lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR 3 Jedi list
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #41
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
Yes, I know that Disciple can only be a Sith if the Exile is a DSF. The way I see it, we'll most likely get to see a new Jedi Order with LS Exile, but what about DS Exile? I say bring on a new Sith Order for DS Exile.
Actually, DS Disciple can't be a Sith at all, due to Kreia's predictions for him.

Kreia: "If he leaves this place, he will leave all that is Jedi behind him at last. A heart can only handle so many betrayals before turning away entirely.He will become a Senator on one of the Mid-Rim worlds, and devote himself to the people there. He will be a wise, steady ruler - and he will not call upon the Force again. But his rule will grow to be a cold one, and he will find that the code of the galaxy pales in comparison to the failures of the code of the Jedi."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
You'll notice I mentioned he could either guard Revan's ship or assist him with whatever mission he wanted help with. But either way and extra person to help Revan would be more useful than another admiral in a navy during a relatively peacful time.
That depends entirely on what Revan is doing. Revan DID leave for the unknown regions alone. That's a fact. If we're to question that, something must happen to change that.

Quote:
Not very plausible... you have to remember DS players. Having two alternative stories, one with and one without a new Order, would take a fair amount of effort. It would be much easier for LA to keep a small group of Jedi.
Agreed. Still, I see no reason why you couldn't simply replace all the exile's companions with other jedi trying to build a new order, if the exile was DS.

Quote:
Starting a new Order would seem like something best kept for the ending of the game, anyway. What better way to conclude the LS version of the game with the true Sith defeated, and a new Order rising now that they're gone for good?
I disagree. It makes no sense to suggest that everybody just gave up in advance. Sure, by all means - let the new, emerging order struggle to live and fail, and then end the game with it finally coming into its own. But I'd hate a plot where nobody at least tried to revive the jedi order.

Quote:
No, there's a time gap. It's stated multiple times that TSL takes place 5 years after KotOR. 14 + 5 = 19. And there seems to have been no indication she left for the Unknown Regions during that time.
Yes, but Revan left for the unknown regions one year after KotOR, which is four years before TSL. Ergo: Mission was indeed 15 at the time.

Quote:
What could he really do in known space? There are others who could go about helping people, which strikes me as a less pressing matter than helping to sabotage a galactic invasion.
Yes, but Jolee is not a great planner. He's more of the sort who'll answer the call when things get rough and his help is needed. That's the role I'd see him play in KotOR3 (assuming Revan is set to LS by the player).

Quote:
But what threats are left? The top leadership of the Sith is destroyed, and what's left of them are fighting another civil war. Then compare that to an entire empire that's poised for invasion... HK would be very handy there.
HK-50s? Other G0-T0s? Corrupt Republic politicians trying to exploit the situation? Smugglers having a field day in the chaos of the Republic? Plenty for him to do... Besides, Revan clearly didn't want HK with him.

Quote:
I would differ... being a skilled general or fighter by no way grants one an intimate knowledge of computers. Revan isn't a jack of all trades and skilled at everything, contrary to fanboy belief.

Besides, it's already shown in the game he isn't nearly as skilled as T3 when it comes to computers. If he couldn't hack through the main door of a fairly mediocre Sith base on a backwater planet, he'd be an idiot to think he could get through the doubtlessly tougher security the true Sith have.
That door was pure rail-roading, forcing you to get T3. In fact, Mission had a higher skill level in my game, and she still couldn't open that door because the game wouldn't allow it. So that is a non-issue.

Also, I doubt security among the true Sith relies on computer-controlled locks... I'd be fairly disappointed it if were. Besides, Kreia said Revan did not need the "machines" where he had gone...

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2007, 09:22 PM   #42
EnIgmA_XX
Rookie

Quote:
You'll notice I mentioned he could either guard Revan's ship or assist him with whatever mission he wanted help with. But either way and extra person to help Revan would be more useful than another admiral in a navy during a relatively peacful time.
It wasn't very peaceful during tsl. you can't forget the attack on telos. you might argue that that was only one battle, but this was also a hard time for the republic in general. the republic was in short, eroding under lack of infrastructure and crime and was on the verge of colapse. an admiral could do plenty to keep the peace.

Quote:
Not very plausible... you have to remember DS players. Having two alternative stories, one with and one without a new Order, would take a fair amount of effort. It would be much easier for LA to keep a small group of Jedi.
oops, i forgot DS players! to be honest, i've never played ds, so i can't debate on this point.

Quote:
Starting a new Order would seem like something best kept for the ending of the game, anyway. What better way to conclude the LS version of the game with the true Sith defeated, and a new Order rising now that they're gone for good?
I doubt the jedi would just stand around doing nothing, or all run blindly off into the unknown regions, leaving the republic alone, considering that after tsl the republic is about as strong as three flies.

Quote:
No, there's a time gap. It's stated multiple times that TSL takes place 5 years after KotOR. 14 + 5 = 19. And there seems to have been no indication she left for the Unknown Regions during that time.
Jediphile is correct here. i remember hearing this somewhere and if she's 15, Revan would not send her out to the unknown regions.

Quote:
What could he really do in known space? There are others who could go about helping people, which strikes me as a less pressing matter than helping to sabotage a galactic invasion.
what you also have to do is take into account the character's personalities as well. even though this might be more practical, would you really expect Jolee to do something like that? i don't.

Quote:
But what threats are left? The top leadership of the Sith is destroyed, and what's left of them are fighting another civil war. Then compare that to an entire empire that's poised for invasion... HK would be very handy there.
The sith isn't the only threat in the galaxy. in tsl, key points of the republic were being threatened and if these planets were lost, the republic would definitely fall, as GOTO said. there are some areas where the assasination of key political figures will be required (think civil war and Onderon). Revan knew this, and he kept HK in known space (presumably against his will) for it.

Quote:
I would differ... being a skilled general or fighter by no way grants one an intimate knowledge of computers. Revan isn't a jack of all trades and skilled at everything, contrary to fanboy belief.

Besides, it's already shown in the game he isn't nearly as skilled as T3 when it comes to computers. If he couldn't hack through the main door of a fairly mediocre Sith base on a backwater planet, he'd be an idiot to think he could get through the doubtlessly tougher security the true Sith have.
hmm...i'm not sure if you mean this, and i don't think you meant to say it in this way, but for the record I am not a Revan fanboy. anyway, as Jediphile stated, we don't really know what kinds of security systems the true sith have anyway, so arguing this won't really get us anywwhere.

Quote:
Finding lost Jedi generals cut off from the Force seemed to be his main purpose in TSL... I'd wager there aren't many of those left for him to find.
well, he did find the exile.
EnIgmA_XX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2007, 09:00 AM   #43
Darth_vilas
Rookie

Must return
Bastilla
Juhani*
Jolee bindo*
Vandar*
Atris*
Brianna
Kavar (I think that he didn't die but just was stripped by the force like the exile.)
Yutarha ban(sp?)*
and maybe force goshts of died jedi(masters)
* revan and exile has gone light
Darth_vilas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #44
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
I'd actually like to see Nomi and Vima in K3, though I know Lucasarts are unlikely to use them due to the Sunrider naming controversy. It's a shame though, and I see no particular reason for nixing the characters for that reason -just put them in there as "Master Nomi" and "Vima" without ever using the Sunrider name - we'll all know who they are talking about anyway. Simple really... Too bad it won't happen
It can't happen, KotOR 1 was 50 years after the War with Exar Kun. KotOR 2 was about 5 years after that, how old was Nomi in the Sith War. I'm guessing in her 20s to 30s, and we're adding 55 years to that. The odds of her believably being in KotOR 3 is extremely remote.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #45
i_shot_the_jedi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_vilas
Must return
Bastilla
Juhani*
Jolee bindo*
Vandar*
Atris*
Brianna
Kavar (I think that he didn't die but just was stripped by the force like the exile.)
Yutarha ban(sp?)*
and maybe force goshts of died jedi(masters)
* revan and exile has gone light
I am afraid that both Vandar and Kavar are completely dead due to the effects of Force Drain; prevented even from joining the Force (most of Kavar's death details can be found when you click on his corpse). Vandar is dead in both Dark and Light storylines: if he was not killed along with Admiral Dodonna at the Battle of Rakata Prime then he was murdered on Katarr by Nihilus.

Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Shallow minds discuss people.
Which are you?
i_shot_the_jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #46
Saber-Scorpion
Rookie

as in tsl i think you could choose if revan was LSM,LSF,DSM or DSF adn the same with exile and for the exile's partymembers you could choose if they were darkside or lightside and also if they were jedi darkjedi or that the exile never trained them
Saber-Scorpion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #47
John Galt

Remember that in TSL Goto predicted that the Republic would've fallen in one standard month if all the worlds the Exile visited had destabilized/withdrawn from the Republic. Unless they particularly feel like writing an entirely other plot for DS Exile(with no Republic to defend, no less) they'll have to make either LS or DS the canon ending for TSL, otherwise they'll be forced to basically write two separate games. Then again, this could explain why K3 is taking so damn long to make.

Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. -Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse
John Galt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2007, 11:42 PM   #48
Corinthian
Banned

Maybe the Republic destabilizes, then it gets stabilized again really fast.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2007, 11:43 PM   #49
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
Maybe the Republic destabilizes, then it gets stabilized again really fast.
Or maybe G0T0's prediction turns out to be wrong, remember G0T0 is a droid.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2007, 11:48 PM   #50
John Galt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
Or maybe G0T0's prediction turns out to be wrong, remember G0T0 is a droid.
G0T0 was a very smart droid, and all of his predictions are quite logical. Telos was instrumental in seeing if the restoration process would work(Canonically, it did), and Onderon was the only place on the rim that had aggressive enough wildlife to survive repopulating a devastated world. Dantooine was a vital supply link to the outer rim, which would be critical in a war against the True Sith.

Assuming DS exile, it'd be really implausible for these worlds to be back in the Republic(assuming it didn't disentigrate) for a looong time.

Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. -Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse
John Galt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KOTOR 3 Jedi list