lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #1121
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Personally, I would go with silver, but it's coming along!

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #1122
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Looking great! Nice to see you're still making lots of progress. I'm guessing you're getting close to completion now, being in the beta and all?

My advice is to polish the mod, and polish it lots. When you come so close to the end of a project that has taken up years of your time, it's very tempting to rush that final crutial stage and just get the damned thing out the door. You should be looking to fix anything and everything you can find. Even the smallest of grammatical errors. Make it the best you can make it so you have no regrets. That way you won't get stuck churning out patch after patch for the next 6 months. :P

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #1123
salam263
Rookie

Current Game: kotor, tsl
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
Hey,

thank you,
I'm glad i was able to answer some of your questions. I have more of these coming in the next week or two.

RoR's GUI Interface:

I have been working on the last day and half on the GUI Interface for the game. This work was all due to Redrob41's discover of an old thread in LF forum that talked about changing colors of the GUIs.

I have been successful in starting to get these all changed.

I have some pics below you you guys to look at and wish to gt some feedback on the color.

Want to give you guys a heads up that the ones that have a very strong dark reddish color is due to the merging of the color change in the GUI file and the color of the icon in the override. All the dark red will be more of the Yellowish gold seen below. I just have to remove those tga files from the override which will be done last.

Let me know if you like the new Yellow/gold color so i can make this the official GUI color of the interface or will we need to teak this color. Want to make a decision now and not after it is all completed since its hours of editing involve.

Thanks!

I am still working on getting the dlg changed but in one pick I was able to get the bubbles dlg to change which will give you an idea of what it will look like.

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

MORE TO COME.........

Logan
that's really cool!
salam263 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #1124
MishraArtificer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
Looking great! Nice to see you're still making lots of progress. I'm guessing you're getting close to completion now, being in the beta and all?

My advice is to polish the mod, and polish it lots. When you come so close to the end of a project that has taken up years of your time, it's very tempting to rush that final crutial stage and just get the damned thing out the door. You should be looking to fix anything and everything you can find. Even the smallest of grammatical errors. Make it the best you can make it so you have no regrets. That way you won't get stuck churning out patch after patch for the next 6 months. :P
Remember, remember, the month of December, the year 2004,
When Lucasarts screwed up Obsidian's plans, and kicked KOTOR2 out the door.
The people were raging, "THIS GAME IS UNSTABLE!", Obsidian was angry, too,
but Lucasarts ignored its own idiocy, and told the people, "**** YOU."
Obsidian blamed Lucasarts, Lucasarts stuck to their gun.
Then Lucasarts kept them from fixing the game, and the people knew which one.

Now on to the post...I agree with everything on this quote with one exception: crucial?

Final polish (no, not Polish) is an absolute MUST on just about anything. It makes execution that much better if all of the code is clean first.

Now, if I could just find a new copy of the US version of KOTOR2...a shame Lucasarts still has a burr up its butt about its rushing the game before it was done.

P.S.: OH MY GOD, SILVEREDGE POSTED!!!!!!

Last edited by MishraArtificer; 11-12-2010 at 01:28 AM.
MishraArtificer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #1125
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
P.S.: OH MY GOD, SILVEREDGE POSTED!!!!!!
Silveredge9?! Epic! That guy is legend!

ON TOPIC: The GUI looks good, but, personally, I think the yellowish orange color is dancing a little on the line between distinguishing between combat and non-combat and being completely identical. Does that make any sense?

98% of teens today would die if facebook or twitter had a systems failure, if you are one of the 2% that would just sit back and laugh, copy this to your signature.

-AX
Anakin_Xisali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #1126
Jedi/Sith
Rookie

I would say that the yellowish orange color is looks cool. Keep up the good work on Revenge of Revan
Jedi/Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #1127
logan23
Veteran

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
ON TOPIC: The GUI looks good, but, personally, I think the yellowish orange color is dancing a little on the line between distinguishing between combat and non-combat and being completely identical. Does that make any sense?
I understand what your talking about. Your talking about the attack icons and the colors for them,etc.

There is a good chance they will get their color changed.

Ex. the yellow circles in the character creation might get some changes to the tone/intense of the color.

Even though there will be some tweaks with the yellow/gold in certain cases ....this will be the basic main color of teh interface. the red will be removed where you see in in the pics...they will look closer to teh yellow orange.

Thanks for the feedback

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #1128
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post

How does it feel to be the equivalent to semi god/rockstar in one of the nerdiest communities ever? Good, probably. I agree with what you said in this post, and i too have done it, and it feels terribly shi**y knowing that the most liked song from our demo is the worst recorded, played, sang, mixed and edited one

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #1129
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
My thought on the GUI update - it looks Sith-y, more like what I expected TSL's to look like.

That may have to do with the redness deal, but I like the change regardless. The gold/yellow tones are more neutral RE: force alignment, but somehow still give me a sithier feel.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #1130
darthcoolness
Lurker

Hey Logan,
You are doing great With Kotor:Revenge of Revan. I would so love to play the demo when you are done beta testing it.
darthcoolness is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #1131
Working Class Hero
Rookie

I liked the first color you had. The new one seems way too bright for me.
Working Class Hero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #1132
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Im liking the colors anything but that garbage green...anyhow keep at it

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
TSL-O.T.E.--MODELS ON MOD DB......
Show spoiler

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2010, 03:18 AM   #1133
Doc Valentine
Ha-Ha Kotor Modding

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Lookin pretty snazzy my friend. Keep up the good work!

I don't need you no more in this world. I'll meet you in the next one, and don't be late.
Doc Valentine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #1134
logan23
Veteran

Hey,

I'm just stopping in to let you know about two things...

First..I now have a Facebook Group page for Revenge of Revan

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...32026093489598

2nd is this game is also on the moddb.com site..check it out

http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of-revan

For you VO people I am starting to get that going and you will be getting PMs on the voice over roles for the Demo.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

Old 11-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #1135
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
The color is okay but doesn't mix well with TSL's green.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2010, 06:39 PM   #1136
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian View Post
The color is okay but doesn't mix well with TSL's green.
Logan is slowly getting around to changing ALL the green GUI, so eventually there won't be any green hud visible.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2010, 12:53 AM   #1137
salam263
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
Logan is slowly getting around to changing ALL the green GUI, so eventually there won't be any green hud visible.
Really? That's great!!
Old 11-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #1138
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I've tried playing around with some Devaronian females. They have the pointed ears and flat, stubby horns on the forehead. The longest (most tedious) part, was making the fuzzy skin. It took a loooong time with the Motion Blur tool on little sections at a time, because I wanted the direction of the fur to look natural. Let me know what you think

I've also done a one with white fur, but there are some problems with the head. I used Mira's head model so that she'd look like this. The problem is that Mira's headband has it's own shadows on it, and I need to make it uniform with the rest of the face. I'm guessing that it is a materials thing, but I don't know how to fix it with hex editing (heck, I don't even know how to fix it in gmax ).

Old 11-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #1139
Bob Ta'aar
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, KotOR2:TSLRCM
wow, pretty good work! I especially like the first one.
the horn-knobs could maybe be a trifle higher up and larger.
I don't know how much can be done to the models, but there seem to be devaronianesses with actually grown-out horns as well (example: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Shantillen.JPG , she's listed as an unidentified species but her image is listed under images of devaronians)

btw.: how about green-skinned devaronians (as seen here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:UDH.jpg) ?

just some ideas, keep up the good work !
Bob Ta'aar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #1140
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ta'aar View Post
the horn-knobs could maybe be a trifle higher up and larger.
maybe a little larger, but every screen shot I've seen, the horn knobs look like they are just above where the eyebrows would be. Still, I can give it a try with them higher. With Darth Maladi, I didn't know at first that she was Devaronian; I thought she just had some round eyebrow tattoos
Quote:
I don't know how much can be done to the models, but there seem to be devaronianesses with actually grown-out horns as well (example: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Shantillen.JPG , she's listed as an unidentified species but her image is listed under images of devaronians)
yeah, I saw that too. I figured that the long horns are a result of either dark side influence, or prosthetics (instead of tattoos or piercings to look fiercesome, she got fake horn implants ). Then again, she could be a Zabrak, with red skin like Darth Krayt's Sith always have.

Quote:
btw.: how about green-skinned devaronians (as seen here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:UDH.jpg) ?
I thought about it, but it just didn't look right in 3D. In the end, I liked the warmer, earthier tones.

So, what do people think about the fur? Does it look fuzzy, furry, too long, too short?

Old 12-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #1141
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
I think they all look excellent, and nobody could expect any better.

Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2010, 02:15 AM   #1142
JediExile
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Looking good, redrob41! I can't even tell that it's Mira's face. I also think that the horns need to be a little bit bigger.

Revenge of Revan || Deadly Streams || Follow me on Twitter!

"Hey! You talk to her with a bit of respect in your voice or you'll end this conversation minus a few teeth! Got it?" -Carth Onasi
"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it." -Atton Rand

JediExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #1143
Jedi/Sith
Rookie

Those pictures look really good
Jedi/Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #1144
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Love the pics Logan and RedRob41.
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #1145
christos200
Rookie

Current Game: battlefront 2
Contest winner - Modding 
hey logan, i just had an idea that could made ROR better. Have you seen TOR crew skills trailer. i think that it would be better if the party mempers that where in your ship, while you are out with other 2 party mempers, to do something.

EDIT: if exile was darkside the how there going to be jedi on dadooine?

Last edited by christos200; 12-12-2010 at 12:23 PM.
christos200 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #1146
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos200 View Post
hey logan, i just had an idea that could made ROR better. Have you seen TOR crew skills trailer. i think that it would be better if the party mempers that where in your ship, while you are out with other 2 party mempers, to do something.

EDIT: if exile was darkside the how there going to be jedi on dadooine?
Number 1: Good Idea...but it takes an immense amount of work just to get the party members with you to do something. The characters in the ship doing things sentiently as opposed to just having default animations that they break when talked too would be even more work

Number 2: This is years after the battle of Telos. And if you remember correctly, the enclave was rebuilt whether the exile was light side or dark side. The exile and Revan's travels are never clear in either game, which means what's the exile going to do about it if there are now Jedi on Dantooine if she is nowhere near Telos?

98% of teens today would die if facebook or twitter had a systems failure, if you are one of the 2% that would just sit back and laugh, copy this to your signature.

-AX
Old 12-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #1147
logan23
Veteran

Hey everyone!

Quote:
Quote:
Number 1: Good Idea...but it takes an immense amount of work just to get the party members with you to do something. The characters in the ship doing things sentiently as opposed to just having default animations that they break when talked too would be even more work

I agree the crew skill is an interesting mechanic and concept that does give the player the feeling that your party will be doing something while you hit adventures.

As mentioned above this would take a lot of time. Just building the quests/dlg/ or the number of items to allow this to be placed would mean I would need a person alone to write all this and three others building new items/weapons like its a full time job.

Revenge of Revan will not be using this mechanic because the personal and production time would be huge.

This mechanic would be great for a mod that is smaller with less party members meaning there is less content to be built allowing time for this mechanic to be fully built to the proper use and compliment the game.

MORE TO COME ......

Logan

Old 12-13-2010, 01:31 PM   #1148
christos200
Rookie

Current Game: battlefront 2
Contest winner - Modding 
Anakin_Xisali if the mercenaries took over knooda?
christos200 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #1149
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos200 View Post
Anakin_Xisali if the mercenaries took over knooda?
How long do you figure that a gang of mercenaries are going to hold sway over Koonda? (Remind me if the Sith were involved with that, I can't remember). Sooner or later, they are either going to abandon it or someone's going to come along and kick their @**s out of it.

Besides, regardless of the Exile's choices, the Jedi still return to the galaxy in RoR. If they went to Dantooine, they would be the ones to either negotiate with the mercenaries or kick 'em out if they're still there. But Koonda is not the Jedi Enclave, so the real problem would be the scavengers, but, heck, they'd be easy to scare off, right?

-AX
Old 12-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #1150
GODKING
Rookie

Current Game: Planeshift
Hey Guys!!!!

I haven't been following you guys for long like most of you because frankly i just heard of it like 2 days ago. I have watch almost of of the videos on youtube and the game looks amazing I like the way you guys are going with the game. I posted on your main website if you need any help at all im more than willing, but i understand you guys are far into the game and probably dont need any help, but congraz your game looks amazing!
GODKING is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #1151
logan23
Veteran

Hey everyone!

I just to let you know that i had some computer issues which are now resolved. I have all the content, it was something relating to booting up and the bios setup. Now that's all resolved I'm back to doing the modding.

While I was stuck using another computer..I started to work on a new RoR webpage.

The webpage will replace the wetpaint one and will look very professional. My brother who is a computer programmer will be taking over the rest of the building of the site. Look for the new site sometime in January.

Testing is going very well with the Demo and I'm the dlg is all being edited by our new team member JediExile. She will be doing dlg editing, writing for sidequests as well as writing for other sections of the game and some VOs as well.

This means dlg lines will be sent out to Voice actors/actresses this week.

I also have some great news.....Revenge of Revan will have new Music

Our new team member Paige will composing RoR themes for the game as well as bringing some past star wars music in with her own twist. She has already started working on samples and will keep you updated on any finished new music.

That is all for now......Will have some pics later this week.

MORE TO COME.......

Logan

Old 12-19-2010, 06:35 AM   #1152
salam263
Rookie

that's great, looking forward to the pics!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #1153
logan23
Veteran

Hey,

Here are some pics that will be placed in the website

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

These will be for the page where you select a character to learn more about them.
This will have characters that range from party members, merchants, and other NPCs you will come across in the game.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

Old 12-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #1154
Bob Ta'aar
Rookie

woot! a w e s o m e ! ! !

but damnit! your green devaronian definitely looks better than mine !

I started modding KotOR(2)!
May the Force be with ya, folks!
Old 12-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #1155
Phildevil

Hum, is the twi'lek holo a reskin of the Twin Suns? If so, was-it done by redrob41?

Last edited by Phildevil; 12-20-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Redbob to redrob =D
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #1156
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Hey,

Show spoiler
I'm liking the orange bar in this shot. Some of the other screenies are a little too bright orange (probably because the background is lighter). The darker orange gives more contrast to the white text, so it stands out better.

Quote:
woot! a w e s o m e ! ! !

but damnit! your green devaronian definitely looks better than mine !
Thanks I guess, or should I say sorry? How can you say this one looks better than yours? All you can see is the back of his bald head, and his horns. When I want skin that looks kinda realistic (as realistic as non-human colours can get, anyway), I use Photoshop's "match colors" or the "color balance" and almost NEVER use "hue/saturation".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildevil View Post
Hum, is the twi'lek holo a reskin of the Twin Suns? If so, was-it done by redbob41?
who's redbob? jk

actually, I did the outfit from skratch, and it is a re-skin of the basic human underwear model. I based it on the Asari dancer outfit from Mass Effect.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #1157
Bob Ta'aar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
How can you say this one looks better than yours? All you can see is the back of his bald head, and his horns. When I want skin that looks kinda realistic (as realistic as non-human colours can get, anyway), I use Photoshop's "match colors" or the "color balance" and almost NEVER use "hue/saturation".
I was indeed mostly referring to the skin-color. Thanks for the tip with the photoshop-functions as I indeed used hue/saturation (in combination with contrast/brightness, or however it's called in english).

Btw.: *whisper* can you arrange a date with that Kaila-chick? She's hot !

I started modding KotOR(2)!
May the Force be with ya, folks!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #1158
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Quote:
Hey,

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

These will be for the page where you select a character to learn more about them.
This will have characters that range from party members, merchants, and other NPCs you will come across in the game.

MORE TO COME....

Logan
Awesome! I couldn't fail to notice that your wetpaint site was not being updated as frequently as this thread.

Quote:
Btw.: *whisper* can you arrange a date with that Kaila-chick? She's hot !
Uhhhhhh......what?????? Is this a joke, or a sub-plot request?

-AX
Old 12-21-2010, 01:11 AM   #1159
GODKING
Rookie

Current Game: Planeshift
Quote:
Hey,

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

MORE TO COME....

Logan
The new content looks great. Are these pics of stuff from the demo coming soon? Or are these pics from future releases of the mod?

PS sorry about your computer hope its all fixed now. and cant wait to see the new website.
GODKING is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #1160
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
The new content looks great. Are these pics of stuff from the demo coming soon? Or are these pics from future releases of the mod?

PS sorry about your computer hope its all fixed now. and cant wait to see the new website.
Thanks,
Yes my computer is fully functional again
I talked to my brother and we are looking at a January time frame for the website release.

These images are right from the Demo's content.

The plan is to have the webpage show content and info on the Demo and the game's features and then you will have added updates to the website with new character info and bios as we continue to get Act 1 built and polished.

Quote:
I'm liking the orange bar in this shot. Some of the other screenies are a little too bright orange (probably because the background is lighter). The darker orange gives more contrast to the white text, so it stands out better.
I agree.

Logan

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan