lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Wait is Over...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-26-2008, 12:33 AM   #401
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
When I was playing SWG, I felt incredibly special and singled out because I was different than everybody else. I was my own person. I looked like my own person. I was the only one with my name. And I felt like I was part of Star Wars, which was what I want. I'm sure that TOR will give me the same impression, and I can't wait for it.

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #402
Pikmin

I still want a Obsidian made k3.
Pikmin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 09:41 AM   #403
sarpedon2
Rookie

Amen Pimkin. I just wish members of Bioware would come and talk to us on the forums.
sarpedon2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #404
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
When I was playing SWG, I felt incredibly special and singled out because I was different than everybody else. I was my own person. I looked like my own person. I was the only one with my name. And I felt like I was part of Star Wars, which was what I want. I'm sure that TOR will give me the same impression, and I can't wait for it.
Should that answer how a MMO can feel personal and story driven?

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 11:10 AM   #405
Del_Boy
Rookie

I wont be buying, i don't like the look of the graphics too cartoony, at the end of the day we all wanted a conclusion to the story and they just made what they wanted to make, they didn't listen to what the fans wanted.

REDHAWKE (redhorse) HAS A MINGE FACE, LICK LICK
Del_Boy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 PM   #406
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Do you think so? To me they look very dated. On thing I'll potentially be disappointed about is the lower end graphics to accommodate the MMO style...
dated maybe, but not very. No it's not necessarily "Star Wars" graphics and it could be much better than they are, but you make too personal and should look at it from an objective point of view. If your not an MMO gamer don't get so beat up about the fact that they decided to make an MMO at all. Its a hot, new thing and developers(not all) want in.

They said that an MMO is being made to tell more than one story, and something like that has great potential for an MMO whereas WOW has essentially no story at all. This game isn't even KOTOR, its just TOR. I wouldn't give up KOTOR and say its dead, I wouldn't even call it evolved, its just in a corner of a room in the back of a filing cabinet waiting to be found.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #407
mattig89ch

That filing cabinet is in a burning building. I don't want it to be over either, but it is.
mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2008, 07:01 PM   #408
Darca Lar
Forumite

well then...should we have a funeral? For me I'm happy either way just playing Fable 2 at the moment. KOTOR is behind me for now.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #409
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darca Lar View Post
well then...should we have a funeral? For me I'm happy either way just playing Fable 2 at the moment. KOTOR is behind me for now.
The existence of KOTOR 3 is already dead in my mind, but if I were playing Fable II it would be buried 6 feet under

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2008, 10:33 PM   #410
Darca Lar
Forumite

4 under for me...YEARS that is!

Old 11-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #411
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
Should that answer how a MMO can feel personal and story driven?

Most certainly not. When you play a game and have to make up your entire story yourself, it's not story driven.
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2008, 11:44 PM   #412
Darca Lar
Forumite

In a way though it is cuz you're DRIVEN by your OWN story.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #413
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darca Lar View Post
In a way though it is cuz you're DRIVEN by your OWN story.
OK, but its actually not. It only exists inside your head. You don't need a game to be "driven by your own story". You can just you your IMAGINATION.
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #414
Darca Lar
Forumite

By "driven by your own story", the point being made WAS using your imagination which in doing so gives you a story. For example, a backstory to your character and what drives your character to do what they do. What are their goals? Is there a twist? Your Imagination can do all this.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > The Wait is Over...