lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: On Posting downloads
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
Relenzo2
Forumite

On Posting downloads

Assume, for a minute, that I had had a folder full of pictures. Assume that I wanted to post a download of it on the site. Is there a relatively simple way, perhaps, that I might go about that?

"The beauty and genius of a work of film may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished fiction may yet again inspire the screenplay-writer; but when the last individual of a race of living directors, of artists, breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." -William Beebe, modified in memorial of the twentieth century

Su'cuy, vod, kar'laylirdarasuum me'suum!

Star Wars: The Plastic Director's Cut!
Relenzo2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
There sure is. We need to upload them from your computer to the internet.

Step One: Go to a free image hosting site like http://imageshack.us/

Step Two: Hit the "browse" button that's on their main page and navigate to the picture file that you want to upload and select it then hit the "Host It" button back on the imageshack page.

Step Three: It will take you to a page listing various links to the image. You will want to select the, "Direct Link To Image" one. Copy the link it lists there and paste it in between a set of the following tags: [IMG][/IMG]

So it'll look like this:

[IMG]http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/8982/missilecommandstevenspibf1.jpg[/IMG]

And once you post, it will show up like this:

Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #3
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
If you want to put them all up together, so people can download the whole batch instead of one at a time, you should zip them into a .zip file and put it up on one of the many file-sharing sites, like MegaUpload or Rapidshare.

Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
Relenzo2
Forumite

Thnks serpentine! I'll try that.

"The beauty and genius of a work of film may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished fiction may yet again inspire the screenplay-writer; but when the last individual of a race of living directors, of artists, breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." -William Beebe, modified in memorial of the twentieth century

Su'cuy, vod, kar'laylirdarasuum me'suum!

Star Wars: The Plastic Director's Cut!
Relenzo2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > The Cantina > On Posting downloads