For those of you that have not downloaded 1.2 yet, do it here
I thought I would give my impressions, suggestions and opinions after trying out the brand new 1.2 version posted on jk3files.
The saber system still spells awesomeness, even after all the changes, additions and whatnot, it is still the best thing for a Star Wars jedi type of game. I must say that I have not noticed any flaws, bugs or glitches in the saber system. Top notch. I did have to get used to the fact that I had to acquire a certain amount of experience points before I could choose Juyo and the Staff/Niman styles, but that's ok I guess. I also mourn about the fact that I cannot manually deflect blaster bolts with Soresu anymore, but so be it. Djem-So, here I come.
Things that were already excellent in previous versions remain that way, stuff like the main menus, ingame menus, sfx_sabers, exp points balance for skills and the gadgets available in gunnery are very well made. (Even though I made the ingame menus, they're still part of the good stuff.)
Unfortunately, there are a lot of bad things as well.
Most of them have to do with gunnery and bots.
The one dislike about bots is that they are awesome shooters. They will have every shot dead on target, even the stormtroopers with their E-11's.
The reload system is an awesome idea and, mostly, implemented well. However, there are a few bugs...
- When switching weapons, the spare ammo display is incorrect. (Saw this one already listed on the OJP 1.3 roadmap, though.)
- When picking up a dropped weapon (from a bot), the ammo in my clip will exceed the limit of that gun.
- The rocket launcher is bugged, when reloading, you move slower (probably intended) and after you here the 'click' it still takes a while before you can actually fire. If you switch weapons in the progress, you will still move slow for the rest of your life.
- The T-21 doesn't do anything for me. I might do something wrong with that weapon, but after testing it on a stormtrooper with absolutely no result, I ditched it for something else.
- Not reload-related, but you can still move around when you're in the middle of setting up a portable turret. Don't know if that's intended or not.
- Not reload, but gunnery related. I hate the fact that the game takes the privilege of spending my hard earned exp points to random guns, it doesn't do that with force powers, only with gunnery.
Anyway, these are my impressions of the new 1.2. I will play more of course and see if I can find any other stuff that needs mentioning. This mod is very well done, and if you can fix all those bugs, you might have the perfect mod already.