lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Second expansion for Neverwinter Nights 2 (Storm of Zehir)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-23-2008, 09:59 AM   #81
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Well, that's not completly true. But it's harder to get dialouges with NPC now then in the normal NWN2. First the cohorts have unique dialouges sometimes in the new dialouge tree, if you switch to there characther they can choose diffrent responses during some of the quests. And you can initiate a dialouge with them by holding shift and right clicking on them, more often then not they have nothing to say but sometimes after quests they have dialouges.

The conversations are more like in BG2 where they only peek in sometimes but you can never initiate a conversation with them

But since you create a four man party the game focus more on your four main characthers then the cohorts NPC:s, and the dialouge can be very diffrent depending on the skills and stats of your four main characthers.
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #82
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arátoeldar View Post
I can tell you that there are a lot of unhappy people over at SA. Most of them feel like the game is trying too hard to be like a MMORRG instead of a SPRPG. They feel that Atari/OE betrayed them with the lack of reviews before the game came out.
goons bitching about something isnt really an indicator of its quality

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2008, 04:37 AM   #83
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Installed the game yesterday and have been playing it for most of today. Some of my first impressions...

Pros:
- The AI. Enemies, particularly spellcasters, are a lot smarter than they used to be. They'll actually cast spells at you (and themselves in the case of buffs), which is a refreshing change of pace.

- The loot is balanced. At level 10 a +3 weapon is something to be excited over.

- The overland map, obviously.

- Skills matter. Listen and Spot can detect approaching encounters. Survival makes your party move faster in forested areas on the overland map (and in turn help avoid encounters, which despite the XP gain you actually want to do). Search can find hidden loot. Even playing an 18 Int rogue I still couldn't cover everything.

- What I've heard of the music so far has been pretty good. There's only a few instances in which pieces from the OC and MotB are reused, and even then they're appropriate ones (such as the Thayan academy music playing in the Neverwinter Thayan embassy).

- The game assumes Neeshka is dead, as I've not seen her around Crossroad Keep or heard any mention of her.

- Minor tie-ins to the 4e Forgotten Realms. Although I don't like a lot of the changes that were made there, it makes the setting feel less static.

Cons:
- The new dialogue system. I think being able to take advantage of all your party's skills is overrated, since it ensures a diverse enough group will be able to handle any situation that gets thrown at them. Which in turn takes away replay value and makes the player's chosen class irrelevant.

My chiefest complaint with the new system, though, is how there are no longer any cinematic KotOR-style conversations. Why couldn't Obsidian have let you switch between party members in the middle of those? Personally I think it really detracts from the atmosphere.

- There isn't a [Success/Failure] indicator in front of NPCs' responses to being Bluffed/Intimidated/Diplomacized (I'm sure that isn't a word). This wouldn't be very annoying on its own, but with how there are so many redundant uses of the conversation skills this makes things confusing.

For instance, during a conversation with Volo after you've retrieved a certain doodad for him, there's a [Diplomacy] option to say something along the lines of 'the locals will be offended if they see this, you should probably not keep it out in the open'. At the same time there's a non-Diplomatic option which says basically the same thing. With how there's no longer a [Success] or [Failure] indicator after you use a conversation skill on an NPC, I can't be sure if said skills are a waste of points or not - each time they come up, there are skill-independent responses that say the same thing.

- The story is fairly slow. I'm not saying it's bad per say, just slow - I've spent about half the weekend playing the game, and essentially all I've found out is that
spoiler:
the ship at the start of the game was sabotaged by someone working for the yuan-ti
. Still absolutely no idea why they wanted to. By this time in MotB I'd have found out my PC is the new spirit-eater.

- The cohorts don't have much to say - on their own, that is. One of the disadvantages of the new dialogue system is that if you want to see what they'd quip up with, you have to switch over to them (so switching to a cohort who's a paladin will give a lawful good-ish response to choose from). Even so, it's still impossible to sit down and chat with them like you could with the companions from MotB/the OC. This makes them feel pretty devoid of any personality, but perhaps they'll quip up at a more plot-critical moment. I've not played a whole lot of the main quest yet (running around the overland map exploring caves and dungeons eats up a lot of time).

- Random encounters on the overland map are too frequent. If they could have been limited to just one a day with all the rest optional, that would've been super. But combined with how each encounter loads a new area and some of them can be significantly below your party's level (encounters only run away from you if their EL is 6 lower), this can be pretty annoying. I've found the best solution is for a character with a high Hide skill to lead the party around the map, and to switch over to one with high Survival if an encounter notices you (Survival makes your party move faster on the map). If you can give chase for long enough it eventually gives up.

- The game assumes Sand is dead, as I've not seen him around Crossroad Keep or heard any mention of him. Unfortunately the same can't be said of Nasher.

And that's that for now. Despite my cons list being twice as long as the pros, I'm actually having fun with the game so far - I'm just a lot more verbose when I criticize things than when I compliment them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2008, 07:55 AM   #84
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon View Post
- The cohorts don't have much to say - on their own, that is. One of the disadvantages of the new dialogue system is that if you want to see what they'd quip up with, you have to switch over to them (so switching to a cohort who's a paladin will give a lawful good-ish response to choose from). Even so, it's still impossible to sit down and chat with them like you could with the companions from MotB/the OC. This makes them feel pretty devoid of any personality, but perhaps they'll quip up at a more plot-critical moment. I've not played a whole lot of the main quest yet (running around the overland map exploring caves and dungeons eats up a lot of time).
Reread my post above, you can get into conversations with them like in NWN2 and MotB by holding shift and click them, but like i said earlier they usally don't have anything to say but sometimes they do.

It's not near the same class as in MotB or even the normal NWN2, but you can still talk to them sometimes by not switching to them in conversations
Old 11-24-2008, 08:15 AM   #85
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantzen View Post
It's not near the same class as in MotB or even the normal NWN2, but you can still talk to them sometimes by not switching to them in conversations
Baldurs Gate II didn't have any player initiated conversation with party members either, but still managed fairly decently to give (a few of) them personality. Will the cohorts do like in BG2 and start conversation with you at the worst possible moments to vent whatever's on their mind?

(Still remember an incident in BG2 where we were just about to start fighting a Lich. While the Lich was just about to finish casting Time Stop, Anomen butted in with some conversation about being frustrated with his dad. I half expected the lich to interject with "Do you mind? I'm trying to kill someone here!". )

If the cohorts don't have much in the way of conversation, is there any point in bringing them along instead of your own custom created characters in the party? Do they have anything your own characters don't?

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #86
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

From what i experince the cohorts have some unique dialoges with some NPC:s, and sometimes after a quest if you initiate a conversation with them they can have something to say about what just happend. I haven't notice that they start conversations like in BG2, you most start it when the moment is right. Sometimes when you enter a area they say something about the area, but do not initiate a dialouge about it.

The point of bringing them with you is that you can only have four custom characther, if you have a cohorts with you, you will have five members in the party instead of you custom created four.

And a last note, i don't have cohorts with me most of the time, i have only travled with them when i meet them during a quest and they can help you with it, then dumped them after the quest. So they maybe don't have anything to say about anything else then there quests.

But to say that they don't say anything is not correct. So the point Emperor Devon made about them feeling "pretty devoid of any personality" i can agree on
Old 11-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #87
Yar-El
Banned

Current Game: The Witcher
I didn't find this game to be engaging. Obsidian's storytelling is rather dull; however, the Storm of Zehir was not 100% made for that style. I give them thumbs up for inovation; nevertheless, it takes away from Obsidian making exciting and bug free games. I don't think Obsidian has what it takes to become a BioWare or Blizzard. Storm of Zehir is a throwback to the games in the 1990s, but with a twist of modern and yawn. Obsidian needs to put the amount of time they place into inovation aside; thus, allowing themselves some time to complete games and work on better storytelling. Neverwinter Knights 2 is a pretty good game; however, its second counterpart is rather dull and annoying.

I'm sure there will be people who think differently; nevertheless, I would not suggest this game to anyone who wants something exciting.
Yar-El is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #88
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Current Game: LotRO, EQ2 & RoM
Hot Topic Starter 
I like the option to play a Yuan-ti, though I have yet to see how hideous they made the females look... still installing.

Well the Yuan-ti dont look halfbad! Congrats to Obsidian for making a race that doesnt make me wrinkle my nose in disgust. lol Although they forgot to mention on the front of the package that you need to have MotB installed as well. >.>

Last edited by Aash Li; 12-07-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Aash Li is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #89
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Anyone know how to mod the camera controls back to the original version in nwn2 (or where to find one)? These new controls are making me crazy.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #90
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
Anyone know how to mod the camera controls back to the original version in nwn2 (or where to find one)? These new controls are making me crazy.
You can toggle between the three camera modes with a keyboard shortcut (* is default in my game). Exploration Mode is pretty much the same as default NWN2, if I remember correctly.

(You can set some graphics settings and key bindings independently for each camera mode in the options.)

On a side note, you can make ridiculous amounts of money in this game. When I sold most of my trade bars I got 4 million gold. Too bad there's nothing to spend it on.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:32 PM   #91
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

You could always retire as a millionare Pretty funny option that you can end the game before you finish it
Old 12-13-2008, 03:39 PM   #92
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
you can buy 4 million bone wands

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Old 12-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #93
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Current Game: LotRO, EQ2 & RoM
Hot Topic Starter 
I still wish we could mod the figures to give the females wider hips... breasts are ok size, but the hips look like they forgot to widen them for the female models...
Aash Li is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2008, 05:42 AM   #94
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Fixes and Workarounds for some of the regularly reported SoZ bugs/issues (last edited Dec 15/08)

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #95
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Is there a quick way to add cohorts to the party, like a console command or mod ? Im in the middle of nowhere, and meet One-of-Many with my evil party and it would take too long to return to a city too get cohorts.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #96
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
The console command partyadd should work. Just look up the tag of the cohort you want in the toolset or specify an NPC.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #97
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Ehhm, how exactly do i look up there tags ? Just using the cohorts name didn't work, and i have never used the toolset
Old 12-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #98
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Ehhm, how exactly do i look up there tags ? Just using the cohorts name didn't work, and i have never used the toolset
hmm

the cohorts i could find are co_<cohort name>, i.e. co_septimund, co_lastri, etc, etc

you can open up the toolset then just check the tags of npcs in the blueprints pane on the right side. cohorts are listed when you open up a soz module (they have x2 in the file name) and expand the cohorts branch

Old 12-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #99
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Thanks, i try that then. Will report back if it works ^^

Edit: Nope, don't seem to work with PartyAdd co_<cohort name>.

Damm, small spoiler about One-of-Many
spoiler:
You can sacrifice Cohorts to One-of-Many, but you need to sacrifice multiple of them to get a reward, and he is a really long way from any city so it would take forever to get all the sacrifices to him. Think i will skip that quest now

Last edited by Lantzen; 12-20-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #100
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Have finished Storm of Zehir for the second time now, and this time with a party just with Monks + Ribsmasher. Was a pretty funny experince, they kicked the **** out of most things and the end fight was a walk in the park. I sacrificed a little of one of the monks figthing skills, and made him INT/DEX focus so he was almost as good as a Rouge in lockpicking and Disable Device with feats increasing those skills, and he had also skills for the overall map. Most of the time when i meet spellcasters my monk was all over him and killed him before he even had time to cast his first buff

I really didn't think that party would work out in the long run, but it did and it was a hell of fun playing with it

Thinking about replaying MotB now, with a Swashbuckler/Duelist characther, those two seems to be a good fit to combine. Im wondering about the name of the mod, or if it's even a console command that increase the numbers of members you can have in the party. I remember it was so annoying that you had to leave one of the party members behind
Old 12-24-2008, 07:30 PM   #101
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Im wondering about the name of the mod, or if it's even a console command that increase the numbers of members you can have in the party. I remember it was so annoying that you had to leave one of the party members behind
Don't know the name of any mod that does it, but it's a pretty easy fix only requiring one script to be changed. Unzip the content of the attached file into your override folder and the companions shouldn't refuse to join due to your current party size.
Attached Files
File Type: zip motb_rostersizefix.zip (1.7 KB, 79 views)

Old 12-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #102
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

1.22 Beta Patch Available!

Quote:
Posted 12/19/08 23:40 (GMT) by Rob McGinnis

Instructions for downloading and installing the patch will be in the next post

Neverwinter Nights 2 Game Update 1.22
English BETA Patch Notes - December 19, 2008
Bug Fixes

General
* Spell focus feats are no longer available for Warlocks during character creation or level-up
* The class description of Stormlord has been changed to reflect the skills available.
* Weapon switching has been enabled for enemies, but not party members.
* Fixed an issue that allowed players to get the dinosaur companion for free.
* The item "Stone of Alarm" will now work as intended.
* Yuan-ti Purebloods now gain Alertness and Blind-Fight instead of Snakeblood, per PnP rules. Race description has been altered accordingly.
* The Flurry of Blows feat description has been altered to more accurately reflect which weapons can be used to gain the benefit of this feat.
* The Default Swashbuckler package will no longer choose Luck of Heroes at level 1.
* Familiars will always follow their masters, unless told to stand their ground.
* Fixed an issue that caused the 2d/3d bias option setting to not save.
* "Alchemist's Fire" will now add a damage bonus when applied to a weapon
* The Eldritch Lore feat description has been revised to reflect that its use is automatic, not selected.

Toolset & Custom Content
* Fixed an issue that was causing conversations to abort when no speaker is designated (the PC was designated as the speaker by default).
* A single TLK file is now required for custom content and module building. It must have a TLK extension to be seen by the toolset and the game.
* Two new module properties are available to designate a module as needing NX1 (Mask of the Betrayer), or NX2 (Storm of Zehir).
* The Ooze class has been enabled in the toolset.

Scripting
* DespawnRosterMember() will no longer cause a crash when used.

Multiplayer
* Action queues will no longer be cleared when a player toggles hostile/friendly in the player list. (In process).
* Adjustments have been made to WASD to decrease network traffic.

Spells (Special thanks to RPGPlayer1)
* Animate Dead now randomly summons a 5 HD skeleton or zombie warrior.
* Create Undead now randomly summons an 11 HD mummy, wraith, or ghast.
* Create Greater Undead now randomly summons a 15 HD vampire fighter or warlock, but only for 1 round/level to prevent it from being too powerful.
* The druid elemental wildshape form will now properly categorize the druid as an elemental.
* The Polymorph spell's gargoyle form will now properly categorize the caster as a monstrous humanoid.
* The Shapechange spell's nightwalker form will now properly categorize the caster as undead.
* Aura of Glory will no longer apply Charisma bonus to party members
* Cacophonic Burst: damage applied to first target won't be used when calculating damage to other targets (will roll damage separately for each target)
* Cacophonic Burst: will be properly maximized if having caster level below 15 (will not do full 90 points of damage anymore)
* Made adjustments to the number of enemies that Chain Lighting will affect.
* Made adjustments to the number of enemies that Wail of the Banshee will affect.
* Fixed Cloud of Bewilderment, so the Empower and Maximize metamagic abilities properly increase duration of effects on the target.
* The constitution damage of the Cloudkill spell now stacks properly and can no longer be dispelled.
* Color Spray: Blindness will no longer affect creatures immune to mind affecting spells.
* Color Spray: Will no longer trigger a spell resistance check on caster in some situations.
* Fixed Curse of Impending Blades (including Mass version), so it will check for spell resistance properly.
* Fixed Delayed Blast Fireball, so only enemies can trigger explosion.
* Fixed Doom, so saving throw isn't rolled if spell is blocked by spell resistance or immunity.
* Fixed Extract Water Elemental, so only non-living creatures are immune to it (Constructs and Undead), and not everyone who has immunity to Death magic (just like Horrid Wilting).
* Fire Storm is now capped properly at 20d6 damage.
* Fixed Flame Weapon, so it doesn't cancel out spells or abilities that add non-fire elemental damage to the weapons.
* Glyph of Warding spell will now check for spell resistance.
* Glyph of Warding spell will now allow a Reflex save for half damage.
* Glyph of Warding spell will now be properly affected by Empower or Maximize metamagic abilities.
* Glyph of Warding spell will no longer affect creatures outside its area of effect (vfx_persistent.2da change).
* Fixed Haste (including Warpriest version), so it can affect proper number of allies (enemies won't be counted anymore).
* The Jagged Tooth spell will now work when used on magical beasts or dragons (Dragon Companion and Druid epic wildshape forms included). (Work in progress - does not affect dragon companions).
* The Magic Fang spell will now work when used on magical beasts or dragons (Dragon Companion and Druid epic wildshape forms included).
* The Greater Magic Fang spell, will now work when used on magical beasts or dragons (Dragon Companion and Druid epic wildshape forms included).
* Critical hits from the Meteor Swarm spell will now double fire damage, not just blunt damage.
* Creatures immune to critical hits will no longer receive doubled damage on critical hits from a Meteor Swarm spell.
* Mind Fog will now properly check for spell resistance.
* Remove Fear now properly removes shaken effects caused by fear auras.
* Fixed Shades (Self), so that depleting damage reduction won't end its other effects.
* Critical hits caused by the Shocking Grasp spell will now be calculated properly.
* The Solipsism spell will now bypass paralysis immunity.
* The Solipsism spell will no longer be removed by spells that cancel paralysis.
* The Solipsism spell will be removed by Greater Restoration or the Mind Blank line of spells.
* The visual effects of the Solipsism spell have been changed.
* Stone Body, will no longer add electricity immunity, if same is already applied by the Stormlord class (prevents a bug with getting no immunity at all).
* The Storm of Vengeance spell will now calculate damage for each affected creature.
* The stun effect of the Storm of Vengeance spell is now removed properly if a target successfully saves.
* The effects of the Swamp Lung spell will no longer stack.
* The Tortoise Shell spell is now properly capped at 20th level (+9 bonus to AC).

Creature Abilities
* Fixed the Angel Protective Aura used by Planetars and Solars, so it affects all his allies. Also, it will give proper +4 bonus to saves and AC.
* Fixed Blindness/Deafness spell-like ability of Deep Gnome, so it has consistent save DC (always Cha based, with +4 racial modifier).
* Fixed Dragon Breath for all Dragons (including companions), so that damage is rolled for each target, instead applying the same value to all targets.
* Fixed Dragon Breath for Black Dragons, so it won't affect targets outside the "line of effect."
* The visual effect for the dragon companion's breath weapon will now display properly.
* The dragon companion's breath weapon will now have a proper save DC.
* The dragon companion's breath weapon damage output has been adjusted.
* The damage caused by the fire genasi's Reach to the Blaze ability has been adjusted.
* The water genasi Shroud of Fog ability will now affect creatures with spell immunities.

Class Abilities
* Fixed Dragon Breath ability of Red Dragon Disciples, so that damage is rolled for each target, instead applying same value to all targets.
* Fixed Favored Soul and Warpriest Haste ability, so it affects multiple targets correctly if targeted on caster himself.
* Fixed the Warpriest Implacable Foe ability, so it will not trigger attacks from companions if allied NPCs get affected by it.

Campaign Fixes (Spoilers beyond this point)

Neverwinter Nights 2 Campaign Fixes
* Fixed an issue that was causing a crash when exiting the Sunken Flagon.
* Fixed various conversation issues in the Skymirror area.

Storm of Zehir Campaign Fixes
* Reduced the spawn rate and maximum number of encounters on the overland map.
* The NPC Redfeyer will no longer simply sing in combat.
* The difficulty of the Priory of the Depths puzzle has been adjusted.
* Losing the deed to Parrum's Rock will no longer block quests.
* Resolved an issue where the Team Rush feat would cause the game to crash on module transition.
* Fixed an issue that caused Adreum to repeat his conversation.
* Fixed various text and misspelling issues in conversations and quests.
* Fixed a sequence issue with the "Wrath of Umberlee" quest.
* Fixed an issue that was causing the quantity of trade bars being carried to be misreported.
* Fixed an issue that was causing the players' demise to be reported prematurely.
* Fixed various issues with the Priory of the Depths puzzle.
* Septimund has been made unkillable in Port Llast.
* Fixed an issue that caused the undead to remain in Port Llast after you raise the army of the dead.
* Fixed an issue that was causing certain conversations to be presented as cutscenes.
* Players can now access rare resources stored in the warehouses.
* Septimund should now have the proper level.
* Fixed an issue with unlimited loot in some areas.
* Fixed an issue that allowed the scrying orb to give unlimited XP.
* Creature parts are no longer forced into the bounty bag and must be manually placed. This only applies to any new creature parts the player picks up. Existing parts in inventory still suffer under the old blueprints.
* Fixed issues related to customizing a character's package in the party editor.
* Fixed a sequence issue with the "Price of a Song" quest. The quest will now update properly.
* Chir's familiar will no longer be nameless.
* The NPC Soraevora has been improved.
* The "Shipwreck Survivor" epithet feat is now granted to all player-made characters.

SoZ Crafting
* Sound effects have been added to crafting.

[mod edit: fixed Mast of the Betrayer to properly reflect Mask ]
Quote:
Posted 12/19/08 23:45 (GMT) by Rob McGinnis

Just a reminder that this is a BETA Release of the 1.22 patch. Use this patch at your own risk!

You must be patched to version 1.21 of the game to take part in this beta.

These files are for the English version of the game only. The beta will not be released in other languages.

Instructions:

Simply follow the appropriate link below to download the beta patch. Remember where the patch download is saved.

Double click on the self-extracting file and the beta patch will install in the proper directory.

There is a patch installer and a revert patch. Make sure you are trying to install the correct one.

The patches can be downloaded from these links:

NWN2 v1.22 Beta Patch (English)
Update: Click Here
Revert: Click Here

Mask of the Betrayer v1.22 Beta Patch (English)

Storm of Zehir v1.22 Beta Patch (English)

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Old 01-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #103
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Storms of Zehir design interview with Kevin Saunders and Tony Evans
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum...hp?topic=699.0
Old 02-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #104
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
If you install SoZ it will mess up all the cinematic dialogs/cutscenes in MotB. The voiceover/lipsync will be gone and the game will race through the dialog nodes, making MotB rather unplayable.
To anyone's knowledge, has this been fixed yet?
Old 02-21-2009, 05:12 AM   #105
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon View Post
To anyone's knowledge, has this been fixed yet?
Yeah, there was a hotfix released a while back. But if you don't want to download 325mb or so, just rename (or make a copy of) VO_X1.zip to something else before installing SOZ, and rename it back after installing it.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #106
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Danke sehr.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #107
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

I see that Mysteries of Westgate has a review up on nwvault.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...s.Detail&id=49.

From what I have read it's the copy protection for Europe that is holding up the release of premium mod.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:12 AM   #108
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

I'd give it a week until the DRM that delayed this 2ish years is cracked.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #109
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
I see that Mysteries of Westgate has a review up on nwvault.
Interesting read. The silence and general lack of personality of your party members in Storm of Zehir was a bit disappointing, so it's good to have a return back to normal from that.

Quote:
From what I have read it's the copy protection for Europe that is holding up the release of premium mod.
If they are using the same kind of protection as the NWN premium modules where the new assets are encrypted, non-modifiable and not usable outside of the module they come with it's extremely counterproductive "protection". For a game where 3rd party modding is a bullet point feature at the back of the box it's a very odd choice to go with, one that makes me refuse to buy them no matter how good they are. Have to draw the line where the protection negatively effects the value of the product it protects.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #110
Phantom Joker
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
If they are using the same kind of protection as the NWN premium modules where the new assets are encrypted, non-modifiable and not usable outside of the module they come with it's extremely counterproductive "protection".
The mod and assets are currently encrypted, yes. However, the guys at Ossian have stated that the new models and tileset will be opened up to the community later on. They've also mentioned that they want it to be sooner rather than later. It's good news if everything goes according to plan.

Missing: One warship with full complement. If found please contact W. Bligh.
Phantom Joker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Second expansion for Neverwinter Nights 2 (Storm of Zehir)

Tags
expansion, game, neverwinter nights, storm of zehir