lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Effects didn't change!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-05-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
AtinMartrec
Lurker

Effects didn't change!

Hello!
I'm new here and i have a problem:
I modded the .efx of the jetpack from ForceMod III. With EffectsEd i deleted the smoke particles and saved. After i PK3d it nothing happened to my effects in the game. There were still the old jetpack .efx with the smoke particles.
What did i do wrong? I search this forum for the whole day but i did never find an answer.
Please, help me!
Sorry for bad English
AtinMartrec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
Thor the Bassis
Rookie

I'm no effects master but if you saved it and pk3d it properly that should have worked(?). Have you pk3d it with the rest of forcemod or are you running it as a separate mod. Could something be overriding the new version of your efx file?

My hunch is the problem lies in the loading of the file and something overwriting the new file after it has loaded the new file (either from the original game or another pk3 somewhere). If the game loads another <filename>.efx file from another pack after it has loaded your new version (where the filenames are the same) then it will overwrite your new version.

Sometimes in life you're the pigeon. Other times you're the statue.
Thor the Bassis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #3
AtinMartrec
Lurker

I edited the original file but i've tested sth.:
I deleted ALL *.efx the jetpack needs from my pk3s but the effects were still in the game. Where can i see what effects the jetpack uses? Nothing can override the *.efx because they come only with forcemodIII.
Thanks for your tips!
AtinMartrec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > Effects didn't change!