lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jade Empire modding (see first post for info summary)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-25-2007, 08:38 AM   #81
Alkonium

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aash Li
Id like to have Stoffe's skin of her too.
Come to think of it, so would I. I mainly play as a customised (stat-wise, not appearance-wise) Tiger Shen, but that skin might give me a reason to play as Radiant Jen Zi.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #82
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonium
Come to think of it, so would I. I mainly play as a customised (stat-wise, not appearance-wise) Tiger Shen, but that skin might give me a reason to play as Radiant Jen Zi.
I've uploaded the reskinned textures here if you want it. Unpack the files and put them in the override folder. Remove any files with the same name with an .TXB extension found in the override folder, otherwise the game will not use the modded textures.

Last edited by stoffe; 07-26-2007 at 05:42 PM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #83
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Current Game: LotRO, EQ2 & RoM
Hot Topic Starter 
How do you rotate the camera around so you can see your chara? I cant seem to zoom in or anything. >_>
Aash Li is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2007, 06:22 AM   #84
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aash Li
How do you rotate the camera around so you can see your chara? I cant seem to zoom in or anything. >_>
As far as I know there is no "Vanity Mode" in Jade Empire, unfortunately.

It can be partially faked, somewhat, in combat mode by pressing and holding the Block key, since this will allow you to rotate the camera around your character with the mouse. If you do this long enough it sometimes gets stuck in that camera angle when you release the block key until you attack or move, allowing you a look at your character in the normal combat stance as well.

This, along with screenshots from dialogs/cutscenes is what I've used to make screenshots of my characters so far. It might be possible to make a mod that allows you to put your character into cutscene mode at will and pick a camera angle, though I haven't looked into how the game allows camera movement yet to be sure.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:40 AM   #85
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Hot Topic Starter 
I think its rather stupid that teh console game allows it, but the pc version doesnt... whats the point of having it on the console version? Is there screenshot abilities on that, that I dont know of?

Where do you get the skin for Scholar Ling's face? I found her clothes, but not her...

Also, the clothing mod for your character isnt working for me, for some reason. O.o The head reskin does, but thats it...

Last edited by Aash Li; 06-27-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #86
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Hot Topic Starter 

Drow! haha... anyone know where the body textures are found? :3

Guess Ill have to play the game through once before I can play as an npc I like better.... heh

Last edited by Aash Li; 06-28-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:31 AM   #87
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Heya...finished the game yesterday, but something felt...wrong...

In the Kotor games, you could freely choose where to go. In JE, It bothered me that you had to do this 'major' quest for a ship, when you can only visit 2 places with it.
Also, I felt like I was being pushed in the right direction by the game.

I'm seriously sorry for buying the game...I just don't like it somehow...

Anyone else feel this way? Or am I doing something wrong?

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2007, 06:05 AM   #88
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker
In the Kotor games, you could freely choose where to go.
Well, freely might be stretching it a bit. The beginning and end acts of both KOTOR games are quite linear with the freedom to choose where to go and what order to do things only being present in the middle "find the four plot items" act.

(Which, on a tangent, seems to be a popular theme for the roaming part in RPGs as of late... "Find the four waterdhavian creatures" and "find the four words of power" in Neverwinter Nights, "find the four star maps" in KOTOR and "find the four jedi masters" in TSL. )

Quote:
In JE, It bothered me that you had to do this 'major' quest for a ship, when you can only visit 2 places with it.
Four places (Tien's landing, Imperial City, Palace, Dirge), though you also have Kang's line of quests involving Lord Lao's furnace and all the shooter mini games to go with it. Jade Empire isn't much of a galaxy hopping game where you need to go around a lot.

Quote:
Also, I felt like I was being pushed in the right direction by the game.
Jade Empire is a fairly story intensive games that, while it has side quests, mainly focuses on following the main plot. It's not an Oblivion type game with 250+ hours of roaming around exploring the countryside doing things at your leisure. It wasn't a very long game, but that didn't bother me much since I have so many other games that take forever to get though so some variety was nice. Over all I thought it was worth buying and playing though a few times.

Quote:
Anyone else feel this way? Or am I doing something wrong?
I thought it was a good game with an interesting plot and fun characters with plenty of Bioware style humor and a combat system that made you feel more involved in the fights rather than like watching an interactive cutscene like the KOTOR games sometimes feel. But it's a matter of taste, so you are of course equally entitled not to like it.

Last edited by stoffe; 07-10-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:57 AM   #89
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
Four places (Tien's landing, Imperial City, Palace, Dirge), though you also have Kang's line of quests involving Lord Lao's furnace and all the shooter mini games to go with it. Jade Empire isn't much of a galaxy hopping game where you need to go around a lot.
4 Places? I made a little mistake then. I thought I could never return again after going to the Imperial Palace the frist time....
One more thing: How did you guys play your character? I ended up with using only 4 styles (out of efficiency): -Thousand Cuts -Longsword -Jade Golem -Spirit Thief.
I ened up like...a Jedi Sentinel from Kotor. Is it worthwile (and balanced) to play a full-Melee or a full-Magic character?

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2007, 09:01 PM   #90
Alkonium

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Hmm, I hope I'm not going out of line by asking this, but since BioWare's rather slow on the patch, what are the odds of user-made bug fixes for this game?

Old 07-23-2007, 09:38 PM   #91
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Assassin's Creed 4
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
I'd say very good as long as they don't involve .bik movie files or models.

What bugs need fixing?
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 PM   #92
Alkonium

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
I'd say very good as long as they don't involve .bik movie files or models.

What bugs need fixing?
I'm pretty sure most, if not all of the bugs in the game are scripting errors.
Well, the ones I've encountered are the issue with the first pirates you see on Gao the Greater's island not turning hostile when they should, combat going buggy after killing one of the two imperial soldiers who attack you after the first bit of flirting with Silk Fox, and the infamous combat glitch involving Sir Roderick.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #93
tk102

The Jade Empire Save Game Format (.sac) is exceptionally simple:
Code:
32 bit (n)   Number of GFF files in this .sac
-------------
begin GFF list
-------------
32 bit (x)  Number of bytes the GFF filename including null
x*chars     Filename including null termination
32 bit (y)  Size of GFF
y*bytes     GFF formatted file

(repeat n times)
The last GFF file in the GFF List is called save.sav and contains all the player related information. The other GFF files appear to be area/module information.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:43 PM   #94
sekan

Is it just me or can you walk through walking people?

[size=1] My mods | My webiste
Are you trying to foooooool me?
sekan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #95
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekan
Is it just me or can you walk through walking people?
You can, since the random nameless people roaming around who you can't select aren't technically NPCs, they are a special "crowd" object that runs a number of dummy people who move around to make the area seem busy.

Since they aren't NPC/creature objects but rather just visual effects they have no collision detection or pathfinding. As such they are unaware of your presence, and you can walk right through them.

I guess things are made this way to reduce the load on the game engine. Pathfinding and AI are quite expensive for processing.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #96
sekan

Okey... Is there some way to turn them into npcs?

Old 07-26-2007, 02:22 PM   #97
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Okey... Is there some way to turn them into npcs?
Well, you could remove the crowd object and put an equal number of NPC objects into the area, place waypoints where they are supposed to walk and assign them custom AI scripts that make them patrol the waypoints, fake entering buildings etc.

A lot of work for no obvious gain, IMO, unless you plan to use those NPCs for something else than decoration and ambience. This will lead to the game slowing to a crawl whenever you are in populated areas, and being able to select all the nobodies, making it harder to locate the NPCs that actually have something to say.

There is a reason why the crowd objects where introduced into the game engine after all. The Aurora engine is awful at handling large amounts of NPCs moving about in an area without killing performance due to (among other things) poor pathfinding and an inefficient (for the task) scripting system.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #98
sekan

If it's so much work then i wont do it Stoffe is there a spawn script for JE?

Old 07-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #99
Mindtwistah

Is there a modding site with JE mods?

Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2007, 05:12 AM   #100
tk102

Jade Empire Savegame Editor v0.6 released

I've uploaded the initial release of a savegame editor for Jade Empire. See the first post of this thread for the download link.

Edit: I've also uploaded SAC Utils to extract/pack the the save.sac file just in case anyone wants to try low level tweaking of their savegames with K-GFF.

Edit: v0.2 released: Fixed Appearance behavior -- now shows list and found an extra field in the GFF that needed to be tweaked to get the changes to stick.

Edit: v0.3 released: Added Weapons, Plot Items, Flyer Improvements, Techniques, Amulet, Gems nodes. Also added ability to Add/Remove Styles and the aforementioned elements

Edit: v0.4 released: Added Henchmen selection/availability and fixed style bars (was off by one)

Edit: v0.5 released: Fixed the bug that was causing journal entries to disappear.

Edit v0.6 released: Fixed handling of early savegames where Silver and Alignment fields are not defined. The symptom was that Silver or Alignment were showing up as the values of Chi but when edited, they actually changed the Chi. That's been fixed.

Last edited by tk102; 01-08-2008 at 02:55 AM. Reason: v0.6 released
Old 07-30-2007, 07:09 AM   #101
splinterxx
Lurker

Jade Empire Savegame Editor v0.2 = Down

Plz reup.
splinterxx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2007, 05:54 PM   #102
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Jade Empire Savegame Editor v0.1 v0.2 released
Tested the editor with a bunch of savegames and it seems to work. Though I got a few Weird style advancement detected: messages in the log. The only thing I could think of that I couldn't figure out was how to add new styles to a character with it?
Old 07-30-2007, 06:05 PM   #103
tk102

Quote:
Though I got a few Weird style advancement detected: messages in the log.
Do you have some custom styles that have different EffectIds from rank to rank? JSE currently doesn't know what to do with multiple Effects for a single style so it uses only the effect of the first rank.

Quote:
The only thing I could think of that I couldn't figure out was how to add new styles to a character with it?
That's on my to-do list. The workaround for now is using SAC Utils right now to explode/implode the .sac and do GFF editing in between.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #104
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Do you have some custom styles that have different EffectIds from rank to rank? JSE currently doesn't know what to do with multiple Effects for a single style so it uses only the effect of the first rank.
It was for the Monkey Paw style those messages popped up in the log, though it might be a bit weird since it's not normally usable by the player unless you cheat to get it.

Also, I forgot to mention that the labels above the skill level sliders are blank for the Viper, Iron Palm and Rhino Demon styles.

tk102 says: Ah, found out what it was. IRONPALMLV.2da an VIPERLV.2da have a column named "Label" rather than "label" -- the latter being used in all the other *LV.2da files that I've seen. I've since made my code accept either. The Rhino Demon form uses Iron Palm for some reason, probably a mistake.

Last edited by tk102; 08-04-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:46 PM   #105
sekan

I have tried to make a gem and a teqnic (lol) on my computer. I but i don't have improvements.2da and effect.2da. If someone have them can you send them to me?

Thanks for reading this.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #106
tk102

Hey sekan, you can find and extract those 2da files using stoffe's FindRes tool in (link in the 1st post). JE's 2das are a mish-mash of V2.0 and V2.b formats. If it's V2.0 you can use any editor you like. If it's V2.b, you'll need to use one of the various V2.b tools also listed in the 1st post.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:21 PM   #107
sekan

Quote:
Hey sekan, you can find and extract those 2da files using stoffe's FindRes tool in (link in the 1st post). JE's 2das are a mish-mash of V2.0 and V2.b formats. If it's V2.0 you can use any editor you like. If it's V2.b, you'll need to use one of the various V2.b tools also listed in the 1st post.
Thanks i have found it now. But where shall i put improvements.2da when I have done with everything?

EDit: I got i work.

Edit2: Now i have made a gem and a techniq and both works fine

Last edited by sekan; 08-01-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:13 AM   #108
Janan Pacha
Rookie

Can anyone help me figure out where the skin (skin tone) on the various characters are? I think this was supposed thread was supposed to have helped, but I'm obviously missing something key?

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all. - Oscar Wilde
Janan Pacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2007, 05:30 AM   #109
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janan Pacha
Can anyone help me figure out where the skin (skin tone) on the various characters are? I think this was supposed thread was supposed to have helped, but I'm obviously missing something key?
The skin is part of the body and head textures of the characters. The textures of the player models have a P_ prefix in their names, so if you search for P_*.txb in JEFindRes you should be able to find them all. Some of them have a version found in the override folder that is of higher resolution than the one inside the game data files, thus those should be used first when available.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:36 AM   #110
Janan Pacha
Rookie

Quote:
The skin is part of the body and head textures of the characters. The textures of the player models have a P_ prefix in their names, so if you search for P_*.txb in JEFindRes you should be able to find them all. Some of them have a version found in the override folder that is of higher resolution than the one inside the game data files, thus those should be used first when available.
That's why I keep seeing two versions of each skin that seem to be otherwise exact copies of each other? O.o

EDIT: And thanks, I think I got it.

EDIT 2: Okay, I got the head area to work, and accept my new texture. The body area, though, when I put the files into the override folder do not replace the original graphics. In fact the old graphics stay there. The head is the new texture. But not the body. They body has the original texture.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all. - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Janan Pacha; 08-02-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #111
sekan

Okay... I'm wondring one thing. Is JE using coordinates when they spawn npcs? If they do is there someway to make a armband like TSL but instead a gem that give coordinates in teh corner off the screen. Only when you are using the gem of course The gem could be found in every module or chapter. Anyway if they not are using coordinates how do they do to spawn npcs?

If anyone could make a coordinat armband it would improve the JE modding in many ways.

Thanks for taking reading this

Old 08-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #112
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janan Pacha
EDIT 2: Okay, I got the head area to work, and accept my new texture. The body area, though, when I put the files into the override folder do not replace the original graphics. In fact the old graphics stay there. The head is the new texture. But not the body. They body has the original texture.
Make sure you have removed the TXB file with the same name from the override folder. If there is a TXB file and a TGA file with identical names in the same scope, the game will use the TXB file.

You only need to do this for files in the override folder, i.e. you don't need to remove TXB files from the MOD/RIM files if you put a TGA in the override folder since the override scope has higher priority.

Quote:
Is JE using coordinates when they spawn npcs? If they do is there someway to make a armband like TSL but instead a gem that give coordinates in teh corner off the screen. Only when you are using the gem of course The gem could be found in every module or chapter. Anyway if they not are using coordinates how do they do to spawn npcs?
While I haven't investigated this closely I'd guess they use either pre-placed NPCs or Encounter triggers to spawn most NPCs and creatures in the game.

The problem with making "armbands" in Jade Empire, as far as I know, is that you have no effective way of triggering a script at will, like the armbands allow, unless I'm overlooking something. It's easy to fire scripts as part of a reward/loot, but since you have no inventory or items to be activated, and most "spells" are 2DA based rather than scripted in Jade Empire your options are a lot more limited.

For something that continually displays the coordinates you'd need a script that runs repeatedly to update the info. I haven't really looked much into these aspects of Jade Empire modding yet, so hopefully someone else is able to offer more insight.

Last edited by stoffe; 08-02-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #113
J_Slash
Rookie

Quote:
For something that continually displays the coordinates you'd need a script that runs repeatedly to update the info. I haven't really looked much into these aspects of Jade Empire modding yet, so hopefully someone else is able to offer more insight.
Hey everyone,
There's a script in the override folder named "j98_eud_player.nss", this scripts runs pretty much all the time, whenever you perform an action, or an action performed on you, it contains all the onheartbeat, ondisturbed, and other events. i used it to regenerate Chi and Focus on heartbeat, and to test some other stuff too. hope this helps..

Open your eyes, Nicolas!!
J_Slash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2007, 12:43 AM   #114
Janan Pacha
Rookie

Quote:
Make sure you have removed the TXB file with the same name from the override folder. If there is a TXB file and a TGA file with identical names in the same scope, the game will use the TXB file.

You only need to do this for files in the override folder, i.e. you don't need to remove TXB files from the MOD/RIM files if you put a TGA in the override folder since the override scope has higher priority.
That worked. I've now created a dark robed albino version of Radiant Jen Zi as my first test. Now to get to something I'll actually spend time trying to get good looking. Hopefully an improved version of Scholar Ling. I'd like to change the outfit especially to get a more dark sorceress vibe off the outfit. Something more conservative too, to reflect the scholar aspect.

Er . . . heh ^_^ *stops babbling, and wanders off to work on texturing*

Old 08-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #115
Mindtwistah

tslpatcher should work with JE right? Like adding files into some folders and adding entries in dialog.tlk and 2da files?

Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2007, 09:54 AM   #116
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindtwistah
tslpatcher should work with JE right? Like adding files into some folders and adding entries in dialog.tlk and 2da files?
No, TSLPatcher would not work to use for many types of JE modding in its current state. The KOTOR games (and NWN) use the TLK V3.0 format for the dialog.tlk file, while Jade Empire uses the TLK V4.0 format. Since TSLPatcher was made for KOTOR it does not handle this format.

Further, TSLPatcher only deals with 2DA files in binary 2DA V2.b format. Jade Empire supports this format, but many of the 2DA files, especially modded ones, are in the older 2DA V2.0 text format instead.

Lastly, while the GFF format is roughly the same in KOTOR and JE, the latter has a new data type added to the format. TSLPatcher's GFF handling is not aware of this data type, for aforementioned reasons. It would probably complain if it encounters data types it does not recognize when loading a GFF file using this field type.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:09 AM   #117
sekan

Post My first realesed JE mod

Hi everybody and no Stoffe and tk102 I'm not gona ask a question. I'm gona realese my first JE mod

Name: Three Brothers

This mod add three powerful gem. Sekan, Lespoon and Mindtwistah gem.

Author: Sekan
Special Thanks to: Mindtwistah

Sekan's Gem Information
Location: Spirit plain. This gem has the same location as the demon sword.
Effect: + 10 Body + 10 Mind + 2 Spirit

Lespoon's Gem information.
Location: Pirate workshop. You can find this gem in a cheast in the Treasure room.
Effect: + 10 mind + 5 Body + 5 spirit

Mindtwistah's Gem
Location: Teahouse if you help old mother kwan to get back her teahosue.
Effect: + 15 Spirit + 3 Body + 3 Mind

Download it Here

Permission: You can edit this gems so much you want but if you want the realese your change you must ask me first.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:04 AM   #118
Eisenhower
Lurker

Firstly I must say I have no modding experience in Bioware's games whatsoever. I did do a little in Homeworld, but I don't have the patience to learn scripting languages and such.

While playing Jade Empire, aside from feeling slightly deflated at the lack of mods, I also wasn't particularly fond of the graphic for Silk Fox. I was wondering, was it easy/possible to replace Silk Fox's graphic with the one for the Princess? Without causing too much problems, that is. If you can tell me where to go and what to use to accomplish this, that would also be most excellent.

Secondly (and off-topic), does anyone find the staff style useful? Seems the sword is better because of the sweeping attacks. Staff has a long reach, but I like charging into the middle of enemies and using the sword attack to decimate them.

Finally, is it possible/easy to change the passive bonuses of ... gah I forget her name, the girl from the school who you rescue from the cave. Her, the demon girl and Sky, can you change their bonuses to include all three of the stat regen powers like the monk from ghost-Dirge? I think sky does the focus regen, the demon does health and the girl from school does spirit, I'm hoping to get all three all the time. Also, to give both Sagacious Zu and Silk Fox both the + martial/weapon style bonuses. I think Sagacious gives you weapon bonuses and Silk Fox gives you martial style bonus.

Thanks in advance.
Eisenhower is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2007, 05:13 AM   #119
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower
I was wondering, was it easy/possible to replace Silk Fox's graphic with the one for the Princess?
It's possible, but does have a somewhat quirky side-effect. To do it, open the appearance.2da file with a text-editor. On the lines with row label 35 and 201, change the value in the MODELA column from (35) N_Silk_ to N_Prnces_ and (201) N_SilkNM_ to N_Prnces_ respectively. This will switch out the character model.

However, since some of the textures for this model only exists in the module where you first land in the Imperial City you'll need to extract those files and place them in the override folder to be globally available.

I don't remember exactly what files you need, but extract h_prnces01.txb, n_prnces01.txb and n_prnces_.mdx from a_300-a.rim and n_prnces_.mdl from a300.rim into your override folder (skip any files that already exists there though, you only need the ones that aren't already there, and the already existing ones are probably higher resolution). You can use JEFindRes for this, just search for *_prnces* and it should list all the relevant files.

The above mentioned quirk you should be aware of though is that the Princess model has no impact hooks. This means that it's impossible for enemies to hit her with melee attacks, so she'll never sustain any damage from melee grunts.

Quote:
Secondly (and off-topic), does anyone find the staff style useful? Seems the sword is better because of the sweeping attacks.
The staff style does seem to be of the "mildly useless when used by you, very annoying when used against you" variety, at least by more than one enemy.

Quote:
Finally, is it possible/easy to change the passive bonuses of ... gah I forget her name, the girl from the school who you rescue from the cave.
"Only one man would dare give me the raspberries... DAWNSTAR!"

*Ahem*... Yes, it's possible to change what effect the support styles of the various party members have. To use Dawnstar an an example, open the dstar.2da file. This file defines Dawnstar's character progression as you go up in levels. Look for the supporteffect column, the number listed here is a line number in the effects.2da file.

It's 46 for Dawnstar, which points to the EFFECT_MODSTATOVERTIME line in effects.2da. This is a multipurpose effects though, and the supporteffectparam column in dstar.2da specifies more exactly what it does. To determine what the parameter value means we need to look up what sort of parameters the EFFECT_MODSTATOVERTIME effect takes.

This is determined by the value in the 2da column in effects.2da, which is set to 86 for this particular effect. This number in turn is a reference to a line number in the 2das.2da file, which essentially lists the names of other 2da files that contain parameter info. Looking up line 86 in 2das.2da it says modstatovertime in the file column, which means the modstatovertime.2da file is used.

The supporteffectparam column value back from dstar.2da is thus a line number in the modstatovertime.2da file. That column had the value set to 2 for dawnstar, and looking at line 2 we see that, sure enough, it's set to RECOVERCHI_1. To make a long story short, look down to line 4 and you'll see RECOVERALLSTATS_1, which is what Abbot Song uses. To make Dawnstar do the same, change the value in the dstar.2da file in the supporteffectparam column to 4 for all rows in the file.

To change what the support style does for other party members you use the similar approach, but use their specific 2da file instead of dstar.2da (sfox.2da, chaika.2da etc...).

You can even change what their support style does entirely by changing the value in the supporteffect column. You should probably stick to "over time" effects listed in effects.2da if you do though. Or you could make their support style either increase in potency or do different things as they level up by setting different values in their columns for the different lines in the dstar.2da (and other follower 2DAs).

Last edited by stoffe; 08-05-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #120
Eisenhower
Lurker

Ouch...

brain hurt.

So essentially I just need a text editor and a program called JEFindRes for all this, right?
Eisenhower is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Jade Empire modding (see first post for info summary)