lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Main PC?
Revan 52 32.70%
The Exile 8 5.03%
"Some-Random-Guy-With-Amazing-Force-Potential" 60 37.74%
I don't care if I play as Ajuur, just make the darn game..... 39 24.53%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Revan.... Or Exile... Or Random Guy
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-11-2008, 02:54 PM   #81
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Not interested in Playing Exile again, with Nihilus dead what is her function? and although I'm a Revan Fan we need a new PC IMO. New story, new character, or at least tie up any loose ends with Revan/Exile in the beginning and establish the game, then pass the Courvoisier to the new PC.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #82
JCarter426

Function? Killing Nihilus wasn't the Exile's function. That was just part of her training, which concluded when she killed Kreia.

To reiterate what I said before, Obsidian planned for the Exile to be the PC of K3. So that's how it should be.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #83
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
No, I said she no longer has a function, not that that was her function, her unique use of the force was the answer to nihilus' unique use of the force was it not? I don't consider her an especially powerful or interesting character (and the game was stylistically very different IMO). I think the way obsidian wrote TSL (due to there lack of access to K1) would make a possible trilogy feel unbalanced if another sequel were to focus on the Exile again.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #84
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

I think its important for Both Revan and the Exile to appear in the story for Kotor III in a major fashion. Revan is easy to include because he/she has a clearly defined look that is independant of whatever was chosen by the player for their PC in the first KOTOR 1. As such I thought that Revan would make a viable NPC to recruit later in the game. The exile would be harder to include, so it appears that the Exile would be an easier choice for a PC. But there are complications with him/her too. One could either come up with an excuse to depower them or just start them off with force powers. Both of which may not seem like a good note to start off another new RPG. Otherwise I think a new guy who was just a promising young force sensetive from the Repulic would be a good choice.

Last edited by Non-false Jedi; 05-01-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #85
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

If K3 takes place out of the galaxy, which I think it pretty much has to in order to follow the story line, then either Revan or the Exile would make sense as the PC.

If it's Revan, the PC could start off doing whatever he's been doing for however long he's been gone, and stumble into the Exile at some point in the game after the Exile took Kreia's advice to "go where no loved one can follow".

If it's the Exile, it might be an easier transition, as the PC could start from where he left off, escaping Malachor and heading for the unknown regions in search of Revan and the True Sith.

I think starting with another unknown would be too difficult to incorporate both Revan and the Exile into the story.

Personally, even though I think the transition might be easier with the Exile as the PC, I voted for Revan since I enjoyed playing as Revan more than I did the Exile, and I think Revan's story is more interesting.
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #86
exilefollower
Lurker

How about this....

I think that it needs to start out with a brand new character for the pc (even though I voted exile out of loyalty). Have the new PC be a jedi trainee (from Atton hopefully) and be sent out to the unknown regions. Once there you find both Revan and the Exile.
With Reven leading a war effort against the True Sith and the Exile naturally being his General. Perhaps you could have the player choose alignments of Revan and the exile (but the alignments must be common between the exile and revan) or just have them be light side to keep it simple. From there you go of on a mission from either Revan or the Exile that has you pitted against the true sith.
Perhaps even have Atton and Mira from TSL and Johlee(a must because he is hilarious) , and bastilla or carth from kotor 1 all be party members. That way you get interaction from the characters that you love and you can throw in new allies to join your party to make things new and interesting. And have the other characters making cameos.
From that I think you could get a great story along with the return of the characters you know and love.
and have this taking place a couple of years after TSL
TSL is a great game no matter what anyone says!
exilefollower is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 12:42 AM   #87
darthclydefrog
Rookie

Forgive me if this idea has been posted, (I'm not trying to plagiarize anyone) but what if you started as a younger character and as you progressed through the game you eventually find out you are the son/daughter of revan/exile. There could be a total Empire moment. The cool thing is that depending on dialog choices early in the game (ala KOTOR 2) your parent could be either revan or the exile. Don't ask me what dialog cause i have no idea.
darthclydefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 01:31 AM   #88
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
Both terrible ideas IMO.

Those ideas would make everyone the same.
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 02:08 AM   #89
darthclydefrog
Rookie

Yeah probably right... just have to wait it out and see what they come up with....
Old 07-19-2008, 02:56 AM   #90
RyuuKage

in K3 it would make the most sense if one of them (preferably Revan :P) was the PC and the other a party member, but I think at this point with the MMO announcement, i'll take Ajuur just so long as it happens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-false Jedi View Post
I think its important for Both Revan and the Exile to appear in the story for Kotor III in a major fashion. Revan is easy to include because he/she has a clearly defined look that is independant of whatever was chosen by the player for their PC in the first KOTOR 1. As such I thought that Revan would make a viable NPC to recruit later in the game. The exile would be harder to include, so it appears that the Exile would be an easier choice for a PC. But there are complications with him/her too. One could either come up with an excuse to depower them or just start them off with force powers. Both of which may not seem like a good note to start off another new RPG. Otherwise I think a new guy who was just a promising young force sensetive from the Repulic would be a good choice.
Actually, depowering the Exile could be possible. Since the Exile was feeling the Force through Kreia in K2, then Kreia's death theoretically would again sever those ties. In K3, she (the Exile) could be restoring her own personal connection to the Force...although I guess that would force Exile as PC and Revan as a powerful party member ...
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 03:01 AM   #91
darthclydefrog
Rookie

KOTOR3's gonna happen...right.....guys.......
Old 07-19-2008, 03:03 AM   #92
RyuuKage

hopefully...i mean, i can't imagine any company being so stupid as to not follow up on what's become a huge franchise. It'd be like Bungie abandoning Halo at Halo 2 (heck, we've even got a pseudo-cliffhanger ending in K2). Then again, LA is making a fair number of questionable decisions lately, no doubt in great measure due to their new former-EA (barf) president...
RyuuKage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #93
mattig89ch

give me some random dude.
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2008, 02:21 AM   #94
sarpedon2
Rookie

Uh can't we just have Zayne just to bring the whole Kotor Saga together (only if he didn't die at the battle of Malachor V)
sarpedon2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #95
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Zayne? Who the hell is Zayne?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #96
Scars Unseen
Rookie

I think that they shot themselves in the foot by using the D20 system, which scales very badly. They shot themselves in the foot again by allowing Revan to reach level 20 in the first game. One of the reasons that the Baldur's Gate series remains a benchmark in CRPGs is that the devs didn't rush the story. The main character had a level cap of about 9 in the first game, and he was fighting someone trying to be a god. The game had good pacing for a semitrilogy and felt like a single story. KOTOR, on the other hand, peaked too soon and TSL feels completely unconnected.

Don't get me wrong. I loved KOTOR. As a stand alone title it was quite good. I just wish that developers wouldn't shoot for Super Saiyan right out of the door. As it stands, I almost wish Bioware or Obsidian would just start an entirely new story in a different era and take it a bit slower. Or better yet, not even use D20.

Now then. On topic, yes? Revan would be ideal if they could manage the difficulties of high level play. Kind of doubt it though. So I would go with a new character. Perhaps you start out on a ship that's under attack in the Outer Rim. Since it is incredibly likely that the Ebon Hawk would make yet another appearance in a SP K3, you end up getting rescued by the Exile. With your ship damaged beyond repair, she is forced to bring you along into the Unknown Regions.

Along the way, you are found to be force sensitive and get trained as an apprentice, with Revan playing a role similar to the Wanderer in Diablo 2: always just ahead, always at the center of trouble. It would be important that it is never made clear whether Revan was light or dark until late in the game. The player should always be wondering if he is on his way to help Revan or stop him.

After that, it all depends on what the devs decide to do with the "Troo Sith."
Scars Unseen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2008, 02:13 AM   #97
sarpedon2
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Zayne? Who the hell is Zayne?
Zayne Carrick
sarpedon2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2008, 06:47 PM   #98
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I would be enjoy being Reaven again, but playing as a rondom character with a backward of my own choosing would be sweet!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #99
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Random guy for me. The ending of KII lead me to believe that whatever path the Exile took that she was simply going to join Revan. KIII should tie up all of the loose ends and introduce a new rookie, like a padawan (yes jedi from the beginning this time).

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2008, 12:04 PM   #100
Christos K
Forumite

I would LOVE it if we played as the Exile from where we left off from her/him and have maybe about 5 hours of gameplay with the Exile that would be used to find Revan (We would customize both Revan and teh Exile, Revan would have sligtly aged face but the same that we saw in K1 and the Exile would have the EXACT same faces.) and once we find Revan we can choos to either play Revan or the Exile. But if it is TOO complicated for the game makers to do this so they can make everyone happy I want Revan to be PC. But if they do have it a new character I hope they are lucky and smart as hell to find a way to fit in the 3rd most powerful jedi that has lived yet.
1. Revan (Nothing special happened to Revans force capabilities like the Exile and was just as powerful)
2. The Exile (Who knows how strong the exile would have been if she/he was not "stripped" of the force.
3. Another Jedi that we will be forced to like and have to compare to Revan and the Exile.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2008, 02:40 PM   #101
mattig89ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpedon2 View Post
Zayne Carrick
Still not ringing any bells.

Acually if they made Revan come back from the outer rim and start trying to rebuild the jedi order (or destroy it completely ) then that would work. And through your conversations you could determine the alignment of each character. But revan would have to be like .
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 01:53 PM   #102
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
I'd prefer a random girl (or guy). Having it be the Exile would make the trilogy unbalanced (Revan, Exile, Exile). Having Revan just wouldn't be fun. I mean, come on, unless the Jedi Council wipes his mind AGAIN she (or he) is gonna be a demi-god a the beginning of the game!

Ah--idea is coming--idea is here!

How about this: Revan was a guy or a girl, and the Exile was the opposite gender. They found each other out in the Unknown Regions and figured, "Hey. We aren't gonna go back, and even if we do, Bastila/Carth and Atton/Disciple/Visas/Handmaiden are gonna be dead by then, the way the galaxy's goin. Let's get married." Voila! Nineteen years later, we have their kid. She/he grew up in the Unknown Regions, learning on her/his feet as they battled the True Sith. Revan and the Exile and our new hero(ine) kill the leader of the bad guys, only to find that this is a trap and it wasn't really the leader! The real leader and about fifty of his best minions walk in and kill Revan and the Exile. However, he takes our new hero(ine) and tries to force her/him to become his apprentice. The hero(ine) refuses and gets locked up while the leader of the Sith goes and attends to other matters. HK-47, who has come in search of Master one and Master two, finds our hero(ine), discovers her/his identity, and rescues her/him from a grim fate! HK 'commandeered' the Ebon Hawk to come looking for Revan and the Exile, so we still have our dear old Millenium Falcon spin-off. Bastilla/Carth and Atton/Disciple/Handmaiden/Visas came after HK, so here we have the two old flames of our hero(ine)'s parents! Bit of conflict there, I would imagine! Anyway, our hero(ine) picks up one of the True Sith and convinces him/her to join them, and we have our fourth party member. Somewhere we pick up five more people, and among them, we have a love interest and all that. Hopefully, those five people won't include Mandalore or T3, and for goodness' sake, not Bao-dur! They've annoyed me enough! But I want HK.

Argh, now who to vote for. I'm not going for Revan or the Exile or some random guy, and definitely not Ajuur! I guess random guys fits Revan and the Exile's kid description best.

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #103
TheDarkApprentice
Rookie

I'd be a random guy/girl. Just aslong as its a little more difficult ot gain levels. Possibly being like an actual padawan for some master some where. -shrugs- but i wouldn't mind being revan again.

It isn't the light I seek, nor the darkness within my own heart. But the truth I feel threw out the galaxy, the presance that calls to me.

My Stories:

Into The Present- In Progress
TheDarkApprentice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 06:45 AM   #104
Darth Revenant
Lurker

random guy. And I hope they include more face/hair options if they are indeed making another one.
Darth Revenant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2008, 02:52 AM   #105
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

My opinion:
I seriously hope itll be revan or the exile.
i wouldnt mind even playing them both.
i also wouldnt mind something like, playing one of the previous party members.
it would also be great for me if it were like:
bastila gets fed up of 'waiting' and finds a lead, goes to malachor, gets a bit more powerful, (maybe learns both light and dark like revan did... twice. coz anyone going out there needs it)
then heads of into the unknown region with say, other party members who wont go away like "friends stick together" and all that jazz. (and even, say, atton who wants to find the exile? just like bastila wants to find revan)
it would be nice to have a hybrid party, characters from k1 and k2.(wouldnt it be great if we could see mission at 19?) but with k2's crapy ending, we dont know who survived, who made it of that rock, and whos on the ship and where the hawk was going. (unknown regions? i think not. remember its all about going alone. if the hawk WAS going to the unknown regions then that would mean a lot of party members didnt make it off malachor. and that cant be because of ol' madame traya's fortune telling about most of em.
i wouldnt mind if they started at lvl 20.

and about the earlier posts about obi wan: he was not just an average jedi. he was constantly referred too as 'one of the more powerful jedi knihgts'. and he held up against grevious because he completely let go and let the light side of the force move him.

EDIT:

oh and about the clothes
it seems to me that starting out in undies is a kotor tradition! it just wouldnt be kotor otherwise!

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 09-26-2008 at 03:18 AM. Reason: combined double-post
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #106
Christos K
Forumite

Oh come on there are ways around the level issue like why not give Revan/Exile or my favored Revan and the Exile a few good items and about 5 master force powers at the start of the game and than everything else is normal you saw what happened to the Ebon Hawk I bet they had to ditch EVERY single bit of anything on it after Malachor 5 everything except the clothes on their back and the plates on the droids and the armor on Mandalore hehehehe... I dont want another random mother @#$%er that becomes a multi Sith *LORD* killing HERO...

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:45 PM   #107
KesselRun
Lurker

Not considering how well this would translate to the story of KOTOR 3, but I would really want to play as Revan again. In TSL, I was almost as interested in finding everything out about what happened to Revan, as I was completing the Exile's story.

I just loved the character. He's the center of it all during that time period, and I'd love to finish things up with him.
KesselRun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2008, 08:57 PM   #108
Corinthian
Banned

I really hope Revan makes no appearance during KotoR 3. I hope he isn't mentioned, or touched upon, or even indirectly referenced. I HATE the character, ever since TSL turned him into a gigantic Mary-Sue.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #109
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
I really hope Revan makes no appearance during KotoR 3. I hope he isn't mentioned, or touched upon, or even indirectly referenced. I HATE the character, ever since TSL turned him into a gigantic Mary-Sue.
well, youre a minority

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #110
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
...therefore his opinion doesn't matter? What the hell kind of elitist planet are you from?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

Old 10-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #111
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
well, youre a minority
Actually, he isn't. Quite a few of us hate Revan for the very reasons that Corinthian mentioned - i'm sick of Revan - he didn't even appear in K2 and he got on my nerves...

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #112
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Quote:
What the hell kind of elitist planet are you from?
JIGOS was simply making a comment...

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 02:15 AM   #113
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
...therefore his opinion doesn't matter? What the hell kind of elitist planet are you from?
the same one as yours

whao!, i didnt mean anything like that!
are you joking?
there are opinion groups about everything. i dont have anything against them.
Quote:
Actually, he isn't. Quite a few of us hate Revan for the very reasons that Corinthian mentioned - i'm sick of Revan - he didn't even appear in K2 and he got on my nerves...
thats cool. how many of you are there?

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #114
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
the same one as yours

whao!, i didnt mean anything like that!
are you joking?
there are opinion groups about everything. i dont have anything against them.
The fact that your post consisted of nothing other than saying that he was in a minority strongly implied that for some reason his opinion is invalidated, and from where I'm standing that comes off as extremely imperious.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #115
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
thats cool. how many of you are there?
Me and Corinthian for a start, and there's a few more people too.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2008, 01:56 AM   #116
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
The fact that your post consisted of nothing other than saying that he was in a minority strongly implied that for some reason his opinion is invalidated, and from where I'm standing that comes off as extremely imperious.
what, youve never heard that statement before...?
its a joke.

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #117
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
1. If it was a joke, then who here found it funny?

2. If it was a joke, how was it supposed to be funny?

3. How was I supposed to know it was a joke? I'm not a mind-reader.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:20 AM   #118
csneo23
Rookie

I believe Revan would be the best choice or someone new if it takes place in a newer or older era. What I think is really important is that the character is as dynamic and awesome as Revan was. I loved Revans dark outfit and his persona. I think it would of been cool if a game was made maybe where you can see a revelation of the future ahead of time so that in the middle of near middle of the game you can pick light side, or dark side. This would make the game interesting, so for example you can play as the "Dark Evil Sith Lord Revan", or you can play as the "Light Side Redemption" Revan.
csneo23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2008, 03:55 AM   #119
Christos K
Forumite

We should play as Exile for a part of the game. Where we left off with him/her on Malachor 5 searching for Revan and than once something happens whether it be we find Revan or Revan finds us or something else we than get to play as Revan. We get to customize both Revan and the Exile at the start of the game. About the level bull **** everyone keeps using as an excuse. I am sure the games developer will add new feats and powers and maybe even (What I am hoping for) More tiers of each power + feat. We should be able to pick a couple of good feats and powers for Revan and the Exile. And the rest of the game plays as normal. About items I think each characters should atleast have one item that ONLY they can use. K2 was pretty good at doing this... And a reason we wouldnt have tons of good items is because... You saw what happened to the Ebon Hawk they would of had to ditch so stuff over board not to mention the amount of stuff that would be broken.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #120
Corinthian
Banned

Jigos hates black people.

No, I'm kidding. I'm not even black. I'm not offended anyway.

Also, Revan isn't dynamic or awesome. We've never even SEEN him when we weren't in control of Revan.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Revan.... Or Exile... Or Random Guy