lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Award Sniper Rifle - Zoom Not Calibrated!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-07-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
EliteHeadHunter
Rookie

Award Sniper Rifle - Zoom Not Calibrated!!

I have had SWB2 for a while now and there's one thing i can't understand. I fancy myself as a pretty good sniper, and i get my marksman medal. piece of cake. However, the zoom on the award sniper rifle is not calibrated! It does not shoot the beam in the place where the dot is! Is it just my xbox or is it like that for everyone else?
EliteHeadHunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
SithSpeeder
Rookie

See http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163752 for a discussion (ad nauseum). But you already knew that.

The short answer is: Zoom in and aim about the middle of their body (down halfway, in other words) and it works like a champ. I spent about 2 hours on the training map. After being the sniper, I sat up on the perch and waxed droids until I got the award rifle. I then spent the rest of the time getting familiar with it and where to aim. I could hit extreme range targets no problem by the end of the session. I had like 200 kills--great fun!

Even funnier, on the Training Map, I figured out the effective range of my grenade throws and was able to hit the spider walkers and TOOK ONE OUT with about 6 grenades! All from on top of the high command post. The bad thing is if you miss the sphere part of the body, it lands in the midst of a running gunbattle and you will probably get friendly kills.

Hope that helps.

* SithSpeeder *

Last edited by SithSpeeder; 01-17-2007 at 04:19 PM.
SithSpeeder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Yes, like SithSpeeder said, there is already an award sniper thread and that post would have worked fine on it. Think twice next time you consider making a thread.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
EliteHeadHunter
Rookie

yeah cheers. this was my first post and i hadn't seen any sniper threads in the console forum.

sorry

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

Join the Elite Imperial Guard! We must defend the Emperor!
EliteHeadHunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Console Discussion (PS2/XBOX/PSP) > Award Sniper Rifle - Zoom Not Calibrated!!