lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Incoming new version in 9001...9000...8999
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #161
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

You didn't install it correctly in that case. Reinstall.

Release update:

As I might've said before to some of you, most of the bugs have been traced and smitten by Darth. Seems like there are two causes:

-Player or server has wrong files;
-Player or server has installed the wrong files or hasn't installed them properly;

The sudden change of gun effects was all my fault, as I forgot to send Darth some /gfx/ files that I just didn't think of when I was sending him /effects/ files.
Expect more information soon, but don't get your hopes up too soon lest you want to get disappointed by another bug we cleared 2 years ago.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #162
Obiwan20
Rookie

What Ever Happend To Your Whip And The Mini Gun
MINIGUN --> http://www.moddb.com/mods/9111/open-...rotary-blaster

Whip --> http://ojp.jediknight.net/screenshots/b19.jpg

Oh And When You Have Dual Guns The Left Hand Gun Is Offset Unless You Use War Machine Iron From Phnock Or How Ever You Spell His Name

(Pushes A Pull Door Handle) Ah It's Locked... To The Windows!
Obiwan20 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #163
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate
As I might've said before to some of you, most of the bugs have been traced and smitten by Darth. Seems like there are two causes:
If this is continuing to be a problem. We might need to enforce harder version mismatch behavior. Maybe bump players without the current version from the server with a explaination on where to get the latest version.

Secondly, you guys really need to use the autobuilder to create builds. It's very easy to use and results in a fancy installer that takes the difficulty out of installing the mod.

Quote:
The sudden change of gun effects was all my fault, as I forgot to send Darth some /gfx/ files that I just didn't think of when I was sending him /effects/ files.
Expect more information soon, but don't get your hopes up too soon lest you want to get disappointed by another bug we cleared 2 years ago.
Max, why aren't you commiting files directly to the repository? You need to be doing that instead of going thru DD. I know from experience that being the middleman for commiting changes is a pain-in-the-butt. SVN is easy to setup and it's THE WAY to preventing file screwups.

THAT GOES FOR ALL TEAM MEMBERS!

*Puts away the boss whip*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiwan20
What Ever Happend To Your Whip And The Mini Gun
The whip screenshot was just a concept shot. It turned out that implimentation of said whip was too hard to do.

As for the minigun, last I heard was that it was still being worked on.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #164
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Because as I've said 3 times already, nothing we've posted here is for releasing nor for actual playing. It's for the beta-testers that know what to do with it, for the beta-testers that don't use MSN and thus can not get the testing version in any other way.

I've proclaimed no-support and I'm sticking with that. Hold on to whatever stable version we released before this until we give the go-ahead.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #165
Obiwan20
Rookie

1 Last Thing Did You Say You Needed Ideas And Asked People What They Wanted In The New Open Jedi Project (OJP)

Old 05-03-2008, 02:54 AM   #166
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Ch'yeah ideas are more than welcome

Old 05-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #167
Obiwan20
Rookie

well than what i'd like to see in ojp is a few emotes as in sit wave etc etc and a grappling hook to like in JAPLUS. Oh And Class's Option Like In Force Mod 3 And Movie Battles. And A Way To Still Have The Jetpack But Make It Invisable.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #168
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

no

Old 05-03-2008, 04:31 PM   #169
Tapela
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiwan20
well than what i'd like to see in ojp is a few emotes as in sit wave etc etc and a grappling hook to like in JAPLUS. Oh And Class's Option Like In Force Mod 3 And Movie Battles. And A Way To Still Have The Jetpack But Make It Invisable.
I disagree completely. Emotes are useless other than upsetting the sucker who was unwise to lower his or her defenses. As for grappling hooks I thought they were useless in Jedi Knight 1 and I still think they're useless years later. As for class options like movie battles2 is more of a team tactical gametype where you have roles. I like the experience system right now, one of the only ones I've liked. Probably because of how well you guys did on documenting changelog, cvars and a few other things.

Oh and people flying with just smoke coming out of their asses would be silly (unless they worked on mb2, oh burn!)

Last edited by Tapela; 05-03-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Tapela is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #170
crail227
Rookie

lets not bash on moviebattles now, in my opinion, they've done a very good job and revamped the gunner system in a way that has brought jedi academy to a new level. The point is that movie battles is not the same as ojp, thus a class system is inappropriate for our type of gameplay.

either way, emotes, grappling hooks, and the like have no place in ojp.

^Sanjuro
crail227 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #171
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

mb suxxx ollooool

I refuse to believe in this political correctness bull poo poo* any more. MB has been an amalgam of everything deemed 'nice' from OJP's repositories and jk3files, for the last 2 years. Its team has a few bad seeds. Check out mb2wiki.com for screenshots of some of their ban warnings. Like one team member threatening to ban another from the forums for not liking anime and saying so in an anime thread.

JA+ is the cushion that RP'ers land on when they get kicked out of proper servers. It stopped being useful years ago because the asses of several thousands pounds of overfed, pasty asses wore out its fabric. No grapple hook, no emote. I'm sorry but... just no.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #172
DarthDie

As ze others have said, no. (And I say it with authority, i'm pretty much the only person around here that can add that, so if I say no, it doesn't get added ;o)

OJP Sponsors and websites

"...and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges."
DarthDie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #173
JRHockney*

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Good lord guys! Its like he just asked for FFA at the MB2 forums! LOL.

Let me answer this another way: Classes, probably never, they've been done by other mods and we headed down another path ages ago. Emotes, I'm not that against them or RPers, but unless you can find some other non-trendy use for them outside of RPing, probably not. Grappling hook, only if nerfed severely and everybody else convinced its ok, otherwise its not needed.

And I'm not being politically correct when MB2 does not suck, I'm being realistic. Personal grudges aside, to say it does is is overlooking their accomplishment of virtually creating their own seige game with addictive balance that hundreds of players. To say it now bores me is more accurate, and even thats not entirely true. You can say whatever you will about what you think about their staff or what they could be doing better or its now boring, but to say it sucks is too general and I dont think is fair.

Anywho, back to I hate this trendy stuff from other mods comments if you like LOL xp

Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #174
Tapela
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHockney*
Good lord guys! Its like he just asked for FFA at the MB2 forums! LOL.

Let me answer this another way: Classes, probably never, they've been done by other mods and we headed down another path ages ago. Emotes, I'm not that against them or RPers, but unless you can find some other non-trendy use for them outside of RPing, probably not. Grappling hook, only if nerfed severely and everybody else convinced its ok, otherwise its not needed.

And I'm not being politically correct when MB2 does not suck, I'm being realistic. Personal grudges aside, to say it does is is overlooking their accomplishment of virtually creating their own seige game with addictive balance that hundreds of players. To say it now bores me is more accurate, and even thats not entirely true. You can say whatever you will about what you think about their staff or what they could be doing better or its now boring, but to say it sucks is too general and I dont think is fair.

Anywho, back to I hate this trendy stuff from other mods comments if you like LOL xp

That is if you can get the stupid thing working because some chucklehead thought it was a good idea to force people to have the exact same (files) maps despite the server not actually cycling through them. Time to download a 700mb (pray they don't have fixes somehow not included in the packs)pack of bloated low fps maps just to play DOTF forever and ever. Thats if you can get it working with the ugly com_sprintf: overflow errors. Other than that I don't know I haven't played since b16 or 17 because of it just not working.

Perhaps I shouldn't have commented on MB2 twice but that and bad experiences with their actual team/community have me disliking the mod. Sorry for this thread getting off topic.
Tapela is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #175
The Watchman
Rookie

I've been thinking that maybe some sort of grapple may not be such a bad idea, basically make it the poor mans jetpack. But not some uber retarded thing where you can hook anywhere, sit in the top corner of the map or swing around like a madman while frying people with lightening (bad memories from other mods). Rather make it a simple line you can rappel down from a point so there's some way to get to lower levels on the map without falling to death. To make sure it isn't OP make it so you can only go down, have a set line length, let it take a second or two to set it so you're a sitting duck when you use it. It would just be an option on larger layer maps of keeping the fight moving around the map. Anyhoo probably wouldn't work but it's my thought on the matter.
The Watchman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #176
JRHockney*

I agree somewhat. I believe there are ways that we could put it in in a balanced and realistic way. If it was slow enough and only usable at certain angles like straight up or on a slight slant from there ( unless we create swinging physics...not likely ) but even that might be a little confusing for new players. Not sure sure how well it would work out .

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
Old 05-07-2008, 05:19 AM   #177
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Unless Jack Thompson calls Darthdie's mother, we're definitely going to release very soon. There's going to be a playtest match tonight at 20:00 GMT+1. Either me or Darthdie will post the files needed to pre-release test it as soon as possible, so stay tuned.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #178
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Is this Refer to Jack Thompson Day? Cause Max seriously mentioned Jack in every post he did today.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:31 PM   #179
DarthDie

http://www.mediafire.com/?y5myvwmmv10

If Jack Thompson asks I didn't give you this .

"...and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges."
Old 05-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #180
bjusterbaarlik
Rookie

Is there a changelog for the new/upcoming version?
bjusterbaarlik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #181
Alec{zacool}
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDie

W....T....F....
Alec{zacool} is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #182
DarthDie

Er who what when whar wai Alec? Is thar a problem with it or something? And bjusterbaarlik nope, although mebbe max could tell you some of the changes/bux fixes.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #183
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

I'll try to compile a list of *most* of the things me and darth have done so far when I'm a combination of:
a) sober
b) not at work
c) something else witty

Old 05-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #184
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Make sure to check the revisions made by DD since the last release. You might have forgotten something and the changelist logs should fill you in.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #185
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

yeah jack thompson

Old 05-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #186
ZerooftheFour
Rookie

Kittens
ZerooftheFour is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #187
Alec{zacool}
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDie
Er who what when whar wai Alec? Is thar a problem with it or something? And bjusterbaarlik nope, although mebbe max could tell you some of the changes/bux fixes.
Meh, I was tired...........

I felt like saying that.

If that is an "official release to the forums" then shouldn't it be on some new page?

That's why I said it.
Alec{zacool} is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2008, 03:35 PM   #188
Obiwan20
Rookie

got another idea! How About Saber Melee?

Old 05-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #189
DarthDie

Er, what?

Old 05-10-2008, 07:33 AM   #190
bjusterbaarlik
Rookie

The latest version posted in this thread seems to crash everytime I try to use Force Push.

Also, I took a look at the ojp_enhancedstuff.pk3 file, since it was so massive in size compared to the latest one. Do you really need all those custom effects and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges.

The custom effects in this pk3 sure look nice, but the bigger ones like the explosions from the rockets and thermal detonators somehow make my FPS plummet from sky-high to down-the-drain. It seems like they have not been made very effectively. Not that I can do any better, though.
bjusterbaarlik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #191
DarthDie

:P Rev wanted me to take some pics of that so I did. And i'm not suar why its including the screenshots folder, didnt jack have something todo with including screenshots in something?

Edit
*sighs* push doesn't crash me :S.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:21 AM   #192
Obiwan20
Rookie

Saber Melee: It's When Fist Or High Combat Style Moves Like In The Chaos Series Done By Stellacat.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #193
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

I've improved the effects a bit so they don't drain as much FPS as they did. It's all of the smoke that's being rendered that's making your PC beg for mercy. It's not perfect yet though, I'll see what I can do.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:14 AM   #194
ZerooftheFour
Rookie

Sense the OJP team is kindly taking request from everyone...

I want a grenade that looks and sounds like a kitten and explodes with little hearts and flowers that gives health and force to everyone it hits!

Please please please take my idea its really good and will make OJP a better mod!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #195
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Maybe a gunner team heal item ;p

Old 05-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #196
ZerooftheFour
Rookie

Like First Aid? Maybe you can take the siege tech heal ability and place it on the merc tree, only proplem though it be kinda useless with the DP system, so it shouldnt be imballanced, it just be kinda... worthless.

So maybe introduce 2 skills? First Aid, and Ammo Dump, but with the siege ability recovers both ammo and health at the same time while dropping a little ammo dump thingy to and revealing the health and ammo of friendly targets. That be a lot for 1 talent, but it should be fair.

But speaking of unfair talents, and seeing other peoples health and status... I think Force Sense 3 should reveal Health, Amour, DP, FP, Mishap and Ammo/Saber Stance. Because right now its kinda worthless other for snipe shots, unless there is a feature I am missing. And Force 2 should reveal health and Armor. Force 1 should see though walls, I think its kinda funny that it doesn't because seeing people with the force shouldnt be affected by walls but then again thats how it is in Base.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #197
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjusterbaarlik
Also, I took a look at the ojp_enhancedstuff.pk3 file, since it was so massive in size compared to the latest one. Do you really need all those custom effects and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges.
Did someone use the autobuilder to make the build? It's possible that the autobuilder script needs to except the screenshot dir.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #198
Obiwan20
Rookie

oh so you take an exploding kitten idea but throw away my idea's?

Old 05-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #199
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Okay we'll make the healing kitten appear whenever one person slaps another.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #200
JRHockney*

Wow I love this exploiding kitten idea!!! Its soo movie realistic!!..and spreads the love!!!!! Unlike that obiwan20's ideas. Geez where did he get THOSE from jk

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Incoming new version in 9001...9000...8999