lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: X-Wing Trilogy
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-02-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
gmarti01

X-Wing Trilogy

Hi again.

So I've been trying to twist some arms and get a special someone to get me X-Wing Trilogy for the Holidays but she is huffing over the pricetag

Best prices I am finding it for are in the 85-100 dollar range. Am I looking in the right spots (buy.com, ebay, amazon) ? A game 15 years old cannot cost 100 dollars unless they are.........gasp.......considered classics already ?

Wow - maybe I am getting old.
gmarti01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
It's also that you can't get as good a deal on Ebay as you used to be able to. I've been looking at bowling balls there, but I always seem to get bid out of my price range (one that factors in the fact that I'll have to get the ball drilled locally for an additional charge).

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
gmarti01

LOL - Hillarious. I JUST bought a bowling ball from ebay. What a coincidence. The bidding started off at 20 something and it went for 60. It was just the size, brand, and coverstock i wanted so i maxed by bid. I likely overpaid but whatever.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
gmarti01

So Wildstar, I'm gonna pull the trigger on the X-Wing Trilogy edition, but I now have a PC running Windows VISTA. Is this even going to be possible ?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

If you have the 64-bit version of Vista, you'll need the MSI installer packages on Markus Egger's site (and you might want to use them anyway, b/c then you can remove the games through "Programs and Features" in Control Panel if you need to), and I think you already know about the 3D compatibility fix for XW95 and TIE95...it still works in Windows Vista.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
gmarti01

The 3D compatibility fix removes the MIDI soundtrack from XW and Tie games, right ? That's a shame.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

No, the Windows versions of those games never had the MIDI music...they were replaced by Redbook audio that is on the CDs.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
gmarti01

Wildstar, I went ahead and got the X-Wing Trilogy off eBay and I must say I am very very pleased. I know the MIDI is missing, but I've gotten over it. It's every bit as awesome as I remember and the graphics upgrade was actually a very nice bonus (particurally X-Wing and Tie Fighter, I just played XWA a couple of years back). Hunting people down in the Missile Boat with a tractor beam and 80 advanced missiles - ahhhhhhhhhhhh amazing. I wish the BoP add on for Xvt was included but I will live. Thanks for your help.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > X-Wing Trilogy & X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter > X-Wing Trilogy