lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Christianity is a religion of tolerance and other assorted myths
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #161
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
You all seem to be under the impression that I am Nancy. Why is that?
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 01:31 AM   #162
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
Well. Depends. When you define East Germany as 'under a rock', then yes. But I am afraid no. ;~
Sorry, I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
You all seem to be under the impression that I am Nancy. Why is that?
Call it a hunch.
1) We have the amazing coincidence that "Rogue Warrior" creates an account and starts posting right about the same time that Nancy Allen`` gets put on final warning.
2) We have the amazing coincidence that Nancy Allen`` tells us that the brains behind the scenes, "Rogue Warrior", has taken a sudden interest in LF just as her interest is waning.
3) We have the amazing coincidence that "Rogue Warrior's" posts sound exactly like Nancy Allen``'s posts...aside from occasionally remembering that she's supposed to be pretending to be an atheist now.

That's a lot of coincidences.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 03:19 AM   #163
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
Well hey, you are just too smart for me then.

Joking aside, I can try and counteract those claims, such as joining to carry on the RP characters, Nancy being pro war, pro American and me not, her using religion to get at atheists and me being one myself, ect. But really it does not bother me what you think. If you want to think I am George Bush who am I to stop you?
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 04:20 AM   #164
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
Well hey, you are just too smart for me then.
Well, it's not like you've been subtle. Back on topic now?
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 04:23 AM   #165
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
I will if you use my proper name.
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #166
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,263
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Well, unless one is raised under a rock, enculturation is a more than adequate explanation for such a "religious base".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye Janos
Well. Depends. When you define East Germany as 'under a rock', then yes. But I am afraid no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Sorry, I don't get it
I grew up in former East Germany. Plus, *my* enculturation would not deliver a more than adequate explanation for such a religious base, to the opposite it would explain the lack of a religious base in my mind.

So (a) you consider being raised in the GDR as "raised under a rock" or (b) your statement is not quite correct.


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #167
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
So the general public has no basic knowledge of any of the three abrahamic religions that refer to "god", and no references to said "god" ever occur in commonly used language in the public forum? If this answer to this is yes, then I would say that this pretty closely resembles "under a rock" however I will have to concede that my language was extreme. If the answer is no, then we would seem to have enculturation, which was my point.

People that have religious experiences in muslim countries see allah. People that have religious experiences in christian countries see god. People that had religious experiences in india 6,000 years ago saw krishna. The god (gods, goddess, goddesses, etc) you "see" when you have a "religious experience" depends largely on what society you were raised in. Or simply enculturation for short. Even if you aren't a believer yourself, the social mores of the tribe will provide easy to find reference points for the programming you have received since birth.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #168
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,263
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
So the general public has no basic knowledge of any of the three abrahamic religions that refer to "god", and no references to said "god" ever occur in commonly used language in the public forum? If this answer to this is yes, then I would say that this pretty closely resembles "under a rock" however I will have to concede that my language was extreme. If the answer is no, then we would seem to have enculturation, which was my point.
The answer is not "yes", yet not "no". Of course, knowledge about the religions was there, but religion itself, or faith, or the question "do you believe" played no role at all. Any questions were simply not answered with religious terms. Not necessarily "a rock", but more of a gift, in my eyes.


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #169
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
So you were enculturated to have knowledge of god, but not a belief. If something happened that caused you to want to believe, then you would have all the framework you needed to know *what* to believe (i.e. basic tenets, etc). That's all I was trying to say.

All these people needed was a nudge or a momentary lapse of skepticism. Their social programming did the rest. Make sense now or do you still think I'm off my rocker?
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #170
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,263
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Hey hey, I got where you're coming from from the begin with.. ^^

See, of course I got knowledge of different ideas to explain things, yes. But without exceptions, no one around me believed in religion. So the basic tenor I know is to not explain whatever with god or religion, that's what I am trying to say. And seriously present me some proof for god or spiritual experiences all you want, no religion would be an option for me, even if god was my neighbour. ;]


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #171
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
See, of course I got knowledge of different ideas to explain things, yes. But without exceptions, no one around me believed in religion.
"Indoctrinated" and "enculturated" are two entirely different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
And seriously present me some proof for god or spiritual experiences all you want, no religion would be an option for me, even if god was my neighbour. ;]
Well then, with all due respect, your beliefs are no less dogmatic than the theists you appear to consider yourself at odds with.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #172
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,263
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
"Indoctrinated" and "enculturated" are two entirely different things.
I know. And?

Quote:
Well then, with all due respect, your beliefs are no less dogmatic than the theists you appear to consider yourself at odds with.
Why? Because I think theistic religions are "wrong", and that the existence of god does not mean I must follow one? Or that 'theists' got the concept of god totally wrong?


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #173
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
I know. And?
Your arguments would make it appear that you do not. Your orgininal statement was:
Quote:
What I am having trouble with is the fact that one can accept something to be divine intervention or whatever when he actually doesn't believe in the existence of a god.

Furthermore, why chose a specific religion just because you met god? It all sounds pretty much made up to me.
But all you have done is a lot of hand waving at my attempts to explain. Therefore, if you "know", and therefore agree, then why are you going to such lengths to be contrary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
Why? Because I think theistic religions are "wrong", and that the existence of god does not mean I must follow one? Or that 'theists' got the concept of god totally wrong?
Because you stated that you would refuse to change your position even if presented evidence which invalidated it. Aka "dogmatism".

I agree that theistic religions are based on wishful thinking and have no evidence to support any of the claims found within them. What I will not do is say that I refuse to consider any evidence that contradicts what I consider to be "the truth". If I did, I'd be one flaming hypocrite.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #174
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,263
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
But all you have done is a lot of hand waving at my attempts to explain. Therefore, if you "know", and therefore agree, then why are you going to such lengths to be contrary?
Mm. I think I did express myself unclear in that "first statement". I know the reasons why people jump on conclusions or turn to religion, whatever. I just cannot follow that logic. That is all.

Quote:
Because you stated that you would refuse to change your position even if presented evidence which invalidated it. Aka "dogmatism".
Nah. I would not refuse to change position and I did not say so.

Quote:
I agree that theistic religions are based on wishful thinking and have no evidence to support any of the claims found within them. What I will not do is say that I refuse to consider any evidence that contradicts what I consider to be "the truth". If I did, I'd be one flaming hypocrite.
Of course I would consider any evidence that might contradict my views. Especially then. I did not say otherwise! The more "opposite views" my views "survive", the better. If not, hell yeah, I've learned something (hopefully). And I said any valid proof for any god must not mean that at least one of the religions is right with what it says. I also said I would not feel like following any religion even if my neighbour happen to be (proven) god.

I mean, would you?


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 08:23 PM   #175
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
Mm. I think I did express myself unclear in that "first statement". I know the reasons why people jump on conclusions or turn to religion, whatever. I just cannot follow that logic. That is all.
If that's what you intended to convey, then fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
Nah. I would not refuse to change position and I did not say so.
Well then I'm not sure what we were supposed to walk away with from this:

Quote:
And seriously present me some proof for god or spiritual experiences all you want, no religion would be an option for me, even if god was my neighbour.
It sounds very much like that's exactly what you were saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
Of course I would consider any evidence that might contradict my views. Especially then. I did not say otherwise! The more "opposite views" my views "survive", the better. If not, hell yeah, I've learned something (hopefully). And I said any valid proof for any god must not mean that at least one of the religions is right with what it says. I also said I would not feel like following any religion even if my neighbour happen to be (proven) god.

I mean, would you?
Since I'm not sure what you're arguing, I don't know if I would agree.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 04:59 AM   #176
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,263
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Well then I'm not sure what we were supposed to walk away with from this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
And seriously present me some proof for god or spiritual experiences all you want, no religion would be an option for me, even if god was my neighbour.
I'm not sure how you are reading "I'll refuse to change position/consider evidence" into this? Where is it written that if I am given proof for the existence of a entity commonly know as "god", and accept it, I will also have to accept religion? That's what we are supposed to walk away with from this.

Quote:
Since I'm not sure what you're arguing, I don't know if I would agree.
See above.


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 07:32 AM   #177
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
If we can go back to what I was saying, I have a mate in the church community. His grandfather was a baptist minister, as much of a Christian as you can be, he left because of their attitude. A girl he knew left because of their attitude as well, and he wonders himself about remaining in the church. Yeah, okay, they might be weak minded fools who believe in god. My point is that I would hate people to turn away from atheism or be put off it to begin with because of their attitude, especially if I were to be the one responsible for it.
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #178
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
I'm not sure how you are reading "I'll refuse to change position/consider evidence" into this? Where is it written that if I am given proof for the existence of a entity commonly know as "god", and accept it, I will also have to accept religion?
Ray Jones said:
Quote:
And I said any valid proof for any god must not mean that at least one of the religions is right with what it says.
Main Entry: re·li·gion
Pronunciation: ri-'li-j&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English religioun, from Anglo-French religiun, Latin religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice, perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back -- more at RELY
1 a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance.

Perhaps we simply have an instance where you said something other than what you meant to convey. It happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
If we can go back to what I was saying, I have a mate in the church community. His grandfather was a baptist minister, as much of a Christian as you can be, he left because of their attitude.
Still a christian? If so, then I'm not sure how this applies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
My point is that I would hate people to turn away from atheism or be put off it to begin with because of their attitude, especially if I were to be the one responsible for it.
Best of luck with that.

AbE: Hey, and in the interest of getting this thread back on topic, here's a clip on "christian tolerance" by one of my favorite vloggers:

Link

Last edited by Achilles; 10-06-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #179
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,263
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
I'm not sure how you are reading "I'll refuse to change position/consider evidence" into this? Where is it written that if I am given proof for the existence of a entity commonly know as "god", and accept it, I will also have to accept religion?
Ray Jones said:
Quote:
And I said any valid proof for any god must not mean that at least one of the religions is right with what it says.
So "any valid proof for any god must not mean that at least one of the religions is right with what it says" equals "who accepts evidence for god to be existing has to accept religion?

Quote:
Main Entry: re·li·gion
Pronunciation: ri-'li-j&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English religioun, from Anglo-French religiun, Latin religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice, perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back -- more at RELY
1 a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance.
And? Did you read me say worship, devotion, or faith anytime? Wouldn't evidence for god to be an existing entity kill god's supernatural status?

Quote:
Perhaps we simply have an instance where you said something other than what you meant to convey.
Naaaah. You may misconceive my meaning, and thus I maintained a small graphic:



Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #180
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
Are you still on about me being Nancy? Okay, anyone buy a birth certificate?

Removed copy of document for safety/security reasons. --Jae

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 10-08-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 06:23 PM   #181
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
So "any valid proof for any god must not mean that at least one of the religions is right with what it says" equals "who accepts evidence for god to be existing has to accept religion?
I'm asking you to clarify your argument. You can do so however you would like

This is the one I'm still stuck on:
"And seriously present me some proof for god or spiritual experiences all you want, no religion would be an option for me, even if god was my neighbour."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
And? Did you read me say worship, devotion, or faith anytime? Wouldn't evidence for god to be an existing entity kill god's supernatural status?
Indeed it would, but this wasn't about natural vs. supernatural status, rather existence vs. non-existence. Your argument seemed to be that you would continue do deny god's existence even if you had evidence. If this is not what you meant to convey or if you feel that I somehow misconstrued your argument, please just say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jones
Naaaah. You may misconceive my meaning, and thus I maintained a small graphic:
Entirely possible

Like the cartoon! Hope god doesn't end up with back problems later in life. Oh wait...
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #182
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,263
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
I'm asking you to clarify your argument. You can do so however you would like

This is the one I'm still stuck on:
"And seriously present me some proof for god or spiritual experiences all you want, no religion would be an option for me, even if god was my neighbour."
The figure has it all: proof of existence, neighbourhood, and no religion.

The 'spiritual experience' is on it too, but later. XD

Quote:
Your argument seemed to be that you would continue do deny god's existence even if you had evidence.
Well, I'm not the type of guy who ignores evidence. Even less if it's evidence of boobs. :P


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2007, 06:43 AM   #183
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
Looking at the Ethical Atheist site again I see some posts that suggest people get off on upsetting others. There is even a thread that specifically states this. I turned to atheism because I consider it more moral than religion. How can we claim to be moral in light of this?
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2007, 07:50 AM   #184
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
How can we claim to be moral in light of the behavior of others? Not sure I understand the concern.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2007, 08:38 AM   #185
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
I fear their actions may reflect poorly on atheism as a whole.
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #186
Samuel Dravis
 
Samuel Dravis's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,973
Rogue, what other people do does not really matter for your actions to be moral (or not). You can't say that since some atheists are immoral, then all of them are - just as you can't say the same of religion. Similarly, no one could claim that since some atheists are moral, all atheists are moral. The conclusion just doesn't follow from the premises.

Does the actions of the few reflect poorly on the rest? Sure. That doesn't mean that it should be this way, however. Actions should not based on what some other atheist (or anyone else!) does or doesn't do - and if they aren't, then that "poor reflection" simply prejudice talking.

I think that atheists are perhaps more capable of being moral than someone dogmatically religious, due to their not being entirely free to act on their own volition. This being said, atheists are just as fallible as the next person, so I wouldn't count on them for an example unless you've examined and understand the reasons for their actions. Whether that example is good or bad depends on the person, not on their religious status.


"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2007, 04:52 AM   #187
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
Hmmm, that is quite wise. It makes me wonder about pointing out religious acts and going 'see, see, religion is evil.'
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2007, 11:15 AM   #188
tk102
Well past expiration date
 
tk102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,767
Current Game: FTL
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Warrior
Hmmm, that is quite wise. It makes me wonder about pointing out religious acts and going 'see, see, religion is evil.'
So would you say post #114 in this thread was one you made in your younger, naive days?
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2007, 06:29 PM   #189
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
By that should I be acting like we are at war against religion.
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2007, 06:59 PM   #190
tk102
Well past expiration date
 
tk102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,767
Current Game: FTL
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
I don't think you should be acting like anyone other than who you are.

Do you or do you not feel that religion is evil and should be wiped from the earth? Were you joking when you wrote that or serious? If you say something one post and then reverse it another, you should provide explanation as to why so that you do not come across as nonsensical.
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2007, 05:15 AM   #191
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
I stand by my comment, and am content to simply state my stance on religion. I, this is just be by the way, do not feel the need to archive and pick faults.
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #192
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,654
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
You know, your 'friend' Nancy used to do the same exact thing. When confronted by a pointed statement or question, she would sidestep it by saying something nonsensical and/or ignoring it completely and starting down the road to a new topic.

This charade is getting really old, Nancy.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2007, 08:45 AM   #193
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
How did I not answer the question? For that matter, if you are still on about me being Nancy then what would it take for me to prove I am not?
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #194
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,263
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
What do you know about this thing called "Internet Protocol address"?


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #195
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Check. If they match, she's a sock puppet. Otherwise, drop the subject.

The staff is evaluating the situation. Back on topic everyone, please. --Jae


Last edited by Jae Onasi; 10-10-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #196
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,263
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Call me whiny weener winnie, but is that always my posts gettin' deleted??? ;_;


XDDD

to the ontopic:



Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2007, 04:39 AM   #197
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
Christianity is a religion of tolerance is it? If so then why is a girl tormented in the church community and when she leaves the members go on a character assassination?
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2007, 05:32 AM   #198
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,263
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Wouldn't it make more sense to ask this particular question to the church community in question?


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2007, 05:39 AM   #199
Rogue Warrior
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geelong Australia
Posts: 207
A mate saw this and asked about it. The answer was there were a lot of new Christians finding their way. I dunno, does that excuse their actions or give atheists a big stick to beat them over the head with?
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2007, 05:56 AM   #200
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]
 
Ray Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: digital
Posts: 8,263
10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Err, what? Would you mind to rephrase?


Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Christianity is a religion of tolerance and other assorted myths

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.