against certain groups and political parties, yes. But none of us, as far as I recall, has ever said something like "piss on Americans" or "**** all Christians".

Cap? Grow up.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 08-07-2006, 02:44 PM   #30
CapNColostomy
Custom User Title
 
CapNColostomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Across your face.
Posts: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobahn Eagle
No. He said "perhaps".
No. He implied that mocking emo people at large was somehow wrong, because of one girls actions, and anything other than his opinion was immature. "Perhaps" is beside the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobahn Eagle
Well, for starters, he put thought into it instead of making it a silly joke or an attack on emos in general. Second off, he was serious.
Making his opinion more valid how? Right then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobahn Eagle
And I don't see why you changed the analogy from "single homicide" to "shooting up a whole house"?
Oh, I guess when I said that, I was following the logic that being emo was in some way similar to being German. You're right, that is stupid. At least my analogy had similar things though. You're splitting hairs. It doesn't matter how many people are killed in the analogy. Change it from "house full" to one. The point remains the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobahn Eagle
They do.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobahn Eagle
Yes, we've made some well-founded arguments against certain groups and political parties, yes. But none of us, as far as I recall, has ever said something like "piss on Americans" or "**** all Christians".
Really? Aren't you yourself "Boycotting Israel"? You are aware that Israel is a country, and that not everyone there is in disagreement with your opinion on the war going on there, right? Seems pretty blanketed to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobahn Eagle
Cap? Grow up.
In other words you have nothing intelligent to add. Not being in agreement with you people isn't the same as not being mature, or not being an adult, dumbass. In the future, if you feel the need to try and insult me on a personal level, send a PM if you'd like. In closing, I still say there is nothing wrong with mocking emo people, or any people for that matter. The fact is, she murdered someone, and then was stupid enough to make blog entries on it. Secondary to that, she was "emo" or whatever. It doesn't really make any difference what social group she falls into. She's subject to ridicule just on the grounds of being a dumbass. Saying dumbass is okay, but don't say dumbass emos? Come the hell on.


CapNColostomy is offline   you may:
Old 08-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #31
Good Sir Knight
Junior Member
 
Good Sir Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobahn Eagle
Cap? Grow up.
My entire post would have been deleted for that one, not just the offending remark.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CapNColostomy
Really? Aren't you yourself "Boycotting Israel"? You are aware that Israel is a country, and that not everyone there is in disagreement with your opinion on the war going on there, right? Seems pretty blanketed to me.
Eagle was also very openminded regarding the Genocide thread. Ya know..the thread that asked people whether the final solution was a just cause.

Last edited by Good Sir Knight; 08-07-2006 at 03:08 PM.
Good Sir Knight is offline   you may:
Old 08-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #32
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Wah, they made some comments about emo people.

Who gives a ****, get back on topic and stop whining like little PC elitists.

Damn.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may:
Old 08-07-2006, 09:26 PM   #33
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Heh, all right, all right. Skin's probably wipe the whole mess out anyhow.

PS: Don't pick your avatar while affected by cocaine.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 08-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #34
Good Sir Knight
Junior Member
 
Good Sir Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Sith
Who gives a ****, get back on topic and stop whining like little PC elitists.
Damn.
I wonder if Skin Walker will apply the same standards of moderation to Sith's posting.

If he wasn't a moderator it would be construed as flamebait at best.

Oh and for your information Mr. Sith, I hate the PC culture as much or more than you do. That doesn't mean that I won't fight intolerance though.

As for the subject of this thread? Crazy people will do crazy things, emo or not.
Good Sir Knight is offline   you may:
Old 08-08-2006, 12:03 AM   #35
CapNColostomy
Custom User Title
 
CapNColostomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Across your face.
Posts: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Sir Knight
That doesn't mean that I won't fight intolerance though.
Werd, brother. Fight the power. Or wise up and realize that while this a public forum, it is also privately owned. The mods here, to an extent, can do whatever they see fit to do as far as censoring posts, like Skinwalker already explained to you. This is not a democracy. I've had posts here edited/deleted. Was it because Skinwalker's a dick and doesn't like me? Maybe. Was it because I violated forum rules? Definately. Instead of using every thread to complain about being censored, censor yourself before you post. Or realize (like myself) that posting here with inflamatory remarks might result in losing a post or two.

You know, not to brown-nose or anything, but I think Skinwalker really does a great job modding this forum. Some mods or supermods would probably use inflamatory posts as an excuse to ban a member. Skinwalker just gets rid of/ edits them. Like I said, he's done it to me too, and at the moment it kinda pissed me off. But after thinking about the alternative (being banned from an online community I thoroughly enjoy visiting and taking part in), I decided being censored here and there wasn't so bad afterall. Just something to think about.


CapNColostomy is offline   you may:
Old 08-08-2006, 12:49 AM   #36
Good Sir Knight
Junior Member
 
Good Sir Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
Posts: 285
Well that's quite a statement, not only do you confirm that censorship is rampant here but you claim to be bullied into enjoying it.

By the way, how was that little bit addressing the topic of this thread?
Good Sir Knight is offline   you may:
Old 08-08-2006, 12:50 AM   #37
Agen
The Spoon Guy
 
Agen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: A house
Posts: 5,216
I still object to the fact that interesting threads are moved from Yoda's Swamp to Senate purely because they have a solemn nature.
Agen is offline   you may:
Old 08-08-2006, 01:33 AM   #38
CapNColostomy
Custom User Title
 
CapNColostomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Across your face.
Posts: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Sir Knight
Well that's quite a statement, not only do you confirm that censorship is rampant here but you claim to be bullied into enjoying it.
No. I never said I was bullied at all, or that I enjoyed being censored. I said that being censored for VIOLATING FORUM RULES is better than the alternative, being banned. Scroll up and you can easily see what I said. Also, I wouldn't go so far as to say censorship is "rampant". But even if it were (it's not), what of it? It's their site! When I tell my children not to cuss, or talk back to me, is that censorship? I suppose so. But is it my right to do so, considering I pay for everything they have? You're gawd-damned right it is.

Before you try and say I'm calling you a child, or the staff your parents, let me clarify that I'm not. What I AM saying is you don't have the right at all, to run your head in somebody else's house. Once again, this is NOT A DEMOCRACY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Sir Knight
By the way, how was that little bit addressing the topic of this thread?
Well, considering you've made several efforts to change the topic, I thought I'd address you. How can you blame me for your changing of the topic? I thought I'd offer you some insight on how things work around here. You obviously have things all worked out, and are getting along just fine. Huzzah.


CapNColostomy is offline   you may:
Old 08-08-2006, 01:38 AM   #39
Good Sir Knight
Junior Member
 
Good Sir Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US
Posts: 285
Ya know I think you're just being cranky, I've never even really seen you on here and you flip out.

This must be serious business to you.
Good Sir Knight is offline   you may:
Old 08-08-2006, 01:46 AM   #40
CapNColostomy
Custom User Title
 
CapNColostomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Across your face.
Posts: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Sir Knight
Ya know I think you're just being cranky, I've never even really seen you on here and you flip out.
Really? I thought I was being pretty mild by comparrison to my usual mode. At what point did I seem to be flipping out to you? I was honestly trying to be helpful and cool to you. Take it how you want, I reckon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Sir Knight
This must be serious business to you.
No. But look who's talking.


CapNColostomy is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > 16 year old girl kills mother, posts about it on blogs and forums

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.