lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Incoming new version in 9001...9000...8999
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #121
JRHockney*

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
I have the last one posted with the bowcaster firing changes. my version before those changes the alt fire of the bowcaster worked fine and I used it a lot. Someone be sure to test this if your around your computer since Im not

Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #122
littleman794
Rookie

will do, man...

(")>.<(")

Cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it.
Music is like candy, it is only good without the rapper.
When all is said and done, too many people keep on saying and doing.
littleman794 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2008, 11:12 PM   #123
JRHockney*

ok I tested it with maxes sig files and darth confirmed it. The Bowcaster is broken and does no dp damage

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
Old 04-18-2008, 02:56 AM   #124
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

My sig files are not the latest and probably not the latest files that were released either. I remember distinctly telling Darth to fix it, but I could be wrong. My sig'll change as soon as we release the new version and will hopefully contain a link to an installer.

Darth went to a lot of trouble making that weapon work as it does now, it was supposed to be one of the most powerful weapons you could buy. He made it do 50DP damage on a fully charged (10 ammo) shot. Hopefully when I get back today we can get on the intergooglespaces together and fix it. We've been meaning to rebalance the guns anyway.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #125
JRHockney*

I asked him yesterday and he double checked. he said it wasnt fixed yet

Old 04-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #126
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Ogay

We'll try to fix it today. I'll be home in about an hour and a half from now. If you can, please join and bring your American entourage so we can ... satisfy their needs too.

Last edited by Maxstate; 04-23-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:46 AM   #127
JRHockney*

ok good luck with that guys. Im at work so I cant come. also guys don't forget about the sentry if its not fixed in the newest code. I know its not fixed in mine.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:11 PM   #128
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Are there bug tickets active for those issues? I know that DD uses the bug tracker still.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #129
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

V1.2 news:
We're going to be testing all of the new features, and the game in general for bugs and other unwanted behaviour tomorrow evening. If all goes well, V1.2 will be released on Thursday afternoon. Let's hope that it won't take long for jk3files to get to it either, I can't wait to cauterize some noob flesh.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #130
Tapela
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate
V1.2 news:
We're going to be testing all of the new features, and the game in general for bugs and other unwanted behaviour tomorrow evening. If all goes well, V1.2 will be released on Thursday afternoon. Let's hope that it won't take long for jk3files to get to it either, I can't wait to cauterize some noob flesh.
Nooo my inexperienced flesh. Well it could be worse, at least its only a flesh wound. Really though thats good news, I've played a few matches with bots but haven't really had any online experience since testing with razorace and jrhockney ages ago. I have no idea how many changes 1.2 will have but I trust they're for the better, you guys seem to have a good handle on things. I'll be looking forward to it.
Tapela is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #131
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
If all goes well, V1.2 will be released on Thursday afternoon. Let's hope that it won't take long for jk3files to get to it either, I can't wait to cauterize some noob flesh.
Well if I taught them anything hopefully they'll give it top priority... but you never know.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #132
JRHockney*

I'll test my tomrrow night with darth then since your night is way before mine. Also can some one who has photoshop change dodge to defense and misbap to balance on the hud since the new hud isn't ready? I think thatis very important if we're going to release it on jjk2files. we really need to lessen the confusion for new people and that will help a lot I think.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:05 AM   #133
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

@Tapela
:@ we don't like none 'o dem' edurcated folk n' their sarcasms :@
;p

@Inyri
Let's hope they listened ;o

@Hocks
I'll do that as soon as I get home today. Easy fix I hope.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #134
DarthDie

I haz a fixed bowcaster!

OJP Sponsors and websites

"...and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges."

Last edited by DarthDie; 04-23-2008 at 09:09 AM. Reason: typo
DarthDie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2008, 10:13 AM   #135
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Quote:
@Inyri
Let's hope they listened ;o
Well I suppose I can always poke Kouen with a very sharp stick, if you need me to. He still listens to me... a little.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #136
Dex Dakari
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDie
I haz a fixed bowcaster!

LUV YOU, DD!
Dex Dakari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #137
JRHockney*

Good job darth. Don't forget about the NPC thing, looking into the cloak issue, also the bug I pointed out before where the seeker stops firing when you tell it to attack a person with a saber, and that stormtrooper thing if theres time left. Also we need to update documentation and hopefully change the hud to say defense and balance if we can.

Thanks inyri. If nobody has gone over all the features with you yet, let us know so we can set something up.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #138
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

You don't need to go over things with me anymore, I reckon.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #139
DarthDie

NPC thing done. I'll look into seeker bug, though last time I checked it was non existant.

Edit: (10 seconds after posting :P), it exists, i'll fix it.
Edit2:It doesn't exist? :S

Yeah doesn't exist :P.

"...and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges."
Old 04-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #140
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Argh no-one ever plays Coop anyway! I don't know why we're putting time and effort into trees that bear no fruit.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #141
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

But co-op is so awesome. ;_;

Old 04-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #142
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

If by Coop you mean FFA, you're absolutely right.

The thing is, right now Coop promotes single-player type gameplay. It's impossible to play Coop properly with more than 2 people because it just isn't built for that. Why you ask? Well for one there's only a single spawning space per map, so whenever more than one person tries to spawn, every person but one gets telefragged.

We've had loads of ideas on how to "fix" the Coop gametype into something more suitable for multiplayer. One of these ideas comprised of transforming Coop into Team-Coop, whereby one team's mission is to do the objective of the map, and the other team's objective is to stop the first team from doing so. If we managed to implement something like that, I'd see more use for Coop, but in the near future I think our best bets are on CTF and TFFA/FFA.

I've been wrong in the past, so I could be wrong again, though.
We'll see. Biggest hope right now is that a Jk3Files release will bring more players to the community who will, hopefully, be able to actually give feedback instead of just lurking on the forums all day long.

edit:
I need English lessons. What the sparta is up with my grammar?

Old 04-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #143
Tapela
Rookie

Lurk lurk. I've been talking to people about how much OJP rocks and has changed. Alot of friends seem to think its still the same from waaay back during one of the first releases. They said it was too slow etc, this was when animations were really slow compared to now. They ask for a website and razoraces is out of date so I just link em to the forums. With that being said I too hope that jk3files can bring in a few more people. I'm not that good with ideas and i've been playing a old version. I hope I can play enough that I will have an idea of what could or shouldnt be changed.
Tapela is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2008, 07:23 PM   #144
JRHockney*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDie
NPC thing done. I'll look into seeker bug, though last time I checked it was non existant.

Edit: (10 seconds after posting :P), it exists, i'll fix it.
Edit2:It doesn't exist? :S

Yeah doesn't exist :P.
are you sure? you did command the seeker to attack by pressing use item again and it was hovering over the jedi firing at him, right? anyways, good job with the over stuff. keep up the good work.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #145
DarthDie

Yes I commanded it again and it was firing fine.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #146
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapela
They ask for a website and razoraces is out of date so I just link em to the forums.
Yeah, the admin posting system got borked and the dudes that run the JK.net site don't respond to email requests to fixing the FTP login so we can fix it. :|

Quote:
The thing is, right now Coop promotes single-player type gameplay. It's impossible to play Coop properly with more than 2 people because it just isn't built for that. Why you ask? Well for one there's only a single spawning space per map, so whenever more than one person tries to spawn, every person but one gets telefragged.
Actually, I setup a system so that you'll spawn around the original spawn point rather than directly on it. However, you have to be running the game in the CoOp gametype for that to be active.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #147
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Sad update

I'm sorry to have to inform all of you that you're going to have to wait a bit longer. We've run into some bugs that shouldn't even exist and are doing our hardest to fix 'em.

The pre-release version is uploaded at the TNTclan server if you want to try it out, though it'll be messy without the proper files.

Hopefully we'll have a bug-free version up by tomorrow.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:25 AM   #148
Matta
Lurker

I've made a video of the stuttering I get w/ the dlls from 4/25 on the test server. I have ~150 ping and can play fine w/ the same ping on other non-test servers /w non-test dlls: so I don't think that lag is the cause. Jumping, ydfa, etc doesn't stutter at all compared to running or walking. In the video I move to the sides and also tap to the sides to show that I'm stuttering by just walking and tapping the direction really fast doesn't move me as far.

http://files.filefront.com/jamp+2008.../fileinfo.html

Swinging seems a little slowed-down. Dunno if that's a symptom or a design.

Red
Matta is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #149
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Yeah, it's weird, I was just testing this with Darth.

I don't get it in single player games, nor are the bots affected in-game. It doesn't seem to be an animation problem...

Old 04-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #150
Matta
Lurker

I just noticed that I get this message when I connect:

ojpenhanced/ojp_enhancedstuff.pk3 (local file exists with wrong checksum)
ojpenhanced/ojp_enhanceddlls.pk3 (local file exists with wrong checksum)

which is w/ the files downloaded from:

http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=d...d&fileid=20396

which could be part of the problem?

Red
Matta is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #151
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

I think it menas your files are different from the ones on the server. But then again, it isn't an official release or anything, it's something we're still testing so we can't provide any official support yet. I'd suggest to just stick to your old files until the beta testers iron this thing crisp and clean.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #152
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

My guess is that something was changed in the bg code that affects the player movement and such. That will be cleared up once you use the same dlls as the server.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:27 AM   #153
JRHockney*

Hey guys, a two observations about the newers code beta before you test tomarrow: Grip seems to rule over gunners with an iron fist and should probably be nerfed a bit more( either make a shot kill a gripper, or make some other running vulnerability I'd say) and the new initial cost jumping nerf has made it rediculously easy to run away in a saber fight, I would suggested at least making it 5 points since the cartwheel and backflip already costs 3 and I'd rather see those used alot more than stupid looking bunny hops,wouldnt you? ;p

Old 04-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #154
Dex Dakari
Rookie

I hope v1.2 gets released quick.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:31 AM   #155
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

We've narrowed down the crashing servers to people not having the same files as the server. The twitchy run animations are still a pain in the butt and we can't figure them out. But then again, a lot of things that shouldn't happen, are.

Kaldar's bowcaster loading color is red, mine is green, even though I'm sure I've made it red like 3 times already. I also don't stutter as much as other people when I walk in-game. Then there's tanqexe's problems with lightning not working, and his observation of makashi's stance where the saber protrudes from the player's wrist. I didn't quite take it seriously until it now started happening to me, and I can't explain it.

Weird stuff. Weirdest bug of all might be the fact that people can actually move through each other and get each other stuck. We're doing all we can to fix this and Darth could probably power a city with his typing.

I wanted to thank everyone that came to test out the game yesterday, you guys filled up the server pretty neatly. I'd like to see you all back when we finally iron out all of these bugs and release v1.2.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:50 PM   #156
Obiwan20
Rookie

How Do I Use Dual Pistols?? And Grip Isn't Working For Me
Obiwan20 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 04:49 AM   #157
Dex Dakari
Rookie

Dont' forget to post screens at the release, that should work attractive.

and maybe a teaser first.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #158
Obiwan20
Rookie

A Little Help Would Be Nice..

(Pushes A Pull Door Handle) Ah It's Locked... To The Windows!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #159
DarthDie

Get pistol level 3, thats dual pistols. Grip is possibly not working because the other person is immune?

Old 05-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #160
Obiwan20
Rookie

thanks but when ever i do level 3 pistol it spawn me with level 1 saber and force

(Pushes A Pull Door Handle) Ah It's Locked... To The Windows!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Incoming new version in 9001...9000...8999