lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: K1 Enhancement Pack
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #121
Pikmin

You do have to talk to her in the enclave though, after you kill Juhani.
Pikmin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #122
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Heh, oops.

I forgot about that.

I've stopped killing Juhani due to an infinte DS point, credit and Eralam location on Korriban i can only get if i have Juhani in my party.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #123
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
I have to kill Juhani!!!!!!

Dangit...

(starts working out savegame arrangement to do this and still get Juhani)

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2008, 12:34 AM   #124
plokoon87
Rookie

Question

Something else I wanted to ask: Are the Sith troopers going to have those awesome silvery armor suits like the ones in the screenshot of the Upper City of Taris in the "no more lo-poly models screenshots? Those look way better than the original brass/gold ones.
plokoon87 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #125
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plokoon87 View Post
Hey SpaceAlex, I just thought of something else. All the Republic troops have the same face. Any plans to change them? Also the Sith Governer of Taris looks the same as all the dark Sith apprentices with the gold armor. It'd be cool if those guys had different faces from each other too.
We'll see...

Quote:
I'm just curious, how long does it take to reskin a character, give or take?
It depends. If you're a perfectionist, it can sometimes take up to 12 hours, but that's rare. Usually, it takes around 3 - 5 hours. What takes the most time is not actually skinning, but trying to get it to look right.

Quote:
Something else I wanted to ask: Are the Sith troopers going to have those awesome silvery armor suits like the ones in the screenshot of the Upper City of Taris in the "no more lo-poly models screenshots? Those look way better than the original brass/gold ones.
I don't know what you mean. The majority of the Sith wear the silver armor. Only the Heavy Troopers are in the red.

With that said, I am restoring a set of silver armor (well, it's just a different skin of the armor that we're already familiar with, really) that was supposed to be reserved for Commanders, but Bioware never used it for some reason.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #126
plokoon87
Rookie

Question

In my game the Sith Troopers wear a golden colored shiny armor. It's not silvery, it's golden. That's weird. I would much rather have the silver armor than that brassy stuff. The silver armor looks waaay better.

Hey something else I just thought of. You know how when you go to get the swoop accelerator from the Vulkers, and Kandon Ark says "I see you are not wearing the Hidden Bek colors..." They dont exactly have colors. I think it would be cool if you would make some kind of standardized uniform for the Beks to wear, with "Bek" colors. Just an idea.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #127
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

YAY very cool... I will download, and use almost everything. Not the caucasian pc head, since i prefer my own blue eyed skin yah thats ruthless advertising of myself

yeah that brass/silver thing is pretty odd, on the first comp i had kotor installed to, they had brassy colored armors and now with another computer they wear silver...
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 02:29 AM   #128
Bimmerman

Looks great so far! I really like the Belaya model and texture; any chance of getting that particular texture and model to replace a player character model? I like how that model looks better than the original models.

Thanks!

A racing addiction makes a crack addiction look like a vague desire for something salty. -Randy Hickman

Fear disturbs your concentration. - Sabine Schmitz
Bimmerman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #129
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Hey something else I just thought of. You know how when you go to get the swoop accelerator from the Vulkers, and Kandon Ark says "I see you are not wearing the Hidden Bek colors..." They dont exactly have colors. I think it would be cool if you would make some kind of standardized uniform for the Beks to wear, with "Bek" colors. Just an idea.
I've thought of doing that, but I think someone has already done it. Search KotorFiles for it.

Quote:
In my game the Sith Troopers wear a golden colored shiny armor. It's not silvery, it's golden. That's weird. I would much rather have the silver armor than that brassy stuff. The silver armor looks waaay better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
yeah that brass/silver thing is pretty odd, on the first comp i had kotor installed to, they had brassy colored armors and now with another computer they wear silver...
Ah, some cards render the shaders differently than others. If your card's responsible for the gold armors, my mod won't change anything. Which graphic card do you have, anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerman View Post
Looks great so far! I really like the Belaya model and texture; any chance of getting that particular texture and model to replace a player character model? I like how that model looks better than the original models.
You'll be able to replace it yourself when the mod's released. If you don't know how, there are some tutorials on this forum that can help you with that, I think.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #130
plokoon87
Rookie

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X300. That is kinda weird how that works. Is there any way to manipulate the armor so that it becomes silver with my card? Also, I just checked KOTORfiles, and no files exist with the Hidden Bek colors in them.

Just a quick question: how many MB is this mod gonna be?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #131
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

About the Bek and Vulkar color thing.

It is true that someone did that, but if i remember right it didn't include everyone of the gang memebers.

Besides, variety never hurt anyone. I think.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #132
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X300. That is kinda weird how that works. Is there any way to manipulate the armor so that it becomes silver with my card?
Perhaps something could be done by making the CM_Baremetal environment map texture a bit lighter, but it still won't look the same as on my PC. Anyway, I'm surprised KOTOR even runs on that card, to tell you the truth.

Quote:
Just a quick question: how many MB is this mod gonna be?
I have no idea, ATM. It will definitely be over 100MB, since a texture with a resolution of 512x512 takes 1MB of HD space. And there are a lot of new textures...

Old 09-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #133
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAlex View Post
I have no idea, ATM. It will definitely be over 100MB, since a texture with a resolution of 512x512 takes 1MB of HD space. And there are a lot of new textures...
I have a policy with Mods that improve graphics - if they're not big - I'm worried

I can't wait for this mod to come out SA - tis looking like a wonderful piece of work

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #134
plokoon87
Rookie

It actually runs very well on my card, and I actually have AA turned up to 4x I think and Anistropic Filtering is all the way up, and it works fine.

I am glad this is a large file. In my view, larger files mean better files

Btw, how would I go about making that armor look silvery? What is the process? Do I need GIMP?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:08 PM   #135
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
I have a policy with Mods that improve graphics - if they're not big - I'm worried
You've got that right.

Quote:
It actually runs very well on my card, and I actually have AA turned up to 4x I think and Anistropic Filtering is all the way up, and it works fine.
That's a surprise. At what resolution? 1024x768?

Quote:
I am glad this is a large file. In my view, larger files mean better files
Ah, good. I thought you were one of those with slow connection. Even if you would be, it will probably weight no more than around 30mb when zipped (7zip FTW).

Quote:
Btw, how would I go about making that armor look silvery? What is the process? Do I need GIMP?
Check your PM!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:56 PM   #136
plokoon87
Rookie

Yeah 1028x768.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:14 AM   #137
Watcher07
Rookie

Quote:
Hey SA, I was wondering if you know any modders who can give the skyboxes in both KOTOR and TSL a face lift? The skyboxes that are in game now, especially Taris, lack a lot of detail in the skybox. I was wondering if you know of anyone that has done that or would be willing to?
I know its to SA but thought I'd throw in that Sharen Thrawn did a realistic Nar Shadaa skybox for TSL that was pretty amazing. Don't want to break any forum rules about linking but suffice it to say that the mod name is Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skybox on kotor filefront site.
Watcher07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 03:04 AM   #138
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Some fairly new Nvidia card... I have all the graohic crap at max But i really dont care about the color of the sith armor, i mean, they are just animals that the noble heroes slaughter
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 04:36 AM   #139
zbyl2

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder 
Graphical Enhancement for TSL adding new skyboxes to all planet, all are very impressive (I love one for Telos, Onderon and Dantooine especially). And of course Realistic Nar Shaada skybox mod is great, it's the best skyboxes I ever seen.
zbyl2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #140
plokoon87
Rookie

I already knew about the Nar Shaddaa one. That is what gave me the thought for redoing Taris and the other planets in KOTOR.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #141
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
I don't think there are any for KOTOR. TSL has same (already mentioned by others).

Quote:
Just wondering: who all do you have reskinned, if I may ask. I know all the ones from your screenshots which are amazing, just wondering what else you've been workin on recently.
You'll have to wait and see. Expect an update soon.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #142
plokoon87
Rookie

I cannot find those skybox files. can someone send me the link via private message?
Old 09-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #143
zbyl2

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder 
Quote:
I cannot find those skybox files. can someone send me the link via private message?
You mean these from "Graphical Enhancement" mod?
Here (you'll must download texture for all planet and just export skyboxes...).
zbyl2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #144
plokoon87
Rookie

Hey SA, just an idea for the new "generic" heads you're doing - make some of the heads from TSL. You know, the PC selections? Is is legal to skin heads that you get inspiration for from the other game?
Old 09-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #145
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Due to the sheer amount of content, this mod has been renamed to K1 Enhancement Pack . If the mods would be so kind to change the thread title, it would be great.

As you wish! -RH

Anyway, visit the first page for more information about the changes, and new screenshots. There are a few things you should know about some of the new skins, though:

Darth Malak: This one was inspired by a re-skin made a long time ago. Some who have been here long enough might remember it. You can consider my skin to be a modern version of that one.

Bastila's Light and Dark robes: The "skin" part of the texture was made by Chaniz.2da (taken from his Bastila's Revelation Robes). I saw no reason to do it from scratch, since Chaniz has already done it. Call me lazy if you must, but that's the way it is.

Quote:
Hey SA, just an idea for the new "generic" heads you're doing - make some of the heads from TSL. You know, the PC selections? Is is legal to skin heads that you get inspiration for from the other game?
It's legal alright (some of the female Twi'lek heads in my mod were inspired by the Twi'lek assassins from K2), but I don't think I'll be doing that. I would prefer that K2 heads remain unique.

Last edited by RedHawke; 09-25-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:21 PM   #146
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
WOW! That's a lot of new content, and some excellent work. The only advice I can think of is: keep it up, you're doing great

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #147
plokoon87
Rookie

Holy Cow!!! This work is amazing SpaceAlex! Malak looks AWESOME!

Glad to see an update; looks like everything is rolling right along! Keep up the good work!
Old 09-26-2008, 12:07 PM   #148
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
The only advice I can think of is: keep it up, you're doing great
...oops ( @ myself) I just thought of some advice...

I was taking another look at Malak, and I think that it might be a little too shiny. It looks to me like his armour is made of glass. So, why does he have tattoos in one screen shot, and one without?

How are the Jedi Knight/Master robes going to be used? Will they replace the standard robes, or the Star Forge robes (PMBJ)? The colours that you've used look well done (they're not flat or plastic), and have subtle yet complex colour. The only problem is that they have the flap of the robe top not matching the flap of the skirt. I think that svösh's WIP was working on something similar, and fixing the skirts (post #365: screenshot). I really like how your robes are coming along, but the flaps not matching above and below the belt (from the original textures) always bugged me, and I'm hoping you'll try to fix it. If not, I truly understand, because you're already doing a huge pile of high quality work on these textures.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #149
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I was taking another look at Malak, and I think that it might be a little too shiny. It looks to me like his armour is made of glass. So, why does he have tattoos in one screen shot, and one without?
You think it's too shiny? It might look so on the screenshot... It looks great in-game (IMO). I've tried to make it less shiny, but the armor just doesn't look as cool, heh.

As for the tattoos, I'm letting people choose a head with or without a tattoo. I personally prefer the non-tattoo head because it makes him look a bit less...errr... stupid.

Quote:
How are the Jedi Knight/Master robes going to be used? Will they replace the standard robes, or the Star Forge robes (PMBJ)?
Actually, I plan to replace the Class C armor (the most basic or armors) because I never use it as it looks quite cheap and ugly. Jedi party members can't wear any armor anyway, and non-Jedi ones can't wear Jedi robes, so that's not a problem.

Quote:
The only problem is that they have the flap of the robe top not matching the flap of the skirt.
All robes in the game have this problem (even the wearable "I" model ones), so it's almost as if the devs intended it to be that way. I can make sense of it if I use my imagination, but it's not easy. svosh is certainly doing a great job on his robes (I will definitely use some of them in my game), but he's only fixing the female version of the council robes, and I would prefer that all robes look the same rather than some right and others wrong. I don't believe I have enough modeling knowledge (I could learn, but I'm not sure if I want to, really) to fix the male versions, so unless svosh (or someone else) decides to do it, we're out of luck.

Anyway, I initially made these robes for the NPC's only, but I thought it would make sense to make them available to the PC and PM as well. They look better than what is currently available, and it always bothered me that Jedi Knight/Master robes look the same as standard Jedi robes.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:09 PM   #150
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Is there any chance for alternate tatoos for Malak?

Like Joraks or Uthars?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #151
Christos K
Veteran

DANG Awesome mod. I will definately be downloading this mod. However will it be compatible with Shem's Super Enhanced Mod or the Jedi Robe Model mod.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #152
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Is there any chance for alternate tatoos for Malak?

Like Joraks or Uthars?
I prefer Malak without tattoos, so I'm not sure if I'll bother. Anything is possible though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
DANG Awesome mod. I will definately be downloading this mod. However will it be compatible with Shem's Super Enhanced Mod or the Jedi Robe Model mod.
I don't have those two mods installed (have my own set of enhancements in place ), but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be compatible. They seem to replace/add different files than my mod, so there shouldn't be any problems.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #153
plokoon87
Rookie

SA, I just thought of a real simple alteration that you could make that would make the game a little more realistic - give Trask a helmet. I mean, it just seems weird that a professional soldier would run into a skirmish with the Sith without a helmet. I have the "Republic Helmet" mod in my override, which as you may know allows you to put on Republic armor and a helmet, which looks really, really cool. But Trask without a helmet just looks silly.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #154
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Looks good so far.

Quote:
SA, I just thought of a real simple alteration that you could make that would make the game a little more realistic - give Trask a helmet. I mean, it just seems weird that a professional soldier would run into a skirmish with the Sith without a helmet. I have the "Republic Helmet" mod in my override, which as you may know allows you to put on Republic armor and a helmet, which looks really, really cool. But Trask without a helmet just looks silly.
I tried that as a personal addition to that mod, but it seems Trask can't wear masks. (Which is what the helmet is in that mod.)

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #155
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Maybe the helmet got blown off?

Old 09-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #156
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
You think it's too shiny? It might look so on the screenshot... It looks great in-game (IMO). I've tried to make it less shiny, but the armor just doesn't look as cool, heh.
Well, I guess I'd have to see it in-game then . Maybe if the alpha channel had some variation or texture to it, it would break up the smoothness of the reflection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Maybe the helmet got blown off?
Yeah, that's possible. Although, maybe he'd also have some new cuts from shrapnel? It's too bad Trask's head model has mirrored face, other wise someone could dirty up his head tga. Hmm...

Old 09-30-2008, 06:03 AM   #157
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Well, I guess I'd have to see it in-game then . Maybe if the alpha channel had some variation or texture to it, it would break up the smoothness of the reflection?
It actually does have it. Anyway, it really depends on what kind of place you put Malak. While he does look a bit too shiny on that screenshot, I really never was distracted by it in the game.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #158
ganoesparan06
Rookie

Can I ask you please keep Malaks head tats?

He just looks much better with them than without. Without he just looks like theres something missing from him. A little bit of his menace has gone...

Otherwise im really lookin forward to this.

Can i ask tho about Carth and Dustil?

In the game they look to only be around 10/11 years apart in age, i found a mod that made them look more like father and son. Will you be checking to make sure they do look like they are supposed?

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Battle Manual : SMAC
ganoesparan06 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #159
Christos K
Veteran

How about instead of asking to leave something out can you make this mod so the installer asks you if you want certain features of the mod to NOT be installed or just make it a typical WinRAR folder so we can choose.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #160
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganoesparan06 View Post
Can I ask you please keep Malaks head tats?

He just looks much better with them than without. Without he just looks like theres something missing from him. A little bit of his menace has gone...
Check out this earlier post:

Quote:
As for the tattoos, I'm letting people choose a head with or without a tattoo.
SpaceAlex already has that covered

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > K1 Enhancement Pack