lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What are the most annoying things in TSL? -Please only pick 3 max Story not included-
Hard to kill Vrook? 3 7.89%
Not enough Force point regeneration? 1 2.63%
Not enough FP's for Jedi Guardians? 2 5.26%
Nihilus too weak? 26 68.42%
Shem's mod that kills people at LV 1? 1 2.63%
Sion being near immortal? 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: DID you know that...(TSL discussion)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
DID you know that...(TSL discussion)

I'm wondering.

Sorry, this is a repost.

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
You didn't include Story? I'll have to go with Kreia, Sion, Nihilus, Bao dur, goto, Peragus, Citadel station, Telos, Prequel era Robes and the Exile then

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Then pick Sion option, or the Nihilus post. I meant it to be multi option.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I picked Nihilus being too weak, because none of the other options really annoyed me.
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Nihilus being a sissy.

The whole Telos and having to replay Peragus.

Bugs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
You didn't include Story?
Well, shame. It was on my top 3 worst.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

I really was annoyed at the fact of Shem's super enhanced mod. It's damn impossible to live past the first two droids, unless you know how. But I found Vrook more annoying.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Would probably be Nihilus for me, because I didn't notice any of the others to be particularly annoying and I don't do mods.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
Lord Spitfire

I'd have to say Sion, because I had to repeatedly use Battle Meditation and Force Heal to keep up with his pace.

It was extremely tedious.

Though Nihilus was too easy as well. That got me annoyed, too.

Let there be rock!

"I hope they realize that music is music, and that music is not a scene, not a style. Music is a beautiful ****ing thing to listen to. It is not a thing to ****ing preach to others about, it's not a ****ing cause. It is what it is—and that's a beautiful artform." - Synyster Gates

Check out my Fanfic:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: Embers of Destruction
Lord Spitfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #9
Meowster

Current Game: New Vegas/KotOR
Nihlius for me. None of the others bothered me that much... Sion is easy as long as you know how to 'hide' your prescence by hiding behind a pillar.
Meowster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #10
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I thought both Sion and Nihilus were equally too easy. Maybe it was easier because I was a guardian with upgraded armor/lightsaber? I had no problem with either one.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:58 AM   #11
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Nihilus being a bit of a weakling was on my list, but Vrook DID give me some problems throughout gameplay. I never needed to use mines (perhaps you were thinking of grenades?) it's just that he can kill you so easily, and constantly refills his life.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #12
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

DID you know that...(TSL discussion)

1. The Medical bay and the Czerka offices on Telos are actually the same room just with different things in and in different areas? - You find out that if you have the opendoor power from handy force powers mod -

2. That Atton Rand wasn't supposed to originally be in TSL? He was meant to be in JK JA.

3. That the Exchange suite looks like a redress of the Ithorian Compound? - This is my opininon -

4. Sion is a right pain to kill? - lol, I hate the guy so don't expect a nice word about him, unless I'm stating info. Pun lol, Pain to kill, Sion's the Lord of Pain -

5. Kreia is a right pain in the tushy? - She's nearly impossible to please, unless it goes against moral ethics. Not starting on the fact, she's bloody stuck at Grey Level. Yet she's a Sith Lord -

6. That there are no feats to bloody increase FPs on Jedi Guardians? - I have posts asking for a mod to do it, but no one will take it up -

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 05-03-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: language
Old 05-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
The name Atton was supposed to be in JK, not the character.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #14
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!

Current Game: Frozen Throne
Helpful! 
Sir...Jedi Guardian aren't supposed to do the Force powers...They got most feat, while Jedi Consular get most Force Powers...So that might explain why Jedi Guardian has insufficient FP...

In layman's terms, Jedi guardian is like shredder. Jedi Consular is like Inspirer, I think...

| Muunilinst 10 | Real Life | Exiled Jedi Weapon Master | Ex-Sith Marauder | Gunslinger |
Killed in a suicide attempt of ramming his own ship, Ravager, onto the surface of Telos IV. --Casualty Report: Order 66
CSI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #15
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

FP - Force Points.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #16
JCarter426

They don't get much of those, either. If you want more, pick a different class. :P Or you could spend a feat on Regenerate Force Points and boost your Wisdom.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #17
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Yes I did know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Rhodes
1. The Medical bay and the Czerka offices on Telos are actually the same room just with different things in and in different areas? - You find out that if you have the opendoor power from handy force powers mod -
Its part of the same space station... which was probably built in quite a hurry due to Telos being somewhat deaded by Malak. So it would seem much like some shopping malls where all the shops have the same structure; the space station was the same. That or Obsidian didn't have that fine attention to detail, and had a rushed production schedule. I like to think its the former rather than the latter.

Quote:
2. That Atton Rand wasn't supposed to originally be in TSL? He was meant to be in JK JA.
That fact is so 2005 and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-001
The name Atton was supposed to be in JK, not the character.
Quote:
3. That the Exchange suite looks like a redress of the Ithorian Compound? - This is my opininon -
A thread entitled 'Did you know' would indicate it has a set of sustatiated fact, nor conjecture.

Quote:
4. Sion is a right pain to kill? - lol, I hate the guy so don't expect a nice word about him, unless I'm stating info. Pun lol, Pain to kill, Sion's the Lord of Pain -
He's a Sith Lord, he's not exactly up there with Jar Jar Binks in the easy to kill category...

Although, I didn't actually think he was hard to beat, especially on Malachor, a speed flurry would normally do him.

Quote:
5. Kreia is a right pain in the tushy? - She's nearly impossible to please, unless it goes against moral ethics. Not starting on the fact, she's bloody stuck at Grey Level. Yet she's a Sith Lord -
Isn't that the point of her charachter?

Do not diss Kreia, I will set Nietzsche on you!

Quote:
6. That there are no feats to bloody increase FPs on Jedi Guardians? - I have posts asking for a mod to do it, but no one will take it up -
Why would you want to increase FP's on a Guardian, why wouldn't you just go a Consular?

I hope my replies were amusing

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 05-03-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: changed language in a quote
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #18
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
A thread entitled 'Did you know' would indicate it has a set of sustatiated fact, nor conjecture.
It is true, though. The Exchange base is a complete copy of the Ithorian compound, just Czerka is a copy of the medical unit (except for the mainframe).

Old 05-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #19
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Moved thread from the Unknown Regions to Telos Tourist Bureau since this is about TSL and not a potential Kotor 3.

Quote:
Guardians are supposed to be melee characters and put all their Force knowledge into fighting, hence the reason why they don't have as many force powers or points.

There's no need to make a mod for it, that's why no one's taken the job. You can a. pick a class that has more Force points, b. increase your Wisdom, which will increase your Force points, c. use the Regenerate Force Points feat which will make them regenerate faster, d. Use the Force Affinity power, e. Use the Force Body power, f. Use the Force channel power, g. use the Kasha crystal to increase Wisdom, h. use the Qixoni crystal to increase Force point regeneration, i. use the Kaiburr crystal to increase Wisdom, and/or j.Use the Kotor Savegame editor to increase your Force point pool. Please don't complain no one's helping you with a mod when it looks like you haven't explored all the options the game has to offer for you to achieve what you want.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2008, 01:26 AM   #20
Lord Spitfire

Quote:

4) I agree, though I didn't neccassarily find him hard to kill, I mean it's easy not to die while fighting him - it's just that it's extremely tedious, and it takes a long time.

5) Seriously! If you do Dark Side, she criticises you, and if you do light side she yells at you.

Let there be rock!

"I hope they realize that music is music, and that music is not a scene, not a style. Music is a beautiful ****ing thing to listen to. It is not a thing to ****ing preach to others about, it's not a ****ing cause. It is what it is—and that's a beautiful artform." - Synyster Gates

Check out my Fanfic:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: Embers of Destruction
Lord Spitfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #21
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Spitfire
5) Seriously! If you do Dark Side, she criticises you, and if you do light side she yells at you.
I think there's a point to that though, since you open up conversations with her whether you gain influence up to 90% or lose it down to 10%. That way you can get down to 10% (or lower) whether you're DS or LS.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #22
Jedi Eagle 27
Rookie

I had a hard time beating Vrook, but that was no where near as annoying as Nihilus being a complete weakling. One time I defeated him with three flurry attacks (granted my character was a high level guardian). I thought he was supposed to be like this super powerful sith lord.
Jedi Eagle 27 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #23
JCarter426

Voted for Nihilus, because the others aren't really annoying, since there are easy ways to get around them, and Sion being able to regenerate was the whole point of Sion.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #24
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426
Voted for Nihilus, because the others aren't really annoying, since there are easy ways to get around them, and Sion being able to regenerate was the whole point of Sion.
That and Sion was also really easy to defeat. I'd put Nihulus and Sion being too easy as mine, if there was an option for it.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #25
Jedi Eagle 27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurges-Ahter
That and Sion was also really easy to defeat. I'd put Nihulus and Sion being too easy as mine, if there was an option for it.
I agree, Kreia was the only one of the sith lords that was actually a challenge.
Jedi Eagle 27 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #26
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Kreia took longer than Sion and Nihilus, but I didn't find that fight a challenge either. I'm comparing the fight to KotOR 1, which is perhaps unfair, but Malak was hard for me to beat. Sion, Nihilus, and Kreia were not hard, IMO, especially considering I've only had one play-through.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:23 PM   #27
Corinthian
Banned

Sion was my worst part. Not because I found him especially hard, but because he ruined verisimilitude. We are fighting with LIGHTSABERS. Sorry, but if I land a hit, he should be in half. His regeneration capabilities should not make any difference.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #28
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
Sion was my worst part. Not because I found him especially hard, but because he ruined verisimilitude. We are fighting with LIGHTSABERS. Sorry, but if I land a hit, he should be in half. His regeneration capabilities should not make any difference.
well the same could be said for all enemies, since they all take more than 1 lightsaber hit to go down.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #29
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
The only problems I really think are Vrook being perhaps too heard if DS and Dantooine is your first planet and Nihilus being too weak. Personally I think the rest are your own pet peves.

Personally I like Sion; I think he has a unique and strange force power gift; which makes him hard to kill.

Quote:
I really was annoyed at the fact of Shem's super enhanced mod. It's damn impossible to live past the first two droids, unless you know how. But I found Vrook more annoying.
Why is Shem's mod in this thread? If you don't have the skill to survive level 1 with it installed, then maybe take the hint and don't have it installed.

How is there not enough Force Point regeneration? Even Yoda and Sidious get tired, infact, at least it seems to me all your requests tend to be for God items; if thats your thing fine, but don't moan about game mechanics especially TSL where your PC ends up well over powered in comparison to other enemies anyways.

Jedi Guardians AREN'T meant to have lots of FP, if you want FP go a different class, and quit moaning about people not making a pointless mod; if you want it, frankly do it yourself, the rest of us happily go Consular class if wanting more FP. You could always go Sentinal which is in the middle.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #30
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Merged thread 'Hmm' with this one and edited poll choices. Paul, please keep threads about TSL in this forum and not Unknown regions. Thanks.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #31
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
What are the most annoying things in TSL? -Please only pick 3 max Story not included-
How do you describe it as 'annoying'? You could consider it 'poorly written' (the erroneousness of that opinion notwithstanding), but I don't see what could make it irritating.

Quote:
Not enough FP's for Jedi Guardians? Request not answered for a mod to sort this
The whole point of the Guardian class is to *not* have enough Force points, so as to offset how much better it is in melee than Sentinels and Consulars. If you wanted a god class, you should've had that as a poll option. (And you can simply cheat your Wis score to obscene levels, in any case.)

Quote:
Shem's mod that kills people at LV 1? No offence Shem
Er, don't install it if you don't like it? :/

This seems more like an attempt to jab at various mods (and lack thereof) or parts of the gameplay you dislike rather than an actual poll, IMO.

On topic: I probably disliked the scaled gameplay more than anything else. As if the poor AI and overpowered items in the game weren't enough, all the enemies scale to your level and any potential for challenge is squashed. At least in KotOR I a first-level character could be slaughtered by Malak; in TSL the same character should be able to take on the various Sith Lords. (IIRC they don't have very many hit points by default. It's all simply added in accordance to whatever your PC's level is.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #32
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
I really was annoyed at the fact of Shem's super enhanced mod. It's damn impossible to live past the first two droids, unless you know how.

Did you read Inyri's review about my mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Inyri said in my review:
Let me start out by saying this mod is not for the faint of heart. If you're not an experienced player, and by experienced I mean you're insanely good at the game, you won't want to get this mod. Why? You'll die a miserable death, likely early on in the game.
This should be enough to tell you that you're not an advanced enough player to play my mod. I also mention in my readme file that my mod is for advanced players who need to be challenged.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #33
Corinthian
Banned

Actually, Gurges, from what I remember, the only hits that are actually shown as landing during a lightsaber duel are ineffective ones, not ones with the blade, until you get a killing blow. With Sion, you land multiple 'Killing Blows' but because he's just in so much pain and he's got some dark side (Really, he would do well with 'Crawling in my skin' as his theme song) mojo, he's nigh on invincible.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:23 PM   #34
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
That's why you have to convince him to die.

And yes, I know it's a weird concept that not everyone likes, but that's Avellone at work.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #35
Corinthian
Banned

Yeah, I'm beginning to debate with myself whether Avellone either stopped using the drugs that allowed him to create Fallout 2, or was clean when making Fallout 2 and has started using something.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:09 AM   #36
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Even Avellone can't be consistently brilliant.

If TSL is an example of Avellone at his worst, well, I'd take that over Bioware's story-writing at it's best. Not that Bioware's story for KotOR1 was particularly bad, mind you, it wasn't, but TSL's story was just so unexpectedly un-Star Wars-like, and quite deep as well.

Anywho, back OT: Nihilus being weak as a kitten was rather disappointing, but is also an easy fix with the right mod(s).

And Vrook being so hard to beat in such an unsatisfyingly easy game was not a disappoinment at all; it was rather refreshing.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 05-06-2008 at 06:05 AM.
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #37
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Yeah I don't quite understand the TSL story-line bashing. I get that parts were left out, but shortcomings resulting from the crunched timeline were not a result of a poorly written story. I thought it was actually written really well.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #38
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurges-Ahter
Yeah I don't quite understand the TSL story-line bashing. I get that parts were left out, but shortcomings resulting from the crunched timeline were not a result of a poorly written story. I thought it was actually written really well.
Yes - except for the parts where, even with the complete storyline, the gaps were explained 'by the Force'.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #39
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
Yes - except for the parts where, even with the complete storyline, the gaps were explained 'by the Force'.
I can understand the criticism there, but I still disagree when people state that the TSL story was poorly written, that it sucks, etc. It was still a great story, written well, but had some gaps that were caused by a compacted schedule, not by poor writing.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #40
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
I don't think it's a bad plot. But how much time would Mr. Avellone need to finish his megalomaniac project for the K2 story? Every writer must knows the limits of a book. I'd bet that, even if he had another year of development, we would still see those gaps out there, and he, just as he does now, would blame himself for it.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > DID you know that...(TSL discussion)