lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Bastilla: Like her or hate her?
What an awesome character! I love her! 58 38.67%
She got cool after she turned Dark Side 18 12.00%
I like her solely for her looks and her accent 23 15.33%
Meh, she's okay. 18 12.00%
Romance her? Gag me... 4 2.67%
Shut up, you spoiled, pampered little twit of a Jedi Princess! 15 10.00%
Die, Jedi dog! 5 3.33%
Yoda... 9 6.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Bastilla: Like her or hate her
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-02-2008, 01:03 AM   #81
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
maybe...maybe not...
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2008, 03:12 AM   #82
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'm pretty sure I don't mean anything except that I think she looks too curvaceous in her bodysuit.
i mean the same thing. *cough* yes.
but thats nothing compared to the visual assault you get a beach/pool!
the worst thing is when you're sitting there, staring blankly at a wall thinking of something. then you realize you're staring directly at a girl with 2% of clothing on. so you look away and you can practically taste the looks people are giving you... "perv."
trust me, its happened more than once.
so the next time you hang around a body of water, think of the poor christian guy and cover up!

Quote:
she looks pretty nice in a maroon Jedi Robe I got in a mod...
can you give me the link for that mod?

Quote:
I never talk to Jolee long enough to get to his wife, lol.
*gasp!* you dont talk to jolee?? some of that stuff is the best dialogue in the game!

Quote:
Yes...yes you did...Jolee hittin' on Bastilla...
bastila would hit jolee. hard.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #83
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
i mean the same thing. *cough* yes.
but thats nothing compared to the visual assault you get a beach/pool!
the worst thing is when you're sitting there, staring blankly at a wall thinking of something. then you realize you're staring directly at a girl with 2% of clothing on. so you look away and you can practically taste the looks people are giving you... "perv."
trust me, its happened more than once.
so the next time you hang around a body of water, think of the poor christian guy and cover up!
How embarrasing! How em-barrassing.

Quote:
can you give me the link for that mod?
I will as soon as I figure out which one it is! (My override folder is stuffed!)

Edt: Found the link! Here it is. Brotherhood of Shadow I'll try to get a screenshot up ASAP.

Quote:
*gasp!* you dont talk to jolee?? some of that stuff is the best dialogue in the game!
Hey, I don't talk to anyone anymore! Not even myself!

Quote:
bastila would hit jolee. hard.
Care to try for 'through the wall'?

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.

Last edited by Endorenna; 12-02-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #84
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Bastila doesnt have the powah to knock Jolee through the wall
Old 12-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #85
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron 7 locke View Post
Bastila doesnt have the powah to knock Jolee through the wall
Phhht. In a pig's eye...

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #86
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I can see Juhani launching Jolee through a wall for hitting on her...but i just can't see Bastila doing that no matter how hard i think
Old 12-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #87
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

nah. no question. bastila would whack jolee so hard he would grow hair.

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #88
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
...That put a VERY strange image in my head...I think i can do a fanfic out of this when i have the time
Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #89
mattig89ch

Quote:
lmao.

I can't see her doing that. I can see Juhani doing that, with her cathar temper.
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2008, 02:51 AM   #90
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Quote:

I haven't laughed so hard in a week.

I can see it now...Jolee with a mullet...

Short stories:

Old 12-03-2008, 04:18 AM   #91
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

afro, beybay!

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #92
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
She's okay...
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2009, 03:35 AM   #93
Ibelin
Rookie

I love Bastila.
Ibelin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2009, 12:29 AM   #94
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Bastila...she's always been an enigma to me. On the surface she's your stereotypical ***-kicking heroine who happens to be a Jedi. Plus given that I do not view the Jedi Order (not including the New Jedi Order) favorably, she did not have much credit with me to start with.

Then I started listening to her dialog carefully. Her personality is interesting: her personal demons are mostly self-perpetuated, but are also fueled by the foolish Jedi ideology of stifling one's passions. You actually feel sorry for her.

But then she gets turned to the "Dark Side." That isn't the "Dark Side" (provided that the Dark Side actually exists), that's just the Bastila Annoyance Enhancement Mod that Bioware not only threw in but actually hardwired into the game. Actually, it's not entirely Bastila, it's also characters like Malak and Atris: they all instantly regret their actions when they've been defeated or are about to die. No one just flips convictions like that. Plus her dialog at that point is so...wooden.

On the other hand she actually pretty hot in that Dark Jedi Robe.

In terms of game play, I wish she was more powerful, especially as a Sith. She's the second least powerful member of the Party (Carth being the worst). I wish she had some unique powers (maybe actual Battle Meditation).

Those are my thoughts.

Oh, and Visas is one of my top TSL faves. And yes, she is quite the looker.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2009, 12:43 AM   #95
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Other than being a hawt piece of T&A... I can't really make up my mind as to whether I would want to kill her or kiss her w.r.t. personality.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #96
mattig89ch

I saw this great video of mission and bastilla on taris. Mission is complaining how everyone is calling her too young, then basilla uses the force to trip her. god it was hysterical.

Quote:
528) ... and you make her do it half naked, in undies only. o.O ... and you extend this to your female boss
583 - Your female boss agrees
530) Your boss thinks you nuts for trying to wield a lightsaber
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #97
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
The problem with Bastila is that she gets boring after you complete the little "kiss" sequence, and will only show you visions of the starmaps.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2009, 02:47 AM   #98
Allronix
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattig89ch View Post
I saw this great video of mission and Bastilla on taris. Mission is complaining how everyone is calling her too young, then basilla uses the force to trip her. god it was hysterical.
Y'see, and that was one of the things that set off my alarm bells and made me a little afraid of her. Mission starts out asking an honest (albeit sophomoric) question, and Bastila totally flies off the handle, capping it off by doing the very "petty and trivial" thing she said she would never do.

She reacts to a kid's question by losing her temper and then attacking her with the Force? Oh, ten to one, I'm going to be addressing her as "Darth" later in this story. If she can't play nicely with others, I'm probably better off keeping her on the ship.

I kept thinking there would be another banter or something where she would admit her behavior was out of line, but there wasn't. And it wasn't just Mission - Bastila couldn't take a little teasing out of Canderous (and thanks to Athena Prime, my view of that banter's been corroded), was pretty short with Carth, and quite dogmatic with Jolee. Now, I can understand her being brusque with your PC, but the others didn't earn that kind of rudeness.

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #99
Chonan45
Lurker

Bastila is a wonderful character, and easily the most interesting one. She is willing to show compassion to anyone who repents, such as Revan (and Mekel on Korriban if you use the Bastila on Korriban mod). Considering what she knows of Revan, her compasssion and willingness to work with him is astounding. Of course, since neither Malak or Canderous ever repents, she rightfully despises them for their evil ways.

She has a huge responsibility riding on her shoulders; on Taris, Carth says that only Bastila stand between the Sith and victory. By the beginning of the first game, she has carried that burden for more than a year. Then she also takes on the burden of guiding mind-wiped Revan on the Star Forge mission. Is it any wonder she cracks under those burdens?

Her inner conflicts also grant the character depth, a depth that none of the others can match.

Frankly, Bastila is the only one of the crew which shows any inner strength at all. The others are just quitters in various forms: Carth is broken by simple betrayal and loss of his wife, much the same for Jolee. Canderous is broken by being defeated and finding no challenge working as a merc. Zaalbar is broken for being cast out. Mission is broken by being abandoned by her no good brother. Juhani is broken by failing her test.

There is nothing in any of their background, etc. which suggest any of them have even tried to improve their lot. Seriously, the rest of the crew is a pathetic bunch of losers in comparison with Bastila . At least she fought on, the rest just seemed to have given up until Revan came along. Yeah, I know it is just a game, but the difference is striking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allronix
Mission starts out asking an honest (albeit sophomoric) question,
And then she continues to push the issue when being told the very idea is preposterous . That scene makes Mission look not only dumb, but also bratty. Notice how Mission flies of the handle at the slightest mention of age? She really deserved what she got (and a force trip seems very mild in context).

Quote:
Bastila couldn't take a little teasing out of Canderous
He isn't teasing her, one would have to daft or willfully ignorant to believe that. He is insulting her (and her beliefs), and he does the same to Carth, once Carth admits to finding war horrible.

Quote:
but the others didn't earn that kind of rudeness.
Have you seen Carth's banter with Jolee? Here are the opening lines:

Quote:
Carth: So, Jolee, you decided to leave your little hermitage in the forest and come help us stop the Sith. I guess you realized this was worth coming out of retirement for, huh?
Jolee: Yeah, that's right, sonny. The Sith are the greatest evil to hit the galaxy since, well, the Mandalorians. And they're the worst thing since Exar Kun. Blah, blah, blah, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
Carth: Okay, old man, you lost me there. Are you trying to make a point?
Compare with the opening lines from Bastila's banter with Jolee:

Quote:
Bastila: Jolee, may I have a moment? There is something I wish to speak to you about.
Jolee: Yep, I figured it was only a matter of time until we had the whole "come back to the Order" discussion. Well, I guess there's no avoiding it now, so let's get it over with.
Bastila: I know you have... issues... with the Order. But you are a Jedi, Jolee. You command the Force. Without the guidance of the Council how can you avoid falling to the dark side?
Carth wins hands down in the rudeness department. He is only marginally less rude in his banters with Bastila.

Canderous is rude/insulting to everyone, except Revan.

Jolee is patronizing and rude toward Revan, and to a lesser extent Bastila and Carth.

Mission is a brat to anyone but Revan and Zaalbar.

Seriously, the others are far worse than Bastila, when it comes to being rude.
She treats them no worse than they treat each other or her, and she often is more polite and patient with them than they deserve.
Chonan45 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #100
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
She is best when on the dark side.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 12:52 AM   #101
Ibelin
Rookie

Do you like Bastila?

I know there must be a thread like this one but i think a new poll is good enough.

Last edited by Ibelin; 03-15-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:06 AM   #102
Admiral_Thrawn

Current Game: Empire at War: FoC
Please cut the biased thread making. Yes, there is a poll already like this. No, we don't appreciate your needless posting.

Instead of flaming, just report the post and let the moderators do their work. --Jae

Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant.
"This one is constantly thinking, analyzing, strategizing. He showed no fear, but was curious, studying me in turn."
―Emperor Palpatine
"All thoughts are worth listening to, whether later judged to be of value or not."
―Thrawn
"I have no qualms about accepting a useful idea merely because it wasn't my own."
―Thrawn
"But… it was so artistically done."
―Thrawn's last words
-Master Tactician

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 03-15-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Admiral_Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2009, 07:08 AM   #103
Ibelin
Rookie

Unhappy

Quote:
No, we don't appreciate your needless posting.
What do you mean?
Can I edit the poll?

"Do you like Bastila" thread merged with "Bastila: Like her or hate her"

And welcome to the forums too, Ibelin. --Jae

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 03-15-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #104
ShinDangaioh
Rookie

Meh. She's all right. She has too much faith in the Jedi Council and has no belief in her own strength.

The Jedi Council are the holders of all that is wise and good and the only hope to stand against the Dark Side blah blah blah. That constant extolling on the virtues of the Jedi Council was annoying.

Bastilia didn't have her own mind.
ShinDangaioh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2009, 04:19 AM   #105
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Bastilia didn't have her own mind.
...and yet she questioned her beliefs, which malak amplified to turn her to the dark side. she also chose to stuff the code and love revan at the end.

it is not a cry of joy.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #106
Parmenides
Rookie

Bastilia was excellent. There were a few things I didn't like too much. But overall superb character at the right place and right time. The arrogance (and trying to contol it) coupled with the teasing (how she lost her saber in Taris and got captured) makes for some great fun. She has lots of spirit, yet you can poke holes and fluster her (especially while flirting). What's not to like? She's your little firecracker.

Maybe not one of the best personalities ever in the history of gaming, but one of the most capturing IMHO. There was much more going on than personality expression. Hard to explain.

BTW, why couldn't she escape her cage until after the swoop race? Was the Revan force bond the key to help her focus on pushing through?
Parmenides is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #107
darthnihl
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR 2
She is kinda hot.
darthnihl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #108
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
She was kind of annoying at first. But for a video game character she is actually kinda hot.
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #109
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer

Current Game: KotOR II
Bastila + Dark Side = Win

EDIT: I am also in agreement with the previous 2 posts

My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #110
Lord Foley

E'erbody loves some Bastila!

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #111
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I liked her, though I didn't much care for her "holier than thou" attitude especially when she (to nobody's surprise) succumbs to the Sith. I found her preachiness less annoying and contradictory than Kreia's (even though I greatly like Kreai too ), because at least with Bastila she is somewhat "nice" about telling you off and even gives you a kiss with Kreia on the other hand you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2010, 11:29 PM   #112
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

She can have my digital babies.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #113
Darth Smaug
Veteran

I like her solely for her looks and her accent is what I voted.

I really like Bastila because of her accent and hotness, I couldn't care less about the dialogues

I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #114
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor View Post
Regards the hotter thing - Visas has no eyes.
Smokin' body though...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #115
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Revan and Bastila make a cute pair, just like Exile and Atton.

who here thinks she had kids with Revan?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #116
Darth Smaug
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Darasuum Mandalor View Post
Revan and Bastila make a cute pair, just like Exile and Atton.

who here thinks she had kids with Revan?
I believe she did actually, look it up on wookieepedia

Old 02-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #117
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

What is his/her name?
Old 02-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #118
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Darasuum Mandalor View Post
What is his/her name?
Not sure on kid's names, but TOR hints that Satele Shan is a direct descendant of Revan in the latest Threat of Peace issue (#26 I think). Given that, plus her last name, it's safe to assume that Revan and Bastila did have at least one child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Smokin' body though...
And the voice too...

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2010, 04:56 AM   #119
Darth Smaug
Veteran

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Satele_Shan

If we see this, it's safe to say Revan and Bastila indeed had a child

Old 02-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #120
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Then I wonder what became of Basty and Rev after he returned from the outer regions! Were they reunited? Have any theories?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Bastilla: Like her or hate her