lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: When should K3 start
after K2 92 91.09%
Between K1 and K2 3 2.97%
Befor K1 5 4.95%
Dont care 1 0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: When do u think K3 should start
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-06-2006, 01:19 AM   #1
Snake55
Rookie

When do u think K3 should start

i think it should start befor the end of K2 but not to long befor the end

what do u think

Obediance and Loyalty are not the same
Snake55 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 01:49 AM   #2
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
A sequel means it follows something. If KotOR III were to happen at any point other than after KotOR II, it wouldn't be a sequel, and therefore shouldn't be KotOR III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 01:58 AM   #3
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Befor is spelt Before. Anyway, it should be after TSL, because we need to find out what happens to the Exile and co.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 02:47 AM   #4
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
ASAP.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 03:28 AM   #5
FiEND_138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
A sequel means it follows something. If KotOR III were to happen at any point other than after KotOR II, it wouldn't be a sequel, and therefore shouldn't be KotOR III.
Nailed it.

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 05:06 AM   #6
reven0123
Rookie

i want it to be set after k2 otherwise it wouldnt be a sequal it would be a prequal
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 05:26 AM   #7
Aurora Merlow

No question after K2. It would be just plain stupid if it was set before
Aurora Merlow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 06:46 AM   #8
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
I agree with all people here. After KotOR II

The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 07:11 AM   #9
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
If this thread was how many years pass from K2 to K3, it would be better. Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Quote:
Nailed it.
QFE.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 09:32 AM   #10
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

After K2, have two options that come in mind. Nearly right after that the exile leave, so you can stop the true sith before they are a threat to the republic. Or some years after, and the war against the "True sith" have started
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #11
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Long after K2.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 10:14 AM   #12
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutmeister
ASAP.

Thank you for your cooperation.

After TSL. Long enough for some of the Order to get rebuilt a bit so that there are a few masters to chat with. I don't want to feel like I'm the only Jedi in the galaxy, either.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 12:01 PM   #13
khawk
Rookie

The only other option then the one mentioned "After Kotor II" is that it starts during the time of Kotor II and end a year or more after Kotor II. How about that?
khawk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #14
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

After KII, but I wouldn't mind if it was two to three years after the events on Malachor V.
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #15
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Definitely after TSL. We have the KotOR comics to see what happened before KotOR I

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 01:04 PM   #16
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
5-10 years after TSL would be nice, but not taking 5-10 years to make would be nicer.

Last edited by mimartin; 09-06-2006 at 04:12 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #17
Temp3rMental
Rookie

A year after TSL (or right after the end), or after the 'true sith war'. I wouldn't mind either of them.
Temp3rMental is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #18
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I think it should start a few months after The Sith Lords, when the Jedi Order is slowly being rebuilt by the Exile's party members.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 08:03 PM   #19
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
A more appropriate poll would be "when should k3 be released?" That way we could discuss impatience for release over quality of gameplay.

Back on subject...
It would be stupid to do anything other than after k2, what with all this hinting about the True Sith, we wanna fight em!

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 05:37 AM   #20
kookaburra
Rookie

Location: If You Combine This Young Jedi And A Certian *Male* Sith Lord You Are More Likely To Get...Babies!
Hot Topic Starter 
KotOR III should start right after KotOR II of course. It will excuse the crap cliff hanger in K2 then.

If You Are A True KotOR Fan,
Please Join My Non-Profit KotOR
Forum here.
kookaburra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #21
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
The answer to this question is obvious - it has to start after K2.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #22
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Shortly after K2.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #23
Hann_Starr
Rookie

It should be 3-5 yrs after TSL to put enough space between the last and the latest stories. This will give the characters from the Sith Lords time to grow into their roles in the New Jedi Order and give a more in depth backstory to you, your party members and the universe (specifically how it unfolded to the point where your assistance to save it or your passion to conquer it is necessary).

First there was darkness...then came the strangers
Hann_Starr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 11:22 PM   #24
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Anywhere between two months and two years after TSL, and more than a year might be pushing it. One year passes between "Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi". The timeline between KotOR2 and KotOR3 would seem to be even shorter, since the major characters do not need to grow much (as Luke did) in time for the next "episode".

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2006, 04:12 AM   #25
playloud
Rookie

I would want it to take place after TSL. I would say within 5 years. In order to keep some cheese out of the story, it may be necessary to let a few years go by before picking up the story again. If you start out right after The Exile leaves, what possible story can you have that won't be you going off any looking for The Exile or Revan. I would imagine the story would have to take place a while later, and there would be things that The Exile and Revan did that you would learn about (but would have happened before). Perhaps they would both be dead by now. I don't know.

playloud is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #26
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
I would actually fancy a large time span between TSL and KotORIII. At least 10 years or more.

I would like the tales of Revan and the Exile to be faint stories in the past as we encounter a new set of plot points and conflicts.
This game will be quite a while before it comes out (if at all), so I don't want to try to go back and re-hash the whole storyline all over again.

I wouldn't mind crossing paths with past characters or engage in a few sub-plots that fill in some of the questions from the first two games, however, this game will need a fresh, new story with remnants from the others, but all new settings, planets and characters.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #27
playloud
Rookie

Exactly.

Old 09-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #28
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
I wouldn't mind a KotOR III that took place about 15 years after KotOR II. I would embrace a new story with slight references to Exile and Revan. Maybe they could cover their conclusion in the Jedi archives or something. It could be time to move onto another Jedi story, which takes place in Jedi antiquty.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #29
playloud
Rookie

Personally, I would want more than a "slight" reference. I would imagine they did something big, and now you have to deal with it.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #30
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Maybe the aftermath to what had occured is what KotOR III would be about. You get to visit the same locations that Revan and Exile took off to. During your travels, you will learn about your part in the story. You never know, they could have placed everything into position, so 'you' the newer pc could take over or save the galaxy.

It maybe revealed that you are one of Revan's teachers, and he/she (Revan) betrayed you in the past. Revan became so powerful that he/she ripped the Force out of you. Except a smal kernal, which will grow durring your travels.

This will allow 15 years to pass. The PC could come out of being unconscious. Having the Force ripped out of you could be an even more tramatic experience, which leaves the Force user in a coma like state. One of your companions could have been searching the galaxy to find you, for they themselves were betrayed by Revan or Exile. You could be an instrument used to conflict revenge on Revan or to save the galaxy. (Sounds kind of like the Kreia story.)

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2006, 08:54 AM   #31
The Architect

I think KotOR III should definately take place after KotOR II and act as a 'trilogy wrapper upper' game which brings closure to the stories of Revan and the Exile.

We should definately play as a new main character in KotOR III, in fact we will be; however the genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile should be for the player to decide, it should not be forced upon the player!

The focus of the plot should be on the 'True Sith', it should answer questions such as...

1. Who are the 'True Sith'? What exactly are the 'True Sith'?
2. How long have they been in the unknown regions for? Why are they in the unknown regions?
3. If the 'True Sith' Empire is so great, then why didn't they attack the Republic/Jedi/Sith/Mandalorians after the Jedi Civil War when they were all in a clearly weak, vulnerable state?
4. If Revan still lives, what has he/she been doing in the unknown regions all of this time? Revan has been gone for four years, he/she has gone to 'fight them (the 'True Sith' in his/her own' way as Kreia puts it) but not even the likes of Revan can take on an entire Empire on their own, so what is Revan doing?
5. If the 'True Sith' were behind the Mandalorian Wars then how/when did they get the Mandalorians to launch an assault upon the Old Republic?
6. What did Revan discover in the unknown regions? How did Revan find out about the 'True Sith'? Who else apart from Revan, the Exile and Kreia knows/knew about the 'True Sith'?

There are many other unresolved questions like these too but you get the theme. Now as far as when exactly should KotOR III take place, to me it does not matter, it depends on how the devs handle things, as long as these type of questions are answered, then for me, KotOR III could take place anywhere between 3-25 years after KotOR II, that's the way I see it...
The Architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #32
Jediphile
Persona non grata

I'd say anywhere between at least a couple of months to at most a couple of years after TSL. If KotOR3 is going to be to TSL what "Return of the Jedi" was to "Empire Strikes Back" - as I both think and prefer it to be for essentially the same reasons that The Architect has mentioned - then that would seem to be the timeframe for me.

"Return of the Jedi" took place just one year after "Empire Strikes Back", and yet Luke had to grow more powerful in the force and the Empire build a new death star. All you need for KotOR3 is really for the Exile to find his way to the Unknown Regions and meet up with Revan, which could be as lilttle as a month or so.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #33
Sir Palamides
Rookie

Sure Point.
I think we all argee if K3 sets after the end of K2,
The War in the unknown regions, Revan and all those things...

Visas: "A war? This war?"
Mandalore: "No, not this one. Another one, more terrible, against an evil we couldn't begin to comprehend. Revan went off to fight it..."
Sir Palamides is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #34
generalvaklu321
Rookie

It has to be after K2. The buildup in K2 would become completely pointless then. Obsidian set it up so that if there is another KOTOR (i'd say there is a 90% chance there will be), it would have to be after TSL. Now, K4 could be any time, before, way before, or way after the original ones.

It's a trap!
generalvaklu321 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2006, 02:20 PM   #35
Lucied
Rookie

well what if KOTOR 3 becomes a prequel? to explain what revan did to fall to the darkside
Lucied is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2006, 09:32 PM   #36
quiksylver
Lurker

that wouldn't be a bad idea, but they wouldn't just leave the exile's story unfinished like that. Right now it is a cliffhanger and people want to know what happens in the search for revan
quiksylver is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #37
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Actually, K3 can start a few moments BEFORE the final event of K2, perhaps as the prologue.

Then the ending of K2 can be more clearly explained, in another perspective. THEN the real story will start after K2 time.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2006, 07:38 AM   #38
Darth Balor

Quote:
well what if KOTOR 3 becomes a prequel? to explain what revan did to fall to the darkside
You find how that happens K1 and K2 it was Kreia's teachings, the StarForge andTrayus Academy that lead Reven to the darkside.
Darth Balor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2006, 09:00 AM   #39
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
k3 should take place after k2, not much happens b/t k1 and k2, and we already know what happened before k1, so what happens after k2 is really the only vacant space there is.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2006, 10:34 AM   #40
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast

After K2 because it has several billion if not trillion ends to tie up.

Waking up.
HerbieZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > When do u think K3 should start