lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Incoming new version in 9001...9000...8999
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Incoming new version in 9001...9000...8999

Since Razor has been hounding my ass to release a new version with an included installer, and Darthdie has made nice progress with the code, we're almost ready to launch another new version of the mod.

Before we do that though, is there anything that you guys have noticed about the current version that you dislike? And if so, why? What would you like to see more of? What do you think should absolutely be removed? Also, any bugs we should know about?

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
Kaldar
Rookie

Firstly new T-21 is overpowered. It pwnd all with max mishap, you only need to spray. And fix bowcaster - zoom drains ammo o_0. Secondly, pls fix this this bug that you can't see enemy's weapon. OJP is ALMOST perfectly :P. But u can still add some new weapons and pls pls pls forces like team heal and team energize. We need more teamwork in OJP. There should be engineers with ff and sentries, medics, soldiers, jedis etc. and we only need more weapons, forces and items.
Kaldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
bjusterbaarlik
Rookie

Well, I have not played it enough to comment on any imbalances, but I certainly would like some bugs to be fixed. A bug where you can't see your enemy's weapons is one of them.

I think jump is still a bit too sensitive, but I am not sure if you can fix or tweak that. Furthermore, does the new upcoming version have new animations?
bjusterbaarlik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
BigAnnoyn'Fag
Rookie

I wanna Disruptor that penetrates walls . If it can be done, please make it. I would be uber-happy XD
BigAnnoyn'Fag is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #5
Kaldar
Rookie

Quote:
I think jump is still a bit too sensitive, but I am not sure if you can fix or tweak that.
Jump can't be better, you can do everything with it.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #6
BigAnnoyn'Fag
Rookie

And, please make server option command. When it's enabled, it enables UT-style sounds like "Double Kill", "Multi-Kill" and etc. That would rock
Old 03-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
DarthDie

Lol @BigAnnoyn'Fag.

Quote:
Firstly new T-21 is overpowered. It pwnd all with max mishap, you only need to spray. And fix bowcaster - zoom drains ammo o_0. Secondly, pls fix this this bug that you can't see enemy's weapon. OJP is ALMOST perfectly :P. But u can still add some new weapons and pls pls pls forces like team heal and team energize. We need more teamwork in OJP. There should be engineers with ff and sentries, medics, soldiers, jedis etc. and we only need more weapons, forces and items.
Zoom drains ammo has been fixed. And i'm not sure about this bug about not seeing enemy's weap's, it doesnt happen to me :S.

@bjusterbaarlik, I think the new version will have new anims, max, baldy?

OJP Sponsors and websites

"...and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges."
DarthDie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Depends, ours isn't going to have new anims, just changed ones.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #9
BigAnnoyn'Fag
Rookie

Ah I got one question - When It's Done?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #10
DarthDie

When it's done.

"...and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges."
Old 03-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #11
Kaldar
Rookie

Quote:
Zoom drains ammo has been fixed. And i'm not sure about this bug about not seeing enemy's weap's, it doesnt happen to me :S.
Yeah it is. So what about T-21 and over things like new forces and weapons?
Old 03-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #12
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldar
Yeah it is. So what about T-21 and over things like new forces and weapons?
T-21's downfall is basically that it is too accurate. The problem isn't its damage, it's the amount of shots you can accurately place within your crosshair at its firerate, which is a freaking lot. We're going to fix this.

We also have some surprises planned that should make force powers more interesting. More at 11.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #13
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnnoyn'Fag
...UT-style sounds like "Double Kill", "Multi-Kill" and etc. That would rock
That'd be so awesome. I dunno if that fits in Jedi Academy, though... Ooh, unless you had it done in Darth Vader's voice!

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #14
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

If we keep the FFA-vibe going, sure, but I was hoping to get us a theme or general direction in which we were going to start pushing the mod towards... heck.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #15
Dex Dakari
Rookie

I'd like new saber stance animations, like in version 0.1.0 but better stances, i've seen a few on wookieepedia like Djem so and makashi stance.

P.S. please make the makashi stance so the RD SW dooku hilt is faced down
Dex Dakari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #16
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDie
When it's done.
Stardate -315226.77

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #17
BigAnnoyn'Fag
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDie
When it's done.
I love you guys
Old 03-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #18
Kaldar
Rookie

Quote:
T-21's downfall is basically that it is too accurate. The problem isn't its damage, it's the amount of shots you can accurately place within your crosshair at its firerate, which is a freaking lot. We're going to fix this.
Thnx

Quote:
We also have some surprises planned that should make force powers more interesting. More at 11.
More at 11? April?

Quote:
I'd like new saber stance animations, like in version 0.1.0 but better stances, i've seen a few on wookieepedia like Djem so and makashi stance.
Oh yea. Bring old stances back. These defaults are the worst you could use...

And a one thing more: saber throw. Don't you think that it's useless? Too slow, unaccurate. The one from basejka was quite good and it does't need any changes.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #19
BigAnnoyn'Fag
Rookie

ST should be as featured in MB2, or something like that.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #20
Kaldar
Rookie

Lol saber throw in mb is pathetic. Even this st is better.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #21
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Well, we've thought of that too and there's a new way you can use ST to pretty much instakill your target. Keep in mind though that saberthrow already instakills anything under 30 DP anyway.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #22
DarthDie

Just a quick update, we are now closer to releasing now that i've fixed 1 of the bugs that need to be fixed before we release, ledge grab now works like normal .

Old 03-18-2008, 08:08 AM   #23
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

So anything else? Everything in this thread has pretty much been fixed or thought of. Let's go noobs.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #24
Iron Herald
Rookie

Gah! check out my latest thread!
oh, and what of the "changing the starting points in the create server menu"?
Iron Herald is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #25
Kaldar
Rookie

Quote:
Just a quick update, we are now closer to releasing now that i've fixed 1 of the bugs that need to be fixed before we release, ledge grab now works like normal .
Gj . This version is going to pwnd.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #26
Iron Herald
Rookie

ah, one other tweak:
make it so that swords are strapped across the back so you don't have massive blades on your belt dragging over the ground.
JA + did this so I know it's possible.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:44 PM   #27
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Just because JA+ did it doesn't mean it's better.

The most efficient and logical place to sheath a sword would probably be the belt over the back; it would be easier to get at out in the real world. Remember, not ever sword mod is a 6-foot-long block of steel with a handle. I mean... how many anime weapons are there out there?

Old 03-19-2008, 12:13 AM   #28
JRHockney*

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Herald
ah, one other tweak:
make it so that swords are strapped across the back so you don't have massive blades on your belt dragging over the ground.
JA + did this so I know it's possible.
Maybe if its easy to do. We have more important things to focus on right now since we're trying to get a build out soon. Some of the bugs we're dealing with are hard to figure out. We might get around to that eventually.

Hey Inyri, good to see you on this forum

Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2008, 03:07 AM   #29
Quijohn
Rookie

I vote for original Red stance swings. I always thought they looked the coolest in base jka even though they were way too slow. If Djem-so deals the most powerful blows I think it should be 2 hands on the hilt at all times, except in returns. Maxstate, I appreciate your work but you know me, I'm a stickler for realism in the swordplay because of my extra curricular activities. Nevertheless, you're the guy doing all the work so I am as always content to bow to the OJP team's judgement. I fully realize that without you guys I would practice guitar more and get more fresh air and that would be unfortunate.(heheh) I also wonder about the newer "fold in half" knock down animation. It looked good for kicks but looked wierd for mishaps and hilt-bashes. Although I don't think it's in the latest version of 1.1. You guys know. I also continue to hope for bots with selectable saberstyles for specific practice. Oh and I hope the duel mode freeze issue can be resolved. These are my wishes, since you asked. I appreciate all your hard work and I still think this saber system should be patented and shopped to Lucasarts and every game that intends to have first person sword play. Imagine this combat system on an Elder Scrolls game....that would be mind-blowing.
Quijohn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2008, 05:20 AM   #30
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Alright, red stance attacks are going back to normal. I've been getting too many complaints about that part of my creative endeavours, and I yield. ;p

Don't think too highly of the numberchanging I do, man. I just want to stay part of the players that enjoy the game instead of the players that get overwhelmed by the developer errors they see every time they play (and that situation is increasing in frequency lately )

Also, swords on your back? Picture this: you just cut a huge gash in someone's jugular and the blood is dripping from your queer-ass sword. Are you going to put that bleeding chunk of metal on your back, where it'll mess up your armani suit of armor with its dripping?

Old 03-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #31
Iron Herald
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InyriForge
Just because JA+ did it doesn't mean it's better.

The most efficient and logical place to sheath a sword would probably be the belt over the back; it would be easier to get at out in the real world. Remember, not ever sword mod is a 6-foot-long block of steel with a handle. I mean... how many anime weapons are there out there?
ROFL! haha, most of them are final fantasy related unfortunately (what's up with that?) but yeah, I know JA+ sucks, that's why I don't play it anymore, but the whole sword sheathing thing is a minor problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quijohn
I still think this saber system should be patented and shopped to Lucasarts and every game that intends to have first person sword play. Imagine this combat system on an Elder Scrolls game....that would be mind-blowing.
wow, yeah, lot's of sparks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate
Also, swords on your back? Picture this: you just cut a huge gash in someone's jugular and the blood is dripping from your queer-ass sword. Are you going to put that bleeding chunk of metal on your back, where it'll mess up your armani suit of armor with its dripping?
HAHA! someone using matrix skins? I'm talking about having katanas that look more like knee spikes because they stick out a foot and a half beyond yours. Oh, and staffs of all kinds, bo staffs, Magna Guard electrostaffs, amphistaffs, and other things that arent SW related, like spears, scythes, etc.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #32
bsah
Rookie

Fix the Basic build
bsah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #33
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Herald
ROFL! haha, most of them are final fantasy related unfortunately (what's up with that?)
You're asking the person who's made the vast majority of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHockney
Hey Inyri, good to see you on this forum
<3 OJP

Old 03-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #34
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Quote:
Spears and staves are already positioned on teh back while single sabers are at the hip. We could place everything else on the back I guess. Opinions?
Answer quickly or I'll tear you limb from limb.

Edit: wtf doublepost quoteedit bulletinboard failure GRAH

Old 03-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #35
Iron Herald
Rookie

Quote:
You're asking the person who's made the vast majority of them.
oops >.>

Quote:
Answer quickly or I'll tear you limb from limb.
sounds good!
Old 03-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #36
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

@Maxstate: With regards to sword on the back, would it be feasible to have it both ways? For instance have some type of variable in .sab for weapon authors to choose whether they want it to appear at the waist or the back. I think that'd be the best way to appeal to everyone (plus if you have like... a knife strapped to your back... seriously ).

Old 03-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #37
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Probably, but is the visual effect strong and important enough to warrant taking our codemonkey off of his other work? ;o

;p
;o
I don't know, but that's why we have this thread. Who wants anime sword sheathing and who wants something more reminiscent of the witcher?

Old 03-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #38
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

The obvious solution here is get an additional codemonkey. Or alternatively buy one from China.

Nah, in all honesty just prioritize what you've got. I would suspect this would be 'low priority'

Old 03-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #39
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quijohn
Imagine this combat system on an Elder Scrolls game....that would be mind-blowing.
You know, while I think it's a lot of fun for computer games, I'm not sure it could translate to consoles that well. I don't think you could move the analog stick fast enough.

Quote:
Don't think too highly of the numberchanging I do, man. I just want to stay part of the players that enjoy the game instead of the players that get overwhelmed by the developer errors they see every time they play (and that situation is increasing in frequency lately )
Yeah, you gotta be careful about that. That's pretty much what I always see when I'm playing. *Crap! That's broken....and that's broken....and that's broken*

Quote:
The obvious solution here is get an additional codemonkey. Or alternatively buy one from China.
Buy American. Just need a million bucks in funding.

Also, wow, I love the new feature where double posts merge together. Very sweet.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #40
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

With the current Euro exchange rates, I'd probably be able to hire 2 American coders for the price of a kebab. ;p ;o

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Incoming new version in 9001...9000...8999