lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mercenary Crew: Bounty Hunters
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #361
Corinthian
Banned

Kadis Venarm dreamed of stars.

That wasn't usual. He usually dreamed about hyperspace, or Brentaal. Gold and red stars weren't high on his list of things to dream, especially not inside a durasteel box.

His comlink began to squeal, urging him back to reality. A vague afterimage of a female Zabrak swam before his eyes as he collected himself. The Jedi...

He glanced around. The Captain was nowhere to be seen. He rubbed his head as his comlink began to squeal again. He raised it to his ear, catching a few disparate, confused voices nattering. None of it made any sense. He stumbled to his feet, his mind beginning to clear. Then, his jaw dropped. The Jedi had nailed the Captain, probably after putting him down with some kind of force trick. Kadis groaned - whatever she had done, it made his head throb like hell.

He keyed his comlink to the Scimitar frequency. "This is..." What the hell was his name? Geez, she certainly scrambled my mind. "...Iceman. I think the Jedi nailed the Captain. What happened while I was out?" He checked his chrono, but the numbers didn't make any sense. He fumbled for his blaster, wrapping his fingers around the cold durasteel grip. It was still powered up, with a near-full charge. That made Kadis feel better for some reason.

His mind was starting to clear as he knelt there, the colored blobs that had hovered in front of his eyes slowly disappearing. He wagged his head and looked around, trying to find the bounty hunters. No sign of them, but it was a big hanger bay. He rubbed his temples again, trying to silence the drumbeats behind his eyes, then dialed up the volume on his comlink. Wouldn't do to miss a call because I got distracted...
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2008, 12:29 AM   #362
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
"Great," Latch muttered, gathering up his things. "Outfoxed by something that's supposed to be, for all intents and purposes, extinct." He beckoned to the two siblings. "The sooner we get off this kriffin' iceball, the better."

They followed the path back to the entrance, moving swiftly. As they rounded the bend, Latch's keen eyes spotted a figure flopped on the ground ahead. Squinting, he discerned the unkempt hair of their newest adoptee. Without breaking stride, Latch came up alongside Kadis and with one swift movement, hauled the man up onto his feet by the back of his collar. "C'mon Iceman, Captain's in trouble."

They padded their way over to where Jyot stood next to the closed door of the workshop. "I thought you were supposed to be the bait," Latch chided his friend, coming up alongside the blonde Corellian.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2008, 09:05 AM   #363
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
The door to the workshop slowly slid open and behind it stood Alec and the Zabrak Jedi, Both stepped forward and looked at the assembled group.

“Everybody collect your gear we’re leaving this rock behind.” Alec ordered.

“Hold it.” Aly called out. “Shouldn’t we drug her or at least shackle her.”

“I would be happy to comply with drugging the bounty.” Zip informed extending it’s dart launcher.

“No one’s drugging anyone.” Alec commanded. “She ain’t our Bounty… She’s our fare, to fortune and glory!”
starmark2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #364
Corinthian
Banned

A hand jerked Kadis to his feet. He glanced around, finally noticing one of the Corellians hauling him along. Latchlan, that was it. The confusion was finally starting to clear up, and he saw most of the bounty hunters clustered around the door into some mechanic's workshop, probably for working on small-scale craft like speeder bikes.

His tongue seemed to be getting back into it's old pattern, too...

"Captain, uh, wasn't she your ticket to fortune and glory before? What was the bounty again? A couple million credits, plus the prestige of bagging a Jedi? You sure she didn't scramble your mind?" He brought his blaster up, leveling it at the Zabrak. He wouldn't shoot if the Captain gave him an order, but he was inclined to believe the Jedi hadn't mind warped him.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:52 PM   #365
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
At the sight of the Jedi, Raelyn gasped and drew back, murmuring something that sounded like, "My mind needs a crutch..." Colin glanced from the Jedi to his sister and back before bending down beside Raelyn.

"Rae, it's not the same Jedi, is it?" he asked softly. Raelyn opened one eye to glance at the Jedi, then shut her eye and shook her head. "Then, what are you afraid of?"

"The Jedi can invade," she whispered. "I have... I have to stop..."

"You don't have to stop anything," the Jedi said, moving to kneel before Raelyn. "I sense your fear. It is without reason. Read my mind, like an open book... Ka... Raelyn, is it?"

Slowly, fearfully, Raelyn opened her eyes and they locked with the Jedi's eyes. Raelyn's eyes widened and her fear was replaced with awe and respect.

"I..." she stammered. "It... was it a Jedi?"

"That you felt aboard your sto... your shuttle?" the Jedi asked. She shook her head. "Unlikely. I am truly sorry you had to feel such pain."

"Thank you," Raelyn whispered. The Jedi nodded and stepped back to Alec's side.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2008, 06:05 PM   #366
starmark2k

“Put that down!” Alec demanded stepping forward and looking at Kadis. “You shoot her and you’ll find a hole in your head.”

Alec looked over at the Jedi and the siblings listening at the conversation they were having. “So she is a telepath… Explains a lot.” He said at the revelation that the girl he had suspected to be a psychic was one. “Anyway this Jedi is Son’Ti, some kind of Seer, she’s seen a way to our fortune and glory, I intend to follow it through and now all we need to do is deliver a message to another Jedi.”
Old 01-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #367
Corinthian
Banned

Kadis didn't lower his blaster, but he held his fire. He gave the Captain a look, wishing he hadn't just gotten his own brain scrambled, or that he knew how to tell the difference between gullible and mind scrambled.

"Captain, in case you forgot, we, rather, you and your crew were here to stun her and drag her back to Darth Vader. You don't think she might be feeding you a line to spare her own skin? Is there ANY reason we should believe her?"
Old 01-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #368
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Raelyn placed herself between Kadis and the Jedi. "Weapon down, Iceman... or perhaps, the captain would like to leave you here," she snapped. "Now, I know I'm in no position to give you orders... I'm just a tagalong like you. But if you wanna shoot the Jedi, you'll have to go through me first." She raised her rifle to her shoulder and aimed at Kadis.

"You could shoot me," she said icily, "but you'd still get shot... and my brother could patch us up, but I seriously doubt he's gonna want to if you shoot me." She paused a moment. "It's your choice, Venarm," she challenged.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 01-05-2008, 07:21 PM   #369
Corinthian
Banned

This was very odd. The Jedi wasn't trustworthy, he knew that. Yet that was TWO who had told him to lower his weapon. If the Jedi were messing with their heads, why hadn't she forced him to lower his weapon?Odd...but not compelling.

Still, unless he wanted to turn Raelyn and the Captain into steak, he didn't really have a choice. He weighed his choices in his mind. "No. I won't lower my weapon until I get some duracrete reasons why. We came here to drag this Jedi to the Empire. Now we're working with the Jedi? Care to explain why you suddenly went from Bounty Hunter to Hunt Saboteur, Captain? Care to explain why any of us should believe her? Care to explain why YOU believe her, Raelyn?"

None of this made any sense. He had heard of Bounties making desperate deals with Bounty Hunters, sometimes even successfully, but only a fool would believe some Zabrak squatting on a backwater iceball for a decade would have anything of value, besides her head.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #370
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"I can see inside her head," Raelyn answered. "Even using the Force to blockade your mind is no use against a telepath... or did you miss that little revelation with your half-frozen ears? I trust her more than I trust you... you and your restless trigger finger."

My work in progress:

Old 01-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #371
Corinthian
Banned

"Must have missed it." He tossed out casually. Which was true, he hadn't really been paying attention to Raelyn having another one of her psychotic episodes, too busy watching the Jedi. That tossed a skifter into the deck, a rather nasty one at that - presuming she was telling the truth. The only Telepaths he'd ever heard of were Jedi or their ilk.

"Alright, so you trust her. Tell me why I should trust her, or you, for that matter?" This was getting out of hand. She wasn't far wrong about his itchy trigger finger either, the urge to blow the Jedi into hell and finally get his payback was nearly overpowering. You're letting your anger cloud your better judgment. He wasn't sure whether it was his own thought or one of the mindreaders in front of him, but it rang true. He slid his blaster back into it's holster. He sighed.

"I hope you're right about this."
Old 01-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #372
Rogue Nine
*static*

Latch really wasn't quite sure what had just transpired, but he sure as hell knew it was plenty weird. And on this particular trip, that was saying something. Holstering his own weapon, he came up next to Raelyn and pushed her rifle down. "Okay, I dunno what in space is happening right now, but I think we should leave the pointing of guns to myself and Arelyn from now on." He shot both Raelyn and Kadis looks before turning to Alec and the Jedi.

She was a Zabrak, with the prominent horns indicative of her species prodtruding through the top of her forehead. Her features were attractive by human standards and she looked surprisingly fit for someone who had allegedly spent the last few years on board a wrecked spaceship. The oddity of the whole situation wasn't lost on Latch, but given how unpredictable his job was, he decided to trust Alec's instincts. After all, there was only one of her and several of them.

Taking a step forward, he extended his hand to her. "Lachlan Vax," he said by way of introduction. "If the Captain says it, then you're okay in my book."

Old 01-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #373
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
Ellie, who had been completely silent and not a small bit anxious about this whole hunt, this whole situation, this Force damned ship that she kept imagining breaking through the ice beneath it, due to the added weight of the crew, and sinking into an underground ravine or ocean or something and drowning them all...was now absolutely bewildered by the exchange that was going on between the Jedi and the rest of the crew. What the hell? Hadn't they just been trying to kill this woman in return for a bounty?

Her blaster still held loosely in her hand, the fingers of her other hand fiddled with the hilt of a knife that she had stored in her belt, unsure of how to react to what was going on. Her cat-like eyes were wary as she took in the appearance of the Jedi, and her hand tightened reflexively around the handle of her blaster as Latch stepped closer to the mysterious woman. A female Jedi...she had never seen a Jedi before, let alone a female Jedi. From what she understood, women were just as likely to be Force sensitive and to be trained in the ways of the Force as men, but...even so. It was a bit of a surprise. With Latch's show of confidence in the Jedi, she relaxed ever so slightly, knowing that if Latch's 'bad feeling' wasn't going off, that they were probably safe for the moment. She forced the muscles of her body to relax and stepped closer to the rest of the group, and the Jedi. "So...we're taking her with us, then." she said, nodding slightly before giving a start. She had just said 'we'...as if..."Er - not that I'm part of the crew or...anything." she scratched the back of her head awkwardly. "Y'know..."

ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #374
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Jyot felt like he was watching a nuna ball game, his head turning to and fro as people spoke and Alec decided that their bounty was now their passenger.

"Frack me," he quietly muttered under his breath as Latch shook hands with the most beautiful female Zabrak he'd ever seen. Of course, she was the first female Zabrak he had ever seen, but that was beside the point. The point was that she was pretty, she was their passenger, and....

"Erm..." Jyot held up his gloved index finger as if to say something, but then lowered it and remained silent.

Let me get this straight, he thought to himself. We came here to this ice ball, froze our respective tails off, lost two crew, gained a... He glanced quizzically at Raelyn. He wasn't exactly sure now how to classify her. ... a reader. And all because the Jedi wants a lift from Alec?

Then Ellie spoke. "So...we're taking her with us, then." she said, nodding slightly before giving a start. She had just said 'we'...as if..."Er - not that I'm part of the crew or...anything." she scratched the back of her head awkwardly. "Y'know..."

"Hey, I do believe we have a couple of recent openings," he whispered discreetly to Ellie. Then he nodded in the direction of Alec, encouraging her to ask if she could join.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Last edited by JasraLantill; 01-06-2008 at 07:12 PM.
JasraLantill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #375
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

She glanced at Jyot as he spoke, a look of faint surprise in her eyes. As the captain for a position? Was he crazy? He had no reason to...well, then again...perhaps he did. She had been able to provide them with transportation, and she had proved herself to be a fairly capable driver as well. Though...had she mentioned that she was a pilot? She couldn't remember...and seeing as they had lost a few of their crew, they would need to be replaced - nevermind how painful it might be.

Her eyes flicked from Jyot to the captain to the Jedi and then back to Jyot. "Not now." she hissed in return, looking slightly embarrassed for reasons that not even she could identify. "He's busy. It can wait until we get back to the settlement."

Old 01-07-2008, 04:29 PM   #376
Quist
Träumer

Roleplayer 
Arelyn wrinkled her nose as she considered the newest developments. She didn't have the luxury of knowing the whole crew, especially their increasingly eccentric captain, for very long, so it was pretty hard on her to accept this latest turn of events. However, the situation had seemed to have resolved itself without violence, so she was blessedly thankful for that. Still, she had to admit to herself that the circumstances were still exceedingly weird.

Re-sheathing her vibroblades, she glanced over at Alec. "So where do we go from here, Captain?" she asked, looking both him and the Jedi over.
Quist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #377
starmark2k

At hearing his gunners question he looked down at his watch. “We better get off this rock before something else bad happens.” Alec explained picking up his gear. “If we leave now and head straight to the Colony without stopping we should hit it before nightfall.”

With that a loud clank could be head in the distance quickly followed by a large explosion that sent an old gunship flying in to the sky crashing near the group. “I had to open my mouth.” Alec exclaimed realising tempting fate was not the best idea in a galaxy full of the force. He looked in the direction of the explosion but couldn’t see for all the smoke in the Hanger.

“You should have killed me when you had the chance Tannis.” A voice said, which Alec recognised to be the Leader of the Bounty hunters they met in the Cave. “Now hand over the Jedi and we may make this quick.”

Without a moments hesitation Alec ripped both pistols out his holsters and began to fire in the direction the voices came from. In an inevitable repercussion the rival bounty hunters began to fire towards the crew and it’s companions, obviously the smoke was hindering their ability to see as well. Son’Ti Took out her saber that glowed a golden yellow much like the suns of Tatooine, she began to deflect blaster bolts back at those who wished to take the price on her head.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #378
Corinthian
Banned

Kadis had been on edge ever since he had holstered his blaster. Well, actually, ever since the Jedi had mind-zonked him. When the explosion went off, his reflexes jolted, dropping him behind a crate. He jerked his blaster out of it's holster and came up firing at the red bolts streaming out of the smoke-filled shadows. One of the hostiles began fanning their fire over to him. He dropped behind his crate, shifting uncomfortably as it got warmer behind him.

"Budget cargo containers. Sloppy." He winced and shifted. They either had a good eye, or one of them had some kind of sensory equipment. It didn't really matter. The container should hold them. Well, hopefully.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #379
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
The first blaster bolt had only just fired, when Jyot ducked and dove for cover, taking Ellie with him, behind a cluster of large engine parts that were piled nearby the door to the workshop.

"I hate this part of the job," he complained, as he hurriedly took out his grenades. "Here," he said, shoving an adhesive grenade into Ellie's hand.

In his own, he packed a cryo one--not powerful enough to be lethal, but powerful enough to make a significant ice ball in the middle of the hanger.

He threw it right where the leader of the bounty hunters was standing. "Ice in the hole!" he yelled out, knowing that Latch, if he heard him, would be rolling his eyes. If the grenade hit its mark, the bounty hunter would be glued to the spot. If not, Jyot hoped he would move into someone's line of fire.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)
Old 01-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #380
Rogue Nine
*static*

How did we not detect them? Latch thought to himself as he dove for cover behind a durasteel cargo container. The smoke inside the hangar really hindered his view, but at least their assailants couldn't get a good read on any of them. He glanced around, making sure that each of his companions were safe before readying his rifle. Quickly snapping off the grenade attachment, he raised himself so that he was just peering over the top of the container. Flicking his scope over a few vision modes, he settled on biothermal view. Almost instantly, everything became clearer. The rival bounty hunters had somehow snuck up behind them and positioned themselves to ambush the Scimitar crew.

Of course, given how they'd blown their cover so fast was an indication that they were not very experienced as bounty hunters just yet. Pretty fortunate, Latch mused as he settled his target reticle over a hunched form outlined in green. Just as he was about to shoot, he overheard Jyot yell, "Ice in the hole!" before lobbing a grenade at their enemies.

Latch snorted and squeezed the trigger.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #381
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Ellie let out a completely involuntary squeak as she was grabbed and dragged behind a collection of junk parts with such force, that she overbalanced and landed flat on her bottom when they stopped moving. She landed with an 'oomph' and sent a quick glare in Jyot's direction. He had quite possibly saved her life - but even so. He could've done it with a little more grace. Then again...beggars can't be choosers.

She looked at the grenade he'd shoved in her hand with a slight bit of surprise. She hadn't actually used one of these things before - they had never used grenades on her older crew...but damn had she been wanting to try. "Ice in the hole!"

With a nearly-demonistic look on her face and a smirk on her lips, she shifted to her knees and quickly followed Jyot's example. "Heads up!" she called over the sounds of the gun fire, and lobbed the grenade over the heads of the crew towards the source of the retaliation fire. As she fell back to a kneeling position behind the machinery with Jyot, she adjusted her glove and flipped the safety on her blaster. "How the hell did they find us?" she asked - as if he would know the answer - and peered over the edge of their cover to begin firing almost blindly into the smoke left behind from the explosions of their grenades.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:30 AM   #382
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Raelyn was moving almost before anyone else, and she dragged Colin with her. For his part, Colin was rather used to being dragged about by his sister and he didn't complain... and kept his balance fairly well. Once they were safely covered, the strange girl checked her rifle once more, though she already knew what she'd find.

"Only one shot," she groaned. "One shot and too many targets."

"You don't have to use that shot now," Colin suggested. Raelyn considered this for a moment and then grinned.

"Latch said to make it count," she said. "And it'll only count if it's placed right where it ought to be..." She engaged the safety and dropped the rifle into their bag. Once it was safely settled, she withdrew a much smaller rifle and a rather bulky blaster pistol.

"Eenie, meenie, miny..." she murmured, glancing from rifle to pistol and back.

"No time for it!" Colin exclaimed, tossing one of his strange little vials out into the fray. "It's a flasher, Rae!"

"Flasher away!" Raelyn yelled, hoping that the crew remembered the blinding flash the little vial would make. "Three, two, one..." She knew exactly where the vial had landed and just as her count hit one, she dove to her left, gripping her pistol with both hands and bringing her aim on the little vial in the middle of the firefight. She squeezed off three shots, and one of them grazed the vial... but it didn't trigger and Raelyn went sliding out of range behind a nearby gunship.

"Kriffing hell!" she swore. "I never miss!" She lay there on her back for half a second before raising her pistol above her head and firing a single shot into the assailant who'd been using the gunship as cover. "See? Never!" She got to her feet and moved around the back of the gunship, looking to take their enemies by surprise from behind.

My work in progress:

Old 01-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #383
starmark2k

Alec and the Zabrak Jedi dived behind a nearby crate to take cover from the onslaught of weapons fire emanating from all around the back wall of the Gunship Hanger. Each shot fired and explosion echoed in the large room making each seem larger and much worse than it was.

Behind the Crate Alec listened in on his comm equipment trying to figure out where all his crew where and their situations. Each person including the recent newcomers were holding their own and fighting well taking down enemies or holding a defence.

“We won’t be able to hold here much longer Tannis.” Son’Ti informed as she took a peek around the corner of the crate.

“Yeah, I know.” Alec replied as he too looked around the corner, the smoke was setteling and he could make out all the positions of the enemy, they had taken the high ground close to the middle of the room… and right near an exposed fuel line. “Let’s hope that’s full.”

“Latch, Arelyn.” Alec said holding the Mic closer to his mouth. “There’s an exposed fuel line 2 degrees left of the enemy position. I’m going to draw their fire, if one of you has a shot blow it… The rest keep your heads down.”

Alec jumped up firing both his pistols at the enemy position, his plan worked and the hostiles began to take aim at Him, Blaster fire rained all around him but each shot missed as he continued to fire. A grenade flew down and bounced at his feet before resting there, Time suddenly seemed to slow from Alec’s perspective as he watched the Grenade rest there getting ready to explode.

The Jedi dove up from her position in a blur of speed and ran to Alec, Son’ti grabbed him and used all her strength to push him back while she stood over the grenade. All Alec could do was watch as he flew backwards looking at the Jedi, she did not fear her now inevitable face and looked almost serene as the grenade exploded in a burst of plasma.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #384
Quist
Träumer

Roleplayer 
Arelyn looked over from her perch just in time to see the Jedi fling herself in front of a plasma grenade that had rolled next to Alec. She couldn't pry her eyes away as the grenade exploded, almost assuredly killing the Jedi. Not even the Force could have protected her from such a focused and concussed source of energy. "Sithspit," she swore, turning her attention back to her rifle. Lining up her sights, she picked off another enemy bounty hunter, drilling the alien right in the throat.

The enemy crumpled, clearing her line of sight to the fuel line that Alec had indicated. Squeezing the trigger, she sent two bolts screaming towards the line. They both connected within nanoseconds of each other, punching through the metal and into the dormant but still volatile fuel sitting in the line. The cargo bay rocked with the force of the explosion and sent the enemy mercenaries scattering.
Quist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2008, 12:12 AM   #385
Corinthian
Banned

If these gunships are still operational, we could use their weaponry to our - whoa!

The crate slammed into his chest with the force of the explosion, dropping him to his back with it on his legs. He grimaced. It wasn't loaded, fortunately, or it'd have shattered his legs.

It still hurt. He glanced around, a little confused. That explosion had come from that side, but the crew wasn't packing any heavy explosives. He shoved it off him and came up. Oh.

The gunship he had been considering commandeering was gutted with fire. Pity, it was a good piece of military hardware. He came back up onto his bruised knees and glanced around. All the enemies were either down or too stunned to fight right now to offer much resistance. He panted, glad of the break. He was a pilot, not a blastfighter.

He took stock of the crew, glancing from position to position. Then he fell on Captain Tannis, and his knee went out. A cracked and shattered plate of durasteel near where he had been holding his position, and he couldn't find the Jedi. He almost broke cover to move over.

No. He's either alive or dead. There still might be enemies watching, waiting for somebody, like me, to break cover. He grabbed his blaster - again, and watched. It was nearly impossible to see, the smoke from the three explosions filled the hangar and made it hard to breathe, but it was better than brooding on what happened to the Captain and the Jedi.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:49 AM   #386
starmark2k

Alec got up from where he crashed and looked around at the aftermath of the battle, it looked like a war broke out in this concentrated spot. Debris and bodies littered the hanger and smoke filled the room, as it settled Alec set about the task checking all the fallen bodies for any life, none could be found each and every hostile had been caught in the explosion.

The journey back to the Scimitar was made relatively easy thanks to the hostile Mercs having brought a walker transport, as they wouldn’t need it anymore Alec chose to commandeer it. It was obvious emotions of pretty much the whole crew were low, two death and for what, nothing, the Jedi’s body had been completely vaporized by the Plasma Grenade so they couldn’t Prove her death and collect the bounty.

After an hour of private prayer in his room to mourn the deaths of all those who had died, including the Jedi and hostile bounty hunters, Alec invited Elle, Kadis and Colin to the bridge.

“Look as I’m sure you noticed I’ve lost a Medic, a fighter pilot and since Aly has decided to stay behind and lead salvage of the Republic ship a Ship’s pilot. All three of you meet the qualifications to take those jobs and I know you guys can handle yourselves… You know the risks, you’ve experienced them the past couple of days, so if you guys need a job you got them.” Alec explained turning to Colin. “Your sister can also come, she can handle herself but I want you to keep her in check… Dismissed.”

Alec let Colin and Elle leave the bridge to ponder his proposal but Kadis had stayed behindas he already agreed to fly the Scimitar to it’s next location. “One Thing Iceman, Today I ordered you to lower your weapon and you didn’t… Ever disobey one of my orders again and I’ll be claiming that bounty on your head. Follow my orders to the letter and you’re under my protection, no-one will be able to claim it. We clear?”

Without waiting for a reply Tannis walked out of the Bridge and into the common room that was currently empty. As he reached the middle he heard whispering coming from behind him like he had on the planet before and turned around to see the Jedi, Son’Ti, standing there as she stood before the grenade exploded.

“What the…”

End of Part One…
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Mercenary Crew: Bounty Hunters