lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The beginning of Darth
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-18-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
Sith_Reven
Rookie

The beginning of Darth

As known, Darth Revan is the first sith lord too take the Title "Darth". He(or she)
took this title after leaving the republic behind. When he came back he was known as Darth Revan. As part of the Kotor 3 storyline, the origins should be unveiled of one of the most important things about Star Wars, The title of Darth. Darth Bane, Darth Maul, Darth Vader, etc.

This might be an intergral part of the storyline. The true sith in the unknown regions might have had this as the name of a legendary or godlike figure; even considered ancient to the time of Naga Sadow. Or Revan might have taken it from an obscure warrior race in the unknown regions where their greatest warrior or leader was given this title of honor. Perhaps Revan endured trials or conquered this race. The history would be ever more completed finding out how Revan became the first Darth and how it continued on through the ages.

Savior, conquerer, Hero, Villian... You are all things Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the darkness nor the light. You will forever stand alone.
-Malak
Sith_Reven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #2
JediMasterJambi
Rookie

Location: I'm In The Box Right Next To You, The One With The Floating Disembodied Head In It
TY, I didn't realize that until you just posted >< KNOWLEDGE IS POWA BABY!
JediMasterJambi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2007, 02:40 AM   #3
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
some more stuff about the origin's of "Darth"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth

Last edited by adamqd; 04-19-2007 at 11:35 AM.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2007, 08:28 AM   #4
Sir Palamides
Rookie

the word DARTH is a mix of some rakatan words...so that makes sense to me. But nice thought Sith_Reven, If it will be included to the storyline it would be nice though

Visas: "A war? This war?"
Mandalore: "No, not this one. Another one, more terrible, against an evil we couldn't begin to comprehend. Revan went off to fight it..."
Sir Palamides is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2007, 12:15 PM   #5
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Reven
As known, Darth Revan is the first sith lord too take the Title "Darth".
Alas, that WAS true, but it has since been retconned so that it is no longer so.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Andeddu

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #6
Sith_Reven
Rookie

those are both very interesting links. I must ponder some more. Although in my mind I suspected the Rakata had something to do with it. Which brings me to te point that the Rakata should take a greater involvement in the affairs of the next kotor. According to the links, the Rakata occupied Korriban at some point. Hmmmm.... interesting.

Savior, conquerer, Hero, Villian... You are all things Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the darkness nor the light. You will forever stand alone.
-Malak
Sith_Reven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2007, 08:19 PM   #7
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

And here I thought it was just a contraction of "Dark Lord of the Sith." Silly me.

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #8
Fredi
El Guapo

Well It is possible that Darth Andeddu have something to do with the Rakata. I dont think that Revan was the first to have "Darth" , what if it is something that he leaned in the Traya Academy when he discovered the Academy in Malachor V? ..... hmmm this is a good subget , nice tread

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."

Last edited by Fredi; 04-19-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2007, 01:08 AM   #9
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo fett 66
And here I thought it was just a contraction of "Dark Lord of the Sith." Silly me.
Agreed... so silly me as well.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2007, 01:39 AM   #10
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo fett 66
I think that has been the general consensus for years, but in probability the "Golden Age of the Sith" and "Fall of the Sith Empire" changed that, since both Ragnos, Sadow, and Kressh are clearly all dark lords at one point or another, and yet none of them seem to use the "Darth" title... Well, that's my theory, anyway.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #11
Darth Tenebrous
Rookie

Location: Hidden in the shadows of any planet where evil may be found
I like this idea, and have thought about this topic a bit. Revan was, apparently, the first Dark Lord of the Sith to take the title "Darth." It may just be the contraction, but still it should be explained. It might even have something to do with the plot of KOTOR III, since, for all we know, it technically could mean something such as "warloard" in the language of the True Sith (also assuming that they are a species/race, not just a group of people).

-Tenebrous
Darth Tenebrous is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > The beginning of Darth