lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Most likely fate of KOTOR series
Lucas Arts makes a third enstallment to the series 54 42.19%
Lucas Arts creates a MMORPG based on the same time period 16 12.50%
The fate of Revan, the exile and the True Sith eventually get explained in a star wars comic 18 14.06%
We never find out anything about what happened after KOTOR 2 40 31.25%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Most likely to happen to the KOTOR series
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-22-2008, 03:05 AM   #41
Melly

I want to click on answer three, I really do, but my inner cynic in preventing me, saying "#4, #4". *sigh*

"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Melly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 03:58 AM   #42
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I'm content with what we've been given as far as the stories from KOTOR I & II. If a third installment never sees the light of day, then it might come out in comic form.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2008, 01:24 AM   #43
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Yeah, I've come to that point where I could really care less right about now. I'll just move on to other things...

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2008, 03:51 AM   #44
JediMasterJambi
Rookie

Location: I'm In The Box Right Next To You, The One With The Floating Disembodied Head In It
:\

GL has a big company. Even if he is working on "the next 3 movies" its not like thats all that they're doing.
It took 10 years for Starcraft 2 to be released, and all Blizzard does is games.

Its been a little more than 3 years since TSL was released where I am. Pateince is a virture. At 5, with no word, i'll start giving up hope. The nets definatley buzzing with KoTOR, I wouldn't be to sure about "It will be finished in a comic." or "It will never happen." quite yet.

Most ppl can agree that TSL wasn't what everyone had hoped for. I would assume that LA wasn't about to jump into KoTOR 3 head-on like they did with TSL.
They're taking their sweet time, and im fine with that. I've got plenty of games to play while I wait.

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho
Your wish is granted...
Long live Jambi...
JediMasterJambi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #45
Hawkstrong16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
GL has a big company. Even if he is working on "the next 3 movies" its not like thats all that they're doing.
It took 10 years for Starcraft 2 to be released, and all Blizzard does is games.

Its been a little more than 3 years since TSL was released where I am. Pateince is a virture. At 5, with no word, i'll start giving up hope. The nets definatley buzzing with KoTOR, I wouldn't be to sure about "It will be finished in a comic." or "It will never happen." quite yet.

Most ppl can agree that TSL wasn't what everyone had hoped for. I would assume that LA wasn't about to jump into KoTOR 3 head-on like they did with TSL.
They're taking their sweet time, and im fine with that. I've got plenty of games to play while I wait.

Agreed!

Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #46
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

TSL was rushed into production, and I think that Obsidian made some cuts to the content, to try to save time in releasing TSL. And I think the storyline, and some game features, suffered because of the rush of getting TSL out.

Of course with the boxed set of the 6 Star Wars movies coming out, fairly soon, if not already out, then the next movie being worked on, as well, there is the possibility that since LA is putting out several games, with Battlefront 3 in the forefront, along with the new Indiana Jones movie, that the next KOTOR and movie aren't too far into the future.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2008, 12:21 AM   #47
Darca Lar
Forumite

Movies and games have their own production companies: "LucasArts" for games and "Lucasfilms" for movies. Aside from writing the stories for movies/tv series', Lucas himself is just an exec. producer.

So as far as Lucasarts, they are either discussing in a group, not dealing with it, or by hopes have a small table of writers and such over in the back corner that no one pays attention to. In any case, I'm not worried about the future of KOTOR. I'm more into the KNOWN future right now, like F.U. and the upcoming tv series.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #48
MacTavish

I guess i have given up for Kotor 3 (although it pains me to say it), but imo it has just taken too long. I think if Lucasarts were actually making it, it would have come out already.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #49
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
True. What has it been, 4 or 5 years since KotOR II? I guess that we can still have hope....

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2008, 03:45 AM   #50
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
True. What has it been, 4 or 5 years since KotOR II?
TSL came out in Dec. of '04 for Xbox, and Feb. of '05 for PC, so 3-3.5 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
I guess that we can still have hope....
I suppose, but all the hoping everyone has done hasn't seemed to have payed off yet .

Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #51
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siralos View Post
I guess i have given up for Kotor 3 (although it pains me to say it), but imo it has just taken too long. I think if Lucasarts were actually making it, it would have come out already.
I guess I just want to point out that development cycles for games have lengthened. A typical RPG will take around 3 years to develop. So if LucasArts had someone working on KotOR 3 starting immediately after KotOR 2's release then it would have been reasonable to expect KotOR 3 at the end of 2007, beginning of 2008. Granted, we are past that point in time now but we're not that far past what would have been the earliest expected timeframe to see KotOR 3.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #52
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man_2423 View Post
TSL came out in Dec. of '04 for Xbox, and Feb. of '05 for PC, so 3-3.5 years ago.
My mistake.
Quote:
I suppose, but all the hoping everyone has done hasn't seemed to have payed off yet .
Key word= YET

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #53
Jedil3thal
Rookie

Its unknown to me

Weapons are helpful accesories but your skills are how you act In battle but to win strength is your greatest ally
Jedil3thal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #54
MacTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell View Post
I guess I just want to point out that development cycles for games have lengthened. A typical RPG will take around 3 years to develop. So if LucasArts had someone working on KotOR 3 starting immediately after KotOR 2's release then it would have been reasonable to expect KotOR 3 at the end of 2007, beginning of 2008. Granted, we are past that point in time now but we're not that far past what would have been the earliest expected timeframe to see KotOR 3.
Good point. I just have a feeling they havent been working on a new kotor at all, thats what I was trying to say.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #55
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Wow, I voted in this a long time ago it seems. Um, I'd like to change my answer. I voted for LucasArts making a third installment, but now I'm thinking that's likely not to happen, and that Dark Horse will continue the story.

But then again, there were four years between Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast, so you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #56
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
But then again, there were four years between Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast, so you never know.
Five. Well, the PC version was released about six months earlier than the Xbox and Mac versions, so 4.5-5.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #57
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
I am hoping for an extensive novel series of "Knights of the Old Republic". I just do not want the NJO team to make it. Grrr...

When it comes to a third game, I don't think there will be a stand alone "KotOR" game. If the gossip becomes truth, I wouldn't want to play a MMORPG of "KotOR". I just don't see the logic behind those types of RPGs. I like to have my own story.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 09:06 PM   #58
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Source View Post

When it comes to a third game, I don't think there will be a stand alone "KotOR" game. If the gossip becomes truth, I wouldn't want to play a MMORPG of "KotOR". I just don't see the logic behind those types of RPGs.
The logic is companies making lots of $$$. Yeah yeah, I'm sure lots of people are saying, "I'll NEVER play a KotOR MMORPG", but I know they'd suck a number of you in, even with the monthly fees and all, because many people just wouldn't be able to resist.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #59
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
The logic is companies making lots of $$$. Yeah yeah, I'm sure lots of people are saying, "I'll NEVER play a KotOR MMORPG", but I know they'd suck a number of you in, even with the monthly fees and all, because many people just wouldn't be able to resist.
I resisted "Star Wars: Gallaxies". I allways felt that paying multiple times for a game is illogical. After I get home from buying a RPG, I want to open the box, install the game, and just jump into the story. I don't want to pay more, nor do I want to join in a group RPG. I just plainly don't like them. There are two other MMORPGs coming out soon, by big franchises, and I am not going to become a member of those either. Its just me.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2008, 09:16 PM   #60
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Source View Post
I resisted "Star Wars: Gallaxies". I allways felt that paying multiple times for a game is illogical. After I get home from buying a RPG, I want to open the box, install the game, and just jump into the story. I don't want to pay more, nor do I want to join in a group RPG. I just plainly don't like them. There are two other MMORPGs coming out soon, by big franchises, and I am not going to become a member of those either. Its just me.
Not saying they'd get you personally, but I'm more than positive that many of you that have said you'd never give in to buying a KotOR MMORPG most certainly would at some point.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #61
TheExile

Well, If they won't announce a K3 in this year, the community and the future communities of modders will make a K3 outta K2. That is something that I am sure it will eventually happen. The modding has become a very known and utilized hobby. Plus there has been made some great breakthus in the modding.
Anyway, this type of projects have already been started. The most recent example is the mod "Revenge of Revan".

*Note: Chapter 8 is out!*
[Fic] The war of the ancients, seen through the eyes of one young men, as he walks the road of destiny... The Triumvirates War

TheExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2008, 05:39 AM   #62
knight 12167
Rookie

ALthough its glum i voted we never hear of it again as it makes Kotor 2 more memorable and dramatic

Never was anything great achieved without danger.
knight 12167 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #63
Corinthian
Banned

In order of probability, 2, 3, 4, 1. I doubt LucasArts really cares about the KotoR series anymore, and if LucasArts doesn't care, Lucas in general doesn't care, and if Lucas in general doesn't care about the plotline, it's going to become an MMO or a comic.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #64
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Or a book, apparently.

I'd like to quote my post back on march:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
KotOR franchise as we know die (MMO or is forsaken).
Well, we've got the MMO comming and I still wonder if we'll ever say the same of K3.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2008, 11:04 PM   #65
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
Well, we've got the MMO comming and I still wonder if we'll ever say the same of K3.
MMOs are not about plotline at all. They are about making money and attempt to be appealing to gamers. I don't believe that is the Kotor 3 we want

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2008, 12:04 AM   #66
Corinthian
Banned

All products by all companies are about making money. That's the point of a Corporation.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2008, 01:12 AM   #67
Darca Lar
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell View Post
Well if that's true that means that they must have been working on the MMO since then.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #68
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RakataDark View Post
MMOs are not about plotline at all. They are about making money and attempt to be appealing to gamers. I don't believe that is the Kotor 3 we want
Obviously not. Still, I can't help but fear for a sequel.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Most likely to happen to the KOTOR series