lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: GPS Locator
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
The_Chimp

GPS Locator

This is my first actual mod release - a GPS Locator armband that displays the current area map.

Thanks to tk102 and Darth333 for their help with this!

Title: GPS Locator
Author: TheChimp
Date Released: 20-11-06

This mod works with both KotOR and TSL. It is currently incompatible with any mods using the spells.2da file. It also modifies your footlocker on the Endar Spire in KotOR, as well as the broken protocol droid in the Ebon Hawk prologue and the corpse in the Peragus morgue in TSL.

It will also work underwater in Manaan (environment suit), and outside the Peragus Administration level. The Peragus version (space suit) will not work if you've reached the Fuel Depot before installing the mod. It will work if you start a new game or if you install the files when you first wake up on Peragus.

Hopefully any information needed is included in the readme file - there's more detail in there.

Files included:

Source:
gps.nss
k_pman_sonic.nss

KotOR:
spells.2da
gps.ncs
k_pman_sonic.ncs
gps_locator.tga
gps_locator.uti
man28_sonic.uti
footlker001.utp

KotORII - TSL:
spells.2da
gps.ncs
gps_locator.tga
d_shield_22.uti
gps_locator.uti
lev40_spacesuit.uti
g_tresdrd004.utp
g_tresgencorp004.utp

I've submitted it to KotOR Files, and as yet it's not up there (I only submitted it yesterday). Any feedback would be appreciated, contact details are in the readme of the zip file. KotOR Files is the only website I'll allow the file to be hosted on.

Severely belated edit: Removed original file link - only KotOR Files is allowed to host this now.

Last edited by The_Chimp; 01-09-2009 at 06:48 AM.
The_Chimp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2006, 09:51 PM   #2
Anakin Skywalker
Argetlam

Helpful! 
I'll download it, it sounds pretty cool.
Anakin Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2006, 05:56 AM   #3
The_Chimp

UPDATE: The mod is now up here at KotOR Files. Thanks Shem!

Thanks for downloading it, RevanSithMaster! Hope you find it useful!

The_Chimp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2008, 01:16 AM   #4
Agnus
Rookie

Very good mod, though I don't like to alter the game content. So here is the question: is it possible to create a mod which would only reveal map, without adding any new items or altering the game content? There was something like that to jade Empire - drop a few files into "Override" and the maps are revealed. Any chance to do it hear? (I don't wanna use cheats to reveal maps).
Agnus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > GPS Locator