lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Saber going though what?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-08-2008, 02:18 AM   #1
ZerooftheFour
Rookie
 
ZerooftheFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 109
Saber going though what?

Ok, I have no idea whats the current intention or idea is right now about sabers penetrating though common brushes. But when doing some private testing, I noticed that the most recent package that came with the enhanced stuff had no problems with sabers bouncing off though walls. It was like 1.1 where the saber would only bounce if you arm or hilt was trying to go though the wall and I have no problems there. However, In Maxstate's current MSN comment and what I believe to be the most recent DLLs, Sabers can not go though the ground when doing certain uppercuts on certain styles. I think this to be very game breaking if it can render your very ability to saber and not to mention increase randomness, unpredictability, and lack of control.

Sabers should be able to go though anything unless its a forcefield, saber or blaster fire, in movies and stuff, things get shred to pieces with light sabers. Yet even the smallest pillar/brush can not be penetrated in the latest build.
ZerooftheFour is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
No one told or asked you to download the "new" dlls, and as I (we've) said before, we're not troubleshooting them until after the release of v1.2.

Useless thread.

Maxstate is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
ZerooftheFour
Rookie
 
ZerooftheFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 109
Then why are the DLLs in your MSN comment if you don't want people to download it. Then does that mean you are testing 1.3 before 1.2's release?

How is it useless?

And a more important question, what is the intent of the whole sabers not going though the ground on a few uppercut swings? Are you trying to nerf and randomize sabering? This issue has been on and off the whole time I have been testing 1.2, sometimes its there, and sometimes it is not. I don't believe a thread that addresses a huge game play issue that might slip by for 1.2 could not be considered useless.
ZerooftheFour is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
DarthDie
Junior Member
 
DarthDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 407
Its been fixed noob.


OJP Sponsors and websites

"...and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges."
DarthDie is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
It's a link? No it's not.
It's meant for you? No it's not.
Was V1.2 released? No it wasn't.

Maxstate is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2008, 12:07 AM   #6
ZerooftheFour
Rookie
 
ZerooftheFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 109
It's a link? Yes it is. "mediafire.com/?jnizd5dkjzm" looks pretty "linky" to me
It's meant for you? Well I think I am trying to help beta test...
Was V1.2 released? "we're not troubleshooting them until after the release of v1.2." What does that mean in regards to your "link" then.
ZerooftheFour is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2008, 02:09 AM   #7
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
It's a link? Yes it is. "mediafire.com/?jnizd5dkjzm" looks pretty "linky" to me
It's meant for you? Well I think I am trying to help beta test...
Was V1.2 released? "we're not troubleshooting them until after the release of v1.2." What does that mean in regards to your "link" then.
You would have to add at least the world wide web part, if not the entire http:// section of it, for it to become a link. In its original state, it's also just a message that can not be clicked (at least in my MSN) and has to be copied manually. That's a lot of work right there for something as easy as a link!
Give it up, it's not a link.

I don't see how you can take the beta-testing reigns into your own hands, considering that the developers usually handpick the beta testers. By that logic, anyone could download it from my link and become a "beta tester". No one did though, only you.

It doesn't mean anything in regards to my link. Unless you try to make it mean something that it doesn't.

Maxstate is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #8
razorace
Impressive, Terran!
 
razorace's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 9,172
Max, maybe you should post beta links to the mailing list instead of your IM. It sounds like the fans have figured out your IM link haxes.


---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #9
ZerooftheFour
Rookie
 
ZerooftheFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
You would have to add at least the world wide web part, if not the entire http:// section of it, for it to become a link. In its original state, it's also just a message that can not be clicked (at least in my MSN) and has to be copied manually.
Funny you should say that because when I put that "link" in it adds http://www. to it. So I guess it is a link. Not to mention the .com part kinda gives it away as being an internet address of some sort.

http://maxstate.justgotowned.com/

Here I took the time and effort to make you a link and a whole website


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
That's a lot of work right there for something as easy as a link!
Well I guess I work really hard for this mod then.

http://maxstate.justgotowned.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
I don't see how you can take the beta-testing reigns into your own hands, considering that the developers usually handpick the beta testers. By that logic, anyone could download it from my link and become a "beta tester". No one did though, only you.
Keep your beta closed then because you just leaked your whole mod.

http://maxstate.justgotowned.com/
ZerooftheFour is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #10
JRHockney*
Moderator
 
JRHockney*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,255
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
dont mind zero guys he's one of our best beta testers. He's found some crazy hacky stuff so far but luckily he hasnt found too many bugs that we didnt intend for. we must be doing something right He's also the master of the unrivaled exploiding kitten idea!


Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #11
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
Funny you should say that because when I put that "link" in it adds http://www. to it. So I guess it is a link. Not to mention the .com part kinda gives it away as being an internet address of some sort.
The questions were whether it was a link and whether someone asked you to download the files from my personal message. Again, it is not a link. It requires the reader to re-type it or otherwise copypaste it into his browser. This shows that the reader didn't stumble upon the dlls, but typed the address into his browser with intent, knowing full-well the agreements that have been made about pre v1.2 files and the troubleshooting thereof.

If it was a link, all you'd have to do is click it. No one asked you to download, nor test nor post about the files in my IM message. Again, you knew full well what was agreed about these files because you've been at some of our playtests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
http://maxstate.justgotowned.com/
Here I took the time and effort to make you a link and a whole website
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
Well I guess I work really hard for this mod then.
http://maxstate.justgotowned.com/
Keep your beta closed then because you just leaked your whole mod.
http://maxstate.justgotowned.com/
[/quote]
I haven't leaked anything. Notice how you're, so far, the only one that has downloaded it and posted about it? The rest of the downloaders are actual betatesters that aren't universally loathed by the rest of the team. You don't see them posting threads on a beta version, do you? Ever stop to think about what you're doing?

Maxstate is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #12
The Unbeholden
Rookie
 
The Unbeholden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 178
all i have to say to this situation between max state and ZeroOfTheFour... is LOL

especially the Maxstate got owned part... cause that is a link max, even though not a fully fuctional one it still works if you fill in the blanks. which any retard can...

bad mistake on your part


What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!
The Unbeholden is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #13
DarthDie
Junior Member
 
DarthDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 407
K both of you calm down. Since Zero is not a "official" beta tester he is now declared one, from what i've seen he seems to be a pretty good bug finder/beta tester.

*rzrace smilie*


OJP Sponsors and websites

"...and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges."
DarthDie is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #14
ZerooftheFour
Rookie
 
ZerooftheFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDie View Post
K both of you calm down. Since Zero is not a "official" beta tester he is now declared one, from what i've seen he seems to be a pretty good bug finder/beta tester.

*rzrace smilie*
One link says it all.

http://www.maxstate.justgotowned.com/
ZerooftheFour is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #15
Tanqexe
Junior Member
 
Tanqexe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 260
If only bug testing capability correlated in directed proportion to good etiquette.

Look, that .dll file was not meant for the public. If that was the case, then we'd have put a link here on the forums. Max put up that link two days ago on MSN for ease of access to the people we asked to take part in a demo for Nozyspy and Kouen, who were very nice and spent much time playing with us so that they could write a review.

That message was intended for the people who were invited to take part in the demonstration of OJP's major gameplay elements. It wasn't even a troubleshooting session, and you were not asked to download or take part in said demo. Even if it was an internal beta testing session (as opposed to an open beta publicly posted here):

What happens in beta testing hell, stays in beta testing hell.

I think we've learned a lesson in the past few months regarding the release of our beta builds - with too many versions floating around, client-server incompatibility bugs show up, among numerous other headaches which discourage new players from playing. People unable to spawn because of changes to the costs for certain skills, etc., all that could be avoided if normal players didn't get caught up in trying to get the newest beta build.

Oh, did someone mention to you yet that Max's .dll link was actually 4 bug revisions old? It was used on the tntclan server to bypass the very problem I was talking about regarding multiple builds. It wasn't even the "most recent package." We weren't even intending on releasing a "most recent package" for everyone until the official release on JK3Files. Why? To prevent threads like these.


Tanqexe is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #16
The Unbeholden
Rookie
 
The Unbeholden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 178
Tanqexe is right as usual. His wisdom belies his years.

this thread should be closed. And Max should remove that link from the MSN account.. thens everyones happy

ow and we need a OJP 0.1.2 changes log


What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!
The Unbeholden is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #17
Tanqexe
Junior Member
 
Tanqexe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 260
Now, who'd want to spoil the fun and open up everyone's presents on Christmas Eve? *hint hint*


Tanqexe is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 02:45 AM   #18
[Alpha]-0mega-
Rookie
 
[Alpha]-0mega-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 186
If I could choose I would prefer to have it opened before Christmas Eve.


[Alpha]-0mega- is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 09:00 AM   #19
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbeholden View Post
all i have to say to this situation between max state and ZeroOfTheFour... is LOL

especially the Maxstate got owned part... cause that is a link max, even though not a fully fuctional one it still works if you fill in the blanks. which any retard can...

bad mistake on your part
So it's a link when you fill in the blanks? Yes, like a piece of wood is a guitar body - you just have to fill in the blanks

No. Zero typed out the link and added what was necessary for it to become a link, knowingly downloaded it despite knowing the proper code of conduct regarding betas, then posts a thread about it where he goes into offensive mode versus me for allowing *people* to download a beta from my msn personal message that he just happened to come across, download, play and review. Again, despite knowing the agreements that were laid out regarding the betatesting process.

Haven't you noticed that there wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for this thread? He not only made people aware of where to get a bugged out beta, offended me and the team, but also accused me of making some kind of mistake because he happened to go ahead and download, play and review something that wasn't meant for him. Then he posted a thread about it.
Even with everything working against him he's still being stubborn, disrespectful and insulting.

This is not betatester material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDie View Post
K both of you calm down. Since Zero is not a "official" beta tester he is now declared one, from what i've seen he seems to be a pretty good bug finder/beta tester.

*rzrace smilie*
That doesn't mean he'd be a good betatester. Read the mailing list I sent out this morning; we need to re-assess who gets to be a betatester and who doesn't. This won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
.
.
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanqexe View Post
If only bug testing capability correlated in directed proportion to good etiquette.
If only it was directly proportionate to anything redeemable for Zero's position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanq
Look, that .dll file was not meant for the public. If that was the case, then we'd have put a link here on the forums. Max put up that link two days ago on MSN for ease of access to the people we asked to take part in a demo for Nozyspy and Kouen, who were very nice and spent much time playing with us so that they could write a review.
You don't have to treat him like a kid, Tanq. He knows exactly what he did and why he did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanq
That message was intended for the people who were invited to take part in the demonstration of OJP's major gameplay elements. It wasn't even a troubleshooting session, and you were not asked to download or take part in said demo. Even if it was an internal beta testing session (as opposed to an open beta publicly posted here):
As you've noticed yesterday, he tends to invite himself to betatesting sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanq
What happens in beta testing hell, stays in beta testing hell.
VVVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
You don't have to treat him like a kid, Tanq. He knows exactly what he did and why he did it.
VVVV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanqexe View Post
If only bug testing capability correlated in directed proportion to good etiquette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanq
I think we've learned a lesson in the past few months regarding the release of our beta builds - with too many versions floating around, client-server incompatibility bugs show up, among numerous other headaches which discourage new players from playing. People unable to spawn because of changes to the costs for certain skills, etc., all that could be avoided if normal players didn't get caught up in trying to get the newest beta build.
If he hasn't noticed himself being the only person to post about this and make such a big fuss about it, I doubt he'd be able to understand the finer details of why and how we've been working the way we have. Which is why I'm beginning to feel sympathy for his case; don't think he knows any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanq
Oh, did someone mention to you yet that Max's .dll link was actually 4 bug revisions old? It was used on the tntclan server to bypass the very problem I was talking about regarding multiple builds. It wasn't even the "most recent package." We weren't even intending on releasing a "most recent package" for everyone until the official release on JK3Files. Why? To prevent threads like these.
That's what I've been trying to tell him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbeholden View Post
Tanqexe is right as usual. His wisdom belies his years.
Tanq said exactly the same as I did. You should stop sucking up to him for plagiarizing his and Hockney's work, you're as bad as Zero is in a lot of books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbeholden
this thread should be closed. And Max should remove that link from the MSN account.. thens everyones happy
Since when have you been in a position to order anyone or anything around? I've never demanded recognition or respect from anyone, but the level of disrespect you're showing with your miserable combination of brown-nosing and insulting is getting really aggravating, really fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbeholden
ow and we need a OJP 0.1.2 changes log
Weird, wasn't it in my "link" together with the rest of OJP? Hmmmm...........

Maxstate is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #20
[Alpha]-0mega-
Rookie
 
[Alpha]-0mega-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 186
I felt like wasting some time.

One: A link, what is a link? Something that CONNECTS some things.
His personal message connects nothing. It only connects to a website when filled in *in a browser* (And may even require adding http:// or www. to it), but the message itself in his personal message is not a link. For it links to nothing (as mentioned before). The best you could claim is that it refers to a site. (Referring != linking)

I see nothing to blame on Maxstate, unless you want to blame him for "ignorance about the existence of foolish people who complain about unofficial "links"."

And do not dare to go against me, for I am God. "If you fill in the blanks."

p.s: Zero's counter to Maxstate with his abuse of the yougotowned site is weak imo.


Point two of my post contains a disclaimer with random points to avoid this crap in the future lol, and can be completely ignored unless you have time to kill and just want to read some stuff:
================================================== ================
Two:
Maybe you need to add a disclaimer to the beta version:
*By filling in this personal message on my msn in your web browser and by downloading the file associated with beforementioned personal message (when typed out in a browser), you agree that you have downloaded a beta, and as such, you agree that we hold no responsibility for any game related issues that you may or may not have. Also, the following points apply:

1.: You will agree (not whine about) this Beta product as it is, beta, and as such, it is not meant for release to the general public. (However the potential to download *is* available to the public, as beforementioned this is done on your own risk, and we take no responsibility whatsoever)

2.: You will not act like it is the final product, as it is a beta product.

3.: You will agree with (not whine about) this disclaimer, or about not having read it. It applies whether you have read it or not.

4.: For every successive post in a whine thread made by the downloader, the downloader grants the OJP team permission to redeem 20 euros per post from the downloader.

If you do not agree, delete this file now or face ultimate nubbishness.*


[Alpha]-0mega- is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #21
The Unbeholden
Rookie
 
The Unbeholden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
So it's a link when you fill in the blanks? Yes, like a piece of wood is a guitar body - you just have to fill in the blanks

No. Zero typed out the link and added what was necessary for it to become a link, knowingly downloaded it despite knowing the proper code of conduct regarding betas, then posts a thread about it where he goes into offensive mode versus me for allowing *people* to download a beta from my msn personal message that he just happened to come across, download, play and review. Again, despite knowing the agreements that were laid out regarding the betatesting process.
ok relax, I wasn't really been that serious. This is nothing don't worry about it. Best thing to do is forget that this thread is here, respond once clearing it up and leave. Dragging this along like some sort of big a deal is ridiculous. lets just all kiss and make up now.

and theres a big difference between demand and ask thank you very much

Tanqexe has taught me alot, about plagiarizism and how to saber fight. I've learned from his experience, i respect him alot now, and perhaps my attitude in general is more light hearted. I think things are good between us now.


What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Last edited by The Unbeholden; 06-10-2008 at 10:27 AM.
The Unbeholden is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #22
Tanqexe
Junior Member
 
Tanqexe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Alpha]-0mega- View Post
Maybe you need to add a disclaimer to the beta version:
*By filling in this personal message on my msn in your web browser and by downloading the file associated with beforementioned personal message (when typed out in a browser), you agree that you have downloaded a beta, and as such, you agree that we hold no responsibility for any game related issues that you may or may not have. Also, the following points apply:

1.: You will agree (not whine about) this Beta product as it is, beta, and as such, it is not meant for release to the general public. (However the potential to download *is* available to the public, as beforementioned this is done on your own risk, and we take no responsibility whatsoever)

2.: You will not act like it is the final product, as it is a beta product.

3.: You will agree with (not whine about) this disclaimer, or about not having read it. It applies whether you have read it or not.

4.: For every successive post in a whine thread made by the downloader, the downloader grants the OJP team permission to redeem 20 euros per post from the downloader.

If you do not agree, delete this file now or face ultimate nubbishness.*
Damn, I absolutely loathe legalese, but that is gold.

Well, this is an open source mod, and we certainly have nothing against people troubleshooting on their own time (when we finally make that commit to the repository). However, this should only extend to open betas and public releases. Internal betas are done for a reason - we're testing out some new ideas or tweaking old ones, things not meant to be committed just yet to the repository. They aren't intended for "public consumption."

'Course we haven't committed to the repository just yet, but that will most likely change following v1.2 release.


Tanqexe is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #23
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Alpha]-0mega- View Post
I felt like wasting some time.

One: A link, what is a link? Something that CONNECTS some things.
His personal message connects nothing. It only connects to a website when filled in *in a browser* (And may even require adding http:// or www. to it), but the message itself in his personal message is not a link. For it links to nothing (as mentioned before). The best you could claim is that it refers to a site. (Referring != linking)

I see nothing to blame on Maxstate, unless you want to blame him for "ignorance about the existence of foolish people who complain about unofficial "links"."

And do not dare to go against me, for I am God. "If you fill in the blanks."

p.s: Zero's counter to Maxstate with his abuse of the yougotowned site is weak imo.


Point two of my post contains a disclaimer with random points to avoid this crap in the future lol, and can be completely ignored unless you have time to kill and just want to read some stuff:
================================================== ================
Two:
Maybe you need to add a disclaimer to the beta version:
*By filling in this personal message on my msn in your web browser and by downloading the file associated with beforementioned personal message (when typed out in a browser), you agree that you have downloaded a beta, and as such, you agree that we hold no responsibility for any game related issues that you may or may not have. Also, the following points apply:

1.: You will agree (not whine about) this Beta product as it is, beta, and as such, it is not meant for release to the general public. (However the potential to download *is* available to the public, as beforementioned this is done on your own risk, and we take no responsibility whatsoever)

2.: You will not act like it is the final product, as it is a beta product.

3.: You will agree with (not whine about) this disclaimer, or about not having read it. It applies whether you have read it or not.

4.: For every successive post in a whine thread made by the downloader, the downloader grants the OJP team permission to redeem 20 euros per post from the downloader.

If you do not agree, delete this file now or face ultimate nubbishness.*
____ _____ ____ __
/\ _`\ /\ __`\ /\ _` \/\ \
\ \ \L\ \ \ \/\ \ \ \L\_ \ \ \
\ \ , / \ \ \ \ \ \ _\/ \ \ \ __
\ \ \\ \\ \ \_\ \ \ \/ \ \ \L\ \
\ \_\ \_ \ \____\ \_\ \ \____/
\/_/\/ / \/_____/\/_/ \/___/

edit: it borked my rofl

Maxstate is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #24
[Alpha]-0mega-
Rookie
 
[Alpha]-0mega-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
____ _____ ____ __
/\ _`\ /\ __`\ /\ _` \/\ \
\ \ \L\ \ \ \/\ \ \ \L\_ \ \ \
\ \ , / \ \ \ \ \ \ _\/ \ \ \ __
\ \ \\ \\ \ \_\ \ \ \/ \ \ \L\ \
\ \_\ \_ \ \____\ \_\ \ \____/
\/_/\/ / \/_____/\/_/ \/___/

edit: it borked my rofl
Gawd, that actually made me chuckle.

I can read it when I quote you though :P.


[Alpha]-0mega- is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #25
ZerooftheFour
Rookie
 
ZerooftheFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
So it's a link when you fill in the blanks? Yes, like a piece of wood is a guitar body - you just have to fill in the blanks

No. Zero typed out the link and added what was necessary for it to become a link, knowingly downloaded it despite knowing the proper code of conduct regarding betas, then posts a thread about it where he goes into offensive mode versus me for allowing *people* to download a beta from my msn personal message that he just happened to come across, download, play and review. Again, despite knowing the agreements that were laid out regarding the betatesting process.
Ok not once did I post that link on this thread, I only made note of something that was in your own MSN comment. Don’t give a statement with assumptions. You have a comment on you MSN its only natural for people to look into it deeper. You by far leaked something. Don’t blame it on me. It was on your MSN comment for the whole world to view. And any person with half a brain can type it in and get it. I on my part made a mistake to download it because I assumed that it was the most recent version after testing with that JK3 guy.
I also have never been given the proper code of conducts for OJP beta testing. I just played with Jon and got invited and stuff.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
So Haven't you noticed that there wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for this thread? He not only made people aware of where to get a bugged out beta, offended me and the team, but also accused me of making some kind of mistake because he happened to go ahead and download, play and review something that wasn't meant for him. Then he posted a thread about it.
Even with everything working against him he's still being stubborn, disrespectful and insulting.
No one hates me, only you do. Jon said I was a good tester. Die said he will make me a declared beta tester. You if anything are being stubborn, respectful and insulting. The link for you ownage was only a joke. Get over it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
This is not betatester material.
Like finding certain bugs and crashes with about 1 month of testing is not betatester material… Okay…


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
That doesn't mean he'd be a good betatester. Read the mailing list I sent out this morning; we need to re-assess who gets to be a betatester and who doesn't. This won't work.
Jon and Die say otherwise.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
If only it was directly proportionate to anything redeemable for Zero's position.
So basically I am a bad person now?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
You don't have to treat him like a kid, Tanq. He knows exactly what he did and why he did it.
Yeah… I copied your comment to do some testing on it, and I did it because I love OJP.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
As you've noticed yesterday, he tends to invite himself to betatesting sessions.
Not really, Die lets me come on. Until this point which you turned the whole team against me to follow your own private agenda.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
If he hasn't noticed himself being the only person to post about this and make such a big fuss about it, I doubt he'd be able to understand the finer details of why and how we've been working the way we have. Which is why I'm beginning to feel sympathy for his case; don't think he knows any better.
There was nothing fussy about this it. I posted politely and respectfully, read the 1st post. Nothing bad was said. But you proceeded to deem my efforts “useless”. And because of your own action, you are making things spin out of control.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanqexe View Post
Oh, did someone mention to you yet that Max's .dll link was actually 4 bug revisions old? It was used on the tntclan server to bypass the very problem I was talking about regarding multiple builds. It wasn't even the "most recent package." We weren't even intending on releasing a "most recent package" for everyone until the official release on JK3Files. Why? To prevent threads like these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
That's what I've been trying to tell him.
No one said anything to me of the sort. However Max, you made a dumb move by posting that in you MSN comment and suspecting no one to look into it or download it.

I now know that its not the most recent package. My mistake. But is that mistake worth being off of OJP and its beta team? While you Max, still have that comment on your MSN. Isn’t that an even bigger mistake?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
Tanq said exactly the same as I did. You should stop sucking up to him for plagiarizing his and Hockney's work, you're as bad as Zero is in a lot of books.
I can feel your anger… Use it strike me off the beta team and the whole mod will be yours…

Good Good….


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate View Post
Since when have you been in a position to order anyone or anything around? I've never demanded recognition or respect from anyone, but the level of disrespect you're showing with your miserable combination of brown-nosing and insulting is getting really aggravating, really fast.
Your path to the dark side is complete. The future of OJP will be ruled by the Iron Fist of Maxstate for ages to come… The Last Hope has failed us…
ZerooftheFour is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #26
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,899
Great that means pain and suffering for an eternity, it will be hell on earth (moan)


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #27
[Alpha]-0mega-
Rookie
 
[Alpha]-0mega-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 186
I'm bored, so I'll just give my opinion lolz.
Bolding in the following quotes: Mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
Ok not once did I post that link on this thread, I only made note of something that was in your own MSN comment.
1.: You make it seem like you're claiming that he claims you posted it on this thread, nowhere in that post does he claim you posted it on this thread.
2.: WHAT YOU SAY?! all your base are belong to us
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
It's a link? Yes it is. "mediafire.com/?jnizd5dkjzm" looks pretty "linky" to me
It's meant for you? Well I think I am trying to help beta test...
Was V1.2 released? "we're not troubleshooting them until after the release of v1.2." What does that mean in regards to your "link" then.
WUT?!?!?!?!?!

Added as a spoiler to put the main focus on first & 2nd quote.
spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
No one hates me, only you do. Jon said I was a good tester. Die said he will make me a declared beta tester. You if anything are being stubborn, respectful and insulting. The link for you ownage was only a joke. Get over it.
Then consider his "insults" ''jokes'' as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
Like finding certain bugs and crashes with about 1 month of testing is not betatester material… Okay…
Finding bugs & crashes (though depending on the type 1 month seems quite a long time to me.) is one part, *communication* is an other part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
No one said anything to me of the sort. However Max, you made a dumb move by posting that in you MSN comment and suspecting no one to look into it or download it.
I believe he stated that it was put there for "official" testers to be able to grab the files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
While you Max, still have that comment on your MSN. Isn’t that an even bigger mistake?
I still see many *Non-testers* playing with the old "stable release" from the sticky in this forum, they don't even know there's a beta out there. Apparently like Maxstate said, only people with certain intent got it?


[Alpha]-0mega- is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #28
ZerooftheFour
Rookie
 
ZerooftheFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 109
My bad, but remember it doesn't have http://www. so its not a link apparently. So in Maxstates book, there is nothing wrong with it.

Plus people are 2 dumb to figure that mediafire.com/?jnizd5dkjzm is some sorta link.

And yes I am taking back what I said about it being a link because Maxstate out smarted me really good like. I r just stupid
ZerooftheFour is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #29
[Alpha]-0mega-
Rookie
 
[Alpha]-0mega-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 186
Maxstate claimed that it was not a link BEFORE you posted that post.
So you posted it CLAIMING that what you wrote there, was indeed a link.

If you changed your mind later that's what the edit button is for.

Cheap tactic, to suddenly use the opponent's argument as your own, but phail nonetheless.

lalz.


[Alpha]-0mega- is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #30
ZerooftheFour
Rookie
 
ZerooftheFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 109
But i iz stupid?!

Besides I just agree with whatever Maxstate says because its always right, as of about 5 mins ago. So I changed my mind and say its not a link.

So technically I never posted a link until I put http://www. and mediafire.com/?jnizd5dkjzm right next to each other.
ZerooftheFour is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #31
The Unbeholden
Rookie
 
The Unbeholden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
I can feel your anger… Use it strike me off the beta team and the whole mod will be yours…

Good Good….

Your path to the dark side is complete. The future of OJP will be ruled by the Iron Fist of Maxstate for ages to come… The Last Hope has failed us…
that last part was hilarious..

Maxstate has a aggressive demeanor, perhaps its his overly serious attitude or the stress and frustration of daily life that makes him so. What ever it is its no excuse to treat anybody like that, after ZerooftheFour, with his last ounce of anger he threw it my way.. not to mention Razorace you has been a coder for OJP since god knows when.

I only hope he can either A. streer away from what ever cause the frustrations of stress in his life and B. to lighten up, especially since this is just a forum, some written words that don't necessarily mean what they say, some human emotions and sarcasm can't be read in letters.

I would love to be Maxstates friend, but if he treats everybody this way if they make one little false move, even if its by mistake he makes it his obligation to tear them down. His personal agenda should be left out of this... lest his dark side consume us all.

handle situations with Professionalism, not anger. Anger leads to the dark side...


What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!
The Unbeholden is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #32
[Alpha]-0mega-
Rookie
 
[Alpha]-0mega-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 186
If you ask me I don't see that much anger in his posts, but maybe that's just me lol.
I'm used to the ULTIMATE FLAMING WARZ! Where words like COCK, MOM and BITCH can be seen invading the forum from every angle.

Where discussions quickly deteriorate from arguments like "Your statement is false because so and so is proven to be untrue." to
"Your statement is false because you're a FAG"

DISCLAIMER:
(Words have been linked to show my usage of the word in this post, if you thought otherwise, then do not blame me for using the words, blame yourself for being conditioned in such a manner that those kinds of definitions are the primary ones you associate with them on online posts. As such, if you found these words offensive in any way, I hold zero responsibility for any emotional effects these words may have on your mental state, for I have applied official definitions that are considered acceptable in society, and are not derogatory in their meaning towards the majority of this planet's population.)



Last edited by [Alpha]-0mega-; 06-10-2008 at 04:48 PM.
[Alpha]-0mega- is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #33
ZerooftheFour
Rookie
 
ZerooftheFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 109
MB2 FORUMS HERE WE COMEZ!
ZerooftheFour is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #34
[Alpha]-0mega-
Rookie
 
[Alpha]-0mega-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 186
Bolding mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
Posted at 03:34 PM But i iz stupid?!

Besides I just agree with whatever Maxstate says because its always right, as of about 5 mins ago. So I changed my mind and say its not a link.

So technically I never posted a link until I put http://www. and mediafire.com/?jnizd5dkjzm right next to each other.
Technically you did, considering at the moment of posting you were still under the impression that it was indeed a link. And the post where you mentioned that you never posted the link in this thread, is more than 5 minutes ago.

Posted at 03:34 PM - Noez 5 minuts ago I agreed with him and as such I changed my mind!
Posted at 03:00 PM - I NEVER POSTED A LINK.

Time difference, 34 minutes.

Note that the post where you first said you agreed with him was posted more than 5 minutes ago as well.
SO YOU LIEZ ZOMG!

Nice try, my "friend". BUT WORDS LAIK THESE WONT SAVE U IN COURT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
MB2 FORUMS HERE WE COMEZ!
Zomg? They filled with spam and flame and insults? (Goes to check.)
EDIT: I am disappointed, there was nothing to fulfill my expectations. =(



Last edited by [Alpha]-0mega-; 06-10-2008 at 05:02 PM.
[Alpha]-0mega- is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #35
ZerooftheFour
Rookie
 
ZerooftheFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 109
Phail.
ZerooftheFour is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #36
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,899
you mean...FAIL


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #37
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
Ok not once did I post that link on this thread, I only made note of something that was in your own MSN comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
It's a link? Yes it is. "mediafire.com/?jnizd5dkjzm" looks pretty "linky" to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
Don’t give a statement with assumptions. You have a comment on you MSN its only natural for people to look into it deeper. You by far leaked something. Don’t blame it on me. It was on your MSN comment for the whole world to view. And any person with half a brain can type it in and get it. I on my part made a mistake to download it because I assumed that it was the most recent version after testing with that JK3 guy.
It seems a bit ironic that you tell me not to post statements with assumptions, but then you go right on ahead and assume you know exactly what is "natural" and how a "person with half a brain" would behave in the current situation.

I haven't leaked anything. There is no person in my MSN list that even remotely knows what the link is for, nor does anyone care what it is for. Am I guilty for putting a string of text in my personal message, or are you for crafting it into a link and posting a thread about, while consecutively drawing mass attention to it? Need I remind you that, before you posted, neither my personal message nor I were a problem of any sort?

Your mistake was to make this thread, as I pointed out with my very first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
I also have never been given the proper code of conducts for OJP beta testing. I just played with Jon and got invited and stuff.
If you haven't, you aren't a betatester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
No one hates me, only you do. Jon said I was a good tester. Die said he will make me a declared beta tester. You if anything are being stubborn, respectful and insulting. The link for you ownage was only a joke. Get over it.
You're pretty much universally loathed across the entire community. Die tried to defuse a situation he knew would become volatile soon enough. Too bad Die has OJP's best interests in mind, and not yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerooftheFour View Post
Like finding certain bugs and crashes with about 1 month of testing is not betatester material… Okay…
If you're having some kind of cognitive dissonance here I'll gladly help you understand what I posted about the prerequisites of being a betatester for OJP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
Jon and Die say otherwise.
Jon maybe, since he likes to keep things happy and fun-fun-yo-ho-ho-ho, but Die? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
So basically I am a bad person now?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man


Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
Yeah… I copied your comment to do some testing on it, and I did it because I love OJP.
You did it because you wanted a head start and thought that this'd be something along the lines of the V1.2 code. This has nothing to do with OJP.
Though I dislike the idea of you meddling with affairs that are none of your business, knowing that you downloaded and tested the beta wouldn't have been a problem. This thread is a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
Not really, Die lets me come on. Until this point which you turned the whole team against me to follow your own private agenda.
If I'm not mistaken, Die polled us on whether or not we should kick you for being a god damn nuisance during testing. The general ambience went from *testing* to *oh it's zero he's annoying* as soon as we saw you connecting.

Of course, you had to disguise your name so you wouldn't get outright kicked the first moment we saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
There was nothing fussy about this it. I posted politely and respectfully, read the 1st post. Nothing bad was said. But you proceeded to deem my efforts “useless”. And because of your own action, you are making things spin out of control.
....you downloaded something that was none of your business by altering a copy of my personal message, then, without consulting anyone about it, you went ahead and made a thread about it. A thread in which you review and ask questions based on an internal OJP Beta that you had nothing to do with.

This thread is useless, you wanting to help is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
No one said anything to me of the sort. However Max, you made a dumb move by posting that in you MSN comment and suspecting no one to look into it or download it.
And who are you to judge my moves? I'd like to remind you, AGAIN, that you are the only one that has approached me on this subject and/or made a thread about it, thus far.

Can you explain why it is a dumb move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
I now know that its not the most recent package. My mistake. But is that mistake worth being off of OJP and its beta team? While you Max, still have that comment on your MSN. Isn’t that an even bigger mistake?
Since when have the betas regarding to V1.2 and v1.2's release been discussed anywhere else than IM and the mailing list? For the last 5 months, have you seen anyone complain about that beta I got it sux omg, other than Viper who got the faulty v1.2 release?

If you were serious about the betatesting, you wouldn't completely circumvent the team, nor would you fail to inquire (as you have now) as to what it is that you have downloaded. What it is you're going to have to do, as a betatester. You've done nothing that one could expect from a betatester. If you were just another player that has seen the works and knows how we operate, you'd know that V1.2's release is close by, and that this has been stressed multiple times on the forums. This'd lead you to believe that there is no. way. that V1.2 would be released anywhere other than Jk3files.

Let's assume you were just a passerby to the forums. You'd have read the posts the team has made regarding Jk3files' staff's review-testing matches, and would know that they will primarily be coordinated via IM (since this was posted about). You didn't pay attention to this either.

Instead, you jumped the gun, went around the entire team without asking a single thing about the file, the text, why it was there or what it was for. You failed to comprehensively read the posts that have been made in correlation with this subject and you have just plain failed to follow procedure.

You are a nosy player that thought he'd get street cred for "figuring out" the omg secret personal message codez. To get maximum reach, you posted a thread about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
I can feel your anger… Use it strike me off the beta team and the whole mod will be yours…

Good Good….
You were never on the beta team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
Your path to the dark side is complete. The future of OJP will be ruled by the Iron Fist of Maxstate for ages to come… The Last Hope has failed us…
Going as far back as my first post, the only thing I did was explain why this was a bad move, then criticise you for making it. Nothing more. I don't see how this compares to bad fan fiction about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbeholden View Post
that last part was hilarious..

Maxstate has a aggressive demeanor, perhaps its his overly serious attitude or the stress and frustration of daily life that makes him so. What ever it is its no excuse to treat anybody like that, after ZerooftheFour, with his last ounce of anger he threw it my way.. not to mention Razorace you has been a coder for OJP since god knows when.
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeholden
I only hope he can either A. streer away from what ever cause the frustrations of stress in his life and B. to lighten up, especially since this is just a forum, some written words that don't necessarily mean what they say, some human emotions and sarcasm can't be read in letters.
Put your brain into second gear and understand that this is not about writing on a forum but about Zero's behaviour in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeholden
I would love to be Maxstates friend, but if he treats everybody this way if they make one little false move, even if its by mistake he makes it his obligation to tear them down. His personal agenda should be left out of this... lest his dark side consume us all.
My personal agenda is to enable the JK3files staff to have an easy access to the files when I'm away? Do you do anything during the day? Do you know how hard it is to establish a proper contact with people as busy as the JK3Files staff, and keep it connected long enough for it to matter? When you're working ******** 50 hours a week, you don't have time to fool around with dlls and links and people. And since the community is expecting a release, this'd be the fastest way to get the files where they need to be. Now I am being criticised for having a personal agenda, for being a retard and making a dumb move because I'm trying to speed up the testing and reviewing phase of V1.2 development?

Get real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeholden
handle situations with Professionalism, not anger. Anger leads to the dark side...
Ahh well, I can learn much from you, oh prime paragon of professionalism.

Maxstate is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #38
The Unbeholden
Rookie
 
The Unbeholden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 178
i agree with you Max. nobody is a retard, its just a dumb move of yours to "leave" the uncompleted link on your MSN where possible beta testers (ZerooftheFour not a real beta tester but i think he means well) can get there hands on it.

But then again it was a dumb move for ZerooftheFour to go in places where he shouldn't have. and in the end get something out of date, and now we have to waste our time in this stupid thread...

We respect you Max for your hard work, i don't know the extent of what you do but from what i've heard you do alot. But a little sex won't hurt to ease the stress

All i have to say is lets drop the subject.


What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!
The Unbeholden is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #39
razorace
Impressive, Terran!
 
razorace's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 9,172
INTERNETZ F@1L3D.

m0v3 along.


---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Saber going though what?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.