lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: adding maps to PC server
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
GTSinc
Rookie

adding maps to PC server

one thing i have never figured out how to do... how do you add custom maps to a PC dedicated server?

GTSinc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
Relenzo2
Forumite

Hmmm. Heck, most custom maps don't work online period. But if you have a map like Coruscant: City, then the only advice I can give you is to use non-dedicated and don't worry, it'll be fine, unless your computer totally sucks. If it does... *shrugs*

"The beauty and genius of a work of film may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished fiction may yet again inspire the screenplay-writer; but when the last individual of a race of living directors, of artists, breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." -William Beebe, modified in memorial of the twentieth century

Su'cuy, vod, kar'laylirdarasuum me'suum!

Star Wars: The Plastic Director's Cut!
Relenzo2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #3
TripHammer

Mod maps can be added to a server online quite easily. The mod maps go into the Addon folder of the PC server just like it does for the game. The sound folder for the map has to be removed first or the map won't run.

TripHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
Relenzo2
Forumite

...Maybe that's why none of 'em worked for me online... *smack!*

"The beauty and genius of a work of film may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished fiction may yet again inspire the screenplay-writer; but when the last individual of a race of living directors, of artists, breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." -William Beebe, modified in memorial of the twentieth century

Su'cuy, vod, kar'laylirdarasuum me'suum!

Star Wars: The Plastic Director's Cut!
Relenzo2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
GTSinc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripHammer View Post
Mod maps can be added to a server online quite easily. The mod maps go into the Addon folder of the PC server just like it does for the game. The sound folder for the map has to be removed first or the map won't run.

i tried that, but it wont show the maps on Server Manager

GTSinc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #6
TripHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSinc View Post
i tried that, but it wont show the maps on Server Manager
The 1.08 version of the BBO server manager doesn't support mod maps and won't show them in the list of the server manager. 1.08 is what's packaged with the Server Software download from Lucas Arts Files.

Download the updated 1.10 version of the BBO Server Manager HERE.

This also fixes a number of bugs like banning blank name players and identifying fake chat in the log so it can be cross-referenced with the CSV stats file.

You'll also need the 1.10 version of the Remote manager if you want to connect to your 1.10 server remotely. That can be found HERE... and User Guide for both HERE. The user guide was released when the 1.08 version was released so it won't reference the updated 1.10.

TripHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Server Administration > adding maps to PC server