lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-24-2007, 05:59 AM   #41
Phantom Knight
BAANAAANAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
 
Phantom Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A figment of your imagination
Posts: 2,228
Current Game: Mass Effect
Hot Topic Starter 
I'd like to see:

-Coruscant (duh!)
-Ilum
-Aquilaris
-Taris
-Endor
and Naboo

I chose Ilum because of the Crystal Cave I've read so much about. That could be the place where the Character can get his Lightsaber crystals
Phantom Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 07:46 AM   #42
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User
 
PoiuyWired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,503
-Ilum? An interesting choice.

My List:
-corellia
-a zeltron pleasure world(huh)
-ossus with a jedi tree
-Dathomir
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 10:11 AM   #43
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
-ossus with a jedi tree
No. That tree belongs to Luke in Dark Empire II, so leave it alone. There is quite enough contradictory Star Wars history around as it is.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #44
AJL
 
AJL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 343
NO Manaan... No more those fishies please!

And very very little Dantooine, Tatooine and
Kashyyyk or not at all...

Maybe Naboo... (Or something similar...)

Maybe Coruscant... And Alderaan...

And some Telos (the ruins...)

And of course Korriban should be there!
AJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #45
Shato Khan
Rookie
 
Shato Khan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: anteni
Posts: 37
taris ruins
courarsant
narbo!!!!!!!!!!!
alderan
new worolds(3)
Shato Khan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #46
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...
 
jonathan7's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 3,676
Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
May I point out the Problem with Naboo in the KotOR era is that it hasn't been settled by humans yet, so no Theed etc, and do you really want to run into Gungans? (admitadly Jar-Jar has tarnished what could have been a decent species in my eyes).

You could have Ossus but I'm not a fan, I agree with Jediphile that things are too fragmented as they are, although maybe a vision back to Ossus in all its glory in a holocron would be cool!!



"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #47
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,193
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
No. That tree belongs to Luke in Dark Empire II, so leave it alone. There is quite enough contradictory Star Wars history around as it is.
Like you said in an earlier post, ossus is a baron waste at this point in history, so there not much you could do there anyway, but I don't understand your View on Ood Bnar? Its not like he's gonna turn back into humanoid form and go and help you in your mission, ret-conning Dark Empire in the process.


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #48
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...
 
jonathan7's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 3,676
Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
Like you said in an earlier post, ossus is a baron waste at this point in history, so there not much you could do there anyway, but I don't understand your View on Ood Bnar? Its not like he's gonna turn back into humanoid form and go and help you in your mission, ret-conning Dark Empire in the process.
Doesn't Ood Bnar say Luke is the first Jedi he has run into though? I may well be mistaken on this point.



"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 06:45 PM   #49
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,193
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
Doesn't Ood Bnar say Luke is the first Jedi he has run into though? I may well be mistaken on this point.
I don't remember Ood and Luke having any dialog, but your probably right, one quick chat in 4000 years is hardly gonna cause a paradox though is it?


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #50
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User
 
PoiuyWired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,503
Well, even if bob talks to Ood in k3 it still does not change the fact that luke is the first jedi ood talks to in thousands of years.

As for Coruscant... From what I remember the place is nothing close to the big city we know of, but I guess it would be interesting.

As for Alderaan, sure why not, I mean we have never been there in any games ever, plus we get to see those bug holes on the mountains. Now hopefully therer is nothing in the story about "joiners"
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 08:49 PM   #51
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...
 
jonathan7's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 3,676
Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Well, even if bob talks to Ood in k3 it still does not change the fact that luke is the first jedi ood talks to in thousands of years.

As for Coruscant... From what I remember the place is nothing close to the big city we know of, but I guess it would be interesting.

As for Alderaan, sure why not, I mean we have never been there in any games ever, plus we get to see those bug holes on the mountains. Now hopefully therer is nothing in the story about "joiners"
Hmmm, according to Wookiepedia Coruscant was still a major metrpolic centre, but it would be cool to investigate a similar but slightly smaller and different Coruscant and Jedi Temple to that of the Movies era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiepedia
Early Republic
In 25,000 BBY, the Corellians and Duros invented the hyperdrive proper, allowing Coruscant to become the capital of a democratic union—the Galactic Republic. The planet remained the Republic's capital for twenty five thousand years. Shortly after the formation of the Republic, the Perlemian Trade Route was mapped, linking Coruscant to Ossus and bringing the Jedi Knights into the Republic. Over the next millennium, the Corellian Run was mapped, linking Coruscant to Corellia and beyond. Blasters were also invented on Coruscant around this time, and the famous Galactic Museum was constructed in 12,000 BBY.

Galactic City c.5,000 BBY.From the very beginning, Coruscant, as the Republic's capital, was the primary objective in several wars. The earliest among these was the Tionese War with the Honorable Union of Desevro and Tion in 24,000 BBY, in which Coruscant was bombarded with Tionese pressure bombs. Other early battles included the Alsakan Conflicts, the Duinuogwuin Contention, the Great Hyperspace War, the Third Great Schism, the Great Droid Revolution, and the Great Sith War.

Following the devastation of Ossus, the Jedi Council took up residence in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, to which many Jedi relics from Ossus were taken. The Temple was greatly expanded, including the building of the original Jedi Council Chamber. The Temple was repeatedly expanded including in 3,519 BBY, 2,519 BBY (when the Jedi Archives were built), 2,019 BBY, and 1,000 BBY (when the Temple spires were built).
Whatever I think Courscant is a must!

But I would put Alderaan above Coruscant as a planet I want to have a look around!



"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 09:51 PM   #52
The Architect
Junior Member
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Coruscant - definitely!

Corellia - no thanks. There seems to be no reason to.
What? I know you said “there seems to be”, but you have to understand that since we know nothing about KotOR III’s currently non-existent plot, it is folly to say which planets that there seems to be no reason to visit.

Every planet we visit in KotOR III will be important from a plot perspective. Duh! If we are to visit Corellia in KotOR III (and it is possible) there would be a reason why you go there or begin there! Because the devs would come up with a reason. They could make almost any planet worth visiting in KotOR III.

Corellia is an interesting choice, because it could be potentially good from a role-playing perspective, considering it’s a very populated planet, correct? And from a visual perspective it would be nice too.

How do you know that Corellia isn’t worth visiting in KotOR III, since we currently know nothing about the official KotOR III plot (either because it’s secret or currently non-existent)?

I’ll give you an example of how Corellia could be used in KotOR III:

Say in the Jedi Civil War your character was a padawan on the verge of becoming a Jedi Knight. You were dubbed as the next Revan because of your strong connection to the force.

You possess a unique ability to manipulate people (for good or ill) via conversation to your own benefit. You have an exceptional aptitude to tell when someone is lying or not. In other words, you’re unique.

Ever since the Jedi Civil War ended you’ve been hiding and living on the world of Corellia. You didn’t turn away from the force like the Exile did, nor did you stop using it. Nevertheless, you haven’t really progressed beyond your padawan status several years ago, and do need some more training if you are to pick up where you left off.

Lately, you’ve been having these dreams, or should I say visions? Visions that are giving you headaches and making your body feel sore, like you’ve been “doin’ it” all night. The game kicks off with a cut-scene, where you’re tossing and turning in your sleep, because of these darn visions!

You see this scary looking DS woman with long blonde hair and icy blue eyes attacking someone (you don’t see who she’s attacking) on some spaceship. She appears to be some Sith acolyte.

Your life has gone down hill ever since the end of the Jedi Civil War. You’ve become an unemployed alcoholic with a gambling addiction who is almost bankrupt. Someone who you’ve gotten to know over the years who really cares about you encourages you to get your life back on track, get off Corellia, and find someone who can help you.

Why are you having these visions? Why is it causing you pain? Who is the woman in the visions? Who can help you? How are you going to get off Corellia without a ship, a pilot (since you can’t fly ships) and a decent mechanic/repair dude (since you suck at that too)?

Your goal would be to come up with enough credits to buy a ship, hire a pilot and hire a mechanic/repair dude. You’d be kept busy from a role-playing perspective on Corellia. As you can imagine, there are several ways to come up with the credits, including bounty hunting, mercenary work, hunting, pazaak (doesn’t help your gambling addiction I know) and swoop racing.

During your quest to come up with enough credits to buy what you need and hire that you need, you will come across someone who wants to help you and gives you an atypical force crystal that can help you increase your connection to the force much quicker than the average folk.

Now why does the person give you the crystal? Who is this person? Why does this person want your help? Why does this person want to help you? Ah, that would be for the devs to tell in an example like this, and yes, if anyone is wondering, this is a sneak preview (a very brief one I might add) of part one of my new KotOR III story.

As I’ve said however, I will only make it available for other people to read if I finish it, and that is a big, big if. Anyway Jediphile, this is an example of how any planet can be worth visiting or may be needed to visit from a plot perspective. Not that I’m fine with visiting any planet in KotOR III by the way. I don’t like isolated, Peragus type crap.

And yeah yeah, I know you prefer beginning on Coruscant as a padawan. Oh well. If you happen to read part one of my story however Jediphile, I’d be surprised if you think that it sucks and isn't plausible.
The Architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #53
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
What? I know you said “there seems to be”, but you have to understand that since we know nothing about KotOR III’s currently non-existent plot, it is folly to say which planets that there seems to be no reason to visit.
So, what? I'm a fool because I don't see a compelling reason for seeing Corellia in KotOR3 because I can't think of one and nobody has suggested one either? It would be a lot more constructive if you suggested something interesting yourself instead of inferring folly on the part of other people because they disagree with you. I have at least given reasons for every planet I would like to see in KotOR3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
Say in the Jedi Civil War your character was a padawan on the verge of becoming a Jedi Knight. You were dubbed as the next Revan because of your strong connection to the force.
Sound rather uncompelling to me already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
You possess a unique ability to manipulate people (for good or ill) via conversation to your own benefit. You have an exceptional aptitude to tell when someone is lying or not. In other words, you’re unique.
Well, that's the very ability I gave the protagonist in my own plot (as you well know), and he/she wasn't from Corellia either, so that's not much of an explanation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
Your goal would be to come up with enough credits to buy a ship, hire a pilot and hire a mechanic/repair dude. You’d be kept busy from a role-playing perspective on Corellia. As you can imagine, there are several ways to come up with the credits, including bounty hunting, mercenary work, hunting, pazaak (doesn’t help your gambling addiction I know) and swoop racing.
This could all happen on lots and lots of planets. Even Coruscant.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #54
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,236
Corellia is interesting because it is the one of the first planets with humans. They're the ones who came up with the whole Heaven/Hell religions. Corellia is a very important homeworld for humans, and I think, one of the founders of the Republic.

Basically, Corellia can be a stand-in for Corasunt.

Me? I just want to see the True Sith homeworld, and a planet soley for Jedi/Force Using training. Prehaps a Jedi graveyard homeworld might be nice as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 11:31 PM   #55
The Architect
Junior Member
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
So, what? I'm a fool because I don't see a compelling reason for seeing Corellia in KotOR3 because I can't think of one and nobody has suggested one either? It would be a lot more constructive if you suggested something interesting yourself instead of inferring folly on the part of other people because they disagree with you. I have at least given reasons for every planet I would like to see in KotOR3.
Huh? Umm….I just did. I gave an example of how Corellia could be used in KotOR III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Sound rather uncompelling to me already...
Why? Why is it a bad idea that you just happen to be someone who was going to be the next big thing? It’s not like Revan was the only force user with great potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Well, that's the very ability I gave the protagonist in my own plot (as you well know), and he/she wasn't from Corellia either, so that's not much of an explanation...
So, what, are you saying that there’s not much of an explanation as to why the PC in your story grows powerful over a short amount of time as well? From what I remember, that was the only unique attribute you applied to the PC in your story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
This could all happen on lots and lots of planets. Even Coruscant.
Yes I know. Have I claimed otherwise? Not on Coruscant though. Why would you hide from the Sith on Coruscant? Think about it. The Sith. Coruscant.
The Architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 11:38 PM   #56
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
Huh? Umm….I just did. I gave an example of how Corellia could be used in KotOR III.
How it could be used, yes, but not why it should be Corellia over most other planets we could mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
Why? Why is it a bad idea that you just happen to be someone who was going to be the next big thing? It’s not like Revan was the only force user with great potential.
No, but "the next Revan" doesn't sound terribly original to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
So, what, are you saying that there’s not much of an explanation as to why the PC in your story grows powerful over a short amount of time as well? From what I remember, that was the only unique attribute you applied to the PC in your story.
It was. But since I already put it in my plot, which I know you've read, that doesn't go very far to make it original or explain why Corellia should be an important planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
Yes I know. Have I claimed otherwise? Not on Coruscant though. Why would you hide from the Sith on Coruscant? Think about it. The Sith. Coruscant.
Seemed to work for Palpatine against his enemies, though...


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 11:50 PM   #57
The Architect
Junior Member
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
How it could be used, yes, but not why it should be Corellia over most other planets we could mention.
I didn’t say that it should be Corellia did I? I agree with you that they could use many planets, including Corellia. It doesn’t necessarily have to be Corellia; it’s just that it’s an interesting choice, because it’s apparently well populated and visually nice, kind of like Coruscant. Populated planets with swoop racing tracks, cantinas and so on = plenty of role playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
No, but "the next Revan" doesn't sound terribly original to me...
What, has that title already been taken has it? By who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
It was. But since I already put it in my plot, which I know you've read, that doesn't go very far to make it original or explain why Corellia should be an important planet.
Once again, I didn’t say that Corellia should be an important planet in KotOR III. I used it, because it sounds good from a role-playing perspective, and the KotOR III PC just happened to go hide there.

Why? Same idea as Zez-Kai Ell pretty much. Why not somewhere else? Umm…he/she just chose Corellia. It had to be somewhere, and perhaps the K3 PC was born on Corellia. That’s up to the player I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Seemed to work for Palpatine against his enemies, though...
Yes but I'm talking about the Jedi hiding from the Sith, not the other way around. Besides, Palpatine wasn't hiding from a planet eating Sith Lord, a Sith Lord who can regenerate and a group of deadly force-draining assassins, who all must have been fully aware of Coruscant’s significance to the Jedi, was he?
The Architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2007, 01:20 AM   #58
Phantom Knight
BAANAAANAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
 
Phantom Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A figment of your imagination
Posts: 2,228
Current Game: Mass Effect
Hot Topic Starter 
Urm... could you guys please stay on topic? This thread is about discussing possible planets for KoTOR3, not arguing over a possible story idea for the game!
Phantom Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2007, 06:09 AM   #59
AJL
 
AJL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
May I point out the Problem with Naboo in the KotOR era is that it hasn't been settled by humans yet, so no Theed etc, and do you really want to run into Gungans? (admitadly Jar-Jar has tarnished what could have been a decent species in my eyes).
I would have no problem with hacking up some Gungans. (And I doubt
we would run into Jar Jar...)

And not settled yet ??

Those peoples came to Naboo from Grizmallt because of some conflict
there 4,000 BBY... And the Jedi Civil War took place 3,956 BBY... And
KotOR 3 ?? Somewhere between 3,950-3,900 BBY maybe ??

So isn't it possible there was some settlement at that time already ??
AJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2007, 11:27 PM   #60
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...
 
jonathan7's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 3,676
Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohunas
Urm... could you guys please stay on topic? This thread is about discussing possible planets for KoTOR3, not arguing over a possible story idea for the game!
They are staying on topic, they are debating if Corellia is a valid choice of planet to have in K3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL
I would have no problem with hacking up some Gungans. (And I doubt
we would run into Jar Jar...)

And not settled yet ??

Those peoples came to Naboo from Grizmallt because of some conflict
there 4,000 BBY... And the Jedi Civil War took place 3,956 BBY... And
KotOR 3 ?? Somewhere between 3,950-3,900 BBY maybe ??

So isn't it possible there was some settlement at that time already ??
Indeed I stand Corrected, that a Retcon? As I don't originally remember humans being on Naboo untill 2,500 BBY. Or is my memory playing tricks on me. If there are humans there then Naboo would be quite cool to visit.



"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #61
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User
 
PoiuyWired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,503
To me fair Naboo is already discovered, and it is possable that some small encampments are there, research camps and explorers and what not. Whatever it is it would not be a big settlement. I guess it would be fine if you like hunting gungans, but personally I think it is quite boring compare to all the planets out there.

How about Ziost? It would be a wonderful journey, and with the chance of meeting some surviving Sith(species).

Coruscant is quite populated, but it would be like Taris really.

Last edited by PoiuyWired; 03-26-2007 at 08:34 AM.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #62
AJL
 
AJL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 343
Yeah... Naboo may not be the best but it would be nice to have some
map that looks a bit like Naboo does in the movies... (Because it looks
great...)
AJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #63
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
I wouldn't mind if Naboo was included. I actually rather like Gungans, but Jar Jar is just awful. If Naboo is included in KotOR III, they could give a whole new look to the Gungans and actually make them seem cool.

I think Ziost is a must. If the plot really will be about the True Sith (I don' see what else it could be about), then I think you could find some pretty interesting things there, if not the True Sith themselves.


Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #64
The Architect
Junior Member
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 413
Sorry for going off-topic, but…

Another thing Jediphile, you say that the KotOR III PC being “the next Revan” is a bad thing. Fair enough. You say that the KotOR III PC being uber powerful like Revan and the Exile is lame and repetitive. Again, fair enough.

However you are contradicting yourself, because in your plot, you go from a padawan to a Jedi Knight to a Jedi Master (the LS way) in what, less than a year or something? It took the likes of Anakin, Yoda, Palpatine and Luke years to become powerful, and what, the KotOR III PC can go from a padawan to a Jedi Knight to a Jedi Master in less than a year?

So it’s okay to play as someone who is like, more powerful than Luke and Anakin put together, but it’s not okay to play as someone who had the potential to become the next Revan in the JCW? Umm…I’m confused.
The Architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 08:43 AM   #65
Phantom Knight
BAANAAANAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
 
Phantom Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A figment of your imagination
Posts: 2,228
Current Game: Mass Effect
Hot Topic Starter 
I would like to see Naboo in the game. Then you can explore Utah Gunga (or whatever its called), that underwater city.
Phantom Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #66
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
However you are contradicting yourself, because in your plot, you go from a padawan to a Jedi Knight to a Jedi Master (the LS way) in what, less than a year or something? It took the likes of Anakin, Yoda, Palpatine and Luke years to become powerful, and what, the KotOR III PC can go from a padawan to a Jedi Knight to a Jedi Master in less than a year?
Nonsense. Your confusion is due to the different meanings of the term "jedi master" which can three different things:

1. Anyone who sits on the jedi council.
2. Any knight who has a padawan learner.
3. Any jedi as experienced and powerful as Yoda, Windu, or others we could mention.

Sure, in my plot I had the pc end up on the council, and I had him have a padawan learner, but that doesn't make him as powerful as Yoda or Windu, nor have I ever said so. Au contraire. In your apparent confusion you seem to have forgotten that I also put all of the exile's companions on the council, which would make them jedi masters as well. Granted, Visas already had jedi/sith training and Mical a bit as a padawan, but the same is not true for the rest of the exile's companions, and yet I had Atton, Bao-Dur, and Mira on the council, even though they went from non-jedi to extremely high-leveled jedi during the time span of TSL, which is less than a year. I never heard you complain about that.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 02:17 PM   #67
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,236
Quote:
Sure, in my plot I had the pc end up on the council, and I had him have a padawan learner, but that doesn't make him as powerful as Yoda or Windu, nor have I ever said so. Au contraire. In your apparent confusion you seem to have forgotten that I also put all of the exile's companions on the council, which would make them jedi masters as well. Granted, Visas already had jedi/sith training and Mical a bit as a padawan, but the same is not true for the rest of the exile's companions, and yet I had Atton, Bao-Dur, and Mira on the council, even though they went from non-jedi to extremely high-leveled jedi during the time span of TSL, which is less than a year. I never heard you complain about that.
...But there is no reason WHY he would sit on the Council. You said that this padawan is just that, a normal padawan.

At least the jedi compaions got the job as the virtue of 'teaching' the new students, as they are the founders of the Jedi Order. They were the strongest Jedi in the galaxy at the time, because they were the only Jedi. But...what did this padawan do? Play second-fiddle to Revan and Exile. Doesn't sound compelling, especially since the jedi companions would become much more powerful within the time between K2 and K3, by training and such.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 09:06 PM   #68
The Architect
Junior Member
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Nonsense. Your confusion is due to the different meanings of the term "jedi master" which can three different things:

1. Anyone who sits on the jedi council.
But Anakin sat on the Council in RotS, and he wasn’t a Jedi Master. I always thought that the only way to become a Jedi Master is to actually acquire that rank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
2. Any knight who has a padawan learner.
Sure, the padawan will call their master “master”, because they are their master, but that doesn’t essentially make them a master. Like how Anakin often called Obi-Wan “master” in AotC, when Obi-Wan was actually still a Jedi Knight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
3. Any jedi as experienced and powerful as Yoda, Windu, or others we could mention.

Sure, in my plot I had the pc end up on the council, and I had him have a padawan learner, but that doesn't make him as powerful as Yoda or Windu, nor have I ever said so. Au contraire.
I didn’t say you said that the K3 PC is as powerful as Yoda or Windu, but it seems that way since you go from a padawan to a Jedi Knight to a Jedi Master in approximately less than a year.

While the K3 PC may not be a “true” Jedi Master in terms of rank, I don’t think it is a good idea for the Council to put someone who hasn’t been a Jedi Knight for very long on the Council, since it may go to his/her head. But that’s just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
In your apparent confusion you seem to have forgotten that I also put all of the exile's companions on the council, which would make them jedi masters as well. Granted, Visas already had jedi/sith training and Mical a bit as a padawan, but the same is not true for the rest of the exile's companions, and yet I had Atton, Bao-Dur, and Mira on the council, even though they went from non-jedi to extremely high-leveled jedi during the time span of TSL, which is less than a year. I never heard you complain about that.
You’re right, previously I didn’t complain about that, but I’ve changed my mind. Does there have to be a Jedi Council? I think so. Are there enough “proper” Jedi Masters left to form a new Council? Maybe. I doubt it though.

There might be two or three proper masters left, but going by Kreia’s forecast of the future of LS Exile’s companions and who’s “next in line”; I’ve always thought that LS Exile’s companions will lead the rebuilding phase of the new Jedi Order.

Since they are the most powerful Jedi left, thus they would form the new Council, because they are of the highest rank. In other words, it wouldn’t be a proper Council, but a necessary one.

As SilentScope001 said, depending on how long after TSL KotOR III is set, LS Exile’s companions have some time to become more powerful, not necessarily to the power level of a master, but perhaps close to it. I also second SS001’s question of why the K3 PC in your story ends up on the Council.
The Architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #69
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,449
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
Sure, the padawan will call their master “master”, because they are their master, but that doesn’t essentially make them a master. Like how Anakin often called Obi-Wan “master” in AotC, when Obi-Wan was actually still a Jedi Knight.
This, plus the fact that "Master" is the title for all proper Jedi, both Knights and Masters. It's untraditional, but some Jedi - including Jorus C'Baoth - extended the title even to Padawans, as we see him calling Anakin "Master Skywalker" in Outbound Flight. This is untraditional and a bit unproper, but it goes to show you just how broadly the title was used.


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 12:22 AM   #70
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!
 
CSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tariki Hongan Temple, City of
Posts: 1,797
Current Game: Frozen Throne
Helpful! 
Coruscant
Ryloth [Lots of sexy Twi'Lek outta there!]
Ruusan [Valley of the Jedi.]
Nar Shaddaa [A nest of scums.]

That's all, I think.




| Muunilinst 10 | Real Life | Exiled Jedi Weapon Master | Ex-Sith Marauder | Gunslinger |
Killed in a suicide attempt of ramming his own ship, Ravager, onto the surface of Telos IV. --Casualty Report: Order 66
CSI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 06:21 AM   #71
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
There might be two or three proper masters left, but going by Kreia’s forecast of the future of LS Exile’s companions and who’s “next in line”; I’ve always thought that LS Exile’s companions will lead the rebuilding phase of the new Jedi Order.

Since they are the most powerful Jedi left, thus they would form the new Council, because they are of the highest rank. In other words, it wouldn’t be a proper Council, but a necessary one.
Precisely. And I just put the K3 pc in line right after them due to what the character achieved during the game.

It's not a council that can be compared to the old council before the Mandalorian Wars or during the Clone Wars. It's just a council of necessity. Few of its members really have the experience for it, but it doesn't matter, because the jedi are mostly extinct and must look to the future.

Don't forget that I set my plot at most two years after TSL. That means at most three years for the exile's companions to go from whatever they were in TSL to jedi masters. A bit of a stretch really. The K3 pc, of course, does it in even less time, but then that's precisely why I wanted the character to be a padawan learner to begin with - the character already has several years of theoretical experience that the exile's companions do not.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 01:16 PM   #72
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
But Anakin sat on the Council in RotS, and he wasn’t a Jedi Master. I always thought that the only way to become a Jedi Master is to actually acquire that rank.


Yeah, as a "voting" member of the council you no doubt had to be a master. Being allowed to "sit in on" the council clearly sent mixed signals to AS, who clearly wasn't then yet a JM.

Frankly, as to the question of planets, I've no particular ones in mind. As long as the plot's interesting and the planets aren't lame (visually , etc..), I don't really care where they go. But like was stated earlier, no peragus type bs. Didn't particularly care for it. Also, hopefully the game will be more fleshed out than TSL.
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 01:43 PM   #73
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Coruscant

Tatooine (I want to see a Jabba The Hutt spin. Jabba style palace, which you can enter to make smuggling deals or to collect bounties.)

Nar Shaddaa (Another locations of Nar Shadda, which we have not seen. Some place with bars, races, and filled with life.)

Yavin IV (Maybe some Sith Temples, which were abandoned from the first war.)

Taris (Another location of Taris, which we have never before seen.)

Korriban (New Sith Temples: I liked searching thought the Sith Tombs.)
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 03:00 PM   #74
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
The planets I really DON'T want are mostly those that have already been done to death.

We've already seen both Dantooine and Korriban in both games.

I also don't want Tatooine, since it's in all the movies except ESB. I also don't want Yavin IV. It was in KotOR and is where Exar Kun rests. Let him do so in peace.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 11:29 PM   #75
The Architect
Junior Member
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
The K3 pc, of course, does it in even less time, but then that's precisely why I wanted the character to be a padawan learner to begin with - the character already has several years of theoretical experience that the exile's companions do not.
The thing is, if the KotOR III PC apparently has a few years more experience than LS Exile’s companions, then shouldn’t he/she be on the Council at the start? What I’d suggest for your plot is that in the Jedi Civil War, you were a padawan on the verge of becoming a Jedi Knight. As opposed to LS Exile’s companions, you’ve been out of action for several years, so you are “a bit rusty”. Oh wait, this is your idea isn’t it?

At the start of the game, you have just returned to the Jedi Order (for anonymous reasons) and it will take a while for you to “get back to where you were”. You could then very well become a Jedi Knight at the middle stages of the game (since you weren’t far off it before). Is it a stretch if you just happen to find (or be given for some reason) an atypical force crystal or item that helps you rapidly increase your connection to the force?

And yeah, I agree that I’d rather not see planets from the previous KotOR’s. The only planet from KotOR and TSL that I wouldn’t mind seeing again in KotOR III is Nar Shaddaa, but then you’d have to establish a credible reason why you’d go there in the game.

I’ll just say this though. The True Sith might not be the only punks that play up in KotOR III, given the weak state of the Republic and the Jedi Order….Actually, one more thing; imagine if you set the Exile as DS in KotOR III and you got to assassinate GO-TO! LS Exile = another Exchange leader to knock off.

Do you think that Nar Shaddaa would fit into your plot, Jediphile? If so, how? If not, why not?
The Architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 05:20 AM   #76
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
The thing is, if the KotOR III PC apparently has a few years more experience than LS Exile’s companions, then shouldn’t he/she be on the Council at the start? What I’d suggest for your plot is that in the Jedi Civil War, you were a padawan on the verge of becoming a Jedi Knight. As opposed to LS Exile’s companions, you’ve been out of action for several years, so you are “a bit rusty”. Oh wait, this is your idea isn’t it?
Just about. I made the pc a little younger and less experienced than that, so that he would not quite be on the verge of being a jedi knight. He has theoretical experience that the exile's companions lack, but not their practical experience. He'd quickly prove that he has what it takes to be where Obi-Wan is when we first meet him in TPM, though, and I'd have him declared a knight about 30-40% through the game (after the Nihilus-esque showdown) and then take his own padawan learner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
At the start of the game, you have just returned to the Jedi Order (for anonymous reasons) and it will take a while for you to “get back to where you were”. You could then very well become a Jedi Knight at the middle stages of the game (since you weren’t far off it before). Is it a stretch if you just happen to find (or be given for some reason) an atypical force crystal or item that helps you rapidly increase your connection to the force?
Maybe not, but I must confess that the idea leaves me a bit cold. I don't see much reason for it. I'd rather have just the pc's potential play out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
And yeah, I agree that I’d rather not see planets from the previous KotOR’s. The only planet from KotOR and TSL that I wouldn’t mind seeing again in KotOR III is Nar Shaddaa, but then you’d have to establish a credible reason why you’d go there in the game.

Do you think that Nar Shaddaa would fit into your plot, Jediphile? If so, how? If not, why not?
I suppose it could. I don't see much reason for it, though. Nar Shaddaa is mostly an "ugly city planet"-type of background. I already wanted that for Coruscant, which should not be the ordered, polished capital of the Republic that it is in the movies, seeing as how the jedi have been gone for years, and corruption and crime has set into some areas during their absense.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.

Last edited by Jediphile; 04-01-2007 at 05:37 AM.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #77
RobQel-Droma
Blah
 
RobQel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Up yours. X0
Posts: 2,216
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetheeskimo
Ditto. Like I said before, TSL had too many ruins and lifeless planets. It's much more fun fighting equally-matched humans than slicing your way through hordes of obnoxious creatures that all look the same, don't speak and have no background story.
That is because it was concurrent with TSL's story, which is very lifeless and dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
Iv'e got to disagree, TSL should be left where it is, I was quite disapointed with Obsidians Attempt, Good game but no K1
TSL is part of a series, not an individual game - you can't just leave games in a series behind. Imagine TSL without taking anything from KOTOR.

For the planets....

I don't want to see any wierd Unknown Region planets, unless they are at crucial parts in the story and feel like Rakata Prime. So please no Ziost, Khar whatever, Tython, or anything like that. Don't just visit planets for their cool ruins and because they are the Ancient Sith or Jedi planets. If you do, you're intruding on other stories like the Tales of the Jedi comics, or other of the ancient stuff. KOTOR doesn't take place during that period, so it shouldn't involve it. It's a seperate period by itself.

I wouldn't mind seeing Taris ruins, if it fit in the plot, but not as a full planet. More like Peragus, or just a gateway to another planet like Korriban was meant to be in TSL.

Korriban and Dantooine - these were the core planets in KOTOR and TSL and should not be ignored, so I want them in. However, if they cannot possible fit them into the story in a way that makes sense or simple wastes time with the same old things that were in the other games, that would be OK if they didn't use them. But that should only be true of Korriban, so they should have at least Dantooine in there.

Other than that, no old planets, unless they have a story significance, like Tatooine, or Telos. Lets have some planets we haven't seen before, in keeping with KOTOR tradition - but I would advise against just making planets up, take some lesser known planets in the SW universe and put them in. Make sure they fit into the KOTOR series timeline and story, though.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #78
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
I don't want to see any wierd Unknown Region planets, unless they are at crucial parts in the story and feel like Rakata Prime. So please no Ziost, Khar whatever, Tython, or anything like that. Don't just visit planets for their cool ruins and because they are the Ancient Sith or Jedi planets. If you do, you're intruding on other stories like the Tales of the Jedi comics, or other of the ancient stuff. KOTOR doesn't take place during that period, so it shouldn't involve it. It's a seperate period by itself.
But if the true Sith are the descendents of the Sith Empire, then visiting some of those planets, like Ziost and Khar Shian/Delba, makes a lot sense, since it is probably where Revan has gone. Agreed - certainly don't go there "because they're OMG so cool", but definitely go there if there are plot reasons. That's definitely why I'd like them in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
I wouldn't mind seeing Taris ruins, if it fit in the plot, but not as a full planet. More like Peragus, or just a gateway to another planet like Korriban was meant to be in TSL.
In that case, no thanks. Peragus was terrible enough the first time around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
Korriban and Dantooine - these were the core planets in KOTOR and TSL and should not be ignored, so I want them in. However, if they cannot possible fit them into the story in a way that makes sense or simple wastes time with the same old things that were in the other games, that would be OK if they didn't use them. But that should only be true of Korriban, so they should have at least Dantooine in there.
Analysis: Both planets visited twice in as many games.

Conclusion: Done to death already.

Resolution: Eliminate from subsequent game with extreme prejudice!

Honestly, I might tolerate Korriban, but I fear something wet and smelly will cover both my keyboard and my screen - and not in a good way, either - if I have to set eyes on boring old Dantooine again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
Other than that, no old planets, unless they have a story significance, like Tatooine, or Telos. Lets have some planets we haven't seen before, in keeping with KOTOR tradition - but I would advise against just making planets up, take some lesser known planets in the SW universe and put them in. Make sure they fit into the KOTOR series timeline and story, though.
GAH! Avoid Tatooine like the plague!! For the... it's in every single, bloody movie (except ESB). "Done to death" doesn't even cover it anymore...

For Republic worlds I'd much rather see Coruscant and Alderaan. We haven't seen those in KotOR before.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #79
RobQel-Droma
Blah
 
RobQel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Up yours. X0
Posts: 2,216
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
In that case, no thanks. Peragus was terrible enough the first time around...
I was talking about the size/importance, not about it's plot and gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
But if the true Sith are the descendents of the Sith Empire, then visiting some of those planets, like Ziost and Khar Shian/Delba, makes a lot sense, since it is probably where Revan has gone. Agreed - certainly don't go there "because they're OMG so cool", but definitely go there if there are plot reasons. That's definitely why I'd like them in there.
But I don't want the True Sith in KOTOR III . Besides, it's still infringing on other timeperiods in SW. In fact, having a KOTOR game involving True Sith is very un-KOTOR-like. It's also infringing on other time periods like the ancient Jedi eras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Analysis: Both planets visited twice in as many games.

Conclusion: Done to death already.

Resolution: Eliminate from subsequent game with extreme prejudice!

Honestly, I might tolerate Korriban, but I fear something wet and smelly will cover both my keyboard and my screen - and not in a good way, either - if I have to set eyes on boring old Dantooine again...
But what I said still stands.

And I am talking about doing them in new ways - if they can't do anything new with them, than I would remove them as visitable planets. However, Dantooine and the Jedi Enclave figure in somewhere, as it is the Jedi center of both games (although it was an empty center in TSL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
GAH! Avoid Tatooine like the plague!! For the... it's in every single, bloody movie (except ESB). "Done to death" doesn't even cover it anymore...

For Republic worlds I'd much rather see Coruscant and Alderaan. We haven't seen those in KotOR before.
That's a matter of opinion. Tatooine is a central point of SW, that's why it's in so many games. You could say it is almost the ending and beginning world of Star Wars. That's the only reason why I mentioned; I'm not saying it should necessarily be in there.

Besides, Alderaan would be OK, although I wouldn't want it just on a personal basis; as for Coruscant, KOTOR tends to stay away from the big central worlds in the SW galaxy, staying out in the outer rim worlds. It should stay that way, I think. Anyways, half of the Coruscant people just want it because they showed it in TSL and because it has the "Jedi Temple", nothing big.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #80
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
But I don't want the True Sith in KOTOR III
Well, that's your particular cause. I fear we will not agree there, since TSL ends with a promise of confronting the true Sith in K3 as far as I'm concerned. As much as you dislike that idea, I will insist on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
Besides, it's still infringing on other timeperiods in SW.
This I don't see at all. There is no history on those worlds to "screw up", since all we know of them took place long before the games, and very little at later dates. That makes them fair game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
In fact, having a KOTOR game involving True Sith is very un-KOTOR-like. It's also infringing on other time periods like the ancient Jedi eras.
I don't see how it infringes anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
But what I said still stands.

And I am talking about doing them in new ways - if they can't do anything new with them, than I would remove them as visitable planets. However, Dantooine and the Jedi Enclave figure in somewhere, as it is the Jedi center of both games (although it was an empty center in TSL).
What I have said stills stands as well.

Besides, Dantooine was a center for the jedi in the first game because they needed to keep out of Malak's eye. In the second it is simply where Vrook has fled after the jedi scattered and hid. If there is to be a jedi center in K3, then I think Coruscant makes far more sense than Dantooine, given how few jedi are left. Besides, I don't see the jedi going back to Dantooine shortly, given how the locals think of them. So let Dantooine rest in peace (or is that pieces?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
That's a matter of opinion. Tatooine is a central point of SW, that's why it's in so many games. You could say it is almost the ending and beginning world of Star Wars. That's the only reason why I mentioned; I'm not saying it should necessarily be in there.
That's only because it was the homeworld of both Anakin and Luke. In KotOR Tatooine has no importance at all. Of course it's a matter of opinion, but I'll still feel sick if I see it or Dantooine in K3 AGAIN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
Besides, Alderaan would be OK, although I wouldn't want it just on a personal basis; as for Coruscant, KOTOR tends to stay away from the big central worlds in the SW galaxy, staying out in the outer rim worlds. It should stay that way, I think. Anyways, half of the Coruscant people just want it because they showed it in TSL and because it has the "Jedi Temple", nothing big.
So what? That's still just personal opinion, and I think it's high time KotOR did something with Coruscant. At this point I almost start to wonder if it even exists in this time period, which is not a good thing. It's one thing that the jedi are hiding from Malak on Dantooine, but that such a large percentage of the council is there makes no sense, since it rather defeats the whole purpose of hiding in the first place... As a strategist, Malak may look like a nine-year-old trying to play RISK (and badly), but the jedi masters sure aren't doing awfully much better themselves, I fear...


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.