lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: x360 controller triggers don't bind
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-09-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
Caipa
Lurker

x360 controller triggers don't bind

hey guys,

I just bought a xbox 360 controller, I was saving my second run on psychonauts for it but I'm having a little problem, I can't bind analog keys o.O, this is a problem since those are the trigger buttons, which should be used to lock-on and a power. is there any solution for this?

thanks for the attention,
Caipa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Poopdogjr

Wish i could help you, but computers aren't my thing. Maybe the official formus for the controller might help?

Poopdogjr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caipa
hey guys,

I just bought a xbox 360 controller, I was saving my second run on psychonauts for it but I'm having a little problem, I can't bind analog keys o.O, this is a problem since those are the trigger buttons, which should be used to lock-on and a power. is there any solution for this?

thanks for the attention,
Hi. Are you saying that you are using a wired 360 controller with a PC?

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC : THE JEDI MASTERS
PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Trex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
Caipa
Lurker

uh, yeah, you can use the wired one on the usb, and the wireless with the microsoft gaming receiver for pc. but the triggers are an axis and the game doesn't seem to support it as buttons.

xbcd drivers for the xbox360 controller seem to have an option to make the triggers act like digital buttons, but I couldn't get them to work right and they break compatibility with games that recognize it automatically.
Caipa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2007, 02:15 AM   #5
Smon
Bizarro

Current Game: Payday 2
Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
What I did was download a little tool called JoyToKey. It takes some time to learn the mapping... get out WordPad or something to test it.

I'm done putting links in my signature because every time I do it just links to some old crap I've long since stopped updating.
Smon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2007, 03:01 AM   #6
Trex
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
I see. I personally use a program called ControlMK when I play Knights of the old republic.
You can get the free download here : http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC : THE JEDI MASTERS
PLAY THE TOTAL CONVERSION MOD NOW! . | If you're interested, my almighty fanfic can be read here.
Trex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2007, 03:47 AM   #7
hoob
Lurker

Didn't feel like I should just start up a new thread first post and all. So, I decided to post my issue in here.

I recently picked up a Wireless gaming receiver and a 360 controller. Mostly for enhancing the Psychonauts experience. Except I find that anytime I start Psychonauts, it minimizes the window on startup. I still hear sound and I can tell it's running, but I just can't get to the game screen. I noticed this problem happens anytime I use a controller. The problem either crashes or does this minimizing deal. Anyone have any experience with this issue? Reinstalling doesn't seem to fix it. It's already patched to the newest update and I just can't wrap my head around this. Anyway, thanks for whateer help you can give me.
hoob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2007, 10:38 AM   #8
Toliver
Rookie

I'm assuming you're using this controller on a PC?
Do you have a virus/security program running? If I don't shut down my SpySweeper program before I launch the game, it causes the game to stop and minimize. Shutting off the program and going back into the game usually works for me.
I'd also check to make sure you have the latest drivers for the wireless receiver and controller.
Toliver is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #9
david 666
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex View Post
I see. I personally use a program called ControlMK when I play Knights of the old republic.
You can get the free download here : http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/

hi im trying to use control mk for kotor 2 but cant figure out setting and he mouse always moves everywhere is there any chance you could send me your settings so i can import them,

please please please

cheers,

my email is
david.s.666@hotmail.com
david 666 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Ford Cruller's Bacon Support > x360 controller triggers don't bind