lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Alright...noob here...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #1
JaedenRuiner
Rookie

Alright...noob here...

Sorry,

I'm a modder and I write these things myself, but i figured it was time i checked out the ojp, and i can't play it. I've installed it, towed with a few of the server variables, and then went to load up my game.

I created a profile and everything, just trying to check out the game play and see how it works, ya know, but every bot I add gets kicked. Why? I don't care if they aren't configured perfectly to work with the game i just want a dummy to spar with and the engine keeps kicking them. I've got all my own model and skin packs, all the sabers too, so I'm good to go and play all these characters, but I don't want to have to rewrite every single JKB file in my mod packs to work with ojp. The documentation isn't quite clear on these commands to basically let me play on my own server alone against a few bots to learn, ya know.
*shrug*
Thanks guys, i mean the two seconds we actually crossed sabers before the bots vanished looked awesome, but I would like a bit more play time. *cheezygrin*

Thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner
JaedenRuiner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
[Alpha]-0mega-
Rookie

I believe there are CVARS to set how many players you need to have in a server, if that limit is reached, bots get kicked, I don't know the exact commands but I've seen them in the console before.

My guess is that you probably have them set in such a way that they're being kicked whenever there's one player (or even zero) on the servar.

[Alpha]-0mega- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

you probably have g_minplayers (I think that's it) set to something non-zero. It should be zero if you're manually adding bots.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Alright...noob here...