lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #321
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
didnt dustil die in k2?

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2008, 11:29 PM   #322
jedi7000nathan

Current Game: Kotors 1 and 2
no thats non-canon until restored
jedi7000nathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2008, 02:05 AM   #323
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
Atinah Vanis
(species: Zeltron)
Bounty hunter/party member
Updated and better than ever:

Now that her name if finalized, I've added her initials (in New Arabesh font) to the sleeve of her jacket, and to the back of her belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Razer View Post
redrob. The skin is great. the head works very well with the body. I was thinking just if the main pants color was the same as the top but still with the same purple highlights it might make her look a little more cheerful. If not, I still love the addition. Great work
I agree, so I made the jacket and pants more like a coordinated uniform. I decided to make them look like biker leathers (maybe she likes swoop bikes ). I added several distinct leather textures (some bumpy, some smooth), and made it look as if they are made up of multiple segments sewn together (like a real leather jacket).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverNight View Post
Only thing I would change is the color of the thing covering her top. I dunno, the silver-ish-white looks a little too... borg like. And, I don't think that the Borg exist in Star Wars...
The white top is just a place holder untill I can work more on it. I plan to make her top look like a cheerleader's shirt, but made out of white lace. Basically, the shirt that she wears as underwear will show through the open jacket.

I also left an open space on her back where I can place some kind of logo or crest. I'm thinking that I might have to create one myself, because I can't find a logo for the Bounty Hunter's Guild that was around during KotOR era. I checked Wookieepedia, and there are several logos for the guild during the Rebellion era, but none for the Old Republic. One limiting factor for the logo, is that it has to be mirrored (because the whole jacket is mirrored, except for the lower sleeve). If anyone has some ideas, I'd like to hear them.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -

Last edited by redrob41; 04-10-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: direct links for images instead of thumbnails
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2008, 09:21 AM   #324
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I think you want a logo for the faction/organisation/House she belongs to, rather than for the Guild itself. A good starting point would be to come up with the basic background fluff of this group which should give you some ideas for a logo.

Symmetrical logo types that come to mind would be some sort of animal skull (Krayt dragon perhaps?), a weapon (vibrosword?), geometric shapes (along the lines of the Empire's logo), a pair of stuncuffs, something with wings (bikie style - those are always cool).
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #325
Riot Razer
Rookie

i like the new color change. it's small. but tweaked up and... It really really works. Great job redrob

we got some credit cards and then we made some bad choices

like upgrading our flag.......
Private Leonard Church
Riot Razer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2008, 01:43 AM   #326
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Hey everyone!

Riot Razer, Dustil and Carth... how will their story end....?

I have been playing with some re-skinning of modules and thought..to share some pics with you guys. These are in the works..here is a taste.

http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?i...iatest4zj9.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?i...iatest3qk5.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ildtesttn5.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?i...iatest1xe7.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?i...etwild3fb5.jpg

MORE TO COME......

Logan

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2008, 04:44 AM   #327
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Screenshots so good...Textures to wonderful...Brain overloading from joy at seeing screenshots...*Chevron falls over and falls asleep*

Beautiful screenshots! I love em!
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #328
zbyl2

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder 
I had little problem with recognize Nar Shaada in third screenshot, it's really good Really cool module.
I can't see any change in Onderon module, just different NPC and no change in texture. It's propadly because I wasn't in Onderon some time, but anyway... it would be cool if you do some more changes.
Good work, anyway! Can't wait to play "part I"
zbyl2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #329
TheDarkApprentice
Rookie

Its looking really great. Keep up the good work. :-D Looking forward to the rest.

It isn't the light I seek, nor the darkness within my own heart. But the truth I feel threw out the galaxy, the presance that calls to me.

My Stories:

Into The Present- In Progress
TheDarkApprentice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #330
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Woooooooow...sweet! I really like that last screenshot!

PS: Corellia? I want this mod...

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #331
Riot Razer
Rookie

Oh my god
Overload of wow..... I am amazed the unknown planet the new textures the background I am amazed

Logan = Creator of greatest mod
i cannot wait...... for the next post........

Private Leonard Church

Last edited by Riot Razer; 10-21-2008 at 08:02 PM. Reason: dont want to post again
Old 10-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #332
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Current Game: q2
Hmmm.... make the whitestone on the wall in Onderon a little darker... maybe a different color than the cream/white color you seem to be favoring on that module. Not much, mind, but just a little bit more than what it is currently. Maybe a gray or blue?

The soldiers still need some more work... maybe changing the black to a green? The rest of the uniform looks pretty good, but missing something... no idea what though.

The reskin of Nar Shadaa looks pretty good from the little bit I saw. But, except for the Onderanian enigma, this looks pretty good...

... maybe messing with the Onderan skybox?

ForeverNight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #333
logan23
Veteran

Hey everyone!

I'm still playing with Corellia's skin...thanks for all the feedback

I'm back with some pics......
http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vg3oc4.jpg
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=col1st9.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=prtest3gd1.jpg
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vg1vq7.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?i...rtest44ow1.jpg

MORE TO COME......

Logan

Old 10-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #334
Riot Razer
Rookie

logan
the skins are coming out awsome

If there isn't going to be a knights 3 (dang lucasarts) this would technically be knights 3

Private Leonard Church
Old 10-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #335
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Sweet! Between this and The Jedi Masters, I am SET until that MMO comes out!

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #336
Riot Razer
Rookie

i had never heard of The Jedi Masters. Its far along but i think that Revenge sounds more like what the actually would be the sequal. TJM just doesn't make too much sence to me
Root for logan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
There's a thread on here called "Knights of the Old Republic: The Jedi Masters". I think that either that one would make a good sequel. (Don't judge by the title. It's not about Vrook. )
I am checking up on TJM and i am going to talk on that form.

Private Leonard Church

Last edited by Riot Razer; 10-25-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: 2 lazy 2 post
Old 10-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #337
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

There's a thread on here called "Knights of the Old Republic: The Jedi Masters". I think that either that one would make a good sequel. (Don't judge by the title. It's not about Vrook. )

Short stories:

Old 10-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #338
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Current Game: q2
Hmmm.... So, Logan, did you update the earlier pics of Corellia? Because the stone looks a little bit better than I think it did the first time!

Otherwise, on to the new batch!

The first one (The Hutt with twin HK units) It looks pretty good... Is it the same module as G0T0's yacht? Because that and the 4th one look like reskinned sections of it...

The second one (Reskinned Dxun) looks like it could be part of Corellia. I actually like how the guy with the green band on his nose looks like in that picture... I didn't especially like him when I first saw his head.

Third one (Reskinned Citadel Station) looks pretty good... in fact it was only the sign that told me that it was Citadel Station! This is, by far, your best reskin yet! I can't remember if those trees were there prior to the reskin, but they add a nice touch to it, and the walls and cealing actually look like it could actually be a military installation.

Fourth ("Greetings young padawan") looks like its a continuation of the one prior. My only complaint is the head of the Jedi guy... I dunno about it, it looks this guy's more likely to steal my money than teach me the ways of the Force... might be the cheek skinning that's running on it. At least on my monitor it looks like it's heavily scarred... like knife-fight scaring.

Logan, these are some decent reskins. Keep up the good work!

ForeverNight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #339
Darth Novotnus
Rookie

Current Game: TSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Razer View Post
i had never heard of The Jedi Masters. Its far along but i think that Revenge sounds more like what the actually would be the sequal. TJM just doesn't make too much sence to me
Root for logan.
I don't think it's a competition. Both Trex and Logan are doing great job for the Community and from my point both of them deserve our support.
Darth Novotnus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 09:17 PM   #340
Riot Razer
Rookie

I know that makes it sound like its a competition but i think RoR sounds, based on the so far reveiled plot, makes more sence

Private Leonard Church
Old 10-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #341
Pikmin

But then TJM's plot hasn't been revealed.

Quote:
didnt dustil die in k2?
Ok, here is what happens to dustil,

In K1, if Revan was LS then Dustil quits the sith
If DS Dustil stays a sith.

OE was planning that if you set Revan to DS then Dustil would appear in the tomb dead, in Revan was LS Dustil would appear alive.

Last edited by Pikmin; 10-26-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Pikmin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #342
logan23
Veteran

Hey everyone!

I want to say that both Trex's The Jedi Masters and my Revenge of Revan are both equally great mods. I look forward to seeing/playing The Jedi Masters. I have the highest regard for Trex. He has helped me with some technical issues with modding/scripting.

As for the idea, which mod is closer to what a kotor3 would be.....that's easy.....neither. We are both telling two possible stories/sequels to kotor2.

I want to thank everyone for their support

MORE TO COME......

Logan

Old 10-26-2008, 10:19 PM   #343
Pikmin

Quote:
which mod is closer to what a kotor3 would be...neither
That's true since in both the main plot revolves around something that regrettabily never happens, the Return of Revan.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #344
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Logan can you post all of the screenies in your first post so people dont have to look all through the thread for the screenies?

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #345
SpartanPride
Rookie

Quote:
Not to be too critical, but the NPC's in the Swoop Gang should be called "Swoop Gang Member" instead of "Swoop Gang." =)

Don't let people make you feel stupid for being yourself; do what you love to do and what you think is cool.
SpartanPride is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 07:35 AM   #346
jedi_christian
Rookie

is tis a TC for KotOR or TSL?
jedi_christian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #347
Pikmin

TSL...
Old 10-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #348
jedi_christian
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikmin View Post
TSL...
Thanx
jedi_christian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #349
Riot Razer
Rookie

logan
ok ill stop with the TJM
I saw on his forum you and he were talking so ill be quite on that

canderis / logan
I think the screenies should stay the same because if anyone who hasn't seen ror will look through all the past posts and any who are keeping up with the posts will likly just jump to the newest posts, like me, and read them. or you could leave them and do uploads on the first

Private Leonard Church
Old 10-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #350
Pikmin

They could keep them in the posts AND add links in the main post.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:35 AM   #351
selty
Rookie

Quote:
Knights of the Old Republic: Revenge of Revan

Intro of the Plot

The game takes place 7-10 years after kotor2. There are Phantom Ships appearing out of no where attacking small Republic instillations. Many of the leaders in the Senate have put blame on the criminal organizations: Exchange and the Hutts. There is conflict growing from worlds who felt the restoration of the outer rim have been to costly. Many systems are pushing for more power over their own systems which could weaken the Republic’s military strength. The Lost Jedi have return after the battle at Telos IV to rebuild the Order. The Jedi are still to few and the fear of the Sith still lingers in minds of the Jedi who survived the Purge.

This game will send you on an adventure that will force you to search for Revan, the Exile and the Sith. You will be hunted by the Sith and the Jedi. You will have no allies except your party members but can they be trusted. You will unlock a secret that will plunge the Galaxy into a War. The question is which side you will join. Every secret will be revealed...
Every character’s Fate will be fulfilled…..

The opening scene is a space station over Corellia is shot out of orbit by an uncloaked Sith War Ship…….

PC-
Male or Female/ age 18-20

The PC is a padawan to Jedi Master Quan Drayan. The PC meets the Jedi Master while his master is in Exile. The Jedi Master is one of the Lost Jedi who survived the purge. Quan Drayan takes the kid (PC) in since his/her mother dies of a disease. He senses the force in the child. He does not train him/her until a few years later when they return to the Jedi order on Coruscant. If the Order knew what he knows about the PC, the PC would never be trained as a Jedi. The PC will become close with another fellow student named Liana Arrel. She is a year older then the PC. They become good friends. Arrel will become a Jedi right before the beginning of the story.

The Lost Jedi- These are the Jedi who were in hiding during the events of kotor2. These lost Jedi survived the purge and after the battle of Telos IV, they came out of hiding to help rebuild the Jedi Order. The Jedi order believes that Revan and the Exile are dead. The council is made up of Jedi who are not the most experienced. There is only a few Jedi Masters which include…….

The Official Planets:

Coruscant
Corellia
Malachor V
Rattatak
Duro
M4-78
Thule
Ziost
Dromund Kaas
Hutt space station
Rhen Var

PARTY MEMBERS part1

T3-M4 -droid
The droid does not join party in fighting, stays on Ebon Hawk or the Sister Hawk
You find the droid on the Ebon hawk. The droid will stay on the sister hawk do to its injuries. There might be some scenes where droid leaves the ship but you will not be able to add him to your active party. He will have the list of planets you need to visit. The droid will also give you information about the past two Kotor games as well as the ending to kotor2.

Quan Drayen
Jedi Master/ male/ species Kiffar

He is your Jedi Master and teacher. He is one of the lost Jedi who came back from hiding after the battle at Telos IV. He is very secretive. He has been looking for clues to where the Exile and Revan went. He will later be accused of being a Sith spy since his research. Later in the game you will be able to talk to the spirit of your Jedi Master only when you have completed a certain task and become 99-100 percent light side. He will appear in a certain part of the Sister Hawk.
Your Jedi master history:
The PC’s Jedi master trained on Dantoonie with the Exile. They were close friends. Your master did not join the war against the Mandalorians. He did fight in the Jedi Civil war on the side of the Republic. He was present when Malak launched his attack on Datoonie. He will tell you how master Vandar and Vrook survived the attack. Your Jedi master was not present at the battle of the Star forge. Shortly after the end of kotor1, he left the order and went into exile. He stayed there for many years. He did fight the sith assassins sent by Sion. Your master will sense the enemy was defeated and your master returns to the order with the PC who he picks up shortly around the time he comes across the Jedi Exile.

Kaila Saris
age 20-26
Pilot/ smuggler
Female/species-Human

She was arrested transporting arms to the exchange. When your party escapes the Republic's ship, she will fly you to Natta Hutt’s space station. She is confronted by her contact about her failure. You will be given a side quest to go to a planet and get some arms and bring them to the space station. The Exchange will attack Natta Hutt and take over the station completely. You can do this or double cross your contact and tell Natta Hutt and aid him in getting rid of the exchange from the space station.

Nindo Bahr
Male/ species-Duros
Mechanic, tech upgrades

Nindo Bahr is expert in creating new weapons. He can alter your armor and weapons. The Duro has a dark humor to him. He is Kaila’s smuggling partner. Nindo actually worked on the Ebon Hawk back when it was owned by Davik. His father was Davik’s top mechanic. Nindo’s father died on Taris when the Sith attacked. Nindo survived the attack along with a few friends and his mother. Nindo then started to work on a new ship using the basic design of the Ebon Hawk. Kaila and Nindo meet up and start working for the Hutts as well as the Exchange

Liana Arrel
Female/ species- human (Jedi)

This is your childhood friend. You have trained with this person for many years. She is a year older then you and she just received the rank of Jedi just before the beginning of the game. She is very dedicated to the Jedi Order. She is loyal but her beliefs can be shaken and she could follow the dark side, since she needs a strong leader/teacher. She will help you sneak into the Jedi Temple. She will then cross her masters by helping you.

Cain Thrall
(Male/ Species- Chiss)
Member of the Disciples of Kreia

This character is a follower of Kreia’s teachings. He was one of the only sith that survived the attack on Malachor V from the Exile. He will join you since he has been training for this moment to battle the true sith. He is a natural dark side character who leans to the middle section on issues. You can try to turn the character to the light side but it will be hard. He represents Kreia’s teachings. Later you can have him turn on his fellow followers and cleanse Malachor V. This character is the opposite of your childhood friend.

MORE TO COME.......
First of all, I just want to say how devastated I was when TOR was announced, they let me down and they let SO many people down, just leaving the story like that.

So, when I heard about this project, I just jumped in glee! All I wanted (and I'm sure others, too) was closure.

So I am here to ask, if you are still going on with the voice acting. I would love to contribute and I can do british, american, european (mainly germanic sounding heh) and australian accents and I have a very feminine voice. Please let me know if you would like a sample of some kind via PM.

xoxo
Selty
selty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #352
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by selty View Post
I would love to contribute and I can do british, american, european (mainly germanic sounding heh) and australian accents and I have a very feminine voice.
That's a great range of accents you have. Thanks for the offer, I'm sure that Logan will be interested.

I'm certainly hoping that he'll be able to add voice overs. I especially want them since I've been contributing character models and skins, and I'd like to hear what they sound like . Atinah Vanis, for example, would need a super sultry, sexy voice because she's a Zeltron. I'll just have to cross my fingers .

Old 11-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #353
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Hey, would anyone know if this is any good for VOs?

http://www.softarchive.net/audio_edi...ice:77718.html

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #354
logan23
Veteran

Hey everyone!

selty, I sent a PM to you about getting a sample of your VOs.

I will have VO's in the Mod. I have already started to add the Alien VO's to Revenge of Revan.
I hope to start the human VO process after new years.

I'm right now re-skinning the modules for Coruscant's city area and Malachor V's dock.

I know some one in the forum talked about naming your PC's home world. In Revenge of Revan, you will be able to choose from 3-4 planets. You will also be able to tell your party members what your life was in the past, when your 10 yrs old. Were you a pick pocket? beggar? help others to survive starvation? etc... There will be a few options to choose your past. This will allow you to decide what kind of person was the PC before the Jedi academy. I hope to have this influence what random characters you might meet during your adventure.

I plan to have some new screen shots up soon which will include Kaila and Nindo in game.

MORE TO COME........

Logan

Old 11-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #355
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

Just wanted to pop in here and say that you (Logan) and Redrob are doing an excellent job. Heck, the whole team is doing an excellent job! Keep up the great work.
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2008, 07:08 PM   #356
darth-me
Rookie

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Wow, looks great. I'll definately play this when it's finished! I would offer to help (I've done a little bit of modding for myself), if I didn't have my own project (Similar to this actually). Good Luck!
darth-me is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 AM   #357
logan23
Veteran

Hey everyone!

Just stopping in to drop off some pics.

Kaila and Nindo
http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mal13jm0.jpg

Uldir
http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mal12pl8.jpg

Kaila, Nindo, and Master Drayen (yes I'm working on that green tattoo still)
http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mal15ri7.jpg

Re-skin module
http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mal10jj8.jpg

MORE TO COME .....

Logan

Old 11-06-2008, 02:51 AM   #358
Malpense
Rookie

Nice work on the reskinned model there man... I'm not even sure where it is

Nice Job!
Malpense is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #359
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Kaila, Nindo, and Master Drayen (yes I'm working on that green tattoo still)
http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mal15ri7.jpg
For Drayen, perhaps if you use a less vibrant green, like Asante, or a different pattern, like Vanlin, or both like Maritan Kas.

Nindo looks good in-game . What do you think of the way his cybernetic eye sparkles?

Old 11-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #360
Pikmin

The reskinned module is Peragus docking bay.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan