lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lego Star Wars 2 - your thoughts
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-11-2006, 03:11 AM   #1
DarthMaulUK

Lego Star Wars 2 - your thoughts

I've just played around with the demo and although alot of fun, I had alot of trouble with the camera controls not providing the best view. Also, when entering the cantina, I hit the character change button by mistake and took over one of the trapped droids and couldnt change back.

The droids were held in that beam - although funny to watch, im sttuuuccckkkk!

Neat touches for me - having the AT-ST walk over a Stormtrooper - watch him move when he is stuck! I also laugh every time C3-PO walks...he looks like he needs a trip to the toilet!

DMUK
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
Yeah I have the same camera problem, the camproblem was also present in the first Lego Star Wars which did not enhance the gaming experience. I'll give LSW OT 7/10.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast

My dad played it and managed to mame 3PO every time. I was in stitches i laughed so much.

Waking up.
HerbieZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
I love the humor in this game. When it comes out, I will probally buy it.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
I like it so far. I've only gotten as far as the Cantina. Since, I had the restart it because of a glitch. But, it's quite enjoyable.

Though, I've been having a lot of fun playing as Ben.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2006, 07:57 AM   #6
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
My thoughts ... OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! (In an insanely energetic happy kinda way) Love it! Gonna buy it when it comes out for sure! Can't wait.

The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2006, 08:44 AM   #7
DarkReborn
Rookie

very cool, i like frying people with the emperor, i cant wait to use IG-88 (it's in the game ? i supose yes) my favourite TESB bountyhunter and mix it with other characters, indeed a cool and humorous game

The Empire Will Crush the Patethic Band of rebels!Long Live To the Emperor!
DarkReborn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #8
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

Well I just got finished with the demo, and I have to say my favorite character is Han Solo so far. He sure can blast the hell out of anything! lol. Seriously though his blaster rate is fast.

I think I'll buy the game, it has some great humor and if I dont like it im sure my little brothers will

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #9
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
I, too, havew finished playing the demo. It's quite fun. Though, it was quite easy. I might buy it. I enjoyed more the first.

With Han Solo, he's quite useful when it comes to facing stormtroopers. But, otherwise, I use Ben with everything else.

And with the Cantina level, it took me about 5 minutes to figure out what i had to do to get the droids out of the forcefield thing.

I can't wait to do the levels proceeding what you can play in the demo.

Old 08-13-2006, 02:39 PM   #10
DarkReborn
Rookie

well, with the droids thing i though that i had to do force push with Ben at 3PO and Artooo

The Empire Will Crush the Patethic Band of rebels!Long Live To the Emperor!
DarkReborn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2006, 02:56 PM   #11
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

I actually got stuck for a few minutes on the catina part when you get Han Solo. Took me about 10 minutes to notice the arrows pointing to where to go .

On the part with the droids getting stuck I eventually realized its best to use Luke to blast those force field things to get them free. It was taking me all day to get obi wan to blast them lol.

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #12
KyleOfHarpenden
Rookie

i havent played the demo yet... but read all the reviews i could find but ye i've made my mind up i'm definately gonna buy it it'll just be fun YAY i'm so excited for no reason
KyleOfHarpenden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #13
JoesGuy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK
I've just played around with the demo and although alot of fun, I had alot of trouble with the camera controls not providing the best view. Also, when entering the cantina, I hit the character change button by mistake and took over one of the trapped droids and couldnt change back.

The droids were held in that beam - although funny to watch, im sttuuuccckkkk!

Neat touches for me - having the AT-ST walk over a Stormtrooper - watch him move when he is stuck! I also laugh every time C3-PO walks...he looks like he needs a trip to the toilet!

DMUK
Did you try leaving the cantina?

The Joe's Corp is watching you. Be afraid.

Because I have so much personality, posting quotes by other people in my signature, by which I govern my life by, makes me the equivalent of god.

JoesGuy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2006, 12:14 PM   #14
The Death Star
Rookie

I think that the blaster characters in this game completely win me over rather than lightsabres. I found that the lightsabres were slow and not very powerful, whereas blasters are much more powerful, and the blaster characters were more athletic. I think that this game is going to be a smash hit!
The Death Star is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2006, 12:26 PM   #15
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
The reason for the awkward camera angles (as I'm sure most of you know, but just so somebody says it) Is for the two-player co-op, as an alternative to split-screen, which I personally despise.

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2006, 04:57 PM   #16
grrrrrrrrrr7
Rookie

I'd give this game's demo about a 6 out of 10. I thought some parts of it were really good, others crappy. I might buy it.
grrrrrrrrrr7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #17
Davinq
I wear a fez now

I'm intrigued by your feedback on lightsaber effectiveness Death Star. Is it a noticable difference from the original?

Old 08-20-2006, 03:41 PM   #18
The Death Star
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin Qe-Kora
I'm intrigued by your feedback on lightsaber effectiveness Death Star. Is it a noticable difference from the original?
Yes. Compare Lego Star Wars to the Lego Star Wars II Demo.

LSW: All Lightsabre Characters are super athletic, spinning about and slashing things.
LSWII: Lightsabre Characters are slow, inaccurate and hardly athletic.

LSW: All lightsabre characters have more moves than Blaster characters. Blaster Characters seemed to be underpowered compared to Lightsabre characters, e.g Where Lightsabre characters block blaster bolts, blaster characters cannot.
LSWII: The Tables have been turned! Once Powerful warriors, Lightsabre characters are now underpowered when compared to the blaster characters. The only redeeming feature is that they have cool force moves and can do double jumps. Blaster Characters now dodge blaster bolts then fire again! they leap about and fire rapidly upon landing! much better than the rubbish blocking-with-the-sabre-routine.

there's my views ^^
Old 08-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #19
Joris1
Rookie

I will buy it. The demo was good, but it is a pity that I can't the configuration is bad! I can't change them!

"But the angel said to them: Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.", Lucas 2:10-11
Joris1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2006, 10:11 PM   #20
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Death Star
Yes. Compare Lego Star Wars to the Lego Star Wars II Demo.

LSW: All Lightsabre Characters are super athletic, spinning about and slashing things.

LSW: All lightsabre characters have more moves than Blaster characters. Blaster Characters seemed to be underpowered compared to Lightsabre characters, e.g Where Lightsabre characters block blaster bolts, blaster characters cannot.
LSWII: The Tables have been turned! Once Powerful warriors, Lightsabre characters are now underpowered when compared to the blaster characters. The only redeeming feature is that they have cool force moves and can do double jumps. Blaster Characters now dodge blaster bolts then fire again! they leap about and fire rapidly upon landing! much better than the rubbish blocking-with-the-sabre-routine.

there's my views ^^
Dang, that really sucks. That almost totally undermines the customization part of the game. Almost everyone would want their plc to wield a lightsaber, but since they're now so underpowered... I never would have expected such a change.

Unless that is, they're balancing the playing field for a surprise multiplayer vs. mode to be released? I hope not.

Query: What "special moves unique to each character" are available?

dntab

Old 08-21-2006, 10:16 PM   #21
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
I found the Lightsaber-wielding characters just as athletic and powerful. I like better than the first Lego Star Wars game even though it's just the demo.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:19 PM   #22
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
I like better than the first Lego Star Wars game even though it's just the demo.
Lol what difference does that make?

Old 09-07-2006, 10:42 PM   #23
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Haven't played it yet, honestly. The real thing will be out shortly though, so if I don't get a press copy, I may check it out (unless it's super expensive). Won't have much time to play it though until vacation..

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #24
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Yes, just about 5 days from the release. I think the price of the game will be between $30-$40. I am not completely sure if I am going to purchase it, though I will rent it without a doubt.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #25
Kurgan
Headhunter

Pity the lack of online play, eh?

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 09-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #26
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
Pity the lack of online play, eh?
Haha. I'd prefer not to purchase a game for my PC that I will only play once. So, I only have to pay $5 to play the game rather than $40.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #27
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Well, I justed started playing the game today. I rented yesterday. Though, I sort of want to buy it. I may in the future.

So far, I enjoy it quite a bit. The gameplay is better than the first one so far. The graphics are clear (on the PS2, at least). It's just so addicting for the first while you play it. Though, it sure helps that it is an OT for the newer consoles.

I've played the first three levels. Many becuase I've been collecting coins and bonus pieces for all the levels.

The first level is played on the Tantive IV and you fight against Darth Vader and his boarding party. It's quite an easy level. Very straightforward. Plus tons of coins to collect on it.

After you complete that you go to the Dune Sea on Tatooine. You can play as Ben and Luke. This one is a bit longer and more difficult than the first one. You have to board a sandcrawler and complete some adjectives. And once you complete those you ahve to go defeat some stormies. Then your finished.

Finally, the third levels is the Mos Eisley Spaceport. It is also the same level you play in the demo. It also is a little more difficult if you don't now what your doing, but it's much more action-packed compared the Dune Sea level. You finally face a boss, though he isn't that difficult to best.

The next level is on the Death Star. And you have to go find the princess.

Last edited by Commander Obi-Wan; 09-20-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #28
Kurgan
Headhunter

I see once again LucasArts (thankfully) went back on their promise not to make anymore games based on the Original Trilogy!

Old 09-20-2006, 12:55 PM   #29
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
^

I'm guessing they said that a while ago? I don't remember it.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2006, 03:41 PM   #30
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Never heard of that before. Umm...guess it makes sense.

Alright, I ahve completed the fourth episode of the game and also the fifth, and I am about midway through the Return of the Jedi.

Once you get farther through the game, the missions gradually get more complicated and more advance with means it gets more difficult. But, the levels are more exciting as you "drive" in to the game.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:36 PM   #31
STTCT
Bantha Fodder

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran 
Hey guys!

I think this game is very fun - except that it's frustrating with 2 player. I kept making my husband fall into pits because I was too anxious to move forward in the game before he was ready.

I think it does get an 8 out of 10 if only for Chewbacca wearing a storm trooper helmet the way he does

STTCT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #32
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
I just recently finished the story campiagn. It was definitely a fun game. The last few levels took me some time to master but I eventually did. *celebrates* Though, I'd have to say some annoying mistakes by me extended the time length for me to finished the game. Especially the Endor level.

Overall, I also give the game an 8/10. The gameplay was great, the graphics weren't too bad.

Though, I'd perfer if they'd've made a game for the OT that wasn't for lego, that I could play on the newer consoles.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:46 PM   #33
Davinq
I wear a fez now

^^^

Well that's good news! I might have to add the game to my birthday wishlist after all.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #34
JoesGuy
Rookie

Still haven't managed to get 100%, but I'm working on it. I'm pretty sure I've done/bought everything.

The Joe's Corp is watching you. Be afraid.

Because I have so much personality, posting quotes by other people in my signature, by which I govern my life by, makes me the equivalent of god.

JoesGuy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2006, 07:54 AM   #35
The Death Star
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Death Star

I take these views back. It seems that blaster and Lightsabre characters equally kick butt. I found out a cool lightsabre character move where you leap behind the foe and slash.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #36
ImpElite

A little off-topic but I beat the imperial spy and all the stormies that came with him with my custon jedi character and only lost one heart.

ex-UEAW Mod Team Mapper.

ImpElite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 09:55 PM   #37
JediLandon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodGR
I love the humor in this game. When it comes out, I will probally buy it.
The humor in this game is great

"THE JEDI TURNED AGAINST ME, DON'T YOU TURN AGAINST ME"
JediLandon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > LEGO Star Wars Series > General > Discussion > Lego Star Wars 2 - your thoughts