lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Grim Fandango Font Editor
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-21-2008, 07:30 AM   #1
bgbennyboy
Festively Plump

LFN Staff Member 
Grim Fandango Font Editor

Just a heads up, Vrokolos from the Grim Fandango Greek translation team contacted me to let me know that he's released his Grim Fandango Font Editor.

Extract a .laf font first to use it.

bgbennyboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
pluhi
Lurker

Hi!

Can u tell me how to extract the .laf file? What tool do i need? I made the Hungarian translation years ago, had problems with "ő" and "ű" characters. Time to solve this now.

Thx

EDIT: I managed to extract some font files with scummrev. I figured out the problem is the difference between ISO 8859-1(GF uses) and ISO 8859-2 (Hun chars included). So i edited char number 213, 129, 245, 251 to fix this. Saved the laf and copied into the grim directory. Ingame it was a mess. I couldn't even load the edited file anymore. It seems saving is broken, the tool creates a junk file. A simple load then save (without any editing) results the same.
Any help appreciated.

Last edited by pluhi; 07-08-2008 at 07:35 PM.
pluhi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Community Discussion Forums > SCUMM > Grim Fandango Font Editor