lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #241
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Rhen Var would be nice. Explore Ulic Qel-Droma's tomb, and pic up some special crystals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian Hawke
Felucia. You know it would have some sweet crystal caves.
That would be pretty cool!

I generally just want a little bit more exploration ability.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #242
el Crawler
Rookie

Here are some I would like.

1. Coruscant
2. Rhen Var
3. Dromund Kaas
4. Vjun has some potential. It used to be home to wealthy families around the time of the Prequels, so who knows how long they've been there? Plus it was part of Sith Space.
5. Chandrila
6. Lehon
7. Trandosha and Kashyyyk. Could lead to interesting interplanetary quests.
8. Malastare.

That's all I can think of for now.
el Crawler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #243
HdVaderII
I am le sad.

Current Game: Dark Forces. Yeah.
Not Coruscant, I don't know if Kotor, or any game, would be able to capture the planet's enormity. I would like a place like sleyheron, *Cheers for Sithspecter* a nicer city planet, but not manann. I hated the fish. I also think that korriban has been way too overused. Find another sithy planet already!!!

Are you one of those poor Macintosh gamers that are in the possession of Empire at War, yet because of the scarcity of Mac players out there you have nobody to play against? If you are, PM me if you want to set up a game.
HdVaderII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 04:33 AM   #244
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I'd want Coruscant for definate, Ziost (alternate Sith planet), Ossus and Dantooine.

And Naboo shouldn't be there - it's not been settled by Humans yet.
Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 05:02 AM   #245
Frankwright
Lurker

As I indicated over in the Revan or Exile or Random other guy thread, my preference is for Revan as the PC, and as such the planets I'd like to see reflect that.

With that in mind, they game would start with Revan's return to the republic - so probably Coruscant, and then a few other planets as Revan works himself toward the True Sith threat - my canon knowledge is not strong, so I'm not 100% sure what those planets would be canonically. I think it would be extremely appropriate to exclude Korriban for gameplay reasons, however (as much as I find the Valley of the Sith appealing, 3 times is too many). Ziost may be a very approriate choice though. Plus maybe another planet for a trip into Revan's past - find out a bit about him before he became a Sith lord.

After that, you'd have the trip to Malachor V and then the unknown regions after that - so probably planets never encountered before.

However, I would be in favour of a 'free roam' style opening. The game begins with Revan's return - so fun and games on Coruscant and then moving on to Ziost as Revan explores the 'True Sith's' history. But all the while have multiple planets available with somewhat irrelevant sidequests - Jedi business, personal business etc. Although the problem then becomes how the game says 'right, time to head for Malachor V' with creating a situation that feels like a replication of the Star Maps is a whole seperate question, which I don't really have an answer to.
Frankwright is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #246
JD-Rom
Rookie

I would want to visit Yavin IV. That would be a great place to find some ancient temples that contain powerful Sith/Krath/Massassi artifacts for me to equip--er, I mean...to donate to science. Yes, science. Yes, give up artifacts that are godlike in power...for the sake of science...

Also, since that place is full of Sith temples, it would be a great place to have a sidequest, finding ancient puzzles, unlocking vaults filled with valuable treasures...[drools]...oh, and since it's filled with Dark side energies, it would be a great place for the player to [embrace the evil energies]/[resist it greatly] and come out more powerful as part of some vision/illusion pseudoquest. (as in it doesn't have a journal entry) That would be awesome.
JD-Rom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #247
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by HdVaderII
Not Coruscant, I don't know if Kotor, or any game, would be able to capture the planet's enormity.
I think it could be done. Taris was done pretty well. It could have used some work, yes, but it was very good. Nar Shaddaa was severely limited by the engine's abilities, but there have been countless improvements in the last few years, it's definitely possible.

And storywise, Coruscant could easily be the Taris or Telos of K3.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 10:49 AM   #248
Corinthian
Banned

Considering the little tidbits of Vong that TSL gave us, I wouldn't be surprised if Zonama Sekot showed up. But planets that I want to see?

Corellia.

I'm sick of these One Environment Planets. You've got Dantooine, which is "Small Town and Grassland" Kashyyyk, which is "Tribal Village with GIGANTIC trees." Korriban which is "Generic Wasteland" Manaan, which is our Water World, Telos, which is I think the closest to an actual varied environment we've seen thus far, Taris, which was another city-world, Peragus which was just a freaking asteroid, Lehon, which was just a jungle, Nar Shaddaa, a SECOND City World, Dxun, which is a forest moon, much like Endor, and finally Onderon, yet ANOTHER City. Of course, the city environment never matters because you STILL shoot and kill people with nary a reaction from the locals unless it's one of a handful of situations where you get Security arriving five seconds after you burn some poor bugger down.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #249
JCarter426

Corellia is number one on my list--before Coruscant even. It has cities, plains, underground tunnels, and a space station in orbit. Who wouldn't want to go there?

Old 04-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #250
Jvstice

JCarter: That's what I've envisioned in a Coruscant planet. At ground levels you've got vagrants, criminals, mutants, and monsters, where higher up you have the Jedi Temple in need of restoration, the upper city filled with droids, humans, and aliens; and the Senate Chambers of the Old Republic in need of purging from corruption.

Corinthian: In the Tales of the Jedi comic they showed more to Onderon than just city, though that's all you see in the game. Pretty much right about the rest of those actually shown though.

TBH, I'd like to see more diverse worlds, but ones with ties to Jedi and / or sith. For instance, in KOTOR 2, we hear that Iridonia wasn't a member world of the republic, when it was attacked by the mandalorians, but the people are portrayed as good and civilized and sympathetic to the jedi of their time.

By the time of Darth Bane: Path of Destruction and Darth Bane: Rule of Two, it's described as being the leading place in the galaxy for training of Sith Marauders. We know nothing else about that world other than it's being inhabited by Zabrak.

But that is a pretty drastic change in world view, and the mandalorian wars don't seem to have been the catalyst that changed the whole outlook of their world. I'd kind of wondered if that were a hint for K3 at the time.

"If force is the game, the murderer wins over the pickpocket." Ayn Rand

"Justice is the midpoint between being treated unjustly, and treating others unjustly." Aristotle
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #251
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvstice
JCarter: That's what I've envisioned in a Coruscant planet. At ground levels you've got vagrants, criminals, mutants, and monsters, where higher up you have the Jedi Temple in need of restoration, the upper city filled with droids, humans, and aliens; and the Senate Chambers of the Old Republic in need of purging from corruption.
Sounds good to me.

Again, I think Coruscant is definitely doable, if they use Taris as a template and expand on it. My only problem with Taris is that it has this...weird feeling to it...kind of hard to explain. It's sort of like...you don't get the feeling that the place is endless, because the space you're in is so obviously confined. I didn't get this feeling from Nar Shaddaa in JK1, or from Coruscant in JK3, but Nar Shaddaa had the problem in K2 and in JK2.

Quote:
In the Tales of the Jedi comic they showed more to Onderon than just city, though that's all you see in the game.
The rest of Onderon is basically the same as Dxun, so you kind of do get that in K2.

But this is a recurring problem in both games; BioWare even used it as a plot device in K1. I think they've done this to ensure that each planet is unique, but it gets really old after a while. Plus, it makes me suspend my disbelief too much

Amd this isn't just limited to the KOTOR games; Star Wars in general has too many of these types of worlds, one of the reasons I despise Tatooine and Hoth so much.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #252
Corinthian
Banned

Tatooine and Hoth wouldn't be so bad if they weren't beaten to death in every Star Wars game made. I don't think I've yet SEEN one that didn't have one of those two appearing, or oftentimes both.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #253
JCarter426

JK1, MOTS, JK2.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #254
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
MOTS had a desert planet with tuskens in it.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #255
JCarter426

Eh? No it doesn't...

Old 04-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #256
luckyariot
Rookie

Still... unless we see a completely new cool side if it, I agree that Tatooine is out. If you're dying for a desert, try Korriban. And this time don't mess it up! (Damn cuts...)
luckyariot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #257
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
It's the first mission where you play as Mara Jade, Cart.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

Old 04-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #258
JCarter426

That's not Tatooine. It's not desert, either...it has lots of grass.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:35 PM   #259
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

The planets I would like to see are: Corellia, Coruscant, Yavin IV, Korriban (again), Dantoonie, Telos, Taris, and one or three others, depending on things. But not too many, though.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2008, 08:56 AM   #260
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
That's not Tatooine.
It doesn't need to be. The point is that it's a rip-off.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #261
JCarter426

I've never seen any grass on Tatooine.

Anyway, regarding planets in K3...

Fewer is better. The game only needs about five--one for the opening act, one for the final act, and three for the middle. Planets like Corellia, Ord Mantell, and Coruscant could easily be about 1.5 to 2 times the size of Kashyyyk or Dantooine.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #262
Soogz
Forumite

Current Game: Fifa 09
I really want them to bring back Manaan. That was my favorite world in K1. I would like to see Ord Mantell as well. They could do some neat stuff with that. I think a big addition would be Mandalore (the planet). I think it would be cool to explore it, like as discovering what happened in the past and stuff. Other than that I am pretty much open to what planets are in it. As long as the game flows, I am cool with anything.

Soogz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #263
selty
Rookie

I personally adored Nar Shaddaa, it was so dank and corrupt yet full of so many fun quests and cool people. I felt like I was playing it cool in Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines ^__^

I would love to have more performance quests, undercover quests. C'mon, they are so much fun!
selty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #264
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I don't think there's any way of getting around having Korriban in K3, and I'm fine with that because it was my favorite planet in both K1 and K2. I'd love to see Coruscant in some forum in K3.
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #265
sarpedon2
Rookie

Some of the planets I really want to see:

Korriban: Flashback mission where Revan drives away the Sith during his quest for the star maps with Malak. Present day mission

Malachor V: Flashback when Revan first walks on the surface. He could fight force ghosts.

Ziost: Gotta have this world. True-Sith might have a base here.

Sleyheron: This would be a fun location. I thought of a Dark Side climax, where you as a new character could duel Revan here. Basically you turned to the Darkside and you've killed the Exile and Revan loses it and tries to kill you. To make sure you never win, he placed a thought bomb on the planet to detonate either at the exact moment of his death or after leaving you for dead.

Coruscant: Revan would have to go here to tell the council of the "True Sith".

And thats all I can think of at this point.
sarpedon2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #266
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

I would like to see:

Corescant: Like almost everybody else I think it's a must for K3.

Dathomir: Rancor riding force witches...now they would be worthy opponents.

Zoist: for reasons already stated.

M4-78: Finish this damn HK series mystery already.

Mon Calamari: Watery and beautiful like Manaan. But fewer laws and absolutly NO Selkath. Like a more exciting Manaan.

As to Korriban, I was my favorite in K1 but not TSL. I wannt it back but only if ther is some life to it this time.

~HOP

Viva La Resistance!
HIGH ON PIE 14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #267
Darth Hord
Rookie

I want to see some more darkside worlds like Ambria, Thule and Zoist. I wouldn't mind the Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban again if you could explore different parts to the valley and different tombs not in the kotor games already
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2008, 01:24 AM   #268
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soogz View Post
I really want them to bring back Manaan. That was my favorite world in K1. I would like to see Ord Mantell as well. They could do some neat stuff with that. I think a big addition would be Mandalore (the planet). I think it would be cool to explore it, like as discovering what happened in the past and stuff. Other than that I am pretty much open to what planets are in it. As long as the game flows, I am cool with anything.
A Mandalorian planet might be pretty fun to go to, thinking about it. I mean, the Republic was at war with them. Or was that the Sith...Yeah I think it might have been the Sith. I guess I'm just tired...

I guess that you could say that the possiblities are 'endless' in this thread.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2008, 06:59 AM   #269
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH ON PIE 14 View Post
M4-78: Finish this damn HK series mystery already.
Eh...M4-78 had nothing to do with the HKs...at all.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:41 AM   #270
Darth Kruhl
Rookie

to let everyone know, there is a Coruscant mod for kotor 2 on filefront. It is of the Jedi Temple. Since i don't have kotor 2, k can only gauge it by the screenshots. Here's the link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...i_Temple;76316

The sith will rise again
Darth Kruhl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 03:04 AM   #271
darthclydefrog
Rookie

What about a planet where something like this, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cult_of_Varn, can happen as an optional side quest.
darthclydefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2008, 01:11 AM   #272
cire992

Darth Hord mentioned something interesting up there. I hadn't stop to think yet that ther will probably be a lot of contrasting worlds, light vs dark (alliance vs horde, that's WoW, right?). Thule, Ambria, Korriban etc. (probably too early on for something like Ruusan) would be neat for your sith characters.

Personally, Manaan is my favorite KOTOR world... uh, lots of water.
cire992 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2008, 12:49 AM   #273
RyuuKage

yeah, no Hoth, Tatooine, or Endor. come on, these backwaters shouldn't be used so often, the only significance they had was to the movies, not to the galaxy at large!
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?