lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-12-2007, 04:01 AM   #121
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
Did you kill it or just avoid it?
I died horribly and quickly. And since my frustration level was a tad high because I had absolutely no idea what to do and didn't feel like running around like a maniac for 3 or 5 minutes or whatever the countdown is, I decided to save that battle for the next day. Of course, then I was an idiot and visited the Senate because I didn't have enough masochism in my diet today, apparently. What can I say, other than I'll return to the game and hopefully beat the darn thing sometime this century.

I must say the devs were very accommodating putting all those blood-dolls in Hollowbrook hotel. The flamethrower is sweet, though I did notice the devs also left you some handy torches to use on Andrei if you so chose.

Quote:
You can kill it by crushing it with the telescope dome doors. There is a control panel on the platform where you can close the door just as the werewolf passes through it. You'll need to turn on the power outside with the breaker on the small shed first though.
This is one of the very few times where I've been really tempted to use god-mode just to learn the mechanics of getting through that battle without dying 30 million times, and then go back and replay it the 'official' way.
Quote:
Requires some maneuvering to make the werewolf follow you in through the dome doors though.
Wolf-whistles don't work, eh?

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2007, 04:33 AM   #122
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Did you kill it or just avoid it? You can kill it by crushing it with the telescope dome doors. There is a control panel on the platform where you can close the door just as the werewolf passes through it. You'll need to turn on the power outside with the breaker on the small shed first though.
You're kidding me? I finished the game with every clan and didn't know that???? I can't believe it!!!

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #123
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Well, I tried to catch the werewolf in the door and failed. When all else fails, there's God mode....
I've sided with
spoiler:
Strauss because I'm a little ticked off that LaCroix called a blood hunt on me....of course now this means I have to fight the Sheriff on top of Ming.
I'm working my way through the Chinatown temple right now.

Oh, the lever thing--on the right side is that little rod for you to push to move the bar off the door. Face the rod instead of the door (your left shoulder will be against the door). Push E, and then push W at the same time. It could be that you only have to push E and then W instead of both, but this is what worked for me. You should be walking forward now, pushing the bar. Once it's out of the way enough, the door will be unlocked. I might actually make it through the rest of the game today.
And here's a thread on gamebanshee about the problem.

Here's a good walkthrough by vampyri_lestat, and gamebanshee has a decent one, too. lestat's guide has some powerbuilding tips. I didn't know you could sell a book and then buy it twice to boost your stats instead of using it just once. I'll have to remember that for next game.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 04-12-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #124
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
There's really no solution to the door thing except saving and reloading. I was just about to try the noclip when the door decided to work. Heck, maybe just enabling the console was enough to scare the door unstuck.
spoiler:
I took the same path that you're taking because hey I'm a Tremere and Max is my main man. He doesn't seem to treat me any more special though aside from letting me shack up in the Chantry. Which, by the way, is elegant... but because it's in an Elysium area, you can't feed on Heather.
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #125
Jae Onasi

I found the 3Dgamer site a little frustrating to use for d/ling the 3.5 patch (Hey, we can let you d/l the patch for free! Oh, wait--1 server's too busy and the other lost the file! But, we'll let you d/l it for 10 bucks for a year membership!!--No, thanks).
worthdownloading VtM page has the 3.5 patch, along with 1.2 official patch and unofficial patches 2.8 thru 3.4 in case you don't want everything in 3.5. The 3.5 patch is 185.4 MB.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 PM   #126
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
There's really no solution to the door thing except saving and reloading. I was just about to try the noclip when the door decided to work. Heck, maybe just enabling the console was enough to scare the door unstuck.
spoiler:
I took the same path that you're taking because hey I'm a Tremere and Max is my main man. He doesn't seem to treat me any more special though aside from letting me shack up in the Chantry. Which, by the way, is elegant... but because it's in an Elysium area, you can't feed on Heather.
You didn't get
spoiler:
Skyline Apartments #4 from LaCroix?

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2007, 11:14 PM   #127
Jae Onasi

@jmac--we're talking about the bar that is in the waterwheel room in Ming's temple.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #128
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
You didn't get
spoiler:
Skyline Apartments #4 from LaCroix?
You don`t get that if you`re playing a Tremere or Nosferatu (or was it Gangrel?) or if you piss-off Lacroix (which I did all the time ).
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2007, 11:46 PM   #129
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
@jmac--we're talking about the bar that is in the waterwheel room in Ming's temple.
DId you not read the spoiler in tk's post?

@D333-
:/

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Old 04-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #130
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I didn't know you could sell a book and then buy it twice to boost your stats instead of using it just once. I'll have to remember that for next game.
You have to be careful because you could inadvertently screw yourself out of some free ability/skill points. Most of the books will do a check before giving you the point, so if you sell/buy an extra point, your skill might be too high to get another freebie later on. Hope that helps.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2007, 02:20 AM   #131
Jae Onasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
DId you not read the spoiler in tk's post?
/
I thought you were replying to the non-spoiler part.

OK, idiot patch question--you just extract the files into the
program files\activision\Vampire-Bloodlines\Vampire file, right? The instructions in the readme are not as clear to my relatively n00bish self, or I'm making it harder than it needs to be. I was hoping not to have to manually put 7k files into their specific subfolders.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:49 AM   #132
oldflash
Veteran

Current Game: SWtOR
Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
I found the 3Dgamer site a little frustrating to use for d/ling the 3.5 patch (Hey, we can let you d/l the patch for free! Oh, wait--1 server's too busy and the other lost the file! But, we'll let you d/l it for 10 bucks for a year membership!!--No, thanks).
worthdownloading VtM page has the 3.5 patch, along with 1.2 official patch and unofficial patches 2.8 thru 3.4 in case you don't want everything in 3.5. The 3.5 patch is 185.4 MB.
I dl that patch from filefront and it was a somehow faster than worthdownloading. Thanks to stoffe we have a changelog so we can choise what patch we want.
Win XP can open zip files and you will see a directory called "vampire". Take that and drop into program files\activision\Vampire-Bloodlines\ directory (folder). To check if the patch is installed right start a new game (any vamp clan) and first thing when you have control call for console, use "giftxp 500", spend all points then talk to jack. That should trigger a new lines in dialog. And a disable console side effect. (do this at your own risk!)
Also, is anyone who's finish the game using patch v3.5? I don't like the idea to get stuck somewhere in game (I already got 2 times "AI-disable" error message). Also I really like to use that patch.
spoiler:
getting replica katana in Santa Monica is a good thing for me
oldflash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #133
Jae Onasi

I'm d/l'd the 3.5 patch and I seemed to have put it in the right spot since I got histories enabled when I started up a new game. I got an AI-disable message in Gimble's office, but it didn't do anything to game play, so I don't know how significant it is.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:55 AM   #134
oldflash
Veteran

Current Game: SWtOR
Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
I'm d/l'd the 3.5 patch and I seemed to have put it in the right spot since I got histories enabled when I started up a new game. I got an AI-disable message in Gimble's office, but it didn't do anything to game play, so I don't know how significant it is.
That was first message and the only effect I know is that the dialog doesn't start automaticaly. I forgot where was the second.
I suppose you already finish first play so what clan did you pick now?
sample of malkavian dialog
oldflash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2007, 09:42 PM   #135
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldflash
That was first message and the only effect I know is that the dialog doesn't start automaticaly. I forgot where was the second.
I suppose you already finish first play so what clan did you pick now?
sample of malkavian dialog
Heh, the Malkavians are definitely my favorite just because of the dialog lines they get.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #136
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Just beat the game for the first time last night and boy, was it fun.

spoiler:
I sided with the anarchs and at the end, told LaCroix to go smurf himself after he set me up and tried to Dominate the sarcophagus key out of me. Then I left it on the floor after I slit his throat and kneed him in the nads. He crawls over and opens it and discovers the little present Jack left him. I about laughed my head off when I saw it.

Playing through a second time as a Malkavian.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2007, 07:04 PM   #137
Jae Onasi

Niner--if you haven't started too far--chose a female--the light leather outfit I picked up in Hollywood at the Red Spot is hilarious. Also, pick the dementation choices. The one with Samantha (the human girl who thinks you're still alive when you first get to Hollywood) and your dement choice about a pet turtle had me rolling laughing.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #138
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Think il tryed the game three times, all times i stoped play when i got to China Town. It was to long loading times, and way to many of them, and i dont know if i played unpatched and they fixed this problem or if it was just my computer that was crazy but all my controlls frezzed and the characther just runned or jumped or fight or whatever i was doing when the frezze starded. But the story was good, and the RPG aspects was good, but i had way to many other problems/bugs to enjoy the game for to long
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2007, 02:22 AM   #139
Jae Onasi

The walkthrough by vampyri_lestat explains how to turn off the autosave function. I did notice an increase in load times as I progressed in the game, too. The Planet Vampire Bloodlines tech support may have some help for your problems.

I've had such a good time playing this game I wondered if anyone might be interested in the PnP version. I'm not sure how feasible it is to do online or in the chatbox/IRC, but it might be doable.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 04-28-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:35 AM   #140
tk102

Weird. Life imitating art:
Fire At Griffith Park, threatens observatory
Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 AM   #141
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Very very weird.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #142
Jae Onasi

Wonder if we'll find Nines there? I wouldn't mind a little more of him.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:00 PM   #143
DreadWizardDM
Rookie

VTM Bloodlines is one of the best games made, the level of detail is staggering. I have beaten this game 4 times. I give it a 5 star rating, there are also some really cool mods out there for it.
DreadWizardDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2007, 02:00 AM   #144
zinervadonella
Rookie

Quote:
The walkthrough by vampyri_lestat explains how to turn off the autosave function. I did notice an increase in load times as I progressed in the game, too. The Planet Vampire Bloodlines tech support may have some help for your problems.
There are only two ways to fix the load times of this game. Most of the solutions on planet vampire won't work for most people. The only two that work are to set your windows scratch disk to a separate physical drive on a separate IDE or sata channel than the drive VtM:B is installed on and fix the size to twice your physical RAM, and also to give it at least 1gb of physical ram in xp or 2gb ram in vista. The areas in this game are large and highly detailed, and in most systems the game has to load most of it's data to the windows scratch disk rather than into ram, hence extreme lag in load times. While VALVE did fix this problem in SOURCE, Activision only authorized the 1.2 patch for VtM:B,which did not include this fix. Hope this helps anyone trying to eliminate the 3 minute load times found in some of the later levels.

Quote:
I've had such a good time playing this game I wondered if anyone might be interested in the PnP version. I'm not sure how feasible it is to do online or in the chatbox/IRC, but it might be doable.
White Wolf no longer publishes Vampire the Masquerade. It has been replaced by Vampire the Requiem, which is still World of Darkness, so it is mostly the same. Check out the introductory rule set at http://www.white-wolf.com/downloads.php?category_id=15 so you can decide how feasible it would be to play by IRC.
zinervadonella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #145
Jae Onasi

This might help some, along with zinervadonella's suggestions (and I have a feeling a lot of us wouldn't know how to accomplish what you suggested, though--you might need to give more detailed instructions for us non-techy-types). I haven't tried them, because I finally have a computer with good graphics and I wanted to play the game with those maxed out. It does look cool.

My save times, while noticeably increasing in Chinatown, didn't approach anything close to 3 minutes, thank goodness, but I have 2 GB of Ram on my laptop so that likely was a big factor in keeping the times down. I keep autosave on and live with the lag myself since it saved my butt more than once.

Quote:
1.Enable the console. To do this, right-click on the game shortcut and choose
properties.Then add the " -console" command (without the quotes) where it
says "target" , so it will look something like this:
"c:\...\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire.exe" -console
You can then push the "~" key while in the menu to bring down the console
and add your commands there if you like, though I would recommend you to edit
the config files as I say below and not add manually the commands each time.
The in-game console should be used mostly for testing.

2.The game needs a page file of at least 1.5GB. If you have 1GB of RAM or
higher your page file will probably be just right, If you have lower than
1GB of RAM you should change it to at least 1.5GB.To change the page file go
to : properties-> advanced-> performance-> settings-> advanced-> virtual
memory-> change.

3.To make the game manage the memory better you need to add the command:
[ -heapsize xxxxxx] to your game shortcut.
Where xxxxx stands for half of your current ram in kb. So if you currently
have 1GB of ram you should put : 512000
Open the properties of the shortcut and add the command so that it looks like
this: "C:\...\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire.exe" -console -heapsize 500000

4.GO to : [installation folder]...\Vampire\cfg\ and you'll find the config.cfg
file. Open it using notepad and change the following commands to:

particles_enable_precipitation "0" [to disable the rain]
dsp_dist_max "440" [to lower distance of object render]
muzzleflash_light "0" [disables a smooth lighting effect]
cl_showfps 1 [shows fps]

5.Your next step is to create an autoexec file in the same folder as the
config.cfg to add some more useful commands.All you have to do is open
notepad , type the commands and save it as autoexec.cfg (beware not
autoexec.cfg.txt !). The game will automatically find the autoexec.cfg file
and run it.So the commands are the following:

autosave_on "0" [disables autosave and speeds up loading time]
cl_smooth "0" [disables a smoothing texture effect]
mat_drawwater "0" [disables water animation]
r_3dsky "0" [gets rid of sky animation and upper buildings]
cl_obfuscate_daylight "0" [Obfuscate discipline runs much better]

Note: IMO the 3 first commands in the config file and the disabling of the
autosave are a must. Also if your character has the Obfuscate discipline,
you should put in the above command also.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:21 AM   #146
Janan Pacha
Rookie

It's a highly entertaining choice (Malks I mean), I believe the Malkavian and the Nosferatu "should" have the most unique gameplay experiences, though, for different reasons. And it didn't necessarily come through in the actual game, especially in the Nosferatu aspect.

The Tremere are actually another good one. My first three choices, in order were Malkavian, Tremere, and then Nosferatu. All three are well worth playing.

And, I must say, Malk's rule. Have an argument with a stop sign. Talk weird (sometimes I had no clue what my character was saying, but it was hilarious). And drive people insane.

Nothing in the game beats Bedlam for sheer random laughs.

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all. - Oscar Wilde
Janan Pacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #147
Crahsystor
Rookie

Well I've seen this game at the local PC store, but its quite expensive - roughly two times the price of kotor 2.
I don't have anything against WoD, but I'm no big fan either. Therefore I was wondering if the game is really worth all that cash.

And before anyone suggests it - no I'm not gonna download illegal software. Let others suffer at the mountain of knives

There is no emotion, yet everything suffers.
There is no ignorance, yet the wise are few.
There is no passion, yet it drives us.
There is no chaos, yet there is entropy.
There is no death, yet I kill.
Crahsystor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #148
tk102

@Crahsystor: I guess it depends on how much you value having cash vs. having a PC game that is markedly different from most RPGs out there. You can see this thread has run for 4 pages now after all of us jumped on the VtM bandwagon, so you can tell what we think about it. I think if the idea of playing a powerful vampire in a dark, modern underworld intrigues you at all, you will *not* be disappointed with this game. If you are easily offended by blood/gore, bad language, and other M-rated aspects, you might want to steer clear.

There's plenty of replay value in this game too with different powers and allegiances. Lots of dialog options and plenty of combat. So you'll get good bang for your buck in that regard.

Edit: And great soundtrack!

Last edited by tk102; 08-09-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:33 AM   #149
Jae Onasi

Definitely worth the cost. I love the game, working on my second playthrough. You can pick it up off Steam and other download sites for about $20, and I imagine some of the retail sites have it for a reasonable price. I picked mine up off Amazon for $29 but I noticed the price has gone up substantially--I suspect with all the traffic stoffe drove their way, they thought they'd up the price.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #150
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Have installed the game for like the fifth time now, and this time im gonna finish it ^^

The cause i havent done it before is that my comp have been acting really weird when i played it, with like 3min load times and some other bugs, but now i have got a new computer and it runs smoth.

Im playing as a Malkavian and are at Hollywood, but now to my question. I read somewhere that there is a mod that do so you activate more of the Malkavians "whispers", and i wonder if anyone here know where i can get it. The mod should activate whispers more often

Edit: Found it
Old 08-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #151
Jae Onasi

Would you mind posting where you found it? I wouldn't mind checking that out myself.

Also, see up a few posts to 145 to decrease loading times--the load times do increase as you get farther into the game.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #152
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Well the problem with the loading time i had before, they were like that long from the like the begining, and when i got to Downtown/Hoolywood it wasnt playable anymore. But since i got my new comp it works fine

And here is the mod http://paine.planetvampire.gamespy.c...op=view&id=433, it's like a background whisper when you are running around, il really feel like my Malkavian is a little more crazy now, then it was before
Old 09-26-2007, 02:48 AM   #153
Jae Onasi

Unofficial patch 4.2 is up at filefront. Planet Vampire has a description of what it does (it includes all previous patches):
Quote:
Made Tawni quest show failure at once and added Tourette condition.
Reconstructed Bertram's pc and incooperated text of unused emails.
Added inaccessible Blood Heal and Blood Buff infos to loading tips.
Restored over twenty unused lines for several NPCs, thanks to mzz.
Translated russian words and fixed Boris' and Chunk's fight scenes.
Updated BSPEdit tool and fixed laser beams, thanks to RobinHood70.
Made Milligan leave after Intimidation and Pisha react accordingly.

Fixed clipping and blocking Venture Tower debris, thanks to MooCHa.
Removed last respawning at Giovanni mansion and alert state error.
Corrected clerk adressing women "Sir" and some badly placed decals.
Repaired possible syntax issues for many dialogues, thanks to mzz.
Corrected Mitnick's position, some subtitles and more text details.
Made SM blueblood stay dead and cop cars on pier vanish correctly.
Fixed some dialogue problems of Knox, Skelter, LaCroix and Heather.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:18 PM   #154
Corinthian
Banned

Incidentally, if you like this game, you might also like Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. It's by the same developer, Troika.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2007, 08:34 AM   #155
GameGeeks
Rookie

tryed the origional Arcanum game and didn't like it loved both masqurades though (the first was alot harder so it took me a while) also anyone else use the PnP patch that adds nearly all the clans?

GameGeeks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2008, 05:27 AM   #156
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
The unofficial 5.3 patch is up, by the way. You can grab the patch here.

The changes made are as follows:
Quote:
v5.3 15.05.2008
----
  • Tweaked new stealth rules and made rating visible at Tawni's place.
  • Made first person view melee fighting possible, thanks to Offkorn.
  • Restored plus conditions for hg firearms, computer and dodge books.
  • Made braid raise perception and improved Fu Syndicate test timing.
  • Fixed blood return and purge and added xp for hacking freezer code.
  • Removed warehouse bum before cutscene and made tubes not sellable.
  • Added some idle expressions to Gimble and Jack during the tutorial.
  • Fixed minor dialogue bugs, a Dane computer issue and version info.
  • Restored Jeanette scene for females and Larry's quest for everyone.
  • Prevented surplus CD quest email and corrected Maria dress detail.
  • Fixed Beckett's scholarship bonus and Pearl item, thanks to MooCHa.
  • Removed Tzimisce creation burning death and an Empire door handle.
  • Fixed occasion of Yukie not getting her sword and minor map issues.
  • Corrected looping conversation and look-through duct at warehouse.
  • Restored beach house inspection and changed Eldritch Prodigy bonus.
  • Corrected wrong newspaper icons and restored valve and oven icons.
  • Replaced sky at the Ocean House hotel to get rid of oversized moon.

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2008, 06:12 AM   #157
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlos
The unofficial 5.3 patch is up, by the way. You can grab the patch here.

Anyone know if there are any unofficial patches that just fixes bugs, while leaving the game dynamics unchanged? I'm a bit reluctant to use these unofficial patches since they mess with so many other things, some which I don't agree with.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #158
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Yeah, there is. It's called "True Unofficial Patch", think there are at version 5 or something and thats there final version. And i fully agree with you Stoffe, they change to much and add thing how they want it to be. Is that really what you call a patch ? I wouldent call it that atleast
Old 05-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #159
Acleacius

Stoffe, the Unofficial Patch includes 2 patches in it's download. One is called Basic which is only fixes and the second is called Plus which activates unused content and fixes serious unbalanced issues Troika obviously didn't have time to implement and fix. The Read-me includes a list of changes for each of the patches.

Right Lantzen, that's the people that stole all the work the Unofficial Patch Team and put it into *their own patch* without asking permission or giving credit. Then to confuse the Bloodline community and fans they started using the Unofficial Patch Team numbering system to undermine the real work being done to fix the game.

Personally I would never use the patch listed by Lantzen since this patch was done out of spite for the community, stealing work and not even giving credit for the stolen work. They constantly tried to undermine the work of the Unofficial Patch team. The UOP team goes out of it's way to support the community offering a forum for feedback about potential changes and how to implement them.

To me stealing other modders work and showboating out of arrogance is destructive to the community and not worth supporting.
Acleacius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2008, 06:53 AM   #160
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Source

VtM: Bloodlines (from the late developer Troika) has been patched by fans up to v5.4. You can grab the patch here.

Quote:
  • Repaired braid perception powerup and Yukie and VV dialogue issues.
  • Restored third person melee and included alternate files in tools.
  • Corrected minor dialogue and map details and two item descriptions.
  • Swapped tape messages at Grout's Mansion and fixed clipping ghoul.
  • Restored Toreador humanity xp bonus and burning Tzimisce creations.
  • Added many expressions towards Nosferatu and adjusted some others.
  • Fixed missing Patty quest update and a possible Boris and Dema bug.
  • Repaired warehouse bum leaving and Romero fun sound playing again.
  • Fixed Dane crane switch directions and removed Venture window taxi.
  • Removed Misti freebie for Nosferatu and added a Sweeper reference.
  • Changed sound for dead body container and some npctemplate genders.
  • Added short-time bar replacement for Venus in case you killed her.
  • Made Glaze monitor turn off earlier and fixed Zhao death reference.
  • Moved Kamikaze Zen vent exit into a back alley to make more sense.
  • Corrected wrong observatory manhole sound and many bad drop sounds.
  • Placed females at the Blood Hunt and restored Heather clothes fix.
  • Corrected a TBO sign typo and male Tremere model, thanks to MooCHa.
  • Fixed Prodigy history not being available and Dane computer issue.
  • Corrected contradiction of Wong Ho newscaster and newspaper report.
  • Fixed Pestilence for bosses and visible taxi TV icon and triggers.
  • Restored netcafe headrunner sequence and a Giovanni guard sentence.
  • Corrected Skelter/Patty issues and removed wrong gestures of Jack.
  • Restored unused Daniel Ash - Come Alive song into the Empire hotel.
  • Added TV sound to Nosferatu haven and made Sweeper defend himself.
What fun!

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)