lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New To Scripting - Could Use Your Assistance
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #1
yawen
@yawen
Lurker

New To Scripting - Could Use Your Assistance

I have been poring over the internet in the hopes to find a specific tutorial or even a non-specific guideline as to how to do some scripting for Star Wars KOTOR I & II yet am unfamiliar with the language used to do so. I am very familiar with the use of scripting for other games yet for KOTOR I am unable to find anything on the internet that I may start with. How did you guys gain knowledge in this programming/scripting language? This is much more than a hobby, I guess you could say its a huge interest that I would enjoy vesting my time in. The tutorials out there right now are not bad, but they are not centered toward people like myself with little experience, and to be honest as much as I've studied them, I am still in the dark. I'm really hoping that many of you will reply to this, and please don't hesitate to post a reply even if you think your reply won't contain enough info., because I know it can be complicated but I would still appreciate any and all info. that you guys can offer. If anyone hasn't written a beginner friendly tutorial yet, this is something that (as far as I know) is not available yet, and it would be SO amazing if anyone decided to do something such as this!

Thank you for reading this, and I am really looking forward to hearing your replies!
yawen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2016, 10:23 AM   #2
darthtyren
@darthtyren
Rookie

Don't worry, I was about as clueless when I first started scripting. However, it isn't that difficult to learn from the tutorials that exist here on LF. In the intro to scripting tutorials written by stoffe and tk102 in the Tutorials: Scripting section of this forum, they explain the basics of SYNTAX and NWN scripting, and there are also plenty of example or template scripts on the forums to take a look at.

Good with dialogues and getting better
Working on Scripting and Module Editing/Re-skinning
Started work on Modeling New Areas
darthtyren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2016, 06:20 PM   #3
yawen
@yawen
Lurker

Thanks for your reply, that is encouraging to hear, and I will look into all of that!
yawen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2016, 12:54 AM   #4
Fair Strides
@Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
I would also recommend googling the NWN Lexicon. The Primer section of the Lyceum should be quite helpful.

All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.7 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Gamer > Community > The Star Forge > Knights of the Old Republic series > Holowan Laboratories > New To Scripting - Could Use Your Assistance