lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Which main character would you prefer to play as in KOTOR III?
Darth Revan 54 29.51%
The Exile 15 8.20%
Both 45 24.59%
Neither... 69 37.70%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: KOTOR III Characters
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-04-2006, 11:26 PM   #41
Ben_Walker
Smartass

Having the apprentice could be a nice change, how you train him/her could result in how the plot plays out.

As for who I'd have.

I'm not sure who I'd have in my party, as Mira, Atton, Bao-Dur, Visa, Biranna/Mical, would probably be working on reestablishing the Jedi Order while Mandalore and co would be rebuilding the Mandalorians. I could see Carth and Bastila coming with, and if Jolee (his fate was unaccounted for in TSL, or what he did after Malak's death for that matter) survives he could pop up with the droids. I think Juhanni would've gone to Katarr so that would rule her out in my head.

But I'd want new characters, interesting ones, not recycled sterotypes.

Remember the breeze across your face
Remember the swaying sleeves in the wind
Remember the grains of sand beneath your feet
between your toes
Remember the freedom in the never ending waves

Remember I'll be at the beach.

Jedi Academy - Renaissance
Ben_Walker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #42
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
I'm inclined to meet Prime 1/2 way. Never had much use for poor little t3m4. If you play the KOTOR sequel here like the SW trilogy time gaps (20 +/- yrs), having both droids would be like a nostalgic parallel. The only other major characters spanning both were DV, Obi and the Emperor (by this I mean having more than just effectively a cameo in the prequel trilogy--Tarkin, the twins, etc..), so having more than one or three characters from either might be overkill. I like the idea of a new cast of players, but with references to or cameos of several major characters from the previous two. It would also be kind of cool to be able to have more NPCs than slots, such that you could replace through attrition ones you don't like as much. Or, just select the ones you like best. Also, a game that could be played for 50+ hours (w/o cheating) would be prefereable to one that ends too soon.

If you have to ressurect any of the NPCs from KOTOR/TSL then I'd say the following:
HK-47 (and maybe T3M4)
Mandalore and assorted mandalorians from TSL
Jolee
Mira
Revan and Exile as quests (neither gender/alignment preset)
Bastila & Carth (cutscenes)
possibly Vandar or others as "ghosts" for clues
perhaps HK 50+ series of droid to stir up trouble

I think that Sion and Nihilus, like Malak, should be left for dead. I'd like a new set of foes. If the True Sith are to be the enemy sought out by Revan (and Exile?), then the enemies should be fresh. I suppose that if the story is set almost on the heels of TSL, then you could use remaining jedi like Mical/Handmaiden/Atton/Visas etc... as the new council that sends your PC to find out what became of Exile and Revan.
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #43
Darth_Nihl
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf
Never had much use for poor little t3m4.
Neither did I but what is HK without T3? Just HK!

I was wondering about being able to put your own face into the game for the new Rainbow Six Vegas game has the ability for you to add in your face as the player's face model. I think that would be pretty cool...having the main character in KOTOR III look like you?!

My master will not make Palpatine's mistake. All Jedi must die. <Darth Nihl>
Darth_Nihl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2006, 11:43 PM   #44
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I'd love to see as many old (important) characters return as possible, as KotOR III is a sequel, though there'd have to be new ones. All the non-playable Darths have been killed off, after all, and there has to be a new bad guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #45
Nema_Suneimi
Rookie

I think it would great if it were feasible to make two player characters, Revan and the Exile. I'd want the freedom to use either one, anywhere -- but I *would* find it acceptable to choose which of the two gets killed off so you're forced to use only one for the end-game. However, I'm sure it would be very time-consuming to program them both, pretty much making two games in one (everything that can happen to Revan as the main PC, NPC reactions, dialogues, etc., and everything for the Exile). Or even four games, if you're considering gender differences and romance options.

But I'm just going wild with the imagination. Why not.

If I had to choose only one, however, I'd go with continuing the Exile's story, trying to solve the mystery of Revan's fate, and discovering more of the hidden Sith empire. I like having Revan as that "legendary" character, that no one knows where he's gone -- just rode off into the sunset, etc.

For return characters, I'd choose Bastila (couldn't wait any longer not knowing), Atton, HK-47, and T3-M4 (even though I never use him). I would *love* to have more of Carth as a party member, but how's he going to get away from his duties as admiral? I'd enjoy Mandalore, as well, but he's busy with the Mandos so no call for jetting off into the Unknown Regions. I'd be pleased to see Mission again, as well, all grown up, but she's probably on Kashyyk with Zaalbar -- Mission and Zaalbar together forever, right?

Atton: I knew it! That stupid T3 unit stole our ship! It's probably joyriding through the system right now, laughing at us... laughing at *me*.

Atton: And another thing - stop being all noble around her, in your big hero way. She sees right through your little act. She likes honest guys, not guys who run around being unselfish and heroic all the time.

Last edited by Nema_Suneimi; 12-12-2006 at 12:07 AM.
Nema_Suneimi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2006, 09:55 AM   #46
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf
I'm inclined to meet Prime 1/2 way. Never had much use for poor little t3m4.
I found him pretty useful, and I didn't even turn him into the absolute tank that he can be. I like having some NPCs that aren't really combat oriented (like T3 and Mission). It just makes the group seem more rounded overall.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #47
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
I think I basically shunned him due to underdeveloped charachter status. You're correct that he did have his uses. Once you start playing beyond out of the box (ie mods, KSE, etc..), he loses his lustre, for me at least. Didn't use him for a whole helluva lot in TSL either. Too bad he/it couldn't have had a more involved back story like HK47. Used him like a tank on Peragus once I started incorporating mods, though.
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #48
Jediphile
Persona non grata

While T3 was useless in K1, he rocked in TSL. HK-47, on the other hand, was useless in both games, except for the dark humor he provided. I took him along to hear his comments at times, but never used him much for the actual fights. T3, however, was at least useful in TSL.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #49
DARTH_DANZIG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema_Suneimi
I think it would great if it were feasible to make two player characters, Revan and the Exile. I'd want the freedom to use either one, anywhere -- but I *would* find it acceptable to choose which of the two gets killed off so you're forced to use only one for the end-game. However, I'm sure it would be very time-consuming to program them both, pretty much making two games in one (everything that can happen to Revan as the main PC, NPC reactions, dialogues, etc., and everything for the Exile). Or even four games, if you're considering gender differences and romance options.

But I'm just going wild with the imagination. Why not.

If I had to choose only one, however, I'd go with continuing the Exile's story, trying to solve the mystery of Revan's fate, and discovering more of the hidden Sith empire. I like having Revan as that "legendary" character, that no one knows where he's gone -- just rode off into the sunset, etc.

For return characters, I'd choose Bastila (couldn't wait any longer not knowing), Atton, HK-47, and T3-M4 (even though I never use him). I would *love* to have more of Carth as a party member, but how's he going to get away from his duties as admiral? I'd enjoy Mandalore, as well, but he's busy with the Mandos so no call for jetting off into the Unknown Regions. I'd be pleased to see Mission again, as well, all grown up, but she's probably on Kashyyk with Zaalbar -- Mission and Zaalbar together forever, right?

^^^
You for sure have the idea. It is about OPTION. The more material, the more choice. It's not impossible or impractical.
It's outright correct.
More than just cutscenes and whatever for other characters to. All static all open. THen the story simply bends around that kind of free-form fluidity. Very much more simpler that the previous two design methods.

SAMHAIN HAS REACHED THE FORCE!!!
Jedi are going mad, chaos is ensuing everywhere!!! And all this time the masters were still trying to piece together how you get the handle to just stay on the belt! A drunk jedi is always up for a good fight!!!
"Jawa juice?" "No make it a visarian brandy, I'm gonna need to clear my mind after that last mission."
"You know what I always wanted to see? A celebrity death match dual between Palpatine and GG allin"

Please refrain from using foul language in your signature and your posts in general. Thanks.
~LF Staff
DARTH_DANZIG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #50
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Nihl
For new characters maybe a different Twi-Lek (not mission because I think she sucks),
Heh, I'm sure that comment in the Betrayal comics was directed at the large fan base Aayla Secura has (fics, ect). Odds are people would be wanting a similar character. And FYI, IGN have a big crush on Mission, placing her above even Aayla, which given she's only 14 is just a little wrong.

As for other characters, I'd go with pretty much all the previous characters, plus have Revan and Exile. You can say how they looked and what they were like throughout the game (much like how at the beginning a casual comment on Revan being female led to her being, canologically in that game, female) and have the voice actors who played Revan do the voices, even though they didn't say much. I think it was Reno Romano (Luis in Resident Evil) who was male Revan and they can get a voice actor and actress for Revan, maybe a big name like how they had Kelly Hu for Sith Lords.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2006, 08:42 PM   #51
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
For the most part, I'd like to see new characters. T3 and HK can return though...
Ditto

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #52
Clone L68362
Forumite

It's going to be a new character, playing as Revan again would not work.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy being him again though.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2006, 03:24 AM   #53
Canderous_ordo1
Rookie

i think probley a new person but one thing that i have .
heard canderous will be in the game as he was in kotor 1 because some time between kotor 2 and 3 leading on to 4 through 9 i think the main part was he did something dishonable and lost the title mandalor .but the rest is for me to know and you to ponder.
plus there will be anything up to 9 games following the story more
any way mission won't be 14 she'll probley be older but i don't think she will be in the game

IM HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD
Canderous_ordo1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2006, 10:07 AM   #54
Browny11uk
Rookie

I think im mental becuase as ive been reading stuff & people seem to hate Carth & Atton I think they both rule in kotor 1 I used Bastilla & carth through most of the game & the Handmadien & Visas OR Atton. So id love to have these charcters the most.
Browny11uk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2006, 02:26 PM   #55
Darth_Nihl
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderous_ordo1
any way mission won't be 14 she'll probley be older but i don't think she will be in the game
Good point I never thought about that...I guess she would be okay if she were older instead of a stupid kid. Come on everyone knows wookies don't brush their teeth!

I was also thinking about what Nancy Allen`` said...maybe we could have some ancestor of Aayla Secura as a party member instead of Mission?

My master will not make Palpatine's mistake. All Jedi must die. <Darth Nihl>
Darth_Nihl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2006, 03:27 PM   #56
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Nihl
I was also thinking about what Nancy Allen`` said...maybe we could have some ancestor of Aayla Secura as a party member instead of Mission?
I thought that too. I once thought that Mission would some day marry a Senator with the surname of Secura and eventually, their descendant, Aayla would be born. Stupid thought, I know, but I have an imagination. And by KOTOR III, Mission would be about her early twenties.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #57
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Yet another ''K3 characters'' thread.
Since the mods don't mind then neither do I and here's my list:
Revan (as the main character once again)
HK-47 - a must as a party member
T3-M4 - either a cameo at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, or as a party member
Jolee, Bastila, Juhani - NPC's, the heads of the Jedi Council
Handmaiden - NPC, historian of the Jedi Order and a member of the Council
Carth Onasi - Admiral of the Republic, NPC either at the Jedi Temple, or someplace else on Coruscant
G0-T0 - maybe a cameo, a party member only and only if they change his frame from that dumb Imperial Interrogation Droid into something cooler
Mira - a cameo, giving her life to save the people of some planet, like Kreia foretold
Mission - a Republic agent on some smuggler-world. Maybe a party member
Zaalbar - either with Mission, or a cameo as the chieftain of his tribe on Kashyyyk
Canderous - a cameo as the leader of the reunited Mandalorian Army awaiting Revan's order to battle. Maybe as a party member
Darth Nihilus - since there's a chance he survived TSL (according to this), then maybe he could reappear as one of the villains, otherwise, maybe as a Force Ghost

That's about it when it comes to existing KoTOR characters, but I'd also like to see mostly new party members and preferably alien (Iridorian, Ithorian, Chiss, Defel, Togorian...), also some Force Ghosts, like Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, Vandar, Zhar...

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2006, 05:20 AM   #58
kata_mad
Rookie

Personally I would like an all new PC, however I would like to be the apprentice (Jolee would be my prefered choice), I liked the interaction between the exile and Kreia even if I did not like Kreia as a character.

AS for other NPC you have to have the droids otherwise its not KOTOR.

Other old NPC to make cameos as I don't like the fact that old characters join on level 5 and having to build them up again, this is also another reason I prefer being the apprentice as they would be new and still learning.
kata_mad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2006, 02:54 PM   #59
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

NONE.

No Revan, No Exile. They are beyond playable. Playing as them would only reduce their awe in the series, and does little to a good series.

Some previous characters like HK47 and T3M4(maybe even Mandalore) can return. As for the rest of the crews, they can have cameo. And NO, That Mical stinkin puss excuse of a character should never ever exist in any series, kotor or not kotor, other than an off screen description of his demise(give him a reasonable death though, he is a good historian afterall).
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2006, 11:14 PM   #60
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I would prefer it if there was a new character, but otherwise I'd say The Exile, because IMO, the journeys of Revan are best kept a mystery till the last.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2006, 12:49 AM   #61
KotO[REvan]

Helpful! 
You see, what I liked about KotOR II, was that you could get different party members by playing the game in a different way (like being dark, light, male, or female). I have some ideas that are based on this.

The specified characters of my liking:

Atton Rand (companion for female player)
Carth Onasi (companion for female player)

Now, these two will be the ones that fight over 'who loves you the most', and they are only able to join your party if you're female *duh*.

Bastila Shan (companion for male player)
Handmaiden/Brianna (companion for male player)

Same thing as Atton and Carth, only for the opposite gender of your main character.

Canderous (companion for dark side)
Mandalore (companion for light side)

Yes, I know, they're both the same people! I just thought it would be cool if you could see Canderous in a different costume, depending on which role you took for your alignment. I thought it would be a cool idea. Moving on.

HK-47 (auto companion)
T3-M4 (auto companion)

Since these two characters are the only ones that have been in both KotOR I and II, as a playable character, I thought it would be mandatory that they should be put on your team, through-out sometime of the game.

And those are the *only* characters that I want back from the previous games, besides Revan and the Exile which I hope are non-playable! This leaves you with five characters to use from the old games, on each file. Then the rest of the party could be brand new characters. And that's my idea.

KotO[REvan] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2006, 01:52 AM   #62
Clone L68362
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotO[REvan]
You see, what I liked about KotOR II, was that you could get different party members by playing the game in a different way (like being dark, light, male, or female). I have some ideas that are based on this.

The specified characters of my liking:

Atton Rand (companion for female player)
Carth Onasi (companion for female player)

Now, these two will be the ones that fight over 'who loves you the most', and they are only able to join your party if you're female *duh*.

Bastila Shan (companion for male player)
Handmaiden/Brianna (companion for male player)

Same thing as Atton and Carth, only for the opposite gender of your main character.
Then who are you, Revan or the Exile? If you're a male Revan, for example, why would he suddenly become interested in the Handmaiden if he already fell in love with Bastila?

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2006, 01:56 AM   #63
KotO[REvan]

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone L68362
Then who are you, Revan or the Exile?
I think in a my message I somewhat explained that, in what I want, you won't be either Revan or the Exile, but in fact just some new, random person that would in bound to the storyline:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotO[REvan
]And those are the *only* characters that I want back from the previous games, besides Revan and the Exile which I hope are non-playable! This leaves you with five characters to use from the old games, on each file. Then the rest of the party could be brand new characters. And that's my idea.
Now for you're other question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone L68362
If you're a male Revan, for example, why would he suddenly become interested in the Handmaiden if he already fell in love with Bastila?
I'm not sure.

KotO[REvan] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2007, 09:50 AM   #64
psand
Rookie

I would like to see some new characters. Maybe some more alien force sensitive ones. It would be ok for some returning characters to make cameos maybe in side quests or such. Jolee Bindo would be a cool one to have come back for this. I would like to see more of the Mandalorians as well. The characters I dont ever need to see again include: Mission, Zaalbar, Johani, Handmaiden, Disciple, Visas, Hanharr, I think thats it. It would be ok for Bastila to be in Kotor 3 as well.
psand is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2007, 05:17 PM   #65
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

The poll needs to have the choice of "Neither" or "A new character." Not everyone wants to be Revan or the Exile in the next one. Actually, I don't think it would make much sense to be either one of them. There are so many unanswered questions; and how would you explain leveling up? Revan and the Exile are already very powerful, and I would rather not start out so powerful. The previous games were easy enough.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #66
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerWeasel
The poll needs to have the choice of "Neither" or "A new character." Not everyone wants to be Revan or the Exile in the next one.
Done!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2007, 01:16 AM   #67
Anakin Skywalker
Argetlam

Helpful! 
Or maybe some people want a set character, like in JA... or JK 2... only make it Bastila or the Handmaiden Both are Sexy women and they would make a great K3 Character

Last edited by Anakin Skywalker; 01-02-2007 at 03:53 AM.
Anakin Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #68
Henz

All new characters +1 droids. I guess Carth and Bastilla may reappear as NPCs.

The more I think about it the more I'd like to see some more with Nihlus. So many things can be done with that character. Even as far as having him as a playable character in a different guise (his original form?) ala Mandalore. Little bit of a treat for fans but vague enough not to confuse n00bs. (and no he doesn't have to be Kreia two and turn on you) Yeah he died; but that character is out there enough for anything to have happened. People want know about Exile? He cold also be that guy you talk to for backstory.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #69
Devilsfanatic

I'd like to see Nomi Sunrider in KOTOR III some place

Darth Milhouse
Devilsfanatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #70
Pattern Spider
Rookie

I voted for neither: Revan and the Exile are done as main characters, and now exist essentially to guide the lead character of K3 to cripple the True Sith for the next millennium or two.

As with K2 being set 5 years after K1, I think there will be a reasonable (and much larger) time-gap between K2 and K3. This has to happen because it's going to take several years for:

1. Mandalore to finally reunite the clans and do so in sufficient numbers to once again serve as the formidable army Revan needs. An army that needs training and a way of initiating its recruits in ways that won't get them pre-emptively attacked before they're needed.
2. The Republic to rebuild to the point where it can just start getting complacent enough to be surprised - or awed.
3. Revan & the Exile to lay the ground work to bring down an entire empire now that they no longer have access to the inifinte resources of the Star Forge.
4. The main character, apprenticed to Visas, to come of age as one of the new generation of Jedi Knights (or Neo-Sith depending how you set the ending of K2).

A 10 year gap, even if you accept a dark side ending of K2, gives the Exile more than enough time to get her act together and relocate Beyond the Rim with Revan having left the mechanisms in place to train a new generation of force users (my biggest problem with K1 - and TESB while we're at it - was the stupidly short amount of time it took to complete Jedi training, even allowing for Revan taping past memories to shoot through in record time).

There's been increasing number of Mandalorians in the cast as the series has progressed, so by K3 making the main character one is a logical progression. I'd even go so far as to make the MC the child of pre-Mandalore Canderous (which can only help matters when the time for the apocalyptic final battle comes and Mandalore inevitably dies). It might all seem a little incestuous, but the schisms that preluded K1 pretty much started when the Jedi and the Mandalorians fought; what better way to resolve everything than via someone who is in effect the perfect personification of the union between the former enemies?

The game would thus begin with the return of the Ebon Hawk, seeking the allies of her former captains to at last bring the fight to the True Sith. But things rarely go exactly as planned...

Last edited by Pattern Spider; 02-19-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Pattern Spider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2007, 01:29 AM   #71
DARTH_DANZIG
Rookie

Once again, I prefer a slew, as opposed to predesignation.

There should be members to take on from significant side quests, story-line convergence significance, and general pickings.
Such as, people with aspirations of some kind of importance, Jedi, republic recruits, republic freelancers. That kinda stuff.
With a properly made game engine which handles the gameplay in general, there will be much wealth the role-play, and storyline can utilize to create a good game all around, with inumerable qualities to offer us.

SAMHAIN HAS REACHED THE FORCE!!!
Jedi are going mad, chaos is ensuing everywhere!!! And all this time the masters were still trying to piece together how you get the handle to just stay on the belt! A drunk jedi is always up for a good fight!!!
"Jawa juice?" "No make it a visarian brandy, I'm gonna need to clear my mind after that last mission."
"You know what I always wanted to see? A celebrity death match dual between Palpatine and GG allin"

Please refrain from using foul language in your signature and your posts in general. Thanks.
~LF Staff
DARTH_DANZIG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #72
Browny11uk
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsite
Darth_Nihl, there is no need to flame other members. Keeping on topic, if they had to reuse characters for KOTOR III (Not as Party Members, other than the Droids), I would like them to use:

Revan
The Jedi Exile
Carth Onasi
Bastila Shan
T3-M4
HK-47
Atton Rand
Brianna/Mical
Bao-Dur
Canderous Ordo (Mandalore)
Mira/Hanharr
Mission Vao
Zaalbar
Jolee Bindo
Darth Sion (Hoped he managed to survive)

Other than that, I don't think I would want anyone else to return.
Who is Brianna/Mical are they the Hnadmadien & disciples real names?
Browny11uk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #73
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Yeah. Throughout the game the Exile can ask what the Handmaiden's name is. Well near the end, when Kreia kills the Jedi, the Handmaiden snaps and takes her to Atris to be killed. Atris is even crazier and kills the Handmaiden, which sends the Exile into a blind rage. After dealing with Atris he goes back to find that the Handmaiden is alive, greatful for rescuing her and tells him her real name, Brianna. For Mical, all you need to do is find him on Dantoine. Once you leave him he'll reveal his name when reporting to Carth that he found the Exile.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2007, 04:30 PM   #74
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
For Mical, all you need to do is find him on Dantoine. Once you leave him he'll reveal his name when reporting to Carth that he found the Exile.
You also have to be Male to get that cutscene. If you are Female, Mical will tag along with you...and won't report to Carth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2007, 06:15 PM   #75
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
I'd like to see Nomi Sunrider in KOTOR III some place
Well, that makes (at least) two of us. Sadly I doubt it will happen. Even if they rename her to simply "Master Nomi", I still don't think we'll see her. A shame really

I can only hope that I'm wrong.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #76
Wildboar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Walker
But I'd want new characters, interesting ones, not recycled sterotypes.
^^^ what he said.

getting really tired of the... lets see... we have to have the rebellious jedi who is at risk of falling (or has) to the dark side (and at odds with the jedi counsel, and at odds with his/her old master,) an r2d2 clone, a dark sided c3po (thats how i view hk), a wookie, a han solo type.... ok, and everyone has to wear almost the same clothes for their role or they are not who they are supposed to be... zzzz... something new.

also, based on pc interaction during the beginning of the story line, just like they did it in TSL, you set alignment, and male/female and thus allow it to relate to you the story of what happened after the end of TSL. (it would be nice if it linked into the more flushed out story line that team-gizka is working on, since the tsl story line is so hampered after a certain point and also might be the reason that there are more votes for Revan since you really have as strong a feeling about the exile since the character wasn't as well led into or finished with. imo)

allowing revan and the exile back into the story would mean you would have to have a way to determine what they looked like cause i am sure that the game creators have no clue which look i chose for them... any of the various times i played...

---

shouldn't the poll say just Revan, if you played her/him as a light side then they would no longer be Darth Revan right? i think i remember even Kreia implying that Revan was not a Darth anymore.

i want my vote back... i have changed my mind now that i have written this out and better understand the discussion.
Wildboar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2007, 12:38 PM   #77
GOD Radu
Rookie

KOTOR 3 must have both Revan and the Exile in the main leading role(roles).
Still Revan RULZZZ!
From my point of view Revan was the most powerful jedi/sith in the Star Wars Sagga.
GOD Radu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #78
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildboar
getting really tired of the... lets see... we have to have the rebellious jedi who is at risk of falling (or has) to the dark side (and at odds with the jedi counsel, and at odds with his/her old master,)
In that case you should drop KotOR and probably Star Wars altogether. KotOR is about jedi, and being tempted by the dark side is the eternal struggle of the jedi. Star Wars is and always will be a morality play. If you've outgrown that, then fine - there are plenty of alternatives out there.

Quote:
an r2d2 clone, a dark sided c3po (thats how i view hk),
How is hk a stereotype? He is anything but... Anyway, it doesn't matter because he's probably the only character that everyone seems to at least like, so he will be in KotOR3. Heck, he was so popular, they even put him in other games.

Quote:
a wookie,
Hanharr was entirely optional in TSL. And unlike Zaalbar and Chewie, he was evil, too. How many playable evil wookiees have we seen before?

Quote:
a han solo type....
So if I understand you correctly, you want a Star Wars game with no jedi and no scoundrels... Not much left, I fear.

Quote:
allowing revan and the exile back into the story would mean you would have to have a way to determine what they looked like cause i am sure that the game creators have no clue which look i chose for them... any of the various times i played...
Not necessarily. But then again, letting the player choose what Revan and Exile look like is pretty easy to do.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #79
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
I do want to have a young apprentice though. One that I can heavily influence. One that can be a goody goody LS'der, or an evil DS'der, or perhaps a 'neutral' person, depending on influence and the way I play. I'd like to have more alien party members though.
I agree.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2007, 03:18 PM   #80
Jediphile
Persona non grata

I still think the protagonist of K3 should have the option of being alien. The main character has been human twice now. Why not allow the option for being alien as well?

But if the character absolutely must be human, I think it should be the son or daughter (player's discretion, of course) of Saul Karath.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KOTOR III Characters