lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Enabling Cheats (kotor 1)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-31-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
Knight_OF_Light
Lurker

Enabling Cheats (kotor 1)

Ok I know in order for cheat codes to be enabled on Kotor 1 you have to edit a game file and put "EnableCheats=1"
under [Game Options] and I did this but when I try to save the file it says this-

"cannot create the C\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\swkotor.ini. file."

"make sure that the path and file name are correct. "

and yes I'm saving the file name as swkotor.ini

and I've made sure that the "read only" box isn't checked in the properties so I'm at a complete loss... is their anything anyone can think of to help me? I just cannot get it to save the "EnableCheats=1" your help would be greatly appreciated...

I'm running windows Vista and I've tried Notepad and Wordpad to edit the file.
I've been told that this could be some kind of Vista security feature... is their any way around this??

It is extremely frustrating and I've tried everything I can think of... please help..

------------------EDIT--------------

Ok well I finally got the file to edit and I added "EnableCheats=1" under Game Options without the quotations.. anyway... I got the file to edit by dropping the file onto the desktop and then editing it and then putting back into the folder... But I tried the game and it still doesn't let me cheat.... It's like it just doesn't recognize that I added the line... because in-game the cheat console doesn't appear when pushing ~ so.. what's the problem now? Is it the way I went about editing the file?

Last edited by Knight_OF_Light; 11-04-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Knight_OF_Light is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Try logging on as an administrator.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2007, 12:41 AM   #3
Knight_OF_Light
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur
Try logging on as an administrator.
already did... thanks anyway.

"One thing's for sure, we're all gonna be a lot thinner." - Han Solo-

"-Jolee Bindo-: "You know, you remind me of someone I used to know. Promising young man, great destiny. Breath like a bantha."
Revan: "Did you annoy this person endlessly, too?"

-Jolee Bindo-: "But from now on you can just think of me as any other non-Jedi in our little group - with a light saber. And Force powers"

-Bastila Shan-: "On which planet were you born?
Revan: Kashyyyk. I'm a Wookiee, can't you tell?"
Knight_OF_Light is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
Yaotzin
Lurker

Sometimes programs bug out and don't release files they were using when you close them. Assuming it's that, restarting should fix it.

Worst case, boot in safe mode, log in admin and edit it. If that doesn't work I haven't a clue what's wrong :P
Yaotzin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #5
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Yeah, I'm at a loss when it comes to Vista: I've never even seen it, let alone used it.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Moving to Padawans Lounge...

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #7
Ponyboy47
Lurker

I had this same error
You need to right click on the swkotor.ini file and select properties
then you need to edit permissions to allow your current user 'Full Control'
after that you will be able to edit and save the file
Ponyboy47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Enabling Cheats (kotor 1)