lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ideas for main villain.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #41
Jvstice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
As long as he's not called Saren...

No offense, you're proposing something as worth and valuable as every one else, but if we're going to stay with the clichés, then why not keep the Sith boss?
I have no problem with it being a member of the sith race, and would even prefer it. An alien supremacist head enemy is really the one direction that hasn't been covered in a kotor game though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7
Yeah, I mean killing all of the enemies that you have already killed, would definately be difficult. As non-agressive force ghosts, now that is a whole different idea. Maybe this boss could show you the force ghosts of all the people/creatures that you have killed. That might be an interesting twist...
I wasn't talking about necessarily non agressive ones, though it could be. there are sith force ghosts as well as Jedi ones. You have the option to kill one in K1 (Ajunta Pall who you can kill or convert depending on your abilities and preferences) as well as a sort of force ghosts K2 (in the korriban tomb you kill the jedi force ghosts, as well as malak, your other party members other than kreia, and one of revan). So actual sith ghosts as enemies would be a new direction if we were fighting the old villians from the former games before we get to kill the main enemy.

"If force is the game, the murderer wins over the pickpocket." Ayn Rand

"Justice is the midpoint between being treated unjustly, and treating others unjustly." Aristotle
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #42
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
*Bump Please read our Forum Rules as we do not allow 'bumps' in any forum here. While you did indeed post something relevant I won't delete the post this time. But no more ok? Thanks. -RH

Personally I would like to see a main villain who's machinations and tactics were similar to that of Revan when he was a sith. Killing certain pollitical figures who pose a threat, basically controlling all of the planets with fear, but doesn't go and bombard the place like Malak to kill like two people.

Last edited by RedHawke; 04-23-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #43
luckyariot
Rookie

*Nod, nod* A Revan-ish villian is very interesting. Kreia-ish as well, because they are calculating and complex, not obsessive and blood-thirsty. It is much more terrifying to face an enemy who can plan your every move, spot your weaknesses a planet away, and destroy a powerful opponent without throwing everything they have at them like Malak does.

Plus, they are more interesting as characters when they aren't completely at the mercy of their bloodlust. Kreia or Sion/Revan or Malak? Its like comparing an assassin with a wrestler... most people would find an assassin much scarier and more dangerous if they actually faced them.
luckyariot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2008, 01:10 AM   #44
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvstice
there are sith force ghosts as well as Jedi ones. You have the option to kill one in K1 (Ajunta Pall who you can kill or convert depending on your abilities and preferences) as well as a sort of force ghosts K2 (in the korriban tomb you kill the jedi force ghosts, as well as malak, your other party members other than kreia, and one of revan).
Just to make sure I'm remembering correctly - Ajunta pall was a true force ghost on Korriban, right? I thought the Malak/Revan/Bastila/Party Members in K2 you encountered on Korriban were visions of the Exile, not force ghosts.
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2008, 09:21 AM   #45
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurges-Ahter
Just to make sure I'm remembering correctly - Ajunta pall was a true force ghost on Korriban, right? I thought the Malak/Revan/Bastila/Party Members in K2 you encountered on Korriban were visions of the Exile, not force ghosts.
They're visions, all right.

Although Jvstice said they were "sort of" ghosts, but I see your point.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #46
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!

Current Game: Frozen Throne
Helpful! 
I think the main villain should be the one who posted above...Kidding.

Seriously? Well, Let's do it like, do more in Darth Plagueis's past?

| Muunilinst 10 | Real Life | Exiled Jedi Weapon Master | Ex-Sith Marauder | Gunslinger |
Killed in a suicide attempt of ramming his own ship, Ravager, onto the surface of Telos IV. --Casualty Report: Order 66
CSI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #47
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI
I think the main villain should be the one who posted above...Kidding.
Nope. Legal issues.

Quote:
Seriously? Well, Let's do it like, do more in Darth Plagueis's past?
He must be darned old then, man.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #48
Jvstice

Ctrl_Alt_Del: Having now played through M.E. several times, I see your point about anti human prejudiced main villian. I guess it would be difficult to do well without making it too formuliac.

"If force is the game, the murderer wins over the pickpocket." Ayn Rand

"Justice is the midpoint between being treated unjustly, and treating others unjustly." Aristotle
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #49
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
The following were seen in Obsidians main KotOR 3 villan application day;

Apparently only Agent Smith made it through; have brought the known terrorists to justice.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #50
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
That's Obsidian for ya!

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #51
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Who's the bloke in the first image?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #52
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
Who's the bloke in the first image?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalek

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #53
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

I'd love a council of Sith villians each with a different stlye and motivation to be the primary antagonists for the game. They all have the same goal of destroying the Repulic but all hate each other too, and are infighting about being the biggest power in the Sith Empire.

Last edited by Non-false Jedi; 05-01-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #54
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-false Jedi
I'd love a council of Sith villians each with a different stlye and motivation to be the primary antagonists for the game. They all have the same goal of destroying the Repulic but all hate each other too, and are infighting about being the biggest power in the Sith Empire.
Kotor 2 all over Again?

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #55
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

Except you know, developed. And much more closely knit.
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Ideas for main villain.