Thread: How many of you played WAR and have now stopped?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
DarthMaulUK

How many of you played WAR and have now stopped?

My 30 days ended 2 days ago and I cant see myself going back. Sure the pvp was alot of fun but the servers are already starting to get empty now that the 30 days for many has been expiring.

All the hype and such an unpolished game. Shame, it promised so much but delivered very little.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I am not very interested in trying this game because there a few parts of it that annoy me as a former tabletop Warhammer player. All the armies are not available (yeah probably in expansions but still), and I do not like you are part of a certain faction within each army. Just things like that would bug me. I have also seen the interface and it is extremely similar to WoW's ui.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
It looked so good...and really does not deliver. I am not encouraged to return either. Sad, it was so hopeful. Well maybe the assets and energy can now go into the SW MMO.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
True_Avery
Banned

I had the option to join the Beta and almost did, but upon reflection of all the data present about it I thought otherwise.

From the many reviews that have been floating around, seems I was right.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 

Good times.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2008, 11:05 PM   #6
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
30-days trial? If I had the time and I was interested, I would've given it a try. I'm not interested in MMo's, however (except for TOR, of course, and WoW, which I have considered trying before, but never did ).

It seems like WAR & AOC both failed in their promise to bring WoW down. I think there are lessons to be learned for TOR here.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 05:13 AM   #7
Jaypee
Rookie

Played at launched...canceled before 1st renewal
Jaypee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Community > Coronet City > How many of you played WAR and have now stopped?