lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Stupid Star Destroyer (Mid-Late Game Spoilers)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-24-2010, 01:47 AM   #41
Darth Levin
Lurker

Whooa, I finally succeeded. The key is no matter where the arrow points to, just turn the SD towards me.
Thank you all.
Darth Levin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #42
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimike2234 View Post
this was a problem for me too,what you have to do is keep the star destroyer almost facing you then the light will turn green and you can slowly bring it down,but its tricky ive seen the arrows facing down when i know the ship should be more up and facing me directly....its tricky to say the least,and yes im playing the pc version.keep at it you'll get it the first couple of times is very difficult,now i can do it and i bring it down in 3 attempts.
Since I know it's a ported version from the Xbox and PS3 versions as I was stating earlier in this thread, when the red turns to green, you need to make sure the Destroyer stays in there for a few seconds before you get the go ahead to pull it down.

The Destroyer will want to move so keep in eye on it and you will need to make slight movements, like a tapping motion every now and then in the direction necessary to keep it in the green area despite if it is still prompting you to move it, thought that doesn't always happen. It's more common the further you have pulled it down for that to happen. It's one of those things that once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to do it with ease.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #43
Lord Foley

Well, I got the Sith Edition for PC for Christmas and I've played through the game once on Sith Lord. As tedious as it was, I think a lot of my frustration came from knowing that other people got really frustrated with this part. Granted, I haven't tried it on Sith Master, but it took me something like 15-30 minutes (it's so hard to tell when you're doing nothing but running back and forth zapping and dragging). I managed to beat it just by playing chicken with the TIE fighters and not stopping dragging it down until I was actually being fired on. I tried to hide behind one of the things that juts up so the TIEs couldn't get me, but when you initiate dragging the star destroyer down they put you in the center automatically.

I also didn't have any trouble with the arrows pointing the wrong way or anything like that, as I've seen some of you mention. Was it fixed in the PC port or was I just lucky? In short, this was a pain but didn't slow my progress through the game in any real way.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #44
BigFatty
Lurker

I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I have the PC version of The Sith Edition, and I can't seem to get past the last portion of the Detroyer level (where you must point the ship up, and not down.)
I try to push it up with the mouse, but all I can do is get it up a little before the TIEs come.
The mouse works fine any other time, but when I try to move it for this, it's as if it is not as sensitive anymore.
I do use that trick of hiding behind a piller and zapping them with lightning which works for the previous bits, but it doesn't seem to buy me enough time here.
Any suggestions?
BigFatty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #45
sorbetkiller
Lurker

I to am having difficulty. I can pull the destroyer (through 3 phases of tie attacks) fairly close. However for (I'm guessing) the final phase I can never get it into the position where the control cues switch from A, D + mouse to S + down arrow and mouse + down arrow, to allow me to pull it down again before another attack wave prompts me to let go. I would love to plug in the code for invincibility however, I don't have the cheat code for that either. Any suggestions? techniques? This is for the PC version.
sorbetkiller is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #46
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
I strongly recommend to buy an x360 controller for Windows. I beat the game on Sith Master with it and it was at least 10 times easier.
Other than that try to make the Star Destroyer pointing exactly at you and ignore the arrows until they change to the S+down combination.

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #47
flyingosca
Rookie

Can anyone tell me how to pull the SD down using keyboard & mouse on a Mac?? I get the signs 'A' pull left and 'D' pull right with an icon of the mouse with an up arrow.
Do I push the mouse up or rotate the mouse wheel up? either way the SD does not move and before I know it the Tie fighters are back on my case again.
I have got the SD into the position to pull down using 'S', I get it down some then go back to hitting Ties, when they are done the damn SD is back where it was 3 or 4 attempts previously and not where I left it.
HOW do I finish this level?
Thanks
flyingosca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #48
flyingosca
Rookie

I still can't get it.... If the SD is facing left and I have to pull it right using 'D' then it turns fast and if I push the mouse up it rises into the correct position for me to start pulling it down with 'S'.
However, once I have pulled it down a couple of times, as soon as I have to let go to take care of the incoming Tie fighters, then it starts to drift back up and to the right which, when I start to pull again will allow me to pull it back to the middle using 'A' but no amount of pushing up with the mouse will let me get the nose high enough to be able to start pulling it down again.
Also - once at this stage, no matter where I let go of the SD to deal with the fighters - it is always back facing right when I start to grab it again.. Is this some sort of glitch?
I've been trying for 2 weeks now and I'm getting to the stage when I'm just going to give it up as a bad job... HELP!
Remember I'm playing on a Mac with keyboard and mouse - not xbox 360 controller.
If I got one would it work with a Mac ??
flyingosca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #49
Mythic
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars: more Wars
DON'T PANICK! it might take a long time but if you keep moving it to face you and then pull it down WHILE ALSO making sure it kinda faces you, you will win. The biggest problem is the TIE Fighters swarming at you. But in the end you will win or perish at the hands of Imperial Thai Fighters.

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Mythic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #50
SmootheOperator
Rookie

Current Game: Replaying Gears Of War trilogy
it will drive you insane if you let it. You have to destroy the TIE fighters as quickly as possible, some people say saber throw works well, but lightning is the ticket. follow the directions that the screen gives you to the second. let the TIE fighters hit you until you can take one more hit, about one hit below where your health bar narrows, then you have no choice but to let go, and lay waste to the TIE fighters again. You will gain all your health back. then start again, if you are good, you can do it in three or four cycles.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
SmootheOperator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #51
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Late to the game, but here are my thoughts: I usually try to beat a game on my own, but this time I wondered if I was doing something wrong on the PC version, and this thread gave me the idea I needed...

USE LIGHTNING.

I didn't think to do that before since your lightning can't destroy ships in any OTHER part of the game, who would have guessed it would be so effective here. Trying to slowly force grip the TIEs takes way too much time, or trying to toss that piece of debris that floats from the left side of the screen every so often is way too hard to use effectively. Thanks guys!

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2012, 05:43 AM   #52
Futher
Rookie

Simple... When the TIE are barreling in, go left, about 2 inches left of the left tower/defensive position, then grip and throw fighters into one another. You should be able to gripe 3 in a row and slam them into other fighters.

One thing that is total bull**** is that PC players are verily ****ed unless they map something to emulate the mouse up/down. I have a nostromo n50 speedpad and did just that. One nice little detail that would have been good to know is that getting things into the green zone varies with difficulty so when getting no movement indicators, nothing was aligned -yes, get the damn thing level and pointing at you. Once I figured that out after 30 minutes of trying to bring the mother****er down, I remapped the speedpad z-axis and did it in no time at all. Bull**** for PC players.
Futher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > Lord Vader's Chamber > Stupid Star Destroyer (Mid-Late Game Spoilers)

Tags
destroyer, force, imperial, prime, raxus, star, stupid, unleased